Aurora Barbossa (A Pirates of...

By Melanie_Rosen

Jack Sparrow was not the only one who made a deal with Davy Jones to become Captain of the Black Pearl. Barbo... More

Chapter 1 Loyalty
Chapter 3 Bootstrap's Suspicions
Chapter 4 A Daughter's Betrayal
Chapter 5 First Recruit
Chapter 6 Jack Sparrow
Chapter 7 Sea Mistress
Chapter 8 Father Daughter Reunion
Chapter 9 My Plan For Freedom
Chapter 10 Nightmares
Chapter 11 The Heart That Rules the Seas
Chapter 12 A Necessary Betrayal
Chapter 13 The Nightmare Returns
Chapter 14 New Plan
Chapter 15 Curiosity
Chapter 16 Escape
Chapter 17 Reunited
Chapter 18 Treachery
Chapter 19 Journey to the Locker
Chapter 20 Lady Becket
Chapter 21 Maternal Verses Paternal Advice
Chapter 22 Return to the Dutchman
Chapter 23 The Right Thing
Chapter 24 Prepare for Battle
Chapter 25 Fear Death
Chapter 26 Part of the Ship
Epilogue

Chapter 2 On Board the Black Pearl

20.3K 502 83
By Melanie_Rosen

Chapter 2

On Board the Black Pearl

Floating about the seas I sat enclosed in a wooden chest, holding in my hand the map leading to the Aztec gold. Davy Jones explained to me what I must do to prove myself. He wanted me to lead the pirates of the Black Pearl to the gold so they would receive this deadly curse. If I succeed then I would prove myself worthy. This should not be difficult for me. After all Captain Barbossa, my father, gave me to Davy Jones so he could be captain, so to me, this will be payback.

I felt the chest being lifted up. Remaining crouched inside, I tried my best not to make a sound. As I went back down, I experienced a bump hitting the floor of whatever ship this is. I hope it is the Black Pearl.

“A chest!” I heard a voice exclaim. “What’d you suppose is inside, treasure?”

“It better be treasure,” Another voice chimed in. “After the chest of rotten vegetables we picked up last time no one takes us seriously anymore.”

I heard a light thump followed by someone scrambling around.

“Damn, I dropped my eye again,” who I suspected to be the scrambling one groaned.

“You’re always losing that thing. Can’t you find a way to keep it in?” The other one demanded in exasperation.

“Maybe there’s a better eye in that chest, you think?”

“I don’t think there’s another eye for you in the chest!”

I huffed impatiently. Will they ever open this damn thing?

“What’d think is inside? I hope nothing bad.”

“How bout we open it and see for ourselves. What could be bad, besides those vegetables?”

Finally, the lid lifted and above me stood two men, one tall with a wooden eye, the other shorter with a straggly beard. They both gawked down at me.

“Say, Pintel,” the wooden eyed man said. “It’s a little girl.”

The other pirates gathered around to see. With caution, I climbed out of the chest, still grasping the map.

“Whatcha doing in there?” Pintel asked me.

“I ran away,” I answered quietly. “Where is the captain?”

“What would a little girl want with the captain of the Black Pearl,” a tall dark pirate demanded.

“That’s between me and him,” I stated firmly. “Will you just get him for me?”

Several of the crew laughed, while the one stated. “Alright, I’ll get him for ya. We’ll see what Captain Barbossa has to say bout this one.”

The tall pirate disappeared shortly returning with who I assumed to be Captain Barbossa, wearing quite a big hat with a monkey on his shoulders.

“And what do we have hear?” Barbossa asked gazing down at me, a hint of recognition in his eyes. He muttered, “Is that…?”

“This girl came out of the chest and said she wanted to speak with you,” a pirate explained.

Barbossa still gawked at me, awed. “Who are you?”

I smiled, trying not to appear too mischievous. “Don’t you recognize me?” I took in a deep breath before adding, “I am after all, your daughter.”

