May we meet again // Amelia S...

By ElinaShak

Y/N is a pediatric surgeon working in a hospital in New York. After her sister's death, she quits her job and... More

Author's note
Unsteady
Realization
Strangers
Like what you see?
Forgiveness
Pulling a Monica
A human being needs the one
The ruined date
One question left
Saving a life
May we meet again
Happy together
The one
Storm
I believe you
It won't be your last
It was love
Special name
It tears families apart
Our story
Author's note
Author's note

I'm officially obsessed

7.5K 176 33
By ElinaShak

This is the first chapter. I don't think there's gonna be lots of actions. It's more like an introduction.
_________________

I was sitting on my couch looking at the suitcase. I had to be at the airport in 2 and a half hours. It was sad leaving this city, I really liked it here. I quit my job yesterday and didn't even think about what I was gonna do with my life. I didn't care. I just wanted to go back in time and talk to my sister. She was the only one who really understood and never judged me.

I shook my head trying to get rid of the thoughts.

The doorbell rang.

"Coming," I yelled heading to open it.

"Hey, you ready?" said a woman with beautiful dark eyes.

"Hey, Torres, I think I am," I mumbled.

Callie Torres was an orthopedic surgeon. We became friends pretty fast as soon as I found out she came from Seattle, the city I was born in. I liked her. She was a real badass. So I stole some vibe from her and she didn't mind.

"How are you feeling?" she asked.

"I'm fine."

I'm not fine, why are you lying to your best friend, Y/N? That's not healthy.

"I know you're not, but if you don't wanna talk about it, that's okay. Just know that I'm here whenever you need me," she tapped on my shoulder.

"Thank you," I smiled at her. Sure it was a fake smile but I really tried.

"Let's get you home," she said and took my suitcase.

"I can take it myself."

"I know, I wanna help," she smiled at me and led me to the car.

The first couple of minutes of the ride was awkwardly silent. Probably because I wasn't in the mood. Usually, we could sit like that for hours. I turned on the radio but there was nothing good so I connected my phone to the car and chose one of the playlists I made.

"'Hot summer' huh?" she said.

I chuckled. This woman knew all names of my playlists as well as the songs in them.

"I love that song," she yelled. 'Obsessed by Danger Twins was written on the screen.

And we started to sing it while driving. And for a moment I forgot about all things in the world.

"It's such a rush
This is more than a crush
Got me feeling so luxe
I think you're gonna love it
Like I love it love it"

"Here we are," Callie said with a sadness in her voice. She parked the car and we sat there for a minute.

I took a look at the time.

Damn it, I have to go, I have 20 minutes before they close the check-in.

"I guess this is it," I sighed.

"No way," she said sternly, "I'm gonna kick your ass if you don't come back."

Oh my God, I love that woman

I immediately pulled myself together and copied her attitude.

"Not if I kick yours first, Torres," I smiled.

"I love you, monkey, please be safe," she whispered hugging me, "and if someone hurts you, you know who to call."

"I know, I love you too," I said getting out of her arms and opening the door.

I took my suitcase and headed to the airport. I glanced at Callie one more time before entering the building. She was waving me with a sad smile. She knew I would probably never come back.

I quickly checked in and went to grab a coffee before my flight.

Goodbye, New York, hello, Seattle

All the way to Seattle I tried to sleep but couldn't. As soon as I closed my eyes I was starting to think about my sister. I take a book out of my purse.

That will help with the thoughts

It actually did. The rest of the flight went fast. I was immersed in reading and didn't even notice when we landed.

I booked a hotel room because I didn't want to stay in my parents' house, it was too much.

I took my suitcase and found a cab.

"First time?" the driver asked noticing me staring through the window.

"No, I grew up here," I smiled. Not that I was happy to be back, I hadn't been in Seattle since I left. And that was 6 years ago. I just really liked the city. It was beautiful.

He drove up to the entrance of the hotel and helped me with my suitcase.

"Good afternoon," a receptionist said.

"Hello, Y/F/N Y/L/N, I booked a room," I replied giving him my ID.

"One second," he started to look through his computer, "yes, room number 405, here's your key card. Do you need some help with your bags, ma'am?"

"No, thank you so much," I said heading to the elevator.

I didn't have any plans for today, the funerals were only tomorrow so I decided to go to my favorite bar in town. The Emerald City Bar. I had no idea why I liked it but I knew the bartender back when I lived here, Joe, I liked talking to him.

I opened my room and went straight to the shower. I adjusted the water to my desired temperature and took off my clothes leaving them on the floor.

