Let Me In || Jungwon

By bluexpoem

The youngest son of of one of the richest families in Korea meets the housekeeper's quirky daughter. Will she... More

1 - Let Me In Your Kingdom
2 - Rich Girl
3 - The School
4 - Troublemaker
5 - Suspicious
6 - Curry Anyone?
7 - Eyes on You
8 - My Heart Is All Weird
9 - Unforgiven
10 - Melting The Ice
11 - Heart is For Sale
12 - What Are We?
13 - Liar Liar Pants On Fire
14 - The Truth Untold
15 - Some
16 - Pucker Up
17 - Enough
18 - The Existence of You to Me
19 - Let Me In Your Heart
20 - Love Language
21 - Enemies Forever
22 - I'll protect you
23 - Sweet & Sour
24 - You're My Warmth
25 - Hello Ghost?!
26 - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
27 - Blue
28 - My Biggest Supporter
29 - Moving On
30 - Meet Him Among Them
32 - Through the Night
33 - You, Me, Us
34 - Together Always...?
35 - Still With You
Will there be a sequel??
The Sequel Is Out!!

31 - Scouted

4.2K 207 192
By bluexpoem

- Sunni PoV -

Later that day

"Eh!?" My mom lets out.

After me and Jungwon's set, I came back up to my mom's room to talk about everything. 

"You missed how many days of school?!" She yells with her eyes wide. "Did I not not raise you right?!" She yells as she smacks my back a billion times.

I wince in pain. I won't fight this off, if anything, I actually miss my mom scolding me.

"How could I go to school when I didn't know if you'll live or not?" I defend pouting.

She pats her chest. "It's me you're talking about! I'm tough as nails," she brags flipping her hair.

She's back alright.

"So many people want to talk to you," I inform her. 

So far, it's only me in the ward with her. Everyone else is waiting outside.

I can only imagine the conversation she's going to have with halmeoni, but I'll leave that to her. 

Mrs. Yang seemed eager to talk with mom too. 

In our conversation prior, she did tell me she wanted to press charges against Mr. Yang, but we don't have solid proof.

"I'll let someone else talk to you," I say getting up from the edge of her bed.

She nods as I start to walk away.

"Sunniya," she calls out to me making me stop and turn around. "You were amazing today..."

I smile and give my mom a hand heart, "I love you!!"

"I love you too silly girl, now go!" She shoos me away with her hand.

I giggle leaving the ward. 

As soon as I exit, I see everyone lined up against the wall.

"You should go, I'm too nervous," Halmeoni says to Ms. Go.

"I'm sure she's eager to see you!" Ms. Go exclaims.

They go back and forth as I head towards Jungwon, Jake, and Yuni.

"Who would've had thought," I say looking back and forth between Yuni and Jake.

Yuni clings onto his arm as they smile at each other. Now that I look at it, they are a pretty perfect couple.

Jake is rather an introvert who seems like an extrovert and is all puppy and giddy like. Whereas Yuni is the extrovert who seems like an introvert and is calm and put together. They do say opposites attract...

Hmm, is that why Jungwon likes me so much? My charms are impeccably irresistible! 

"Ah! That's right! You told me you met a girl at a bakery shop," Jungwon says. "I should've known."

Jake says his head, "There's plenty of bakery shops in Seoul."

"But why were you on that side of Seoul?" Jungwon asks him. "You live like 5 minutes away from me.."

"Ah.. that's because.." Jake seems hesitant to answer. "I just happened to be on that side."

Rather sus if you ask me...

"Well, I'll come visit Ms. Kim later. It seems like the wait time is going to be long," Yuni starts to say. "Me and Jake are going on a date."

I wiggle my eyebrows at them as they start to walk off, "Have fun you two!!"

"Bye hyung!" Jungwon exclaims as Jake waves goodbye.

A date... that seems nice...

Me and Jungwon technically never been on a date before. Sure we spend a lot of alone time together, but there wasn't a time where has asked me out. 

Like he never verbally said, "Sunniya.. do you want to go on a date with me?" Is it too old fashion to ask for this?

"Why are you looking at them like that?"

I snap out of my thinking mode from Jungwon's question.

"Ah, nothing!" I answer startled. "Well..." I start to say looking back at Yuni and Jake as they then leave my sight when they enter the elevators.

I look back at a confused Jungwon. "It's nothing," I lie.

He squints his eyes, "Kim Sunni..."

I imitate him and squint my eyes also, "Yang Jungwon..."

"Sunniya just-"

"Excuse me," a feminine voice interrupts Jungwon.

We both look at the lady who called out to us. 

She's wearing a chic all black look. Kind of business casual.

