We Met Over Coffee (Izuku Mid...

By missweebam

You're finally getting settled into your busy schedule as a college sophomore at UA University! You're taking... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 3

1.1K 44 34
By missweebam

For the next two weeks since the party, you both have constantly been talking. Whether it's seeing each other at the cafe, texting, or calling, you've been keeping in touch one way or another.

You both happened to have some free time in between classes, so you guys decided to meet up for lunch this past Tuesday.

You walked into the dining hall, searching the tables for the familiar green-haired boy. You've been looking forward to this the whole day. After finally finalizing a time where you guys can meet, you were non-stop thinking about it. Izuku was thinking the same thing but was practically sweating through his shirt due to nerves. He had to keep reminding himself that it was just lunch and it's only for 45 minutes before he had to leave to go to his next class, but it was so hard to stay calm.

You spotted him when he waved you over to a high top off to the side. You set your backpack down on the ground and told him you'd be right back and went to grab some food.

When you came back a few minutes later, you both dove into a conversation about anything and everything. The conversation flowed so easily, it was like you both have known each other for way longer than two months.

"You seriously broke your arm while swimming?"Izuku says, trying to hold back his laughter. "How is that even possible?"

You groan, starting to wish you didn't tell him this. "It was so embarrassing. I tried doing a flip into the water, but I landed weird and broke it. My crush, at the time, saw it all happen."

Izuku puts his head in his hands, and genuine giggles escape his mouth. "Oh wow, that's... that's pretty bad."

You laugh with him, his giggles being contagious. "I know, I know," You say after catching your breath. "Have you broken any bones? Any crazy stories?"

He looks back up at you, moving a hand through soft-looking curls. "Oh yeah, let's just say the hospital bed and I were in a very serious relationship when I was younger."

"You're kidding."

"Nope. I was constantly breaking something. If you went back to look at my childhood photos, I don't think there was a single time when I didn't have some cast or brace on."

"Is that how you got those scars?" You question. He looks down at them, and his face suddenly drops. He moves his hand to almost shield them from your gaze. Beginning to panic thinking you hit a nerve, you start to apologize. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have pried."

"No, it's okay," he starts, dropping both hands underneath the table so they're out of view. "When we were in high school, Kachann and I were walking home from school, and on the way, we saw one of our neighbor's house caught on fire, and without even thinking, I ran in. It was the wrong place, wrong time sort of thing, I guess. I got them out, but when I tried to leave, the ceiling collapsed on me, messing up my arm pretty bad." He rubs his hand over the black brace that is half showing underneath his t-shirt. "These scars came from the surgery, they haven't faded since."

Holy shit. That sounds like something out of a movie.

"Was everyone okay?"

"Hmm? Oh yeah, the biggest injury one of them had was some lung problems from the smoke inhiation and minor burns," he looks off to the side, almost embarrassed. "Kachann was not happy with me. Said I could've gotten myself killed and all that."

"But you're a hero. That takes a lot of guts to run into something like that, especially if you're not trained for that sort of thing."

He chuckles a little, "yeah I guess."

"Does your arm still hurt? Is that why you have the brace?" Your curiosity is overflowing now, these questions have been harbored in the back of your mind for so long, and now they finally get to be answered. "But if I'm overstepping, then you don't need to answer."

"No, you're totally okay," he smiles, unconsciously resting both of his hands on the table again. He feels kind of nervous telling you these things since many people called him stupid for running into a fire instead of being responsible and calling the fire department. He was pretty scrawny since it happened early sophomore year. People said he was too weak to be the hero and that he just got lucky the day of the fire. So the day his bandages were removed from his arm, he got his mom to sign him up for a gym membership.

But the way you look at him right now, with starstruck eyes, leaning closer, head in your hands mesmerized by this story, he feels important, special even. "It sometimes does, more like an achy feeling than pain. It has its moments. I wear the brace for that and to keep it hidden, I guess. It's a pretty nasty scar."

You nod and reach over to grab onto his scarred hand. You trace your fingers over the marks. The gentle feeling of someone caressing his hand and not turning away from the scars almost brings tears to Izuku's eyes.

"I don't want to be all sappy or anything, but your scars are cool. You shouldn't feel embarrassed. They're actually beautiful," you say before looking up at him. "They come with an awesome story too. Much cooler than having a scar from being bitten by a fish."

He's grateful for your comment but instantly quirks his eyebrow at the last part of your sentence. "That's... really specific... do you... have a scar from a fish?"

