Not Too Shabby (RalphxReader)

By Bluegarnet123

*COMPLETED* For decades, Ralph has played as the bad guy in his arcade video game and he's getting tired. Bu... More

Bad-Anon
30th Anniversary
Cake And Medals
Going Turbo
A Missing Colleague
Sugar Rush
PostPoned Race
Threats And Deals
A Back Story
Making A Go-Cart
Cart Chase
Shut Up And Drive
Not So Happy Memories
Realization
Forgive Me?
A Race Commenced
A Secret Revealed
Relished Victory
Not So Bad After All

Broken Dreams

6.6K 194 90
By Bluegarnet123

~The Lord kept his word and did for Sarah exactly what he promised. ~ Genesis 21:1

Double upload!! Yeaaahhhh!!

3rd P.O.V:
____________

"Hurry hurry, let's go, time's a wastin', c'mon Ralph! Move your butt, (Y/N)!" Vanellope ran out of the mountains grid as the two adults walked out, Ralph pushing her cart as (Y/N) pushed hers.

"We're coming, V." She giggled, shaking her head as her sister glitched form paced to plane in excitement.

"This is it, this is really happening I almost don't believe it. Can you believe this, (N/N)?!" Vanellope squealed as she finished her mumbling. "I mean, we have dreamt about it for so long and now... and now... now I think I'm gonna puke actually, I think I might puke."

She clutched at her stomach before waving a hand in their direction. "You know, like a 'vurp'!"

"A what?" Ralph chuckled as (Y/N) filed the stand on her motor bike, titling her head. "Vurp?"

"Vomit and a burp together. And you can taste it. And it's just like rising up." She does hand motions to emphasize her point before jumping up and running around (Y/N) in circles. "Oh this is so exciting!"

"Yes, it is, it's exciting!" Ralph shouted, striking a pose as (Y/N) nodded happily.

"I mean am I ready to be a real racer?" Vanellope uttered, catching her sisters attention as she frowned. "Ralph, (Y/N), what if the gamers don't like us?

"Who doesn't love brats with dirty hair?"

Vanellope slumped over as (Y/N) him a look, "Ralph, really?"

"C'mon," Ralph spoke softly, kneeling in front of Vanellope, "those people are gonna love you. You know why? Cause you're a winner."

"I'm a winner." Vanellope whispered, determined.

(Y/N) decided to join in, placing a hand on her shoulder. "And you're adorable!"

"I'm adorable!" Vanellope screamed out, making her laugh as Ralph grinned.

"And everyone loves an adorable winner!"

Vanellope spun around with a fist in the air. "Yeah!"

"Okay, c'mon," Ralph waves her onto the cart as he sat on the end. "Listen to me, if either of you get nervous just keep telling yourself 'I must win Ralph's medal, or his life will be ruined'."

Vanellope thought about his words as (Y/N) scoffed, slapping his arm as she walked to her motor bike. Ralph chuckled again. "And have fun!, got it?"

Vanellope nodded. "Got it!" She then started the cart and drove ahead of (Y/N). "Hey!" She quickly drove after them and managed to drive next to them before Vanellope gasped. "Oh wait!"

She hit the brakes and the cart screeched, (Y/N) skidded her motor bike in front of them, taking her helmet off as Vanellope jumped out and starting running towards the mountain. "Vanellope! Where you going?"

"I forgot something, I'll be right back!" Vanellope called behind her shoulder before disappearing within the grid.

"Kids." Ralph shook his head fondly at the girl.

"Hey, I never got to thank you." (Y/N) places her helmet on the seat, earning a confused him from Wreck-it as she sighed. "For helping us, I mean. Helping Vanellope."

Ralph coughed, crossing his arms as he shifted his feet. "Ah, don't worry about it. It was nothing—!"

"But it's everything to us." (Y/N) cut him off, surprising Ralph as she walked forward and pulled him into a hug. "It's been a good while since I seen Vanellope smile this much, and I thank you for that."

"O-oh, w-well—!" Ralph immediately stopped trying to speak when he felt something soft on his cheek, stuttering even more when (Y/N) pulled away and giggled at his flustered state.

She rubbed the back of her neck, her cheeks colored in a soft pink hue as she turned to the mountain. "I-I'm gonna go see what Vanellope is doing, she can take awhile to find something when she's this excited. That and, I want to grab my scarf!"

