Cursing the Moon Goddess

Galing kay Izaltamirano

Wolfs can only become Alphas if they have a Mate because this guarantees their strength to guide a pack. Cole... Higit pa

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Author's Note

Chapter Nine

26 2 0
Galing kay Izaltamirano

Mikaela POV

When dinner finished, I volunteered to help clean. They told me I didn't have to, but I had no room to go to. I didn't want to keep pestering Beckett. So, I helped. Of course, Beckett had to stay with me. Thankfully it took a while, we finished around 9pm. But now I didn't know what else to do.

"Do you know where Asher is?" I ask Beckett who was standing near the kitchen door.

"No, but he isn't in the house." He tells me.

"You sure?" I ask him.

"You can go rest. I'll link you if he comes." He tells me.

"Thanks Beck." I say.

I go to his room for my suitcase and take it to the bedroom given to Asher and I. I enter slowly and a little shaky. I didn't want to go in there. The memories of the other night want to invade my mind but I push them away. The room smells of Asher, and other wolves. I hope the omegas who clean it don't talk about that. I go to the bathroom and lock myself in. It's quite large and has a window I could use to escape if necessary. I shall sleep here.

As I try to decide where I would sleep, I remember I didn't bring a pillow or blanket. Stupid Mikaela. I grab some towels as my blankets and sleep in the tub. I've seen people do it in the movies, maybe it would work.

It didn't. I was hella uncomfortable. I tossed and turned until I was too tired to keep moving and finally dozed off.

I woke up to giggling and whispering. Asher had brought another woman again.

"Beckett!" He didn't answer. He must've fallen asleep. What should I do? Should I leave? I didn't want to be here while my mate fucked another woman. A familiar pain started to creep in my body. I closed my eyes and hugged my knees. I could not escape silently with this pain.

"We can get through this" My wolf said.

"I don't think I can keep living like this" I cried.

"Just a little more, we can get through this together. We're strong enough. Just... think about something else." she pleaded.

"Like what?"

"Like a place that gives us peace. Home!" she suggested. But home was where my father was murdered.

"Not home!" She corrected herself. "Think of the lake!"

"The lake? The one I found Cole swimming in?"

"Yes! That lake. Remember how well we slept, how good the lemons smelled, and the mint."

I tried to remember his hand petting my head, behind my ears. That had felt nice. I tried to focus on the smell of lemons and mint. My pain was bearable now. But I could still feel the tears on my face.

I don't know how long it took for me to fall asleep like that. Crouched in the tub, my eyes closed tight, thinking about a warm hand petting my head.

I woke up with my neck in pain. That was so uncomfortable. I stretched out for a solid ten minutes before showering and getting dressed. Today I put on black jeans and a gray silk top, with a light jacket, something always covering my mark. My make up was pretty much the same, but I decided to go for a deeper cherry tone of lipstick, instead of look at me red.

I pressed my ear to the door. I could hear even breathing from Asher.

As quietly as I could I hid my suitcase in the bathroom and left the room. I couldn't keep myself from looking at Asher tangled naked in the sheets. I felt angry and disappointed.

Closing the bedroom door behind me, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

I decide to get a glass of water and sit in the kitchen while the cooks prepare breakfast. Beckett joins me, and squeezes my shoulder trying to comfort me. Again, everyone heard Asher in the bedroom.

"I'm sorry I fell asleep." Beckett said. "I tried to reach you when Asher's noise woke me up, but you blocked your mind."

"I was protecting myself" I told him.

"I know, I'm so sorry." He tells me.

I was tired from the past two nights in pain and didn't pay attention to the conversation during breakfast. I was just trying to make it to lunch. Then I would go to Alpha Jonathan and find a way to tell me about a witch or wizard.

Cole POV

Last night was awful. I had a tight pain in my chest and I didn't know why. I just tossed and turned most of the night. I was eager for today's training. Some good exercise would definitely give me an energy boost.

I came down to breakfast before anyone in my pack. Mikaela and Beckett were already in their seats. I sat in my usual spot as I greeted them. Beckett was polite as always but Mikaela was sitting like a zombie. She must've not slept much. My wolf growled in concern. I hope they didn't notice.

Through breakfast, I noticed Mikaela was on autopilot. Not really bothering with the conversation about Anne leaving yesterday. Not that she should care. Soon, the women started talking about them leaving their own packs when they found their mates. I wondered what it would be like having this breakfast with Kara.

