Beneath The Shadows (BXB)

By Ashe_frost

Liam Claremont studies at day and works in a bar at night, to help his single mother sustain their family. As... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Hiatus
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Proof of Life
Proof of life (2)
Chapter 67

Chapter 49

22.6K 1K 547
By Ashe_frost

Liam's POV

Dad picked Hannah up in our room when my clothes were brought in, and they also needed to get ready because guests began to arrive.

I looked at the garment bag and saw that there was a note stuck to it.

That's my present for you so wear it. It'll look good on you.

I promise it's not anything kinky.

-Nat

I smiled at the note written before unzipping the bag, and I gasped in surprise and covered my mouth with a hand as I looked at the clothes laying in the bed front of me.

The tuxedo jacket was a dark shade of red, almost like burgundy or maroon. The dress shirt was black, and the studs and cufflinks were also plated in the same color.

The peak lapel had black silk facings, and the bow tie was the shade of night.

The trousers matched the color of the jacket, it was a dark shade of red, and so was the low cut vest.

It was a slim fit tuxedo and the texture of the fabric was to die for. I saw another note stuck on the back and I smiled again while reading it.

It's your birthday. It's only natural you wear something different.

Red's a good look on you, sweetheart.

I picked out my black leather shoes to compliment my clothes, and grabbed a silver watch with a nice design.

Ryder was already downstairs, greeting the guests and talking with various personnel who holds power in the vampire world.

I decided to get ready since there was less than an hour left, and I inhaled a deep breath to calm my nerves.

After wearing the tuxedo, with my hair done, and my skin looking flawless, I almost didn't recognize the person looking at me from the mirror.

"Damn."

I whipped my head to the voice that came from behind me, and my breath caught when I saw Ryder in his all black suit that clung to his body so perfectly.

He looked so clean, neat, handsome, and a total eye candy. It made his amber eyes stand out more and with his hair combed back, he looked powerful, like a man ready to dominate.

It made me shiver and exhale a breath that I didn't know I was holding.

"Woah." I breathed out when I managed to stop myself from ogling him.

"I could say the same." He slowly came towards me and every step he took was filled with grace and purpose.

I felt myself flush under his gaze as he walked in a small circle around me, while inspecting me from head to toe.

"You look..."

He trailed off and met my eyes. It burned with desire, hunger, awe, and...love.

"You look perfect, Liam." I was captured in his gaze as he stroked my cheek with his thumb.

"Absolutely perfect." He whispered before taking my lips in a hungry kiss. I kissed him back with the same force and moved my head against him to deepen our kiss.

Our tongues tasted each other, and I opened my mouth for him to explore. I moaned at the mixture of his taste and his scent which made me dizzy with pleasure.

"As much as I want be inside of you, you have a party waiting." He kissed me one last time before letting me go.

"Yeah." I nodded and licked my lips, feeling how bruised and red it must be right now.

"Liam?" I heard Mom's voice from the main door, and I sprayed my cologne before taking Ryder's hand and going to her.

"Mom." I greeted with a smile and her eyes watered when she saw me dressed in my attire.

"Eli..." She wasn't able to finish her sentence and immediately engulfed me with a hug.

"Don't cry, Mom." I told her and laughed a little. She was wearing a beautiful white dress which gave her a more youthful appearance and her hair hang loosely on one side of her shoulders.

"You look really beautiful." I complimented and she fanned her face to stop the tears from falling.

"I'm going to leave you two. I'll be waiting downstairs." Ryder kissed the side of my head and went on his way.

"Come on, Raegan's waiting to introduce you." Mom took me towards the throne room and I saw Dad and Hannah on the way there.

Dad was wearing a black tuxedo with a white dress shirt and a patterned bow tie, while Hannah was wearing a gold princess dress which she loved to twirl around in.

When the guards opened the door to the throne room, my mouth parted open.

Raegan was standing in the dais, wearing a tuxedo with a mixture of black and gold colors, making him look like a God with his golden hair and the crown that sat on top of his head.

The intricate pillars in the throne room had vines and my favorite white roses wrapped around it. Black and golden drapes were hung in the floor to ceiling windows, and a red carpet led to the main exit where the guests were in.

