Pampered by the Villainous Ty...

Par SinfullyIndulgent

Annabeth finds herself transported from the modern world into the world of a rated R-19 novel where her chara... Plus

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 (M)
Chapter 32 (MM)
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37 (M)
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 (MM)
Chapter 42 (MM)
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 12

2.4K 78 25
Par SinfullyIndulgent

A/N: I own nothing but plot. Enjoy!

***************************

"You want to be my lady-in-waiting?" Annabeth repeated what Sir Rachel had asked.

"Yes, Your Highness. It would be a great honor to serve by your side." Sir Rachel said firmly.

Annabeth studied the beautiful knight before her. Though Sir Rachel's voice was steady, her green eyes had given her away. Sir Rachel was most likely being forced to serve as a lady-in-waiting, probably by her father.

After all, Sir Rachel was a decorated battle heroine who trained years as a knight and was among the top ranks. To throw away all the effort and honor of a knight to become a mere lady-in-waiting seemed laughable. The lady-in-waiting position was boring compared to swinging a sword and becoming a heroine. Honestly, Annabeth would have much rather Sir Rachel be the female protagonist of a story than Princess Alana. Besides, Annabeth didn't want another person as smart as Sir Rachel to notice that she was not the real Princess Annabeth.

"Your offer is kind and gracious, Sir Rachel," Annabeth said, gently. "But I am afraid I cannot accept it."

Rachel stiffened but her tone sounded like she expected it. "May I ask why, Your Highness? I heard that you have selected just one lady-in-waiting. My skills are not high but I would do my utmost best in serving you to the best of my capabilities."

"I don't doubt your skills, Sir Rachel. It's just that I am used to being independent and feel that just one lady-in-waiting is enough. In fact, I quite respect and admire your abilities. Would it not be better to continue to serve in your role as one of the knight commanders? You have spent so much time and effort to be in such a position, it seems a waste to throw it all away. I couldn't bear taking such a talented person away from serving His Majesty."

Sir Rachel paused, trying to see if what Annabeth said was the truth or if the princess just didn't want more ladies-in-waiting to be around the king. But in her position as knight commander, Rachel would be in much closer proximity to the king than she would be if she was a lady-in-waiting. Besides, serving the queen would put her under the queen's power. Was this princess not smart enough to think of this fact or did she truly not care? Princess Annabeth's sincerity had confused her.

As Sir Rachel didn't reply in time, Annabeth considered the matter closed.

"Then I shall consider that you understand my refusal."

"I understand, Your Highness." Sir Rachel said.

Annabeth detected a tone of relief in the knight's voice. Perhaps she had been worried that Annabeth would accept her as a lady-in-waiting. Annabeth clicked her tongue at Rachels' father. Another parent who uses their child as only tools to achieve their goals, just like the former dowager queen who wanted her son on the throne. Thinking about this, Annabeth realized she had never met this sickly Prince Triton.

Lucy looked like she wanted to say something after the knight left.

"What is it, Lucy? You look like you're trying to hide a frog in your mouth." Annabeth teased her.

Lucy pouted. "Please don't poke fun at me, Your Highness."

"Alright, alright, I'll stop. But tell me what you were going to say."

"May I ask why you didn't accept Sir Rachel as a lady-in-waiting? She is very experienced and would certainly be able to help you in your duties." Lucy said, tentatively.

"Well, in addition to the reasons that I listed earlier to Sir Rachel, I could tell that she didn't have her heart in the position. Besides, Sir Rachel's accomplishments are in the battlefield, but being in the social circles is a different kind of battle altogether. Lady McLean is often seen as a burgeoning social pillar in society, so her set of knowledge and skills are suitable here."

Besides, the Eldoris King's stepmother was his own mother's lady-in-waiting. Perhaps because of his bias, the king would not appreciate having many ladies-in-waiting, and certainly not one who liked him.