“Aurora, it really be you?” my father asked, bending down on one knee.

“I thought I recognized her,” the wooden eyed pirate declared.

“If you recognized her, Regetti, why didn’t you say something?” Pintel demanded.

“I wasn’t sure. It was a few years ago since we saw her last,” Regetti defended. “She was even smaller then.”

“What were ya doing in that chest,” Barbossa asked putting his hand on my shoulder. “Where be your mother? Does she know you’re out here?”

My mother? Why would he think I was with her? He should know very well where I have been.

I figured best just play along. “I ran away. I grew sick of living on land so I left her. I want to live at sea, with you.”

He turned his glance to my hands. “What’s that you got there?”

I held the map more tightly. “If you don’t mind, I’d rather discuss it alone.

Captain Barbossa beamed. “How can I be saying no to me own daughter. Lets go.”

He took my hand and led me to a room in the ship. We sat at the table across one, another. The monkey remained on his shoulder

“Well, I must say, Aurora,” my father began. “I never thought I’d be seeing you again, after the way your mother left. Do you remember?”

“A little.” The truth was the only thing I could remember about the last time I was on this ship was a lot of shouting between my parents, followed by my mother grabbing me and sailing off with me in the lifeboat.

“I still don’t understand.” Barbossa leaned back in his chair. “She left right after I became captain. I thought that be what she wanted. I’ll never understand that woman.”

She was probably upset about the deal he made with Davy Jones. I dared not say this out loud. However, I am still confused why he seems to be under the impression that I was with my mother. Perhaps he just assumed she made it safely to land with me.

“So tell me, Aurora, what’s that you got there?” he asked once again eyeing the map.

“It’s a map to the Aztec gold.”

His eyes lit up, shining down at me. “How did you come across such a valued item such a that?”

I smiled. “I am your daughter, am I not? Piracy is in my blood.”

“How bout I take a look at that map?”

I held it out. The monkey ran across the table, taking it, then gave it to Barbossa.

“Thank you, Jack.” Barbossa took the map examining it.

“You named your monkey Jack?” I asked curiously.

“In honor of our previous captain, Jack Sparrow,” he explained while still looking at the map.

Jack Sparrow. I had heard of him, but never had a chance to meet him. Davy Jones talked about him quite a bit, always saying that one day he will have Jack’s soul forever on the Dutchman. I am actually looking forward to that day. I’ve heard so many interesting things about Jack Sparrow, one being that after my father left him on an island, he escaped on sea turtles. Sea turtles! I have to meet this man.

I looked over to my father and asked, “So what so you say? Are we going after this treasure?”

“Aye, you bet.”

“Does this mean I will become a real pirate?” I asked eagerly perched up on my chair.

“But of course. You are the captain’s daughter after all, and you’ve found something more valuable than anyone here has. I can definitely tell you’re a pirate at heart, whether your mother likes it or not.” He stood up, walked over to me and took my hand. “Come, let’s tell the crew the good news.”

I followed him out to the main deck. I can’t believe how perfectly the plan is working. Since Barbossa seemed to truly think I have been with Mama this whole time, it was even easier to fool him. He did not suspect a thing. Davy Jones will be ever so proud when I successfully lead these pirates to the cursed treasure.

“Gentlemen,” Barbossa announced grabbing the crew’s attention. “How would you like to go find the Aztec gold?”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.8K 1.3K 24
[COMPLETE] Visiting your grandparents for a week, when your grandfather's painting comes to life and draws (YOU) into the world of "Pirates of the Ca...
3.1K 67 9
It's been two years since the events of Curse of the Black Pearl. Still mourning her father Narcissa Barbossa must now rise to the challenge and carr...
9.3K 213 13
Blair hasn't seen her father, Captain Jack Sparrow in 11 years, what will happen when they finally reunite after all that time. This story takes pla...
12.5K 323 9
Years after the events of At Worlds End, Jack and Annette find each other once again. They team up with Blackbeard, one of the most fearsome pirates...