Guards were lined up on both sides of the red carpet and they all stood proudly, facing each other.

"Happy Birthday, Liam." I stepped up the dais and gave Raegan a tight hug.

"You look so awesome!" I gave him 2 thumbs up and he barked out a laugh before settling his hand on my head.

"And so do you. Red suits you." I thanked him and looked down at my outfit with a smile.

"Ready?" He asked before pointing his hand to the doors.

I looked at my family and they all smiled at me while shooing me away to the exit. They also went downstairs to join the others, and I rolled my shoulders to the back before nodding my head.

"Let's do this."

We walked together and I held my head high as the guards we passed by placed their fists on their chest.

"Raegan?" I asked him as we stood in front of the main exit doors. I could hear the lively chatter downstairs, and I my nerves were literally all over the place.

"Yes, little one?" He turned to me with raised eyebrows and I gave him a soft smile before placing my head on his chest once again.

"Thank you. For everything." I held him tighter and fought the tears from escaping my eyes. He's the one who gave me all these things, the one who spoiled me with everything I needed, and the one who took care of me and my family.

He stayed quiet for a long while before he put his arms around me.

"No. Thank you, Liam." He murmured and I pulled away to look at him curiously.

"For what?" I tilted my head to the side, and his eyes softened before a small smile broke out from his lips.

"Shall we?" He gestured to the party that was awaiting us outside, and when I agreed, someone opened the door.

The creak of the huge door as it opened was the sign of our arrival, and everyone slowly started to quiet down.

I was hit with the bright light of the huge chandelier hanging on the ceiling, and the number of people who attended my birthday celebration.

They all wore formal attires, and below us was a mixture of black, gray, white, cream, and gold. They matched their clothing in coordination with the theme of the event.

Only I wore red.

Raegan walked forward to the view of the guests and the majority of them kneeled on one knee while some bowed and curtsied.

"Rise."

With a word from their Grand High Master, they stood up.

"Good evening to all. I would like to express my gratitude to all of you for taking the time to attend tonight's gathering." He nodded to the crowd below us and smiled.

"Tonight we celebrate the birth of someone special. Though he is half human, he has the blood of the Vermillion house, my house, running through his veins, making him a Bloodborne." He announced and murmurs began to erupt, but Raegan halted them with a single raise of his hand.

"A leader. A prince." His words fueled the nervousness in my system but it also gave me pride in being worthy of that title. So when Raegan extended his hand, I raised my chin up and faced the crowd.

"I would like to introduce you, to Liam Eli Claremont." I stepped into view and was met with loud applause.

I forced my nerves to calm and gave them all a smile. Raegan told me to meet my guests so I slowly walked down the staircase.

Ryder, my friends, and my family immediately got into view and I breathed out a sigh of relief but didn't let it show.

As I walked down, I saw a champagne tower that wasn't there a while ago, and also the high tables that were set up for the guests.

Ryder offered his hand when I reached the bottom of the stairs, and I gladly took it with a tight grip.

"Your highness." He said with a bow and my eyes widened when all the others followed.

"Damn, Liam. You look fine as hell." Kayne complimented me and I had to say the same for him as well.

He wore a matte gold tuxedo jacket and vest, with a white dress shirt, and black lapel and black trousers.

His bow tie was a matte gold with a black outer lining and the studs all over his clothes were black.

"Told you I was right." Natalie winked and I gave her an appreciative look before giving her the "you look good" eye.

She wore a strapless black floor length dress with a slit on the thigh. A beautiful diamond necklace was hanging on her neck, and she did her hair in a half-up ponytail. She had bold earrings and her make up was flawless.

Ryder led me to a number of people who wanted to greet me and introduce themselves. Some of my guests were people who were high up in the hierarchy while some of them were movie actors that I saw on screen.

A man even offered me nuclear support if I wanted to bomb a city.

"Happy Birthday. You look good." Icarus, the High Master of Asia, approached me with a woman who was holding on to his arm. They looked like a perfect couple wearing a white and gold outfit.

"Thank you." I smiled at them and the woman who was named Veronica, gave me a cheek kiss. I was taken aback by the gesture to which they laughed.

"We'll leave you to meet your guests." The bid farewell and soon after, I met the other council members who also greeted me and gave their well wishes.

