âme soeur

By prachiraiii

#arrangemarriage Anika is a simple girl in Delhi. Working in tech company. Love her family the most .Shivaa... More

Character sketch
chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
Chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
Chapter 50
chapter 51
Epilogue
Bonus

chapter 6

1.2K 113 17
By prachiraiii

Soon the announcement made breaking my thoughts. I love this ring it's a simple band with parallel lines engraved looking classy the way I like.
But i can't wear this if anyone got to know in no-one time media will get to know. I want to keep this personal.
I took out ring and keep that safely.

Now i am not anymore bachelor their is someone who is going to be part of  my life.

Now i have more responsibilities. Responsibilities towards her. I have to think about her before going to do anything. My decisions now include her also. She is trusting her whole life on me. And it's my duty to never break her trust.

I look outside the window. Mid night sky covered in the blanket of limitless stars. Peace and calmness all around.

Around 1:30  i reached OM exhausted. I went straight to my room freshen up and change into night wear. After keeping ring safely in cupboard i  laid on bed.

Suddenly i remember her words. She asked me to message her when i reach back. I take my phone and open contact list. She save her number as Anika.

I changed the name and save her name as Mrs. Oberoi. Set one of her pic of engagement where she is laughing looking towards something. It's a random shot.

I open whatsapp and click on her profile picture. It's a family picture.
Their is no caption.

Reached...

I sent the message even  i know she will be sleeping at this hour of night.

I kept my phone on table. It's better to sleep. Tomorrow is also a very hectic day.

Next morning,

Sunrays start penetrating through the window. Making my sleep disturb.I am  feeling like a minute ago  only I slept. But i don't have choice so i get up after doing workout. I get ready. As  i already late so i skip the breakfast.

After completing the meeting i came back to cabin. It's already lunch time.
As i open my phone their are some emails and few messages.

I open whatsapp to find Anika messages.

" You must be tried so take rest. And all the best for your meeting. Good  night "

Automatically smile took over my face.I see the time it's around 2:00 am. I thought she must be sleeping.

"Sorry,  i didn't notice your message till now. Were you any chance waiting for my message last night "

I send the message. To my surprise ticks immediately turned blue.

"Hold on your horses Mr. Oberoi. I was completing office work that's by. My sleep is very precious to me."

I face palmed at her reply. This women never agreed to me. Yesterday also she was staring at me . When i ask she denied on my face only.
She will be giving huge competition to gauri also. She is also like this.  I couldn't handle her now i have two wow.

" But i focus that you bothered to check on me. "

" You can act all cocky and have fun as much as you can. But when my  moment will come then i will see. "

" We will see "

"How was your meeting "

" Good "

"Talk to you later my lunch time is over bye"

" Bye "

Sighing i keep the phone aside after many years i am feeling like this. After dadi she is one who is asking like this. No shivaay this is not time to think about that.

After having lunch I immersed myself in work. After completing the last file. I rest my head on chair. It's a tiring day. I already inform khanna to drive the car as today I don't have energy to drive.

Taking coat and bag i come outside the office where khanna is standing near the car.

It take approx 45 min to reach OM but due to traffic it's taking long than usual. My phone start ringing. I see the name. It's from Anika.

" Hello"

" Hello Shivaay what happened to gauri. Is she is ok."

" Wait what happened to Gauri."

" You are not at home "

" No i am in way to home.What happened to Gauri"

"Oh sorry i thought you were in home that's by i called you as it's pretty late."

"It's fine. But what happened to gauri"

"Actually even i don't know as i am talking to her. Then i heard her scream and call get disconnected. I tried to call her again it's switch off.
I don't have Om number and i don't want to disturb elder's so i called you"

"Khanna can you drive fast " i told khanna.

"I will call you after sometime"

" Yeah just let me know"

I cut the call. I hope Gauri is ohk. I tried to call Om but he is not picking up my call.