I stood under the hot water until my skin turned red and I decided that it was enough. I washed my hair and body and turned off the water wrapping myself in a towel.

I laid in bed knowing that I need to rest for a while after the shower. I took my phone and texted Callie.

Y/N: Checked in the hotel, all good
Torres: Glad to hear it. Keep me posted about all scandals.

I laughed at her text. My family was like it came straight from some movie. There always was something happening.

Y/N: I will. You too.

I laid for some time scrolling through Instagram. I took a look at the time - 7:08 pm so I decided to get ready.

I opened the suitcase and found my favorite black jeans and a hoodie with a red inscription, 'Roses are red'.

I put on some light makeup just to cover my tiredness from the flight and swollenness from tears.

I put on AirPods and headed outside. The bar was not far away from my hotel, only 30 minutes, so I decided on walking there.

How long it's been, Seattle

I opened the door to the bar and the bell rang. It was still here after all those years. And how happy I was to see Joe pouring someone a drink.

"Y/N freaking Y/L/N, as I live and breath," he yelled.

"Heeey," I sat at the bar table.

"What are you doing here?"

"It's a long story, Joe, can I get a drink first?"

"On the house, little one," he said giving me my favorite cocktail.

"You remember?" I asked and he winked at me.

I made a sip and felt a warmth in my throat and then my stomach as the alcohol went down my body.

No one could make this cocktail as good as Joe. I mean no one. He was the best.

I sat there in silence drinking and trying not to think about tomorrow. Not that I didn't love my family, I loved them, I just didn't miss them. I didn't miss anyone if you think about it. Maybe it was because of the commitment issues I didn't even know I had until Callie told me, or maybe I was just selfish.

Stop thinking, just drink

"Can I get another one?"

"One moment," Joe yelled and started to make one more.

"Tell me when you're gonna need a cab," he said giving me another glass. I nodded.

"Wanna talk?" he asked.

"No," I shook my head, "not now at least."

"Okay."

I heard a bell rang again telling everyone that someone entered the bar. 2 women went in.

"What do you want me to do here? I don't drink and you know it," said the one with beautiful dark hair. She was wearing black jeans, a red shirt along with a black leather jacket and black heels. If I said she was stunning, that wouldn't be enough.

"Because I need a drink and a sober driver to take me home," said the other one.

"Fine, but don't get too drunk, I won't carry you to the car, Meredith."

"Hey, Joe, who's that?" I asked quietly so they wouldn't hear.

"Surgeons from the hospital across the street."

"Got it, thanks," I turned around to look at them again and I saw the one with dark hair leaning over the bar table to tell Joe something.

She was laughing.

She was beautiful.

I'm officially obsessed
Yeah I'm officially obsessed

Amelia's POV

I felt someone's eyes on me and looked around. And I saw a girl staring at me. She looked away as soon as realized I caught her. I chuckled a little. And came back to the table. Meredith was drinking shots of tequila, obviously, was it even a question?

I looked at that girl again. I don't know what was about her that I couldn't get my eyes off her. She had beautiful Y/H/C hair. She wasn't dressed up fancy but still looked good. And she was sad.

"Order 4 more," Meredith said and that forced me to look in the other direction.

"You sure?"

"Yes, Amelia, I want more."

I got out to the bar table, "4 more, Joe." He wanted to say something but just nodded.

"Rough day?" I heard an unfamiliar voice and turned to where the sound was coming from. It was that girl, the one that was staring at me earlier.

"Kinda," I shrugged, "are you okay?"

"Will be," she gave me a weak smile.

"Well okay then," I said grabbing the shots and heading back to Meredith.

What the hell is with me? Why all my thoughts are about her?

There was definitely something about her that I couldn't describe.

I need to go talk to h-

"I'm ready, take me home," Meredith said trying to stand up. She was drunk. I mean really drunk.

Not today, I guess. But I need to find her again.

__________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.5K 1.2K 59
Owen was married for 10 years to his high school sweetheart, they had two little girls together. Olivia was the oldest, she was 8, and Sophia was 5...
84.3K 1.5K 125
You are Y/n Sloan, little sister of Mark Sloan. You are 26 years old and have been in the army helping out doctors as you wanted to help others after...
780 49 16
Amelia breaks off her engagement with James and fleas to Seattle after having a moment of weakness and sleeping with her ex and the father of her chi...
1.2M 29.4K 70
"I don't get it." He shook his head at me, his frustration clear in his eyes. "Why can't you just let yourself be happy, for once?" "What makes you t...