I felt Ryder's eyes on me all the time, and it was not in a sensual way but rather a guarding one.

Luckily, Raegan spoke again after a while and opened the doors to the ball room.

"Please, enjoy yourselves." He raised his glass and everyone did so too before they proceeded inside.

My eyes bugged out of its sockets and my jaw hit the floor when I saw the preparations done for the ball room.

Black, gold, and white fabrics draped over the ceiling with the huge crystal chandeliers as its centers. Archways and pillar structures were equipped with a warm light while the balconies had a spotlight attached to it's railings.

Chairs with a bouquet of flowers and tables occupied half of the room, but the front center was left empty for the dance floor.

A ten tier cake was placed in front of the ball room and a jazz band was playing music as the guests started to fill in.

"I think I'm going to go crazy." I muttered aloud to which Dad must've heard.

"You're going to get used to it after some time. Being in their world is hard." He told me and placed his arm around my shoulders.

"Enjoy your night, son. This can't get any better." He offered me a smile and we went back to the table that was assigned to us.

Dinner was served by the time everyone settled into their seats, and every dish was so spectacular that I even asked for seconds.

I told myself that the red liquid that the vampires around us were drinking is wine, but I knew better.

A couple of people started to drag their partners to the dance floor, and the band immediately accompanied them with music.

"May I have this dance?" I turned to the side and saw Chris offering his hand. He looked really handsome with his black tuxedo and styled hair.

I hesitated to take his hand because first, I don't know how to dance, and second, we were both guys so I worry about what others outside our circle might think.

"Come on, it's ok if you step on my feet." He offered with a teasing smile and coaxed me to dance with him. I shook my head and smiled before taking his hand.

"I'm going to embarrass myself in front of all these people." I whispered to him and he just gave me a side grin before grabbing my waist and letting me play the part of the woman.

"Just follow the rhythm and my lead. We'll go slow so you don't have to worry." He told me and I looked at him crazy but he was not joking.

I sighed in defeat and did as he told, and he pulled me closer to him while I held onto his shoulder and hand.

"You look really nice, my prince." He looked down at me with a soft gaze and I didn't know what was going on inside his mind but we danced and stayed like that until others wanted to have their turn dancing with me.

He gave me to Kayne who bowed his head offered his hand for me take.

"Don't blame me if I step on your nice shoes." I smiled when he groaned but he held my hand nonetheless while the other snaked around my waist.

"If you step on me, I'll bite you." He joked and whispered it in my ear, making the both of us laugh. Luckily, he guided my steps and we danced in a pace that I was comfortable in.

Next up was Natalie, and I giggled when she took most of the space on the dance floor and twirled around while I just held her hand and let her do as she pleased. The others looked weirdly at us and we just laughed before the other legion members took me for a dance.

I noticed Ryder tracking the council members, and from the corner of my vision, I saw him touch Ulrich's shoulder and looked into his eye.

I frowned when I felt that he didn't find what he was looking for, and he acted like it was nothing before continuing to follow Icarus this time.

He did the same with him, and then I began to feel that he was getting impatient after leaving the High Master of Asia.

He disappeared from my sight all of a sudden and I was about run and find him but he was gone. A hand caught my elbow and when I turned around, Ryder was smiling at me.

"Will you dance with me?" He asked and I breathed out a sigh of relief before taking the hand that he offered.

I didn't know that dancing for long will hurt your feet, so I just hoped I won't accidentally step on Ryder and embarrass myself.

"Put your feet above mine." I was surprised at what he said and I thought I was hearing things so I decided to wait for him to speak again.

"Do it, Liam." He laughed at my reaction and pulled me closer until our chests were touching.

But they look like really expensive shoes...

I bit my lip and carefully placed my feet above his while I held onto his shoulders. The music changed to a slow dance and he moved my hands to hook it around his neck before placing his own on my waist.

"Better." He smiled down at me and kissed my forehead, causing me to blush.

While Ryder and I were dancing, I saw Mom and Dad in the dance floor with us and I smiled at the happiness in both of their faces. Hannah, on the other hand, giggled while Kayne carried her and lifted her up for a dance.

Ryder told me Kayne used to have a younger sister but immortality made him outlive her.