"Uh, y-yeah." Ralph nodded nervously as she giggled again, he gasped when she almost tripped and chuckling when she stiffly fixed her posture. "I'm okay!"

With that, she quickly ran into the mountain, leaving Ralph to his love struck thoughts as he chuckled for what seemed like the millionth time. It made him calm down slightly knowing she was just as nervous as he was.

He snapped out of it when he heard honking, turning around to see King Candy take off his goggles. "Ralph! There you are, hello!"

"You?!" Ralph eyes were wide with anger as he clenched his fists.

Not noticing his foul mood, King Candy smiles as he raised his hands above his head. "I come alone, unarmed—AH—!"

He narrowly dodged a flying gumdrop and yelping when he saw Ralph stalking towards him. "I've had enough of you, pillow pants!"

"Calm down, don't please!" The small man took refuge behind a bigger gumdrop, shuddering and whimpering every time Ralph got in his way.

Having enough of his game, Ralph threw the gumdrop over his head, yelling; " I'm gonna beat the filling out of you!"

With shaking legs, King Candy shoved a pair of glasses on his face, smiling nervously. "You wouldn't hit a guy with glasses, would you?"

"OW!" Ralph snatch the glasses from his face and hit him with them, shattering the lenses. "You hit a guy 'with' glasses, that's... eh, well played."

He gasps when Ralph takes his collar and left him up to his face, speaking lowly. "What do you want Candy?"

"L-listen, I just wanna talk to you."

Ralph didn't budge. "I'm not intrested in anything you have to say."

King Candy waved his arms as best her could. "How about this?" He slowly pulled out Ralph's medal, "Are you interested... in this?"

Shocked, Ralph dropped him, his eyes wide. "My medal... how did you—?!"

"It doesn't matter!" He interrupted, holding the medal out as he laughed. "It's yours! Go ahead, take it!"

"Whoa." Ralph gave a small smile as the medal shined in his hand. Turning his head suspiciously as King Candy sighed. "All I ask is that you hear me out."

"About what?"

"Ralph, do you know what the hardest part about being a king is?" He fixed his suit before pointing at Wreck-it. "Doing what's right! No matter what."

"Get to the point." Ralph gritted out.

King Candy linked his hand together in a praying motion. "Point being, I need your help. Sad as it is, Vanellope and (Y/N) cannot be allowed to race."

Ralph groaned, even more angrier than before. "Why are you people so against them?!"

"I'm not against them! I'm trying to protect them!" King Candy shook his head desperately. "If Vanellope or (Y/N) win that race..."

. . . . .

"They'll be added to the race roster." The games board in the real world lined up all of the racers, two teenagers picking Vanellope and (Y/N) as their avatars. "Then gamers can choose them as their avatar."

Side by side, the teenagers pushed the pedals to choose them, making Vanellope shout in glee and (Y/N) give a peace sign with a closed-eye smile.

. . . . .

"And when they see them glitching and twitching and just being themselves..." The teenagers started to complain at how much the two sisters kept jumping from one placed to another, stopping their race as one of them called Mr. Litwak. "They'll think our game is broken."

. . . . .

"We'll be put ourt of order for good." Mr. Litwak pulled Sugar rushes game plug out of the outlet, all of the games characters screaming as they tried to get out and into game station. "All my subjects will be homeless."

. . . . .

"But there's two who cannot escape because their glitches."

"Help! Somebody help us!" From the games entrance, Vanellope hit the barrier wildly as (Y/N) gasped at the state of their home.

She pulled Vanellope closer to her as they held on to each other, neither letting up their tight grips as the Sugar Rush pixelated and disappeared, their screams silencing.

"When the game's plug is pulled..."

. . . . .

"They'll die with it." King Candy finishes sadly, looking at Ralph with upsetting eyes.

"You don't know that will happen." Ralph frowned, "The gamers could love her."

"And if they don't?" The short man said softly, his face dropping more at Ralph's defeated stature as he sat down on a small gumdrop. "I know it's tough, but heroes have to make the tough choices, don't they?"

King Candy patted Ralph's hand in sympathy. "They can't race, Ralph but, they won't listen to me. So, can I count on you to talk a little sense into them?"

Ralph sighs under his breath, not saying a word as he managed to nod once.

