HIWAGA | tk | ✓

By rhodori

- in which jungkook abducts the mysterious omega prince of baekje, but things does not go as planned. top!jun... More

Prologue
1. the truth
2. dare scream?
3. finally free
4. you're mean
5. lots to unravel
6. save him
7. change of plans
8. what now?
9. cuddles n smiles
10. a bad start
11. colorless
12. job hunt?
13. not so shy
14. challenge
15. wont forget
16. home
17. young love
18. blooming
19. first kiss
20. obstacles
21. take it slow
22. the newcomers
23. confessions
24. naive?
25. his first
26. a duel
28. lost love
29. to nothing
30. abyss
31. crimson red
32. prisoners
33. good greed
34. to love
35. new dreams
36. solutions
37. the revival
38. surprises
39. an eternity
40. mates
41. weak for u
42. reunited
43. happy months
44. reward
45. parenthood
Epilogue

27. drift apart

12.4K 851 250
By rhodori

a foreboding,

as absurd as it is, taehyung feels like something is about to go wrong soon.

its like an insistent itch, a constant worry within him that taehyung cant seem to ignore.

he feels like even the nature is trying to warn him,

through the gentle whisperings of young leaves in the breeze, through the gloomy cloudiness that pertains, by the lightning that paints the sky sharp at the nights,

it all muddles taehyung.

even as discreetly as taehyung tried to make a small nest on jungkooks bed, the alpha does notices it,

"you know, you can talk to me about anything" the alpha said seeing the restlessness in the omega.

"its nothing, alpha. just a headache" the omega lies over a smile as he burries himself in the nest. thats his usual answer to anyone who worries over him these days.

and hanjae is annoying as always- asking taehyung to run away with him, irritating taehyung as ever.

at one time taehyung considered talking about hanjae to jungkook, but deemed it not right because the last thing he wants is to be the cause of a quarrel in this peaceful village.

and on one of the nights his heart felt too heavy, taehyung had asked to jungkook over teary eyes to make love with him- to love him and make him forget.

he could see the concern in jungkooks eyes, nevertheless the alpha didn't jab on it- instead held taehyung like he is the most precious thing in the world and loved him.

by the next morning, it was lightly drizzling on the village grounds- taehyung, seokjin and hana trekking down to stock up some herbs and fruits before the heavy rain hits.

considering seokjin couldn't move around much or bend with his bump, the omega pointed out all the right herbs while taehyung and sana ran around and plucked it.

while taehyung was plucking some rosemary a bit far on one of the rocky areas, he felt that scent again that made him wriggle his nose.

"taehyung, i need to talk to you" it was hanjae, the alpha looming behind him insistent.

"i'm not interested in hearing anything from you" taehyung didn't hide the anger in his voice and hanjae's eyes visibly twitched.

"its important-- will only take a minute" hanjae had said through gritted teeth.

taehyung narrowed his eyes, atlast placing his basket down, deciding to hear whatever it is, so the alpha will be off his hair.

hanjae walked towards the side of the clearing from where he can see the village grounds- taehyung just peaking to see seokjin and hana still plucking herbs by the cliff.

"what is it?" taehyung asked annoyed, for he can see the clouds getting darker and he had a job to do before it starts raining.

"you're coming with me to ulsan-" hanjae nearly growled out.

"i'm not having this talk with you again" taehyung stomped, seriously annoyed, about to turn around and leave.

"either you come with me-- or you'll be the reason for the death of that pregnant omega--- and all the people in this village, including jungkook" hanjae's voice was a triumph laugh and taehyung stopped in his tracks.

"w-what are you--?" taehyung had confusion all over his face.

hanjae inclined his head towards the cliff and taehyung followed his vision to see seokjin placing the herbs into the basket. but hana, she was looking right at them- none of that sweet girl he knows on her posture.

"hana can just push that omega off the cliff-- we could just say its an accident" hanjae had fake pity on his voice and taehyungs eyes widened.

"Dont! --why are you--" taehyungs heart was beating frantic, trying to make sense of it all.

"how about on my way to ulsan i stop by baekje? and tell the king about the little village over here" the alphas face was sinister and taehyung wanted to puke just from the words.

"please dont do this--"

"you just have to be mine, taehyung and everyone will be alive." hanjae advanced towards the omega and taehyung shook his head.

"is it jungkook you're worried about hmm? if you cared for him you'll come with me- instead of killing his family all over again" hanjae knew he won, when he saw the unsettling in taehyungs eyes.

"are you going to be selfish again, taehyung? are you gonna kill all this people? you know that the kings guards will find this village if you stay here?",

"-- or i could just signal hana and that pregnant omega would be gone-"

"No! dont hurt seokjin hyung p-please" taehyung pleaded.

the nature around them darkened, there was rumbling of thunder and a heaviness in his heart.