You let go of his hand and lift up your sweatshirt sleeve to show your forearm. "My family and I went to Florida and went fishing," you start, showing off the dark mark that clearly looked like teeth marks. They weren't as defined as Izuku's, but the scar was prominent against your skin tone. "I was helping to take the fish off the hook or whatever, and when I did, it flipped out and latched on to my arm."

"That's insane!" Izuku comments as you pull your back sleeve down.

"I know! It freaked me out more than it hurt, but it was crazy! I didn't need to get any stitches or anything, but same as you, it just doesn't want to heal."

You guys laugh about that, then continue on to talk about what your plans are for the rest of the week.

"Yeah, after this, I have some time before my next class, so I think I'll head to the library, get some reading in." You say before you take another bite of your sandwich.

"Do you study there a lot?"

Yeah! I mean, it's pretty close to my apartment, and if I have time between classes, I'll just go there," you say excitedly. Even though libraries can be quiet, they are a great spot to be. Libraries have always had a special place in your heart since you would spend a lot of your time reading the books there. You even were able to get all of your high school volunteer hour requirements by helping out at your hometown library by shelving books and managing the counter. "I found this great spot on the top floor! There's a small circular window, and the view is amazing! It's also really quiet since not many people go all the way up there."

"That sounds awesome! I didn't even think about going higher than the second level."

You smile, "Yeah, it's really nice!"

You continued to have small talk for the next few minutes before Izuku had to go to his class. You walk with him out the dining hall and promise to see him later that evening at the cafe.

+++++

It's now the next day, and you didn't have a class until 11 am, so you decided to get some work done at the library. It was very tempting to sleep in, but you decided that getting up and getting some homework done would be for the best.

Gotta think ahead in college and stay on top of those deadlines.

You set your stuff down in your usual spot. The sun peaks through the glass circle and casts a pleasant light down on the desk. The atmosphere alone is enough to get you in a paper-writing mood, so with a deep breath, you pull out your computer and get to work.

After about 45 minutes of work, you hear the elevator ding. You don't bother to see who it is, being too engrossed in the current sentence you're typing. Even though you said it's pretty rare to see another person, it's not completely unlikely for someone to come up to look at the shelves of books. The top floor houses shelves upon shelves of anthropology/philosophical textbooks and some others on foreign language. So usually, it's some humanities major or student trying to do extra practice for a language class.

Just as you finish the paragraph, you hear footsteps approach your little study spot.

"Wow, you were right. This is a pretty neat spot."

You know the voice instantly and whip your head to see Izuku with a soft smile on his face.

"What are you doing here?" You question with a grin, totally taken off guard but happy about it. He's wearing casual clothes that consist of light wash jeans and a black hoodie paired with a yellow and gray flannel. The outfit makes him look even cuter than usual, the flannel bringing out the freckles on his face.

"Well, I have some homework I wanted to do, so I decided to check out all the hype. I didn't expect to see you here, though," Izuku says with a small smile as he sits down in the seat across from you.

Wrong. He actually really only came to see if you were here. Izuku fully anticipated you to be up here and is so glad that his hypothesis was proven correct. As he opens his computer, he's mentally jumping with joy.

"Well, surprise," you say, wiggling your fingers in a jazzy sort of way. "what do you have to work on?"

Crap. He didn't think that far ahead. He racks his brain for the stuff he might have to do and falls short. Having already finished his homework for the day since he has to work later.

"Oh you know, just some coding stuff..." he says, trying to sound confident in the response. "I would totally explain it, but it's just a lot. What're you working on?" He asks, trying to flip the conversation back to you.

"Oh gosh... that sounds rough," you reply. "I'm writing a paper on one of the books I just finished. It only needs to be three pages, and I'm almost done."

"That's good! I'm almost done too!" Izuku responds with a smile, totally bullshitting.

You offer a smile before turning your attention back to the computer. As you go back to typing, his eyes linger on you for a bit. He takes note of your blue-light glasses that frame your face and the cozy gray sweatshirt you wear. Your hair is up in a ponytail out of your face as you diligently type away. He sees you like this all the time at the cafe, but now he actually gets to see you for more than a few fleeting seconds before he has to go back to making drinks. You bite your lip in concentration, and he has to will his eyes away to focus back on his computer before certain thoughts rush through his brain. Izuku is a sweet and kind person, but he's still a dude.

As you continue to write your paper, Izuku pretends to do work. But as time passes, he feels guilty for completely lying to you, so when the horrible feeling becomes too much to bear, he opens his coding program and decides to do the assignments due later in the week. As he goes, he feels much better since he is actually doing work, so now, his comment isn't technically a lie.

