Eternally

By kazbrekkersgf

Oriya Deronte, the American Mafia's future Donna. She was destined to be the queen. Skills in assassination a... More

1. unexpected guest
2. wasn't me
3. friends?
4. head on a plate
5. the letter
6. the perfect excuse
8. small mission
9. the train
10. don't move
11. drugged
12. sticky note apology
13. onsies
14. apology
15. trust me?
16. blood bath
17. fight me?
18. give them a show
19. his shoes
20. father's wrath
21. be honest
22. betro
23. run like hell
24. the cake
25. home
26. theo's birthday
27. my secret
28. the challenge
29. his knife
30. true menace
31. huge distraction
32. yellow skittle
33. nerf guns
34. sworn enemy
35. foghorn
36. pay the price
37. cold as ice
38. bloody mary
39. movie night
40. sharpie
41. missed calls and texts
42. ugly heart
43. crab legs
44. my ride
45. tolerate
46. my girlfriend
47. someone else
48. sick and twisted
49. snoop dogg
50. keeping secrets
51. protect each other
52. a mass murder
53. my true love
54. house tour
55. cruel and odious
56. heart
57. unravelled secrets
58. family
59. friendship
60. our thing
61. date night
62. settling scores

7. truce

19.2K 461 195
By kazbrekkersgf

Chapter 7

Oriya Deronte

We took the same car home. Leo Laurent thought it would be a 'good bonding experience.' There was no bonding at all. Our fathers sat quietly. Vincent took off his tie and tied it around his thigh making blood spill out onto the seat. His collar, now undone.

Leo Laurent squirmed and shifted away from his son.

"Jesus Christ." He whispered.

He remained quiet, glaring at the passing trees as
we drove past them. I didn't have much to say either. Father told me that after we find the person threatening us, I could kill Vincent. That right there was the motivation I was using to find the man as soon as possible.

We finally arrived at the Laurent Estate. Their mansion was huge and beautiful. It had a nice water fountain in the middle of the parking lot where many cars were parked. Most of them were black and a sports car.

We stepped out and walked to the door. Leo punched in a code and the doors opened. Four maids came rushing to the door immediately, assisting Vincent and Leo to take off their coats and hand them a glass of water. Arrogant bastards.

The house was surrounded by bodyguards everywhere. At every door, the bottom of the stairs, the top of the stairs, everywhere.

"I'm going to stitch this up, I will return shortly." Vincent told us.

"Oriya, go with him." Leo said.

"No. Use the washroom right here." Vincent said with his jaw clenched. I swear it was about to break.

"Gladly." I smiled a fake smile.

"Vincent, lead her there." Leo ordered.

Vincent glared at his father. Leo just smiled. Vincent sighed and motioned with his head to follow him. He didn't need to lead me there. I knew where it was. I remembered from the map I used when I was going to raid his home. He showed me the washroom and began going wherever he was going.

"I've only agreed to stay civil for my brother. Don't let it get to your head." I said before he was out of earshot. He was acting as if he was the only one being forced to work together.

He stopped walking, "I'm only doing this for Sarah. Just so you know, once this truce is over I'll have your head on a plate."

"Mhm, you've been saying that for years" I replied smugly. It was true. All he gave was empty threats.

He was about to turn around. He stilled for a second before frustratedly sighing, and walking off. I shut the door to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was no longer nicely done. I quickly ran my fingers through it making it look a little better than it did.

My mascara was smudged lightly around my eyes, and my lipstick could barely even be noticed through the blood covering it. The blood went down to my neck and under my dress into my chest. I turned on the sink and washed the blood off my neck and chest.

I washed my face next, making the mascara go all over my eyes. I wiped it off with the towel sitting neatly folded near the sink. Everything was washed off. I had a bare face. Still hot. My hair covered the cut at the back of my neck, so I left it as it was.

I walked out and back to where my father and Leo were standing. Leo nodded his head at me, and held out his hand for me to shake. I looked over to my father, he nodded in approval. With hesitation, I did.

"We will be working together for a while, the least we can do is be nice to each other." Leo said.

I didn't say anything. I simply nodded my head and dropped his hand. I noticed how much Vincent looked like him. They had the same nose, lips and eyebrows. Leo's eyes were brown though. Vincent got his eyes from his mother.

I noticed I didn't see her around. "Where is Mrs. Laurent?" I asked, looking around.

Leo stiffened for a second and pain flashed through his eyes. He opened his mouth to speak for a second when another voice spoke.

"You're here for business. Quit asking questions."

I turned around to see the devil himself standing at the top of the stairs. He changed into black sweatpants and a black tight fitted shirt. I could see his abs from all the way down here.

"I apologize on behalf of my daughter. Let's start this meeting." Father said. It was clear he hated being in their house. I did too.