"Are you tired?" He asked with a hint of concern and I shook my head before laying it down his chest.

"I'm fine." I hugged him and tilted my head upwards so I could still see him.

Our gazes locked onto each other and just like that, we were enveloped in our own little world. He caressed my cheek with his hand and I leaned into his touch with a smile.

"Have I ever told you how lucky I am to have you?" He whispered with a voice thick with emotion and I pulled him down to say my answer on his lips.

"You have. And I'm lucky to have you too." I kissed his lips with the lightest pressure and he kissed me back like I'm such a brittle thing that will break if he's not careful.

I pulled away when I suddenly felt a chill down my spine.

"Stay here." I knew that something was wrong when Ryder grabbed my shoulders and looked me in the eye before leaving.

I felt his eyes go to Enora who was occupied with another guest. He cut in on their conversation and I knew that he was scanning her memories.

My eyes widened when anxiousness settled on his chest, and I had a hunch on what he was doing.

A council member might be responsible for the attacks.

I saw Ryder go up to a balcony with insane speed and there, he bowed at Katherine and his eyes scanned her memories when he offered the High Master a glass of champagne.

Other legion members started to glance at each other and something nagged at the back of my mind.

I stepped out the dance floor and moved with urgency to scan the room.

Alisander was missing.

All the council members were accounted for except him. I felt the 1st squad stepping closer to me and when I looked at Ryder's eyes as he went down, I knew we had the same line of thought.

I was about to go and get my family but Mom beat me to it when she got to me first.

"Did you see your father and your sister? I just went to the bathroom and when I came back they were gone." My blood ran cold and my face paled in horror at her words.

No. Please. Not them.

"Ryder." The trembling in my voice reached him before a scream sounded from above us.

I looked up to see one of the legion impale a vampire with a dagger before he turned to ash.

Suddenly, panic erupted around us and everyone hurriedly ran to the exits as fighting broke out.

"Liam! Your sister!" At Mom's cry, I threw my self in the swarm of vampires trying to get out of the room. I left her with Chris who tried to go after me but he knew that if he let anything happen to Mom, I wouldn't forgive him.

My knees trembled with the thought of something happening to my family because of me and tears threatened to fall from my eyes.

"Liam!" Ryder caught me by the wrist but I pried myself away from him to find Dad and Hannah.

"Don't! I won't hide behind you while my family's missing." I screamed in helplessness and his jaw hardened at my response.

"Let's find them." I swallowed and nodded my head as we both scanned the places where they might've been. My heart thundered against my chest when I saw ashes laying on the floor I passed by, and there was nothing more frightening when I saw Ryder kneeling beside a familiar form.

"He's here!" He called out to me as soon as he saw me and I ran as fast as my feet would carry me in order to go to them.

My voice broke when I saw Dad laying on the ground and my knees gave out. I trembled as I covered my mouth with my hands and my face was filled with tears.

"Don't worry, he's alive but unconscious." I sobbed in relief as Ryder gathered me in his arms, and I leaned on his shoulder while he stroked the back of my head.

"H-Hannah! Wh-Where is she?!" I pulled away to look him in the eyes and he just stayed quiet as he stared at me.

"Where is she?!" I lashed out and my voice sounded crazed because of all the emotions trying to tear me on the inside.

He extended his closed fist, and when he opened it, I never knew that a single note could bring me so much dread.

We have your sister.

A/N: It's going to be a rollercoaster ride from here on out. So be ready.❤️ Don't forget to voteee😚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 9.5K 44
Book 1 of the supernatural world series "Hey! Get down you may slip and die!!" . . "Don't worry about me I'm already dead!" _____ An ancient vampire...
410K 1K 4
[ COMPLETED ] 🌟 FEATURED NOVEL ON WATTPAD'S @sport 🌟 ("FREE KICKS" Reading List) 11.3.21 Just two dudes kissing with their socks on. It'...
50.9K 2K 44
*SEQUEL TO ONE HOT SUMMER* ROMANCE **The sudden action of Jasper getting to standing, caused the bench to make a painful scraping sound against the f...
1.1M 48.2K 64
Jamie is happy with life, he has everything under control and every day is the same, just like he wants it. He is a loner by choice, girlfriends and...