Let Me In || Jungwon

By bluexpoem

The youngest son of of one of the richest families in Korea meets the housekeeper's quirky daughter. Will she... More

1 - Let Me In Your Kingdom
2 - Rich Girl
3 - The School
4 - Troublemaker
5 - Suspicious
6 - Curry Anyone?
7 - Eyes on You
8 - My Heart Is All Weird
9 - Unforgiven
10 - Melting The Ice
11 - Heart is For Sale
12 - What Are We?
13 - Liar Liar Pants On Fire
14 - The Truth Untold
15 - Some
16 - Pucker Up
17 - Enough
18 - The Existence of You to Me
19 - Let Me In Your Heart
20 - Love Language
21 - Enemies Forever
22 - I'll protect you
23 - Sweet & Sour
24 - You're My Warmth
25 - Hello Ghost?!
26 - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
27 - Blue
28 - My Biggest Supporter
29 - Moving On
31 - Scouted
32 - Through the Night
33 - You, Me, Us
34 - Together Always...?
35 - Still With You
Will there be a sequel??
The Sequel Is Out!!

30 - Meet Him Among Them

4.7K 229 347
By bluexpoem

- Jungwon PoV -

I lean on the wall watching Sunni wash the dishes as she whistles to a song happily. 

He planned on murdering Ms. Kim

What my mom said is what I initially thought, but for her to actually confirm puts a sour taste in my mouth. My father is evil, probably more evil than the devil.

I'm glad Ms. Kim is still alive, because I couldn't imagine seeing this light fade out. It would be heartbreaking. 

It puts a few weights off my shoulders knowing mom is going to divorce dad. She said it's going to be a whole process, but we'll escape. Knowing that makes me think about what Sunni was telling me.

I quietly sneak up behind Sunni and wrap my arms around her.

"Yang Jungwon~" She says cutely.

"Mm?" I place my chin on the top of her head.

"You know I love you, right?" She questions. All of a sudden?

"Mhm," I answer then placing my head on her shoulder.

She turns her head to look at me. 

"And you love me?" She questions softly.

I nod looking into her eyes.

She suddenly turns her whole body around and grabs me by the collar.

"Then tell me your secret little plan of yours Yang Jungwon!" She demands.

I thought I'd never see this feisty attitude again.

I put my hands up as she squints her eyes at me. 

"I'm not telling you until you act nice," I answer.

She immediately lets go of my collar and straightens my shirt out softly.

"Oppa!~" She suddenly does aegyo. "Will you tell me your plans? Please please please?~"

I look at her up and down.

Not after that...

I start to walk away from her but she grabs my arm.

"Ya!" She yells. 

"I said act nice.. not... disturbing," I frown at her.

"Why? You don't like me calling you oppa?~" She does her aegyo and starts to "cutely" hit my chest.

"Hmm?" she lets out with a pout as she hits me again.

I scoff. Gosh, she's really nutty. I love her.

- Sunni PoV -

After Jungwon helps me wash the dishes, even though he almost broke a few, we come back to the guest bedroom where we're seated facing each other.

Jungwon's mother went to the store to pick up fruit with halmeoni, so it's just us two. 

Perfect for him to tell me his little plan.

What are you not telling me Yang Jungwon?

"Okay!" He claps his hands together. "I think I may know a way for you to trigger your mom's memories."

My eyes widen from his response. I don't know what I was expecting? I guess I felt like he was playing around with me, but... he wasn't.

"Jungwon..." I quietly say.

 They say men raised by their grandmothers are the most precious. Jungwon just proved that statement.

"You're going to sing for her and the hospital," he drops.

"Eh?!" Okay, maybe precious but still annoying.

"Why the hospital? Can't it just be my mom?" I question.

"Listen listen..." he says using his hands to calm me down. "Performing for the hospital gives you a bigger space since her room is too small. We can put decorations and everything. Also, if it does trigger her memories, she can see how many people love your singing, and it could maybe change her perception on you becoming an idol."