After another 15 minutes, you lean back in your chair and stretch your arms over your head. "Alright, all set." You say as you bring your arms back down.

Izuku looks up from his computer and smiles softly, "I bet that feels good. I'm just about done too." He says as you close your laptop.

"Ugh, it does. I feel like my professors are just loading me up with so many papers. I think my head might explode from staring at the screen for too long."

Izuku snorts, "that would be bad."

"Yeah, no shit," you say with a laugh. "How's your coding coming along?"

Izuku stiffens at the question but relaxes just as quickly. "Good! I started the assignments that are due later in the week, so it's nice to be ahead."

"Wow, that's great! A very smart and scholarly student thing to do."

"I feel like that comment is a little condescending," Izuku says, quirking an eyebrow as he also closes his laptop.

"What," you draw out. "I'm not trying to be; I would do the same thing if I could."

"Well thanks," he says with a wide smile. "I'm sure you're a good student too! I mean, maybe not as good as me... but keep up the great work!"

Your mouth falls open, and he blinks, a little nervous that he took his last comment too far. But before he can say anything else, you burst out laughing.

"Right," you say in between laughs. "I'll try my best. Don't get too comfortable. Eventually, I'll surpass you in smartness."

He smiles, "okay, I look forward to seeing that."

+++++

After chatting with Izuku at the library for another 30 minutes, you had to go to your class. It's now Thursday afternoon, and as you're walking from one class to another, you see a text from Izuku.

Izuku- Attachment: 1 image

Curious, you open the text to see a picture of the fluffiest white dog you have ever seen in your entire life. Surprised by this positive turn of events, you instantly type a reply.

Y/N- thank you for this

He quickly types back.

Izuku- Of course! I thought I'd share this blessing I received today :)

Y/N- i very much appreciate it, do you know what their name is?

A few seconds pass, and he texts back.

Izuku- You're not going to believe this... it's Noodle!!!!

You pause, staring at the text.

Y/N- UR KIDDING

Izuku- NO I AM NOT

Y/N- STOP THAT IS SO CUTE

Izuku- THAT'S WVAT IM SAYING

Izuku- WHAT**

You giggle a little at your phone.

Y/N- thank you for the clarification

Izuku- Anytime ;)

Izuku- I mean, I know you're a writer and everything, but just in case you didn't know... I thought I'd elucidate.

Y/N- wowww throwing in big words to impress me?

Izuku- Is it working? o_o

You walk into the building with your class and look down at your phone with a smile.

Y/N- hmm idk... might need another dog picture before I decide...

As your get situated in your seat for class, your phone vibrates in your pocket. With a few minutes to spare before class starts, you check your phone.

Izuku- Attachment: 3 images

The first one is of the dog again, tongue out and looking very excited at the attention given to him. As you view the other two pictures, you feel your face grow hot. In them, it's Izuku taking a selfie with the dog. The first features him laying back with the dog's face next to him, grinning along, and the second one has the dog licking the side of Izuku's face.

It looks like the picture was taken at Ground Beta, one of the popular quads on campus. Izuku must be on his way to class or taking a break before he has to go to his next one. You rest your free hand on the side of your cheek to try and hide your blush. He looks so cute.

The dog does, too... of course.

As the teacher begins the lecture, you quickly type out a reply.

Y/N- it's working

Y/N- gtg class starting bye bye

You turn off your phone and throw it into your bag, turning your attention back to the professor.

Izuku looks down at his phone again and grins to himself as he reads your texts. He turns off his phone and slips it back into his pocket, then turns his full attention back to the cute fluffy dog.

"Thank you so much, Noodle! You're a very good boy!"

+++++

It's now Friday afternoon, and you dial up Izuku. At this point, you know his schedule pretty well, so you're pretty sure he's not working or in class at the moment. You wanted to ask him if he was gonna go to Mina's apartment for a party. Ochaco texted you about it, saying that you were more than welcome to come. You happily accepted, glad to be able to have fun plans for the coming Saturday night.

You didn't really get to talk to Mina much since she was busy busting down on the dance floor, but you were able to get introduced by Tsu when she came over to see the beer pong game between you and Bakugou. You were nervous about accepting the invite since you don't really know her, but when Ochaco said Mina was the one who asked about you, that your anxiety was eased.

Your phone rings, and you bite your lip nervously. You haven't really called him often. You both stick to texting most of the time if you don't see each other in person, but you were too lazy at the moment to type a text. After a few more rings, the call goes to voicemail, so you hang up, opting to call him later.