Annabeth looked at the dagger she had received at the armory. She had taken to wearing the dagger attached to a belt on her clothes. Sir Nico had privately said that the knife was one of the king's treasured weapons since it was gifted by his mother. Now that the knife had been passed down to her, she felt that it was an indication of trust given after dealing with the dowager queen. She didn't want to break this early gesture of trust by placing someone he didn't trust by her side.

A couple days later the delegation of Tynan arrived early, bringing Lady McLean along with them. Annabeth spotted the brunette beauty and had to pause for a few moments to admire her looks. Lady Piper McLean was truly beautiful with beads and feathers braided in her hair. With her leather hunting suit, Lady Piper looked like a warrior princess. Here was another woman who could have been the female lead over Princess Alana. What was Clarisse thinking?

Seeing that her mistress looked awestruck at Lady McLean, Lucy thought back to when Princess Annabeth had expressed genuine admiration for Sir Rachel. Could it be that Princess Annabeth preferred women? Lucy quelled that thought quickly. If the king found out, wouldn't that be the end of the world?

Not knowing Lucy's thoughts, Annabeth watched as the agile Lady McLean swiftly descended her horse and walked forward. On the other side of the horse, a blonde man awkwardly retreated the hand he had offered to help the lady get off her horse. Annabeth nearly choked as she held back her laughter as she watched the blonde man pivot around and run his hair through his fingers as though that's what he meant to do in the first place. Pity she was too far to see the embarrassed reaction on the man's face.

"That's the crown prince of Tynan, Prince Jason."

Annabeth turned to see the Eldoris king stand next to her.

"Is he?" She murmured. "He and Lady McLean seem to be getting along well."

It wasn't hard to detect that the prince turned his head twice to look at the back of Lady McLean who was walking towards the Eldoris king and the future queen. Well, this more or less accomplished Annabeth's goal of turning the Tynan's prince's attention away from Princess Alana.

"I greet Your Majesty and Your Highness." The beauty curtsied.

"Lady McLean, welcome to the royal palace."

Annabeth and the king returned the greetings. Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw that King Percy's eyes didn't seem to be interested in the beautiful woman before him. At least, he wasn't as obvious as Prince Jason had been earlier.

"I apologize for not coming in suitable attire," Lady McLean said.

"No, it's all right, Lady McLean. I actually love your clothing," Annabeth honestly said.

Annabeth didn't have much interest in fashion, but those leather pants were quite cute. Drew, Annabeth's friend, would have done anything to get her hands on Lady McLean's clothing. A proper leather jacket was expensive.

"Should I get you the same set of clothing?" The king whispered into her ear, disrupting Annabeth's thoughts.

"Could I?"

Annabeth was still trying to get more than those linen pants from the royal tailors. But the comfortable white trousers worn by the knights came from another set of tailors that were dedicated to the knights, and Annabeth hadn't the time to figure out where they were.

Lady McLean smiled brightly, seeing the two monarchs flirt before she went into her place by Annabeth's side.

By now the prince and four members of the Tynan delegation had arrived.

"Greetings to King Perseus." Prince Jason gave a half-bow.

"I greet the crown prince of Tynan. You must have had a long journey. We have prepared a good place to rest. I hope Your Highness will not find it too lacking." King Perseus said.

The king's hand twitched slightly before clenching at his side, a motion no one else saw. He had remembered their last battle culminating in his death.

Annabeth took a few seconds to analyze the crown prince. He was like Alana's counterpart in that he, too, had blonde hair and blue eyes. But the prince's brow looked to be steady and forthcoming, someone would eventually become a good king of his land. How had someone like him fall for the clutches of someone like Princess Alana? Either Alana had some more tricks up her sleeve, or this Tynan prince was a true idiot hiding behind his calm demeanor.

While the Tynan delegation went to their quarters, Annabeth spent the day getting to know Lady McLean, who soon adamantly requested that she be called Piper in private.

"Lady McLean just sounds so stuffy," Piper admitted.

Annabeth laughed. She knew she would get along well with this new friend of hers.

Piper had only been to the royal palace's banquets but never to the surrounding areas, so Annabeth took her on a tour. Unexpectedly, they encountered two familiar figures while in the gardens near one of the auxiliary palaces.