I take back the annoying. Totally and utterly precious.

Before I can say anything he puts his finger up.

"You can sing by yourself. You've done it before, you can do it again," he says always ahead of me.

"But Jungwon...."

"Nope!" He crosses his arms in an X.

"You already have your mom on your side... if she sees you sing she'll feel more  prone to encourage you," I say giving him the same energy.

His eyebrows twitches.

"Plus... do it for me!" I say putting my hands together in a prayer. "Crowds are so nerve wracking!"

He lets out a sigh and looks down. 

Please oh please oh please!

"Fine," he lets out making me jump up to do my little dancey dance.

He laughs seeing me wiggle my arms and twist my legs.

"Come on!" I grab his hands and stand him up to forcefully dance with me with no music.

We both dance weirdly as we pretend to have a dance battle. 

Of course, I'm winning! Duh! Did we forget who I am?

Even the amazing Yang Jungwon can't beat my noodle arms!

Suddenly, Jungwon grabs my hand and twirls me into a hug.

Very smooth...

I look up to him as we're both unbelievably out of breath. We were just playing around yet we got a workout out of it.

We smile at each other.

"Thank you," he says. "Thank you..."

After enjoying the fruit halmeoni brought and cut for us, it was already time for bed!

"I'll sleep with my grandma," Jungwon says leaning on the door frame of the guest bedroom. 

"You sure? I can always sleep in the living room," I suggest looking up at him.

He shakes his head and pats my head gently.

"Good night~" he says before giving me a soft kiss on my forehead. 

He walks backwards as he heads to his grandmother's room. 

Ah, he's obsessed with me. 

I close the door behind me and start getting ready for bed. I put my hair in my usual sprout and change into corgi pajamas.

I whistle to dlwlrma by IU as I lay the comforter on the floor.

"Kim Sunni..."

I jump, startled at the sudden the voice. 

I turn around to see Mrs. Yang standing at the door. 

What could she possibly want?

*******

I'm laying down tucked in looking up at the ceiling as I go over the conversation I had  with Mrs. Yang...

It was a conversation that I never would have thought I'd have with her. 

First, I never thought Elizabeth the queen would ever apologize for anything. She told me she's working on herself and that she promises she'll become a better person.

People don't change over night, so It'll personally take time for me to accept her apology. After all she put my mom and Jungwon through, takes more than an apology to fix it.

I do have to give it to her though. She seemed sincere...

Not only that, she told me that I'm a good person. For sticking with Jungwon and helping him uplift his spirits. 

You are who you surround yourself with, but I think Jungwon just needed to break out of his shell. He's naturally a charismatic person, but his trauma was holding him back.

She asked me about Jungwon though... and how he acts with me. Kind of awkward not going to lie, but she seemed happy about all the details I was telling her.

She told me she's looking to move out of their home and relocate somewhere else. I'm kind of hoping she considers coming over on my side of Seoul, just so me and Jungwon would stay close.

Suddenly, the door to my room slides open.

Did Mrs. Yang come back?

I adjust my eyes to the person. 

"Jungwon!?"

I sit up as Jungwon shuffles his way to my side with his own pillow and lays down. 

I look at him shocked. Why the hell is this kid here?

I watch him as he puts his pillow behind his head and grabs my blanket to cover himself.

"Ya!" I shout.

He presses his finger to his ear, "Kim Sunni, I'm trying to sleep."

"Go sleep with halmeoni! What are you even doing here? Your mom would throw a fit if she knew-"

"She's the one who told me to come in here," he cuts me off.

Oh?

"W-Well, I'm just going to sleep in the living room then!" I start to get up but he pulls me back down. 

"It's the 21st century, I think it's fine for a boy and girl to sleep in the same room together," he says.

"Pft," I let out laying on my side looking at him. "My dad is rolling in his grave!"

He sighs with his eyes still closed. 

"Do you want me to build a pillow wall? Will that make you feel better!?" He turns his head and opens his eyes to look at me.

