WHEELCHAIR [니키] ᴇɴ⁃

By dwlskysoo

A story of a girl was facing a critical accident in her life, was needed to be in the wheelchair because of t... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
EPILOGUE
SPECIAL CHAPTER

21

36.5K 3.1K 8.6K
By dwlskysoo

Riki looked into her eyes as he was surprised after listening to her answer. Jangmi shifted her gaze away from Riki, so that guy would never see her tears that were about to drop on her cheeks. Those 10 wishes, she just wanted to do with him and never in her life, she thought of another guy to replace him but at the same time, she was hurting a lot because of the one-sided love.

She was crying for a few hours last night because of those videos, she doesn't want to feel that kind of feeling again. She kept reminded to herself that Riki was hiding their friendship because he was ashamed to be with her- that's one of the reasons. She wanted him to be comfortable with her in front of his other friends without needed to pretend like they didn't know each other.

"Jangmi, I still want to be with you. I don't want us to end this way."

He kneels again and cupped her face making her looked at him,
"Please no."

Jangmi sniffed her nose and wiped her tears,
"Get home safely." She put his hand away and gently pushed him away, so he would give her way to leave.

"I don't understand. Is it because of the accident? I told you, Jangmi. I searched for you-"

"Thank you for offering yourself to do the wishlist with me. We just made half of them but I was already happy with it. You are such a nice guy-"

Riki shook his head, "No. No matter what happens, I still want to do it with you. I want to do it until you get to walk again."

Jangmi suddenly received a call from Taewoo- she looked at it for a long time and answered the call right in front of Riki.

"Wait at the gate. I'm on my way." Jangmi ended the call and smiled at Riki before pushing her wheelchair.

"Jangmi, do you want to hear the truth from me?"

"How did I feel when the first time I met you?"

"How did I feel when I was spending time with you?"

"How do I feel when I saw your face?"

Jangmi stopped her wheelchair, didn't turn her wheelchair to face him.

Riki took a deep breath and walked closer to her, "Cho Jangmi."

"My wheelchair girl."

"I have a deep feeling-"

"Jangmi, have you seen Riki?" Hwayoung interrupted from nowhere and ran towards the classroom, searching for Riki.

Jangmi looked at Hwayoung who was standing in front of her while Hwayoung chuckled when her eyes met Riki.

Jangmi took a glance at him,
"Hwayoung is here. Enjoy your time with her."

Riki bit his lips and brushed his hair out of his face when Jangmi left him for real.

_______________________

"Jangmi, can you go out?"

Jangmi didn't reply to him, just listening to his voice from the phone. She pushed her wheelchair to the huge window of her house and was surprised when she saw him in front of the gate, holding two bowls of food on one hand- Riki saw her too and smiled sweetly,

He put down the bowl, waved his hand to her.
"Why are you watching me? You should open the door for me." He said and looked at her from the gate.

He suddenly sat on the ground and unwrapped the food, mixing the sauces with the noddle making Jangmi lost her words and was confused about what he was planning to do.

He switched the call to the speaker and put his phone on the ground before continue eating the food.
"Jangmi, it's delicious. You should taste this with me."

Riki chuckled again and she just listened to him by the call, still looking at him. He looked at her, showed the bowl, and asked her to join him.

"Jangmi, I bought this for you. It's Jjangmyeon. Our favorite."

"Jangmi, do you remember when you were hospitalized? I brought this food for you and we ate it secretly." Riki laughed.

"I still remember when we got caught that day. The nurse was so mad at me but I was holding my laugh because she looks so ugly."

"Jangmi, this is so delicious. Let's eat with me."

Jangmi cleared her throat,
"Riki, just go home..." She closed the curtain and went to her room again.

"Jangmi, I miss you."

"It's okay if you don't want to eat with me, but Jangmi-"

"Can you just look at me from the window until I finish my food?"

"Please stay there. Seeing you from far make me good."

Jangmi muted the call and wiped her tears.
She just listened to him and opened the curtain, looked at him again.

As soon as his eyes met her, he smiled sweetly and waved his hand to her.

"Jangmi, you're so beautiful."

"No one could beat your beauty."

"No one."

_________________

The next day, Jangmi went to school as usual. Taewoo was the one who greeted her,
he ran towards her with a paper bag in his hand. As he stood in front of her, he kneels and took out a yellow hoodie. He wrapped it around Jangmi making her confused more.

"What are you doing...?"

"What am I doing? Protecting you, of course." He fixed it and chuckled, looked at her eyes.

"I have mine too." He took out the yellow hoodie, the same brand, and design as her, and wore it, "How do I look?"

Jangmi smiled and fixed his hoodie,
"You look good now."

He then stood up, held the handle before pushing her wheelchair through the hallway.

"Jangmi, how do you feel now?"

"Not good..."

"Wanna have fun?"

Jangmi tilted her head to look at Taewoo.
Taewoo suddenly pushed her wheelchair at speed making her screamed. Jangmi screamed more when Taewoo almost knocks on other students. At the same time, a discipline teacher saw them and told them to stop playing around but Taewoo refused.