In 10 min i reached home.i tell khanna to keep bag in my room.

Nobody is in living room. I heard some voice from pool side. I reached their to find is Ishaan is crying while Om is pacifying him.

"Om what happened why he is crying and where is gauri "

" Thank god you came Shivaay. Actually Gauri fall from stairs "

" What why don't you inform me. Where is she Om"

" Shivaay first listen to me their is no need to be worried. It's just a small fracture in her hand nothing else Manav gave her painkiller she is sleeping now. I am trying to make him sleep but he want gauri that's by he is crying"

" Ishaan come "

I take him in my arms.

" Why are you crying so much Ishaan"

" Maa fal.. toy.. maa.. cry..ing.."

" Heyy  first stop crying. Maa is sleeping. Ishaan will also sleep like a good boy . Ishaan is good boy right."

He nodded his head. I wipe his tears.
Finally he stop crying. Om take him.

" How she fall Om and  how  Manav came here means he  is in Newyork??"

" Shivaay he came yesterday only. He want to surprise you. But you are not here."

" You should have called me Om "

"Manav told us not to inform you. As he is angry when he got to know about your engagement. And he want to see the pictures of your engagement Gauri go in her room to take her phone. When she is coming down stairs. She didn't see Ishaan toy because of that her leg slipped. "

Ohh no i am so dead. I am in trouble now.

" And who told him about engagement."

"In excitement choti maa told him and he is very angry on you "

"  I will talk to him later. Go and make
him sleep."

Om take Ishaan with him. I came back to room. Now i have deal with Manav. He is my best friend. More like my  brother. He is in Newyork for some medical conference. And i forgot to tell him.

I called Anika number. She picked up after 3 rings.

" Hello "

Came her worried voice. 

" Hello "

" What happen to Gauri. Is she fine?"

" She is fine. She fall from stairs. She got small fracture in her hand. "

" Thank god she didn't hurt that much"

"She is fine no need to worry"

Then their is silence between us. She didn't speak anything.

" I will talk to you later. It's already late you should sleep"

" Yeah you had your dinner "

" No just going to have "

" Now it's already past half eleven. This is not time to have dinner. You should take dinner in time."

"I am busy in wrapping up the work"

" Whatever now just have your dinner. Good night "

" Good night "

She disconnect the call.

It feels so good to have someone who care about you. The way she is worried for Gauri show my decision is correct.

After having dinner i came back to room. I tried to call Manav but he is not picking up my phone. As he is sulking like a girl. Now i have to complete two files but i really want to sleep. People always thought that being rich you have luxuries and everything but nobody wants to know the hardwork behind that.

Anyhow I complete the first file. And i laid on bed. Tomorrow first thing i have to do is pacify Manav.

Sighing I sleep.

Next morning, after completing the second file. I get ready and come downstairs. I already told mishra to keep meetings after lunch.

" Good morning everyone"

" Good morning " mom and dad said.

" Where is om and gauri "

" They are coming sit "

Soon the om and gauri join. Ishaan might be sleeping.

" Gauri how was your hand now "

" It's fine bhaiya "

" But from next time walk carefully "

" It's just i was talking to maa I didn't see the toy. And how many times i told him not to throw toys like this but he never listen. He liked anika  bhabhi gift so much he is not ready to leave that. "

To which everyone chuckle. It's his habit if he like something he will play with that only.

"Shivaay today pandit jii is coming we have to fix your marriage date."

" Why  so hurry mom "

" What when you planned to get married after 10 years."

" Mom I am not saying that. But atleast give some time "

" You have life time Shivaay if i start listening to you then i have to wait for 10 years for sure "

" Do whatever you want " i can't win from her.

Gauri and om were giggling.

" Don't you guys laughing too much "

" Don't say anything to them Shivaay" dad said.

After having  breakfast I go life care hospital I have to meet Manav.