"I'm a gentleman and your boyfriend!" He lets out annoyed. 

I bite my lip trying to hold in my laugh.

He smacks his lips, "I'm just a joke to you huh.."

"Eyy," I let out slightly pushing him. "Why did your mom tell you to come in here though?"

He shrugs, "She just told me to. I guess she didn't want to sleep in the living room and wanted to sleep with halmeoni."

"She could've slept with you and halmeoni, plus...you know how she's so traditional, she would've told you to take her spot on the couch," I say.

"Actually.." Jungwon starts to say. "She didn't tell me to come in here."

My eyebrows raised up.

"She was going to join me and halmeoni, but I felt too uncomfortable," he confesses looking up at the ceiling. "So, while they both were sleeping, I snuck over here...."

He then looks over at me, "If you want me to go sleep in the living room, I'll go."

I reach for his hand and hold it. 

I give him a soft smile. "As long as you don't do anything sus," I say squinting my eyes.

"Oh my god!" He says in English face palming himself.

I laugh as he then gets on his side to face me. 

We stare at each other in silence as he caresses my hand with his thumb.

"By the way," I pause. "You never told me you were allergic to cats."

"Huh?" he lets out with his eyes wide.

"Don't put up a front," I say. "You should've told me... you were probably suffering every time Toto was near."

"It's not severe... ," he assures. "But... who told you?"

"I... um had a talk with your mom earlier," I inform. 

"Oh..." he lets out softly. "I guess she made her rounds." I agree nodding slowly.

He then pulls me a little closer to him. 

Didn't I tell this kid no funny business?

"I like cats over dogs, so don't worry about me," he says sweetly.

"What about maeumi?" I question him.

"Maeumi?" He furrows his eyebrows. 

"Maeumi..." I repeat. "Your dog!"

"Ahh!" He lets out. "Maeumi!!"

I shake my head in disbelief, "You do not deserve him."

He shakes his head, "I don't, but he still loves me a lot."

He scoots closer to me now.

"Yang Jungwon, keep your distance," I warn. 

"It's so dark, I need to see your face," he defends.

"It's so dark because we need to sleep," I say.

"Or we can stay up a little bit longer," He suggests.

Even though I was beyond tired, I stayed up talking with Jungwon. I've come to realize that maybe I should shut up more often because boy... he can sure talk. We switched roles for tonight.

We talked for hours about music, our favorite fantasy romance movies, about different entertainment companies and which ones we'll love to be in.

Jungwon said he would like to go to Big Hit where BTS is at. I said I would want to go there too...

We talked more about how we're going to execute our plan of singing for my mom. He said we'll at least need a week, I agreed. 

It's reminding me of the talent show and how we prepared for it. Jungwon knows how to properly plan something out and doesn't stress under pressure whenever something goes wrong. He's a natural born leader. 

I looked at the time and noticed it was 3 AM.

"We should go to sleep," I say tired.

"I'm not sleepy," Jungwon says with his eyes slowly blinking. Yea, right buddy!

"I am," I say as my eyes begin to close.

"I don't want tonight to end," he says as he then starts to caress my cheek. "I like talking to you like this."

"I promise we'll do this again," I say softly.

"Promise?" He holds out his pinky.

I link my pinky with his and lock it.

"Promise."

*******

1 Week Later

"Ya.. Jungwon's downstairs," Yuni says as she walks in my room.

"Oh, really?" I question quickly brushing my hair. 

Today is probably one of the most important days of my life. Me and Jungwon put in so much effort for my mom. I hope it pays off.

Throughout the week, Jungwon made calls through "his people" and was able to get us cute decorations and a little area in the hospital where we can perform.

Though it's been a week, my mom still hasn't regained her memory, but she was able to go into a normal ward with other patients. 

Jungwon, Mrs. Yang, and his grandmother are staying at one of the hotels they own as Mrs. Yang is secretly moving things out of their mansion. So far, we  haven't heard of Mr. Yang.

He's been quiet. Too quiet.