"Don't apologize. It was just a simple question. Let's go to my office, yeah?" Leo laughed it off.

I nodded and followed him as he strolled to his office. The inside looked like my fathers office. A wall of files, one couch and a desk filled with papers. Everything was black. Behind the desk, there was a picture of a woman. She was beautiful. Her jawline was sharp, cheekbones were high, lips plump and grey eyes. Grey eyes. This was Mrs. Laurent.

My father and I sat down on the couch and Leo and Vincent each brought a chair to sit in front of us. I noticed Vincent's eyes glued to the picture until Leo spoke.

"I don't think I have to explain why we're all here do I?"

"No, but I think we need to explain to these two idiots what a truce means" My father said.

"I know what a truce means father. "I said, straightening my dress.

"The little brawl you two had would say different" Leo said, his eyes switching between Vincent and I.

"She started it." Vincent muttered.

"I did, the only thing I regret is stabbing his thigh instead of his heart. " I said, checking my nails. It was true. I should've killed him right then and there, now I have to wait.

"Oriya, enough." Father grumbled. I sighed.

"Can't wait for this truce to be over." I whispered.

"Feelings mutual." Vincent agreed. His father let out a disappointed sigh.

"Okay enough. For the time being you two are nice to each other. That means no fighting. Verbally and physically." He said, pointing a finger at us.

Now it was my turn to speak. "I don't see why we must work together. Why don't we just call a truce and lay off each other for now? "

"If we work together, the faster we'll get answers. Both my team and your team have tried to find this guy but they couldn't. Besides, this person clearly can't kill us on their own. If we work together, they might even back off." Leo said.

He was right. This person wasn't strong enough to kill us both or he would have done it by now. He was only capable of killing one.

"Well alright then. It's settled. We will go by eachother houses with weekly updates." I agreed as I stood up. Vincent was already halfway to the door by the time I looked up.

"Erm yeah," Leo said, scratching the back of his neck "We will be staying together, in a safe house."

Oh no. No fucking way. I looked at my father, silently praying Leo was lying. He didn't look at me, meaning it was true.

"Fuck no!" Vincent and I shout at the same time.

"Oh look, they agree on something!" A boy with blonde hair said as he walked in. Another boy with brown curls followed shortly. They were both tall, not taller than Vincent but still tall.

"Father, tell me this bitch is lying." I said, pleading.

"Talk about him like that you fucking whore, I dare you." Vincent snarled and he took a step forward. I wasn't one to back out a fight. Especially not one with this fucker.

I took a step forward as well. "Like what? Call him a bitch?" I asked innocently, tilting my head.

That's all it took to set him off. He lunged forward, punching me in the face. He definitely broke my nose. My vision went blurry for a second before I picked up the chair beside me and slammed it into his left side.

From the corner of my eye, I saw the two boys scrunch their faces together and take a step backwards.

He stumbled a little to his right before regaining his balance.

"Oh my god here they go again." Leo sighed as he took a seat on the couch, clearly tired of our bullshit.

I lunged forward, ready to rip his head off. We wrestled on the floor, I straddled him and punched him straight in the face, breaking his nose like he did me. I was about to punch him again before someone grabbed my waist and pulled me off of Vincent.

I turned around, it was the boy with blonde hair. He had a strong grip on my waist.

"Knock it off! Right now!" My father called out.

"Shut the fuck up!" Vincent said, standing up.

"Say that again asshole!" I yelled, as I tried to get out of the boy's grip. My entire body was hurting from all the punches while we were wrestling on the floor.

Vincent was coming towards me, until the other boy pulled him back.

"Enough. This ends now. Oriya once we arrive at the safe house, you will show him and his friends around. Understood?" My father said seriously.

"I don't see why we need his friends but if they do come, Kena and Sienna will be there too."

"That's fine, we have enough rooms." My father agreed.

The boy's hands were still around my waist. I pulled my elbow forward and elbowed him right in the face, making him release me as blood gushed out his nose. I glared at Vincent one last time before I walked out the room once again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

294K 7.9K 42
She's troublesome. He lives for trouble. Both embedded with their own secrets and lies. A girl who's self-destruction leads her to a camp for delinqu...
32K 540 26
𝐓𝐇𝐄 π‚π‹π€ππƒπ„π’π“πˆππ„ π’π„π‘πˆπ„π’: 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 πŽππ„ βπ“π‘πžπ²'𝐫𝐞 𝐀𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧. 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 οΏ½...
441K 8.4K 54
Raven Rodriguez has grown up a normal life with the future of the mafia looming over her back. A new guy moves to her school and seems to make it hi...
240K 3.7K 42
Book 1 of the [His Everything] series. AmΓ©lie Levine Beaumont is the - first female - heir to the French Mafia (the second largest and most powerful...