" Sir how can I help you "

"  I want to meet Dr. Manav "

" Oh Shivaay sir  Dr. Is in his cabin only "

" Ohk thanks and pls don't tell him that i came "

" Ok sir "

Here most of people know me. As Manav friend so i don't need appointment to meet him.

I knock on his door.

" Come in "

As  I move inside he is busy in reading something. That he didn't bother to see.

" If you done with your ignore game we can talk "

He looked at me. He narrow his eyebrows.

" Who allow you to came here "

" Now only you allow and you forget so easily"

" I think you forgot about everything. And as you see i am busy right now so you can go "

He is such a good actor. Always their to irritate and annoy me.

" I know how much you are busy so better not try "

I go and sit opposite to him.

" I said you to sit "

" You don't say no also "

" Manav listen to me first it's all happened suddenly. And i didn't get time to inform you."

" This all were excuses you know Shivaay. You didn't care to inform me"

" No these are not excuses . And if i really don't care then i wouldn't have been sitting here  in front of you now"

" It's just dad meet Harsh uncle in party only. Then dad put this alliance infront of them. Me and Anika both liked eachother and it's not possible to travel again. Elder's decide to do engagement. It's all done in one day only. I didn't get chance to inform you. Moreover you are not in India also. You came suddenly yesterday and didn't bother to inform me hell you didn't wait for me last night."

" Because i am angry. "

" And for that what i have to do "

" Nothing much i just want to meet my bhabhi "

" She is in Delhi Manav "

" See you will never change i thought after your engagement you will change but whom i am talking about "

" Done with your drama "

" I am not doing any drama " he said grumpily.

" Not start sulking like a kid "

"Atleast show me her picture Shivaay and she has sister or not ."

"Their you go again. And she don't have any sister. "

" This is not fair "

" Find someone else "

" Now show me her photo "

Sighing I open my phone. Show him our picture.

" Oh my god Shivaay seriously you are not looking good with her. Shit why i didn't meet her before you "

" She is your sister-in - law. Atleast leave her "

" Possessive i see " he said grinning .

" But I am  happy atleast you find someone for you. "

He stand and hug me tightly. Congratulating me.

" Let me breathe Manav "

See i already knew he is just doing drama. God knows how he became doctor. Moreover, my friend.

" I am leaving you because atleast i am getting my bhabhi. Otherwise you didn't stand in front of me alive now. "
He said seriously.

I give punch on his stomach.

" Hey man why so violent "

I start laughing looking at his face.

" You don't have work "

" No after lunch i will go  till then i am here only "

"No let's go somewhere i am free now"

" Some time ago some one is busy."
To which he glare me.

" How was gauri "

" She is fine now "

" It's because of me. I told her that i  want to see pictures and she fall. "

" No it's not because of you Manav. It's just an accident. And now she is fine "

After spending some time with him . I came back to office. And engrossed myself in work.

______________________________________

Guys , here is another update. I know you might be thinking how always Ishaan stop crying in shivaay arms.
My niece when she is four month she used to sleep in my arms only. She even didn't sleep in her mother arms. Sometime children mind comfort in other arms  also. If anyone  have your
Story do share with me. I love to know.

Stay safe and healthy

Don't forget to hit the vote button ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 10.3K 59
Businessman Shivaay Singh Oberoi is super successful in his professional life, he has fame and fortune, and everyone wants to be in business with him...
406K 38.4K 50
• • • • Attraction is spontaneous, but Relationship is not. • • • • Shivaay has celebrated celibacy so far. He has craved to be in an intimate relati...
379K 59.9K 78
Being the heiress of one of the richest businesses in India was not something Annika Vardhan Kabeer felt proud of. Having lost her mother at childbir...
308K 22.9K 46
*COMPLETED*☑ Highest rankings- #1- Ishqbaaz (5.1.19) #1 - Ishq (28.12.18, 28.02.19, 02.05.19) #1- narbhi (26.09.19) #2 - Anika( 12.11.18) #5 - In...