He's an issue that's only in the back of my mind though. 

Me and Jungwon practiced straight after school. We'll come back here to my room and sing sing sing! It was nice hearing his voice after a long time.

I think Yuni and Jungwon are officially friends, especially since Yuni doesn't seem so jealous anymore. I think she has a secret boo. 

She closes the shop early, she started to wear make up, and her mood is very giddy nowadays. Usually I'm the giddy one and she's the calm one. Someone is definitely giving her that spark.

I guess it's a good thing since me and Jungwon stay up till almost 3 or 4 AM. He sometimes sleeps over.

I feel like he truly never sleeps. 

"Kim Sunni, you stay having that boy waiting," she says as she stares at me finishing getting ready.

I grab the first coat near me and put it on. It's kind of thin, but I don't have time to pick one out.

"I can't help it! We stay up so late and have to wake up so early! I feel like he's some kind of vampire or something. How is he never tired?!" I complain.

I turn towards her and she gives me thumbs up.

"See you later! You're coming to the hospital right?" I question as I'm about to head downstairs.

"Of course... and..." she pauses making me stop walking. "I'm going to bring a friend..."

"Eyyy," I let out wiggling my eyebrows. "See you!"

I quickly head down stairs to see Jungwon wearing his teddy bear coat, a scarf, and a beanie. 

December is right around the corner huh...

He looks at me up and down. Gosh, is he going to be nice or sassy today?

"What are you wearing?" He asks me.

"Huh?" I look down at myself. 

"It's really cold outside," he says concerned.

I shrug it off. "Lets just go!" I say about to walk out the café but he pulls me back.

"Ya.." my voice fades as he suddenly takes off his scarf and wraps it around my neck.

"You'll get sick," he mumbles as he adjusts the scarf on me.

"I'm fine! What about you? Your neck is going to be cold," I then say.

He shakes his head, "I'm fine, it's you I have to worry about..." he says like I'm some kind of kid that needs supervising.

He's one to talk! I'm always worried he might trip over literally nothing and hurt himself!

His eyes wander around my face before taking his beanie off.

"Here," he quietly says putting the beanie on me.

"Yang Jungwon, I don't need this," I say trying to get the beanie off of me, but he tugs it down.

"Shh," he grabs my cheeks and squishes them. 

He smiles at me sweetly before letting go of my cheeks and grabs my hand.

"Lets go!~"

*******

I look at the small stage nervous. 

People pass by looking at it weirdly since it's  in the middle of the main center. We're only performing one song, but I just feel my nerves getting the best of me.

What if mom's memory really doesn't come back?

I'll always talk to her when I come visit her. She barely talks to me since I'm basically like a stranger to her.

I just really want my mom back.

Jungwon approaches me smiling. 

I take a deep breath in and out.

If anything, I still have halmeoni, Ms. Go, Yuni... and him...

His smile fades away when he gets closer to me.

"What's wrong?" He questions with his eyes wandering around my face.

I shake my head, "Just really nervous."

He puts his hands on his shoulders, "Everything will be fine, okay?"

I nod making his lips turn into a smile.

His face then gets closer to mines.

Is he going to kiss me?

I close me eyes ready for all the lip action...

But I then hear him giggle. 

I slowly open his eyes to him laughing. What the...

"You have an eyelash on your cheek," he says trying to hold back his laugh but is obnoxiously failing.

He picks it up and shows me the eyelash.

I scoff embarrassed. I really thought he was going to kiss me since it's been a while...

"It's okay, I know I'm irresistible," he teases smiling.

I scoff again. Why do I keep giving him opportunities to tease me?

He looks at the eyelash then looks back at me.

"You want to make a wish?" He asks me.

I gasp. "You're actually going to let me make a wish this time?!"

"Not if you're too slow-"

"Okay okay okay," I hurriedly say as I gently grab the eyelash.

I close my eyes, having my wish on replay in my head.

I blow away the eyelash wishing...

that my mom becomes my mom again...

*******

I get ready on stage with Jungwon, as a few patients start to gather around. 

