𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄

By kloudedxbarbie

𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐨�... More

Copyright
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
Epilogue
Author's Note

011

18.7K 884 174
By kloudedxbarbie

Chapter Eleven:
New opp in the air

Reese Ta'vian Jackson
Chicago, Illinois

"Reese, this is my friend Cameron." Reneé explained as she sat up and grabbed the plate of food that her brother had put down for her.

Reese mugged Cameron while he sat in front of them with his gun on his lap and his plate of food in his hand. He had changed his clothes but Cameron was sure that it was him. It was the same tattoos but he'd taken his grills off too, obviously since he was eating.

"Cameron pussy ass couldn't even get the job done." Reese grumbled before he stabbed a prawn with his fork and ate it. His eyes solely on Cameron, if it wasn't for him, Reneé wouldn't have been in danger.

"Lil boy, Whatchu just say?" Cameron sat up straight immediately and stared at Reese, he was getting angry.

Putting the plate of food on the table, Reese got closer and said, "I just said yo pussy ass couldn't get the job done. My sister don't need no bitch ass nigga foh a friend."

Reneé pushed Reese away and nudged Cameron. She didn't understand what was happening right now.

"What the hell are you talking about?!" Reneé shouted as she rushed over to her brother, pushing him away from an angry Cameron.

"This foo couldn't even kill the nigga that shot you, I had to do it." Reese held his gun tightly as he pointed it at Cameron while Reneé stood in front of him. "Nigga was standing right in front of him and he ain't even do nun."

Reneé looked at Cameron and then at Reese. She grabbed her food and sat down, leaving them standing up. This was an argument that she wasn't interested in.

"You killed him?" She asked Reese and he nodded his head before he grabbed his food and sat down too with a mug on his face.

Cameron slumped down onto the sofa while Reese mugged him. Reneé was so innocent, how was she related to a boy like this? He looked like he ran the streets in Jacksonville. The way he handled the gun when he shot Melly showed that he had a lot of experience. Nigga was a whole killer. Just like Cameron.

"Ion believe in killin niggas while kids around. Shit fucks them up." He grumbled as he grabbed Renee's legs and placed them on his thighs. Cameron needed to do something to keep his mind off the disrespect he'd just gotten.

"In that moment, it was either I chose that lil kid's sanity or to avenge my blood. And I'd choose my blood any day but that's where you can't understand." Reese said before he stood up and walked out the room, not before he mushed Renee's head.

Reese loved Reneé more than anything. She was his only relative besides his pops. Reneé was like his mother at times, since she was the softness that his father lacked to give him. His father was an excellent parent but Reneé gave him what he missed out from his mother, which was warmth and unconditional love. He did not play about her, he would do anything for her.

So for him to see that Cameron had gotten her in danger, it felt disrespectful to him.

"I really was gon' kill Melly. I just don't believe in fuckin up lil kids' lives in the process of doin that." Cameron explained as he rubbed her legs and thighs, he loved how smooth she felt and how she always smelt like cocoa butter.

"Cameron, I understand." Reneé said shortly before she looked at him and smiled, she completely understood.

However, she felt at peace knowing that her brother had finished the job. She could sleep at night knowing that the man who tried to kill her was gone and never coming back and she was grateful for Reese doing that.

"Can we chill another day? My brother only gonna be here for two days and I wanna spend time with him before he leaves." She asked him nicely, she felt bad but Reese came first. Always.

If there was anything her mom had taught her was that Reese and Reneé only had each other to rely on. Even though she loved spending time with Cameron, she missed her brother.

"Yeah baby, call me when you free." He kissed her before heading out the apartment to his car.

"Come out! I know your ass been waiting." She shouted to Reese and he came out the bedroom and slumped right next to her.

They put on 'The Fresh Prince of Bel Air' and watched it, they talked all night too. It was calm, fulfilling and very much needed.

-XX-

"Aw, I'm so glad you're okay!" One of the girls rushed over to hug her when she came back to the salon.

She smiled as she got flowers and hugs, these girls were incredibly kind. She hated that black women constantly competed with each other and couldn't thrive together but her salon proved that they could all grow together while supporting one another. Reneé loved it but they had to get back to work, they had a lot of customers today because Valentine's Day was coming up.

"You all know that we are gonna be busy today, let's do our best!" She shouted as they opened the salon and rushed over to their stations.

Playing some RnB in the background of the salon, Reneé watched as customers began piling in. Soon enough all the chairs were packed and even the waiting chairs, they were all trying to look good for their man.

"So who you trying to look all cute for?" Reneé asked her customer as she did her nails, she was always here but today she was doing her nails longer than usual and more dramatic.

"Girl no one, it's my girlfriend's baby shower and I'm the Godmother. Gotta look snatched for my lil godbaby." She explained with a wide grin, you could tell she was excited.

"You mean Tamika?" One of the women getting their hair done spoke.

"Yeah Tamika, the one who nigga breath smell like he twerk."  She said as chewed her gum.

The whole room bursted out laughing, even Reneé. These were the reasons why she loved her job and worked as hard as she did. Salons had been the one place for centuries where black women were always fully accepted and could just enjoy each other's company while indulging in their femininity. These moments were her motivation for when she felt like giving up.

After doing her nails, the customer paid her 100 dollars with a 100 dollar tip.

"Keep it, I live for the vibe here girl. Don't ever shut down." She said as she hugged Reneé before she walked out the Salon.

reneé.touch just posted an hour ago.

Liked by reese_BG, lilisa and 67, 986 others

reneé.touch happy customer 🤍

Hours went by and it was finally nighttime and the girls had left. Reneé was just doing some last minute counting when Reese came in and sat down in her office.

She smiled at her brother before she continued counting the money and then she took a thousand out and placed it in front of him. The rest she put in the safe behind the picture.

"yo what's this foh?" He asked as he looked at the money.

"If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have moved here or even started doing nails." Reneé smiled as she grabbed the money and gave it to him. He smiled as if he wasn't used to having money but since it came from his sister, he was a lot more grateful.

"Thank you for supporting me." Reneé said before she pulled him into a hug. He supported her even when her Dad was against it. When she had no one else to do nails on, he let her practise on his nails and she was forever grateful for that.

"You my blood, don't forget that." Reese said as they walked out, today was his last day in Chicago.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 4.7K 36
"𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲?" "𝗮𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀" 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗇𝖺 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽 𝗆𝗒 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗒 𝖼𝗅𝗂𝖼𝗄 𝗈𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖻𝗎𝗍𝗍𝗈𝗇 𝗈𝗋 𝖽𝗈𝗇𝗍 𝗂𝖽𝖼🌚💕 Starte...
182K 5.3K 49
~𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙧 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙪𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩
319K 11.8K 52
𝙄 𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙜𝙖𝙨 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙𝙣'𝙩 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪 #1 in STREETS-20/03/22
537K 14.7K 50
Est.2020