"Very good." King Candy whispered, backing away to his cart. "I'll give you three some time alone."

Ralph didn't move from his spot until he knew King Candy left. Standing up, he walked towards the girls' vehicles, gently holding the medal in his hand as he gazed at the names written on them.

"We're back!"

Breathing in, Ralph's tucked the medal in his shirt before turning around with a fake smile as Vanellope laughed. "Did you miss us?"

"It took forever to find it," (Y/N) jogged over, shaking her head in disapproval. "You really need to clean your room."

"I will, I will!" Vanellope huffed, holding her gift behind her back as (Y/N) with her scarf.

"Yeah... uh... Hey, can we talk for a second?"

"Wait!" Vanellope stopped him as (Y/N) shook her head. "first kneel down."

Roach shook his hands and head in denial. "What? no no. w-we really—"

Vanellope deadpanned at him. "Can you just do it?"

He sighed, looking at (Y/N) as she nodded with a smile. He then nodded and kneeled. "Okay."

"Now, close your eyes." (Y/N) said in a sing-song voice as Vanellope batted her eyelashes, making her sister snort.

"(Y/N)..."

"Shush! She said close 'em!" Vanellope yelled, giving the man a warning look as he rolled his eyes and closed them. "Okay, open them up."

Feeling something hand around his neck, Ralph picked up the heart shaped cookie and read it. "To Stinkbrain.Gee, thanks."

Laughing softly at his sarcasm, (Y/N) held up a finger and spun it in a twirling motion. "Turn it over, Big Red."

He did so, turning it over and reading the cursive writing in his head, the words "You're Our Hero" seeming to mock him for what he's about to do, making Ralph feel worse.

"I made it for you." Vanellope shyly looks at her feet. (Y/N) nodded as she secured her scarf around her neck. "This is just in case we don't win."

Vanellope scoffed, titling her head up at her sister. "Not that I think there's even a remote chance we're not gonna win."

Ralph looked to the side, making (Y/N) furrowed her eyebrows. "Thanks, kid... Um, listen—"

"Now rise, my royal chump." Vanellope dragged out the 'rise' as she skipped to her cart. "I've got a date with destiny! Ralph, c'mon move your molases!"

They climbed onto their respective vehicles, (Y/N) frowning at Ralph's strange behavior as she settled on the motor bike.

"Ah, I've been thinking."

"That's dangerous." Vanellope laughed as she messed with a couple buttons. (Y/N) expressed concern, hidden suspicion in her eyes. "Are you okay, Ralph?"

"I mean," Ralph shrugged his shoulders, "Who cares about this stupid race anyway? Right?"

"That's not very funny, Ralph." Vanellope scolded as (Y/N) stood up from her seat, a defensive look on her face as she tense her body.

"No, I'm serious and..ah.. It was really fun to build the car and the bike, and everything but, maybe... maybe, you shouldn't do it." Ralph need with a defeated sigh as (Y/N) moved to stand next to Vanellope.

The small girl stood from her seat and leaned on the tail of her cart, a teasing smile on her face. "Uh, Hello? Is Ralph in there? We'd like to speak to him please."

"Look what I'm saying is, you can't be a racer." Ralph snapped softly, his eyes showing regret as the sisters gasped.

"What? Why would you..." Vanellope looked close to tears, glitching as (Y/N) spotted something shunned in Ralph's shirt.

"Wait a minute—!" She yanked it out of his shirt and turned away from him as Vanellope gawked at it. "No!" Ignoring his plea, she glared at him as Vanellope held the medal. "Where did you get this, Ralph?"

He sighed, staring at them in the eyes. "Look, I'm gonna be straight with you , I've been talking to King Candy—"

"King Candy?" Vanellope spoke in shock, gripping the medal tightly as Ralph nodded.

"Yeah."

"You sold us out?" Her voice crack a little as she moved closer to (Y/N), the older girl not stopping her glaring.

Ralph shook his head vigorously. "No! I didn't... Listen, you don't understand. (Y/N), please stop glaring at me—"

"No, We understand plenty. Traitor!" Vanellope was now glaring when she threw the medal at his face.

"Ralph flinched. I'm not a traitor, listen."

"You're a rat!" She screamed, sniffling as they both glitched and started moving to their vehicles. "And we don't need you!"