King Percy and Crown Prince Jason were talking together, looking to be in deep conversation. Perhaps the Eldoris king was in the midst of forging a new alliance. Annabeth wondered if she had wrecked the events of the manuscript enough that Tynan would not be able to align with Kiran, or if when Princess Alana showed up, Prince Jason would still fall for Alana.

Annabeth was wondering whether they should approach when the Eldoris king seemed to sense their presence. With both men's attention on them, Annabeth went forward with Piper trailing forward. Annabeth didn't miss how Prince Jason's eyes seemed to light up. Piper had changed from her riding uniform into a dress that transformed her from a warrior princess to gentle fairy princess.

Annabeth smiled and thought of how she could let Piper meet the Tynan prince a few more times before the wedding and Alana's entrance. Her grey eyes met the Eldoris' king's green eyes and amusement passed through them. So it seemed both of them had the same idea.

"I greet His Majesty and His Highness." Annabeth said. She walked forward and accepted the king's hand. "I hope we didn't disturb you two."

"Not at all," Prince Jason said.

The king called for some refreshments and soon tea and sandwiches were placed in the gazebo.

"Why don't you sit down as well, Lady Piper." Annabeth invited Piper who had been standing behind.

Piper was surprised. She was the only one who was not a monarch.

"Bring another chair." The Eldoris king ordered.

"But Your Highness, are you sure?" Piper questioned.

Annabeth smiled. "Since His Majesty has asked for another chair, of course it is."

After a little hesitation, Piper sat down between Annabeth and Prince Jason at the round stone table. Annabeth secretly observed that the Tynan prince's lips had curled up.

Soon, the conversation turned to how Lady Piper came to be escorted with the Tynan delegation. Apparently a group of ruffians were hired by an unknown noble to harass some commoners and were happened upon by Lady Piper. Seeing that Lady Piper had been dressed as a commoner, the gangsters had tried to proposition her which resulted in Piper using her lumokinesis powers. The Tynan delegation then arrived on scene and helped to clear up the ruffians.

"I thank you both for helping our country's people." King Percy said magnanimously.

Annabeth glanced at him out of the corner of her eyes. It was the king who had used this situation to coincidentally clear up some common gangsters as well as frame a small baron who had been using his power to abuse his land's people.

"No, there is no need to thank me. It is for Eldoris, Your Majesty," Piper refuted.

"It is the least I can do, Your Majesty, after you helped us with reopening the sea routes," Prince Jason said. "It was Lady Piper who did most of the work by the time my attendants and I arrived."

"It was nothing." Piper said, lowering her gaze.

Annabeth just smiled as she looked at the burgeoning love before her. She almost wished that she had some popcorn so she could enjoy this sappy romance. Quietly by her side, the Eldoris king pushed the plate of sugar cookies towards Annabeth.

****************************

A/N: For those of you following along and wondering when the wedding is, the wedding starts in chapter 14! Fastest PJO wedding in my stories yet, hehe! Annabeth and Percy are taking well-deserved breaks from fighting, but the wedding gift from Kiran may not be all what they expect...

Not sure I'll be able to update this Sunday because I'm in the midst of moving, but I will certainly try my best. Maybe I'll drop one tomorrow? Hopefully all these people are wearing masks on flights so I don't catch covid...because then your updates are going to be hecka slowed.

As always, stay safe and see you all next chapter!

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

33.2K 629 32
🏁HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY🏁 🚩TW: Blood, rape, swear words, suicidal thoughts, self harm, panic attacks, needles, death, natural disasters, slight...
61.2K 2.3K 33
After her brother, Malcolm disappears and is announced dead. Princess Annabeth Chase has no idea what to do. She can't remember anything from the nig...
5.3K 106 14
When Prince Percy's father dies, he needs to find a bride-fast. Annabeth is a French princess at court that nobody takes seriously, but she is the on...
79.2K 2.3K 35
A horrible twist of fate is what causes Annabeth's life to change in mere seconds. Percy and Jason have been being unfaithful, and the girl herself w...