After training I felt much better, and jogged happily to the showers.

"Family meeting" My mother spoke through the link.

I arrived at father's office with Jace and Elena.

- What's this about? – Asked Jace.

- It's time to decide if we're going into this alliance with Crescent Moon. – My father said.

That's right, tomorrow morning, she was leaving.

- Give us your opinions on Alpha Asher and Luna Mikaela – My mother ordered.

- I like Mikaela – started Elena. – She's polite, and graceful. Like a Luna should be, and I'm glad she's not a cheater. But not Asher. Not his person, not him being Alpha. He's in the local bar every evening. And I haven't heard him say anything intelligent.

- I also like Mikaela. - My brother went next - She's good at dodging my questions, only few people can do that. As for Asher. He's a loving mate to her, from where I see. I learned he was an omega before he was Alpha, so that explains why I don't see any Alpha wood in him, but Mikaela is good. And I'm sure he can learn.

They turned to me; it was my turn.

- Mikaela is a good Luna. She is studying, she can hold a conversation with Elena without making faces, she dealt with Jace's interrogation, and she also dodged my own interrogation. Asher seems to be a good mate... as for being Alpha, I agree with Jace, he has a lot to learn. – It hurt saying he was a good mate. But he hadn't given me reasons to believe otherwise.

- We actually believed the same thing. – My mother said. – Until Mikaela asked your father to help her locate a sorcerer.

She asked for that?

- She didn't tell him why, but she said it was important – My mother continued.

- We've only known her for a few days, Robert died a few months ago. She's been Luna for so little. Something is off in her petition. – My father says.

- Maybe it has something to do with her wanting a baby – Said Jace.

- You really think they were serious yesterday? – Asks Mother.

- I mean we can all hear them try... Why isn't the first floor soundproof? Is it because it's for guests? – Jace started getting off trail.

- What do you mean trying? – My father asked. – She's too young. Like I said, she's been through a lot. And she still needs to finish medical school. – He sounded like she was his daughter.

- Maybe that's why she's trying. A child is a blessing from the moon goddess. A source of energy to keep living for. – My mother says.

- Maybe we have the wrong idea – Elena said. – I mean Asher is an alcoholic. He can't be a Father.

- You're still holding he's an alcoholic? – Jace asks. – I've only seen him hungover once. And drinking: never!

- Did you not listen when I said he's always at the bar?! – Elena is annoyed.

- I don't get wolfsbane off his scent. – My father says.

- She's a young Luna. She's gone through a lot in a short period of time. Whatever reason she needs the sorcerer; I don't think it's for anything bad. – I say. I couldn't see her do anything wrong.

- I Agree – My mother says.

Really? I thought she was the one who least trusted her. – I'll find out if her intentions are good. And share my discoveries with you. – She told us.

- Prepare a trip to Scarlett's in case. – She told me. Why me? I needed to avoid Mikaela.

Mikaela POV

My meeting with Alpha Jonathan didn't go well. I couldn't lie to him about why I needed the Witch or wizard. I just couldn't. And his eyes showed me distrust. I hated that look so I stopped pushing the matter. I didn't know what to do. I had to find a way to get to a sorcerer and make them help me. But how?

After lunch, the meeting continued. But something was off. Luna Iris and Alpha Jonathan kept making excuses to not print the contract.

- We should take a break – I said. I needed Asher out and ask them directly.

- I agree – Asher said. – I need to use the restroom. – And he left.

"Find out why they're delaying this" He said through the link. So, he could tell too. He was not as useless of an Alpha as I thought.

- Alpha, Luna – I looked at them. – Have you changed your minds about the alliance?

My gut told me to get straight to the point.

- You noticed Luna Mikaela, I thought Asher would confront us. – Luna Iris said.

- I don't understand why – I told them.

- I'll be honest with you – Said Alpha Jonathan. – Asher is not ready to be an Alpha. He has to be, but he's too green. We can't sign with him, not yet.

Asher is always getting in my way. But it wasn't the first time. I knew what to say.

- As you know, he is still learning how to be an Alpha – I said.

- You can return when he learns – Said Luna Iris.