"We be able to win the race on our own." (Y/N) struggled to keep her tears in as Ralph panicked.

"I'm trying to save your skin, (Y/N)!" He grabbed her by her waist and throwing her over his shoulder, making her yelp as he grabbed the back of Vanellope's hoodie. "aH! Ralph, If YoU dOn'T put me DOWN!"

Like her sister, she immediately started fighting as they both glitched. "Put mE down, let me Go!"

He did put them down, blocking their way as they tried to get passed him. "No, you listen to me, you know whats gonna happen when the players see you glitching?They're gonna think the game's broken!"

Vanellope jumped over his shoulder as (Y/N) ran under his arm, dropping her scarf in the process. "I don't cArE, you're a lIaR!"

Ralph held Vanellope under his arm as he held (Y/N)'s waist tightly, struggling to keep them still. "No, you better care because if your game goes out of order you go down with the ship, little sister!"

"UGH!" (Y/N) pushed herself out of his hold and snatched Vanellope before putting her down, the young girls face red in anger as she covered her ears. "I'm not listening to you!"

"Get out of our way!" (Y/N) breathed heavily as she glitched horribly. "We're going to that race!"

"No, you're not!" Ralph grabbed (Y/N)'s waist again, taking her scarf and Vanellope's hoodie in his hands as he stumbled over to a tree, hanging Vanellope by her hoodie and tying (Y/N) tightly to it with her scarf.

"What are you DoInG?!" She screeched as she wiggled harshly against her scarf and seeming to glitch with it. Hot tears ran down her face as Vanellope struggled to get down. "Take me down from here, Ralph, right now!"

Ralph shook his head, not wanting to look at (Y/N) face of despair as he pointed at the nine year old. "No! I'm doing this for your own good!"

Those words made the two sisters stop, their eyes wide as he stood above the cart and bike they worked hard on. (Y/N) shook her slowly in realization as she started to move again. "Ralph! Don't you DARE!"

"Wait, wait wait." Vanellope gasped in horror as Ralph looked at his hands. "No... no, no, no, no—!"

The sound of smashing and crunching only their pleas louder. As much as he wanted to, Ralph didn't stop destroying what they cared about.

Sobbing, (Y/N) started to lose feeling as she struggled again her scarf, hearing the thread break as she grew numb, screaming for him to stop. "Please, Ralph! Stop it! Just STOP!"

Vanellope wasn't doing any better, blubbering as her throat started to hurt. "No!! Ralph, stop it! STOP IT! No!"

With a aching heart, Ralph finally stood back, he couldn't stop looking at the mess of broken dreams as Vanellope glitched down from the branch as (Y/N) broke the scarf in half, not caring for it at the moment as she tried to breath.

With teary eyes, Vanellope whimpered out to Ralph. "You really are a bad guy."

Ralph didn't turn his head as he looked at her, watching as she ran towards the mountain. He then looked at (Y/N) and was filled dread and guilt as he looked into her sorrowful and betrayed eyes.

Looking away, (Y/N) stood up and hugged herself tightly as she whispered, squeezing her burning eyes tight. "I... have no words to say to you."

Ralph flinched at her empty voice, staring at her retreating back as she walked away, keeping her head down as she vanished behind the grid.

Ralph sighed, cursing himself in his head as he now stared at the broken scarf. Turning away, he walked towards the mess, not acknowledging it as he picked up his medal and walked away.

He tried his best to ignore the pounding hole in his chest.

_____________
Note: when I tell you I almost cried writing this—

________
End Note: IF THERE IS ANY MISSPELLINGS OR MISSING WORDS LET ME KNOW ❤️❤️❤️
Word count: 2911

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 199 7
When Ralph goes Hero's Duty and abandons Fix-It Felix Jr, it gets put out of order. Felix and Calhoun head to Sugar Rush to find Ralph, along with t...
17.7K 398 20
The classic 8-bit game, Fix-It Felix Jr., isn't as popular and retro as it used to be. The gamers haven't played it in months. The amount of quarters...
87.3K 1.7K 17
I know he got married to sergeant calhoun But STILL! This is my first ever story Official X READER besides one shots! *Wreck it Ralph isn't mine* ...
3K 89 15
Fix-It-Siblings is a well known arcade game in Litwak's Family Fun Center Arcade. It's roughly thirty years old and is one of the oldest games in the...