"Oh, hello," I say as all three of us bow our heads.

"You two were the ones preforming out on the main floor earlier, right?" She questions.

I look at Jungwon before looking back at her. 

"Yes, you're right," I answer confused.

"Finally!!" She exclaims happily. 

"I've been looking for you two since I saw you guys perform!" She informs handing us two business cards.

I look at the card and almost lose all my marbles.

SM ENTERTAINMENT?!

I look back at her with my jaw dropped. This has to be dream!

She giggles, "As you know our company is constantly looking for new talents especially the ones with heavenly vocals as yourselves. We're holding auditions Wednesday afternoon, so I would love to see you guys there!"

"Thank you!" I say bowing 90 degrees.

"No, thank you," she smiles. "Oh, and make sure to tell them who scouted you. Hope to see you two there!"

She bows before making her exit.

Once I see her enter the elevators, I turn to Jungwon and start squealing and jumping up and down.

"Jungwon, do you know what just happened!?" I question the obvious to Jungwon, who's calm and collected as always.

"This is crazy," he says shocked.

"We were scouted by SM Entertainment!! The place were vocal idols live!" I pretty much yell ecstatically.

I stop jumping once I realize we have less than a week to practice for our audition.

"Ya, we have to go! We have to practice!" I grab his arm but immediately halt when I almost bump into Mrs. Yang. 

"You're going to audition for a company?" Mrs. Yang questions Jungwon.

There was a moment of awkward silence. By now, she probably would be yelling and throwing a fit...

"Yes," Jungwon says confidently.

"Alright then..." Mrs. Yang hesitantly says then smiles. "Good luck.." She pats Jungwon's shoulder as she walks past us.

Jungwon's halmeoni gives us two thumbs up with a big smile.

"Fighting!!" She whispers before passing by us.

I smirk at Jungwon. I'm sure that took a lot out of Mrs. Yang, but I'm glad she said what was right. 

I grab his hand and start heading to the elevator but he pulls me back.

I look at him with wide eyes.

"What's wrong? We don't have time we need to-"

"Kim Sunni," he cuts me off grabbing my face and squishing it.

"We need to go," I say sounding muffled.

"My mom told me I need to pack some of my things back at home, so I should do that first," he informs finally letting go.

I raise my eyebrows at him. 

He's thinking of packing his stuff when we have an audition in 4 days?! His priorities are out of order!

"Jungwon, the audition-"

"She scouted us. Yes we have to audition but we're already in," He informs. 

He places his hands on his shoulders, "We'll be fine."

I pout. "Well... let me go with you to pack," I suggest. 

He shakes his head, "I'm fine. Stay with your mom."

My pout grows bigger. 

He laughs, "Don't look at me like that. I'll be back, alright?"

"Okay..." I finally give in. 

He pulls me into a tight hug. I guess this kind of makes up for it.

He looks down at me and gently lifts my chin up.

Oh?

He leans his head close to mines and places his lips on mine.

Ohh.. I smile.

He pulls away with me still puckering with my eyes closed.

I hear him laugh.

"Don't be shy, one more," I pucker.

"Oh my gosh Kim Sunni," he says before giving me one more peck on the lips.

I open my eyes smiling. 

"You've been waiting for that, huh?" He questions me. 

"You know me too well," I answer.

I get on my tippy toes and plant him one last kiss before running off into my mom's room.

*******

- Jungwon PoV -

"It's been awhile JungONE!!" Jongseong shouts as he runs into my room and tackles me onto my messy bed.

"Hyung!" I yell with him squishing me.

He laughs as he finally gets off of me. We adjust ourselves on by bed.

Jongseong looks around before meeting his eyes with mine.

"What's... what's going on?" He questions.

It's been awhile since I last talked to hyung. He doesn't know what's been going on since me and Sunni started talking... he doesn't even know that I like her to begin with.

I become hesitant to even saying anything. I know hyung liked Sunni... a lot... to a point where all he talked about to me was her. 

We pretty much liked her at the same time, but things went a different direction.

I invited hyung over to catch up and for some advice. Besides Heeseung, Jongseong is amazing at life advice. He's the first person I go to.

Jongseong notices my silence.

"Eyyy," He playfully pushes me but then gets serious. "You know you can tell me anything..."

I take a deep breath in and out before spilling everything to him. 

Starting from when I actually liked Sunni, to the first kiss, to the dating, to the tracking, to my real dreams of being a singer, to the school trip, to the visit to Daegu, to the affair, to me being scouted, and to me moving out and may finally be freed from my dad's puppet strings.

All of the small details and the events told in one day. 