- My pack needs my father's allies. I know you don't trust Asher, because of his lack of training. But you can trust me. I'm Alpha Robert's daughter. The only reason I'm not alpha is because I'm a girl. But I know what's best for my pack. I know how to deal with what needs to be done. I can sign as the heir to my father. – I said. Other packs had told me the same preoccupations about Asher. And I used my name to reassure them. Only, Asher would not be the one signing. And his name would not be mentioned. Just mine.

- Will you help Asher become a better Alpha? – Asked Luna Iris. Why did she have to ask that? Did she not know it was hard to lie in front of Alpha Jonathan?

- I am already doing everything I can for the sake of my pack. – I say. I hope it's good enough for her.

- And Asher won't mind the treaty being with you? – Alpha Jonathan asked.

Asher returned at this moment, he walked to me and held my shoulders.

- We are mates – He said. – I have no problem at all.

"It's not like I'll ever leave your side". He said through our link. Fuck you Asher.

-Perfect! – Exclaimed Luna Iris. – Let's finish this.

After editing the contract, printing it and reading it carefully, I signed. Along with Alpha Jonathan and Luna Iris. But I knew I would have to come again when Cole became Alpha.

An omega brought Champagne and we toasted to our new allies. Finally, the meetings were over.

When I was about to leave, Luna Iris asked me to go with her. I had a bad feeling about this.

She leads me to the rose path behind the pack house.

-This is a very nice path – I said. Beckett was following with one of Luna Iris's guards.

-Yes, I take care of it myself – Luna Iris Said. I was surprised.

-You are doing a great job – I said.

-Thank you. But actually, it's a pack effort. – She Admits.

- Mikaela, dear. – She begins. – I need to know in order to help you, why do you need a sorcerer?

So Alpha Jonathan already told her. It was sweet they told each other everything. I needed to be careful.

- It's a very delicate and personal matter Luna – I say. I can't lie to her if she's going to tell Alpha Jonathan later. I liked that man, he reminded me of my Father. She stopped and took my hands. Then she looked at me with her beautiful green eyes. Just like Cole's eyes.

- Please dear, I only want to help. – She said looking in my eyes. I wanted to tell her everything. Her hands were so soft, and gentle. Her eyes were honest and I really needed to vent everything.

- I can only tell you my happiness depends on it. – I say, tears forming in my eyes.

- Why would you say that? You are so young, a bright future ahead! – She said.

- It's exactly about my future. I don't see it that way, I don't see it bright, not without help. I tried to be patient hoping fate would help me, but it hasn't. And I cannot just wait and do nothing. – I said. The tears already on my cheeks.

- My dear, you've only had your mate for three months, there is so much time ahead of you – She insisted. That's exactly what I don't want! I need to break free from Asher.

- I can't keep wasting time like this. I want nothing but a peaceful future. The time you see ahead of me, would only be torturous if I don't find help. – I try to make her understand without telling her it's Asher who makes me miserable.

- Are you completely sure? – She asks. I Stare at her for a moment, will she help me?

- I wouldn't lie about this. – I say looking in her eyes, hoping she would see my honesty, my despair. She stares back. The silence is killing me.

- Alright Mikaela. I'll help you – She finally said. My tears flooded my eyes and I hugged her while I sobbed.

- Thank you, Luna Iris! Thank you so much! – I said, trying to keep my snot from ruining her clothes.

- But I beg you. Please don't tell Asher. – I say and she pulls away and looks at my face.

- Why not? – She asks me.

- I don't think he'll agree with my methods. – I say, trying to keep the snot in. I need to stop crying.

- Is he too proud? – She asks.

What?

- Yes. – I think it's the right answer.

- Oh, all men are like that. But worry not. He will suspect nothing! – She says. I am confused. What does she think she's helping me with?

- We'll leave in thirty minutes. I'll meet you in the living room. – She said. My heart started beating faster. Thirty minutes? So soon? Could the moon goddess finally be on my side?

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

1.3M 42.1K 31
[Rejection Series Book 2] "Me, your mate? As if. You're weak and the reason my parents are dead!" He scuffs at my face and then does the worst thing...
187K 2.6K 56
Finding your soulmate in a werewolf community is the greatest thing that could happen to you. But not to Chase. Chase, the soon-to-be Alpha of the B...
649K 21.9K 59
In a world where werewolves no longer have fated mates, Blake wants someone who she knows will be there for her unconditionally. But she also wants h...