"Where's mom?" I question to myself worried as I sit down on the stool.

"She'll be here," Jungwon assures me as he sits down also.

Just like he said, Ms. Go rolls my mom in a wheel chair with halmeoni by their side. This is going to be the first time halmeoni hears me sing.

I then see Mrs. Yang and Jungwon's grandmother sneak in quietly. 

She actually came.

The time ticks down for us to start, and lastly, Yuni joins the audience with a familiar face.

"Jake?!" I question loud enough for Jungwon to hear.

"Jake hyung?" Jungwon looks at me confused.

I nod my head towards the audience where the puppy face boy was standing smiling ear to ear.

I let out a small laugh.

"So that's the guy she's been seeing," I say to myself.

Jungwon taps my leg signaling me to start the little show.

I clear my throat before bringing the mic to my mouth.

"Hello everyone," I greet shyly. "This song is dedicated to someone who went through everything for me, and I hope this song reminds her that I'd never let her go..."

I take a pause. "and I hope she doesn't let go of me either." I nod my head towards the sound person.

The song starts off with the beautiful piano medley...

"I wished for fate to bring us so close... now that you're gone my days are useless," I sing the first verse.

Jungwon joins me as the chorus arrives..

"Of all the people, I met you it was like a dream, and the love I got from you.. it was like a miracle, " we harmonize.

Jungwon shines as he sings the second the verse.

I softly smile at him. He was meant to sing.

After the chorus, we go back and forth singing the bridge.

"You used to call my name..." Jungwon starts.

"...with the sweetest voice I know."

"But now I'm just another face," Jungwon closes his eyes as he focuses on the high note.

"And everything I have means nothing to me~" I sing with all my might reaching the highest note I've ever sung.

The piano medley comes again letting us catch a breath before finishing the song.

"Of all the people, we met but parted ways," I slightly pause looking at Jungwon with wide eyes.

Why isn't he singing? We're supposed to sing together on this part.

"You can do it," he mouths then smiles.

"Maybe we'll meet again someday," I continue to sing hesitantly.

But I look at my mom.. who's staring at me...

"If we were meant to be... It'll.. be a miracle," I finish in a falsetto. 

The last note ends making everyone erupt with an applause.

"That's my best friend!!" I hear Yuni yell.

"And that's my son!!!"

Me and Jungwon look at each other in shock before looking back at a crying Mrs. Yang.

She claps with all her might and cheers as if no one's watching. She's keeping her promise...

I look at my mom who has an expression of concern on her face. 

I continue to stare waiting for her to yell "that's my daughter" or something, but she doesn't.

I look down at my shoes, biting my lip to hold back my tears. 

It didn't work.

I turn to start walking away until..

"Sunniya!!" I hear a familiar voice yell.

I quickly turn around to see my mom standing up from her wheel chair.

She places both hands on her heart, and I see tears roll down her cheeks.

"Sunniya!"

My lips tremble. 

"Mom!!!" 

I jump off the stage and run to my mom. She opens her arms and hugs me warmly.

"...mom..."

A/N

Hello my loves! We've reached chapter 30!! Ah! I hope you guys really enjoyed this part because I did!

I actually unexpectedly teared up towards the end lol. Just imagining the whole scene just made me ~emotional~

I also highly recommend listening to the song because it not only sets the mood, but it gives you an idea on how they're singing. Also because it's so good! I love Lee Sun Hee!

Till the next chapter~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

400K 23.1K 36
"𝗦𝗵𝘂𝘁 𝘂𝗽 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗶 𝗽𝘂𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗽𝗼𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗵." -- 🚨viewer discretion is advised Content : strong...
93.2K 4.2K 17
One head injury causes Jungkook to act like a child. At first, they were all hesitant on what they'll do with Jungkook, but they realized, he's stil...
1M 55.3K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
46.6K 1.4K 42
"𝐈𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤..... 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞?" Best friends to lovers (slow burn) Started: July 26, 2022 Ende...