"i can show you the whole world. just be with me, taehyung--",

"i already told the village i'm leaving. you just have to tell them you want to be with me, instead of being stuck here." the alpha had a hand so gentle on taehyungs cheeks and the omega looked up.

he cant possibly imagine the people who offered him a home be slaughtered by his own father. he cant bear to see these innocent people die just because he want to have a good life.

oh how did things came to this?

taehyung was just starting to have a life.

"i can't be selfish. i cant be the reason for the death of all this people. i was destined to just suffer anyway" taehyungs mind chanted, as tears rolled down his welled up eyes.

"--ok" it fell from taehyungs lips.

"i knew you'd agree." hanjae smiled satisfactorily.

"lets tell everyone-" the alpha was smug, "--and dont try anything, if that pregnant omega should live" hanjae's voice darkened and taehyung shivered.

taehyung felt numb to the bone, like his heart has gone ice cold, so is the warm blood the flow inside him- there was just a pounding within- taehyung realized he is going to lose everything he loved just like that.

maybe taehyung knew this day would come, that no happiness is ever permanent for him.

"its for jungkooks own good.

its for the alpha who showed him what love is.

just a small sacrifice-"

taehyung told himself.

as hanjae went around asking everyone to come around, taehyung just stood there frozen, and for the first time he was scared to see jungkooks form walking towards him.

"everything alright, cherry?" the alpha had asked, but a hand foreign on his waist, one that belonged to hanjae pulled the omega back.

a warning growl emitted from jungkook to see another alphas hand on his omega and he sauntered forward to grab him,

"stop it, jungkook" it was taehyungs voice and the alpha stopped in his tracks, looking bewilderingly at taehyung.

"i'm leaving with hanjae" everything felt mechanical as it fell from taehyungs lips.

"w-what?" jungkook had disbelief all over his face.

"you heard him jeon. taehyung no longer wants to live here. he wants to explore the world with me" nothing could wipe away the smugness on his voice.

a series of gasps and angered talks went about.

"what are you even saying, tae?" it was jimins concerned face from the crowd.

"i dont belong here. i- i want to- be with hanjae" it felt true to say that taehyung doesn't belong there. all taehyung brought was discomfort to this place anyway.

"what about us, cherry?" it was jungkooks broken voice.

"it wont work between us" taehyung replied with an equally strained voice, eyes never daring to meet jungkooks.

"w-was that all fake? all our talk? a-all the promises--" jungkooks voice quivered and taehyung drooped his head in shame.

taehyung had closed his eyes and ears to whatever that had happened next.

there was jungkooks souring scent and an agonizing growl,
"t-they all leave. everyone leaves me--" the alphas hollow voice repeated, over the voices of people who tried to soothe him.
then he shifted over a thunder up above and ran away from all the eyes into the deep forest.

when taehyung opened his eyes, he was met with eyes analyzing him with disgust- even the ones who looked at him with kindness like the faces of namjoon, hoseok, yoongi, jimin-- they all had anger, disappointment and hatred this time.

hanjae steered taehyung through the crowd towards the omegas den,

"a whore, cheater-- shouldn't have helped him then" the words from crowd didn't hurt him any beyond jungkooks painful howls.

with shaking hands, taehyung packed things that were left there and when they came outside, hana was already ready to leave, her eyes somehow holding sympathy.

"why tae?" he heard seokjins teary voice from the crowd but taehyung didn't look back.

and before taehyung knew, the three of them had left the village grounds, no longer a part of it.

□□□

among the forest that surrounded him, the black wolf had tears rolling down his red eyes.

it had a broken heart- one that was once mended but shredded back to nothing again.

it had lost his family once, now also the one person who promised him a lot.

he felt like a fool,

for hoping and dreaming for more,

for wishfully thinking that he could build a family with the omega prince he once rescued.

even when hanjae had told him multiple times that his omega is cheating on him, jungkook didn't believe it.

even when taehyung suddenly became distant and gloomy, jungkook still didn't question it.

oh how he was proved wrong.

maybe he wasn't a good enough alpha,

maybe taehyung deserves better.

even now jungkook hopes taehyung will get a happy life,

even when jungkook gazes at the numerous pearls that fell from his torn up pocket meant for his last courting gift, jungkook hopes that,

taehyung would live somewhere happily.

little did the alpha know that taehyung left leaving all his happiness behind.

□□□

a/n: i know you guys wanna punch your author.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.1K 4.7K 46
Jungkook is in the middle of running away from his pack. Will he make it out alive or will he be caught and tortured until death does it's part? Top:...
4.7K 298 2
The one where Alpha King Jeon Jungkook becomes enchanted by the beauty of the Omega Prince Kim Taehyung whose marriage proposal he had turned down ju...
3.1K 420 10
When an anonymous threat transcends upon their kingdom and his son, Omega Jeon jungkook's father decides for his son to get married to his other half...