Currently, you're at home just relaxing. You took a nice warm shower, and after eating some macaroni and cheese for lunch, you are curled up on the couch, remote in hand, trying to find something worth watching.

You decide on the cooking channel when you see one of those baking challenges where they have to make cupcakes in less than 2 hours. Those shows are always so addicting to watch, so you press it and watch as the contestants have to make a "happiness" inspired cupcake, whatever the hell that means.

As the judges eat and score the contestant's cupcakes, your phone buzzes, signaling an incoming call. You check the caller ID to see Izuku's name flash across the screen. Your stomach flips, and you pause the show and press the accept call button.

"Hello?" You question.

"Hey," Izuku says, sounding a little breathless. "Sorry I missed your call. I was at the gym."

"No worries! How was your workout?"

Izuku huffs, "It was good, I hit a new personal best for my bench press which was pretty nice, but now it feels like my arms are gonna fall off."

You laugh, "Sounds great! The personal best part, not the arms falling off part."

He laughs too. You hear some rustling of car keys and fabric, and then a car door slamming shut. It sounds like he's just getting into the car, making you feel a little giddy knowing that as soon as his workout was done or he noticed he missed your call that he called you right back.

"So, was there something you wanted to talk about?" He asks sweetly.

"Oh yeah," you start, switching your position up on the couch to sit criss-cross. "I was wondering if you were going to Mina's for a party tomorrow night?"

Izuku grins on his side of the line, you can't see it obviously, but it makes him feel good knowing that you're thinking about him.

"I am, and this time I don't have to be the DD. Why do you ask?"

"That's cool, I'm just curious, is all."

"Really? Just curious?"

"Yep. But since you're going, I guess I have to decline the offer. I can't be seen mingling with you..."

"Why not?" He questions, sounding a little hurt.

"Well, aren't we competing now? Since I said I'm gonna surpass you in smarts and be number one... so that makes us enemies."

"Wh- that's not fair," Izuku starts laughing a little.

"I know, I know, but this isn't a profitable situation for me, so I don't think I can overlook this major crisis."

Izuku is now straight-up exploding with laughter on his side. His loud cackle makes you feel surprisingly warm. You bite your lip, trying to suppress your own laughter. As he dies down, he takes a deep breath.

"You know, you're pretty funny."

"Thank you, if it can get me to hear your amazing laugh, then I'll continue to say dumb shit like that."

"... huh? My laugh?"

"Totally, your laugh is great."

Izuku's face starts to turn red, and he's so glad you can't see it right now.

"Well... well, thanks," he starts, "I don't think anyone complimented me on it before."

"Really?" You question, very shocked at this new discovery. "Are you sure?"

"I mean, other than my mom, but I don't think that counts."

Now it's your turn to laugh. "Yeah, I guess you're right."

Riding off the high of the compliment he received, he decides to ask a question that's been on his mind since you asked about the party.

"So... To make this situation more profitable for you, maybe I can pick you up?"

Izuku silently freaks out, hoping he isn't too forward with the question. You're now standing in your apartment, jumping up in down as quietly as you can.

"Oh man, riding in the car with my enemy... I feel like this is just an excuse to murder me and dump my body in the lake."

Izuku laughs again, causing you to smile at the glorious noise.

" I won't do that."

"Promise?" You question.

"I promise."

"Are you crossing your fingers? I feel like you are."

"Wh-what? No!"

"Hmm, alright. I'll trust you for now. But just know I'll be on my guard, so no funny business, mister."

"Okay, I'll make sure no funny business occurs."

"Good."

"I'll pick you up at 9?" Izuku asks sweetly

You grin, "sounds good. I'll talk to you later."

"Cool, see ya."

And with that, you hang up the phone and do a quick lap around your couch. You quickly go back to your phone and text Ochaco, asking for help on what to wear.

After you hang up, Izuku sets his phone on his center console and runs a hand through his hair.

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh. I can't believe I just did that.

+++++

Hope you all are doing well! Drink water and go to bed, please <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.4K 1.3K 4
⚠️ Now Revised and Completed ⚠️ In this alternate universe, Bakugou works at Starbucks. His parents want him to be more responsible, so he gets a job...
8.2K 380 30
A my hero academia fanfiction. Have you ever wondered what happened to the students of UA after they left school? After they went their own ways? Man...
36.3K 1K 15
[COMPLETED] It has been nearly three years since you graduated from UA High. Now engaged and working as a successful Pro Hero, you couldn't have aske...
338K 9.3K 32
UNDER EDITING You've enrolled into UA but the semester has already started. You look to make a new name for yourself and a better reputation, as soon...