Heir Apparent: A Nigerian Sto...

Por WinterBearz

The Heir Apparent. The Vier Republic is a nation, ruled by one person, The Emperor but under this nation they... Más

Heir Apparent: A Hausa Story.
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI

XXIX

225 56 0
Por WinterBearz

The head of security was startled to see Alhaji Hammad sitting in his office when he walked back in.

I've heard of this man to be dangerous and highly intimidating, people in the palace feared him more than they did the Emperor because apparently he's merciless and apparently he served in the army for 30years before he became a politician but I haven't met that man yet, I've only met the sweet father who cares deeply about his only surviving child.

He was angry.
Although the man is old, in his sixties his body was well built, this man might actually still be working out.

He had a scowl on his face, looking so different from how much he talked about his son on our ride here.
"Sit" he orders the man.

He sat on the man's seat so the man had no other choice but to seat on the couch, he looked terrified.

"Musa, I remember warning you once about crossing the line with me"
"I'm—I'm sorry sir"

He had a malicious grin on his face. I have to admit, I was getting scared even standing next to the man.
"I heard your wife and children left after that incident" he smirks "And now after 8years you're getting remarried, I'm happy for you"

The man swallows hard.
"No—No sir"
"What's the name you've thought of for your child?" He asks with a smug smile.

He man looked scared witless to answer the question.

Alhaji Hammad nods "Of course I'd be willing to forgive you and forget all this happened. Where is my son?"

"He's—He's about to be questioned by the General's son"
"I want to watch the questioning and you won't say a thing about our presence there"

He nods quickly.
He turns to me smiling like he didn't just finish threatening a man with his fiancé and unborn child "Do you want to join me?"

I nod immediately, not even wasting a second.

::

We were in a secret room, watching the interrogation room clearly but couldn't be seen by the interrogator nor the detainee.

Amjad was seated, looking so comfortable. His legs crossed as he leaned his head back in his chair and slept peacefully.

I can't believe I've been so worried about him when he has only been sleeping. Meanwhile his father watched him with both admiration and anger, they're more alike than he realizes.

Hafiz walks in and sits across Amjad.
He raises his head with a wide smirk on his face.

"I didn't plan this, I hope you know that"
"I do, you're forgiven"

Hafiz chuckles "I'm not asking for forgiveness".
"I know"

Hafiz huffs "Did you know Najib was found in the same dock you ran to the day of your wedding? The same place you came out with bloodstained clothes?"

Amjad smirks.
What?
He wasn't sick?
He intentionally left me that day?
I was getting pissed just listening to it but I couldn't leave, I have deep respect and fear for the man standing next to me, I really immensely do.

"Why didn't you say anything before I brought you here?"
"Say what?"

"That you just helped one of the crew who got injured"
"I don't need to go around telling people something I did when I just did it because I felt it was right, I didn't need to announce it".

"You seemed to have expected our visit, why?"
"I don't understand you"

"He's annoying" I murmur unconsciously.
"He is" his father says watching him intently.

"Did you do it because they were suspecting her? You intentionally went AWOL so they'd come after you and they'd find out she's innocent".

He shakes his head "I don't know what you mean?"
He huffs "You've always been annoying, that's why you and I never got along in school".

He sits up, resting his arms on the metallic table "We did though, before half my family died".

Hafiz's sighs "Back to the matter at hand, you intentionally made us take you, so we'd find all the evidence we needed to make sure Huda didn't have anything to do with Masoud"

I gasp, taking a step backwards. They suspected me for Masoud's death?

"I never told you to find my phone"
"Was that even your phone?"

Amjad shrugs.
"Why did you do it?"

"Because she's my wife and I have to protect her. As you should your wife".
"You really did this all for her, but she doesn't know"

"I don't need to tell her to know I protected her".

Hafiz smiles "That's admirable, it really is".
"Can I go now? I'm sleepy"

"I'll take you home myself"
"We're going to be friends again?"

"We need to discuss something".

::

Flashback: Huda's POV.

I push the phone aside.
My phone has been ringing for a while now.

I sit up and pick it up without even checking the caller id.

Yes.

Huda, where are you?
Masoud's voice comes from the other line, whispering.

My room, why are you whispering?

I called Najib and Raudah, let's meet at the Hind lake in an hour. Hurry.

Now?

Make sure no one sees you, disguise yourself.

Okay.

Why is Masoud calling me this time of the night, whispering?
I quickly get up and change into one of Hasna's clothes.

I went to her room to tell her but she wasn't there.

I snuck out and took an Uber to the castle. Luckily growing up there I know every single nook and cranny of the castle.

Masoud, Raudah and Najib were already there.
"You're late" Raudah complains.

"Quiet" Masoud shushes her.
"What are we doing here?" Najib asks looking around restlessly.

"I found something about the court, I've been thinking about it a lot and it's hard to find—" Raudah cuts him off "We care about you Masoud but please don't drags us down with you".

Najib huffs "That's not what she means, don't get yourself entangled with something you can't handle and if you can't be Emperor then just step down"

I just watch the two, everyone of them can't sense what is really going on at the moment "It won't hurt us to listen"

"I haven't slept a wink and I have training, I'll just meet up with you" Raudah says before she walks away.
"Same here" Najib says yawning before he walks away.

Masoud huffs "You leaving too?"
I link my arms with his "let's sit"

He nods and we both sit.
"So? What is it exactly?"

He shakes his head "Why didn't I like you instead?" He jokes.
"I should have too" I giggle.

"I always smile with you, thank you for being by my side. Believe it or not you're stronger than I am but you look weaker so you'll be the last target".
"What do you mean?"

He moves closer and whispers in my ear "Here" he gives me his phone "Don't ever show anyone this until you feel it's the right time to, but apparently the Emperor is dying"

I gasp.
He nods "And very soon but he was poisoned and they're going to find a way to oust us all".

"Masoud where did you hear this?"
I was scared for him, he looked out of it and fearful. He seemed almost like he'd given up.
"Now it's better you leave before anyone spots you"

"What do you mean?"
"Rahim, Hasna and the rest are just their spies and Rahim is supposed to meet me here, if he sees you we never know what might happen".

I nod "But you'll be fine, right?"
He smiles, widely. Just like he used to "I'll be great"

I hug him "I'll come see you when I'm free" I put the phone in my bra and run.

And that was the last time I saw him.

::

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

3.4K 300 37
Hi lovely people, This is my first ever story . Please support me and share your thoughts with me. Please give me any suggestions for the story...
11.4K 1.3K 20
The romance between two high school sweethearts. Two people who have hurt each other so much and yet want no one else but one another. Munayah is a s...
435K 27K 56
#1 in #muslim 12 Aug, 2021 #4 in #islam 29 May, 2021 #7 in #Allah 4 May, 2021 #8 in spiritual 15,16,17 September 2016 Thanks for stoppi...
43.9K 6.8K 42
Being a king-That's power. Being a husband-That's love. Being a friend-That's trust. Muhammed Aleer, the sixth son of a king, fighting for his place...