"Both of you come here!"

"Taewoo, what should we do?" Jangmi asked him nervously. He fastened the wheelchair causing them to almost bumped into the wall.

Jangmi finally laughed.

"Let's play again." Taewoo took a deep breath before pushing the wheelchair. Suddenly, he stopped when they almost bumped into Riki.

Jangmi was still laughing, didn't realize that Riki was there.

"Taewoo, again again!" She laughed and stopped as she gasped for breathing.

"That's so funny."

"Did you see the way the teacher try to chase us? His big stomach was-" Jangmi suddenly shut her mouth when she saw Riki.

She cleared her throat, shifted her gaze away.

"Move. You are blocking our way." Taewoo spoke up but Riki ignored him, slowly walked towards Jangmi.

"How are you today, Jangmi? Do you feel good again?"

Jangmi looked at Taewoo,
"We should stop now. I need to finish my homework."

Taewoo nodded,
"Let me send you to the classroom."

Riki watched them leaving and clenched his fist,

________________________________

"Bogum, I hate you!" Hwayoung screamed as Bogum pushed her into the pool. It was swimming class, so they needed to go to the swimming pool. While waiting for the teacher to arrive, they decided to play around first.
Jangmi was there too but since she didn't allow to get into the pool, she was just watching them from far.

Jangmi forced herself to stop missing Riki but her heart wouldn't do that and it honestly upset her a lot. She looked at Riki who was just done changing his uniform to a black swimming suit. He went into the hall and went towards his friends- every eye couldn't stop looking at him because he looks so mesmerizing, especially  Hwayoung.

Riki took a glance at Jangmi and their eyes met but she broke it off.

"Hwayoung drown in the water! Riki help him!"

Hwayoung splashed the water to Bogum and Jangmo, telling them to stop. Yunjin smiled evilly as an idea came through his mind.

He laid on the floor, shutting his eyes. Bogum saw that and understood the assignment.

"Hwayoung, wake up."

"Hwayoung." Bogum held his laugh as he was pretending to be Riki.

Everyone was laughing except Jangmi and Riki.

Bogum pumped Yunjin's chest and pretended to do the CPR.
Yunjin opened his eyes,

"Riki, thank you for saving me." He pretended to be Hwayoung.

Jangmi sighed heavily and toyed with her fingers instead of thinking of those hurtful moments.

"Stop. It's not funny."

"Why? The kiss is-"

Riki suddenly grabbed Yunjin and pulled his suit making everyone widened their eyes. Bogum saw that and tried to stop Riki but he pushed Bogum into the water.

"We are playing around!" Yunjin groaned.

"I told you to stop."

"Since when did you become this sensitive-"

Riki pushed his friend into the water strongly and clenched his fist as he got so mad at them for bringing up that.

"I'm out," Riki said coldly and left the hall making everyone became scared.

_________________________

Jangmi was staying at the balcony alone after the class was done. The pain in her heart starts to grow more when everyone kept talking about the video. The moment Yunjin and Bogum mimicked the scene- she lost her words and was crying in silence without no one realize it. Her eyes were puffy from crying a lot, so she decided to calm herself on the balcony before going into the classroom again.

At the same time, Riki was walking through the hallway. He was finally showed himself after ditching the swimming class earlier. He brushed his hair out of his face and stopped when he spotted Jangmi.

He walked towards her and stopped when Taewoo approached her.

They were wearing the same hoodie and it made him pissed off as hell.

His eyes caught Taewoo's hand was wrapping around Jangmi's shoulder. Taewoo stood closer to her and smiled whenever she looked at him.

"I can't wait to do the fifth wish with you, Jangmi."

Riki watched them in silence.

"And after that, let's start again."

Taewoo reached out his hand to Jangmi, waiting for her to hold it.

"No. No."

Jangmi lowered her gaze and slowly held his hand-

"Thank you, Jeon Taewoo."

Riki clenched his fist and took a step toward them but Taewoo caught him.

"Jangmi.."He called her.

"Let's go, Jangmi."
She nodded without realizing Riki was there.

"Let's go."

Riki saw them leaving and sighed heavily,

"Maybe, I have to let you go this time."

-

don't forget to vote and comments()

thank you for reading

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

284K 14.7K 37
"You are a vampire, and so are your friends." Jake's life was perfectly normal and happy, until him and his two friends Jungwon and Sunoo are forced...
674K 31.6K 34
(Bad Boy AU) „𝐻𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘𝑠 ℎ𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑙𝑦 𝑜𝑓 ℎ𝑖𝑚𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓" Who thought that the school's bad boy would fall for someone like her |Fir...
194K 7.8K 29
It all started when the girl lend the crying boy her umbrella on a rainy day, who knew she had the ability to fix his broken heart? - enemies to love...
292K 12K 66
❝𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘶𝘵 𝘶𝘱 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴 𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦...❞ A story about a girl who has a crush on the school's heartthrob ever since...