I talked for hours upon hours with Jongseong having his full attention on me. Without even looking tired... I know hyung is the type to not really be mad at me or hold grudges, so I only hope for his understanding.

After all, he's my best friend, like a brother I never had. I wouldn't trade him for the world. 

With not having Jongseong by my side, I've realized how much I've missed him. You never really notice the importance of someone until they're gone.

After I'm done talking, he sits up and looks at me seriously.

"Yang Jungwon," he says to me in a monotone voice.

"Hm?" I raise my eyebrows waiting for his response.

"I can read you like a book, I knew you liked Sunni since the Fall ball," he says. "I also knew she liked you when we were on a date."

The date. The date that Sunni never told me about.

"All she did was talk about you, and that's when I knew she completely fell head over heels for you," Jongseong says with his eyes big.

I shyly smile. Ah, so she didn't want to admit that to me. I can't wait to tease her later.

"But man, a lot happened," Jongseong says taking it in. "I'm glad you're finally escaping from here, I'm rooting for you."

We both smile at each other.

"Thanks hyung," I say. "I just feel like I stole your girl."

He lets out a loud laugh then quickly changes back to a serious expression.

"You did," he says leaving me speechless but he then playfully pushes me. "I'm kidding, she wasn't my girl to begin with. She liked you and you liked her, it's only right for you two to be together."

"And if I would've known you've been wanting to be an idol, I would've took you with me to my BigHit audition," he says nonchalantly.

Wait a second... did I hear that correctly?

"Ah, me, Sunghoon, and Heeseung were jamming out one day and I've noticed something... We're wasting our talents," he starts to say from seeing my confused expression.

"We ended up talking that one night about our dreams and we've wondered what it would be like to perform, so we ended up auditioning and we got in," he finishes smiling softly.

"Hyung!" I exclaim giving him a hug. "That's amazing..."

We pull away from each other.

"I guess we'll root each other from different companies, but that's fine... I'm always going to be here," he reassures me.

"Can't believe this whole time we wanted the same dream," I say looking down fiddling my fingers.

"I knew you had something else in you besides being the heir of Yang Industries," he ruffles my hair.

"Now..." he says making me look up at him. "What question do you have for me?"

"How did you-"

"Yang Jungwon, not only do I know everything, but I know everything about you so spill," he says.

Hyung sure knows a lot about pretty much everything. He's not wrong.

"Well, Sunni and Jake were acting kind of weird," I start to say.

"What kind of weird?" He questions raising an eyebrow.

"Well Jake went to Sunni's side of Seoul and didn't really give a reason why, and Sunni... she seemed to have something on her mind but was distracted by Jake and Yuni," I explain furrowing my eyebrows.

"Jake is rather a suspicious case, I'll invesitage it, but dude..." He says.

"What?" I question.

"Jake told me that he was going on a date with Yuni today," Jongseong says the obvious.

"Yea," I say in a "duh" tone.

"Sunni wants to go on a date," he simply puts it.

"A date?" I question. "But we're together all the time."

"Yea, that's not a date. A date is picking up your girl with flowers in your hand and going somewhere out of the ordinary. Going to the movies, to dinner, to the amusement park... all that," he explains.

"We eat... we've been to the amusement park in Jeju.. we even went to the beach by ourselves," I defend.

He shakes his head, "No, " he says in English. "Did you personally ask her out on a date?"

I look up pursing my lips. 

"You didn't," Jongseong says. "Girls like validation. Security. Straightforwardness. Without you verbally saying it, it doesn't give off the same feeling Jungwonie."

Brings me back to when Sunni didn't classify herself as my girlfriend because neither of us asked each other out. I just thought it was made clear, but I was wrong. I need to be clearer than clear.

"Hyung, how do you know everything?" I ask him.

He shrugs, "Call me genius Park."

I scoff. He thinks he's so funny.

I look at Nini, the stuffed sheep.

I grab it and start playing with it.

Our first date will be amazing Kim Sunni... just you wait...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.2K 4.2K 17
One head injury causes Jungkook to act like a child. At first, they were all hesitant on what they'll do with Jungkook, but they realized, he's stil...
64.2K 2.4K 36
"𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧 𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩?" 𝘼 𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙠 𝙎𝙪𝙣𝙜𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙣 𝙁𝙖𝙣𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙙: 18.11.21 𝙀𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙙: 29...
46.6K 1.4K 42
"𝐈𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤..... 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞?" Best friends to lovers (slow burn) Started: July 26, 2022 Ende...
315K 15.6K 33
"𝗹𝗲𝘁'𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆 𝗮 𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗲... 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗶𝗻 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲, 𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲𝘀." school's troublesome student tries to lead on one of t...