THIRST || Vanitas no Carte

alyseiki tarafından

Can Y/N lift the curse of the vampires? A young and fragile human girl wanted to be a detective when she grow... Daha Fazla

0
2.1
2.2
3
4
5.1
5.2
6.1
6.2
7.1
7.2
7.3
8
9.1
9.2
10.1
10.2
END OF S1-CHAPTER 11

1

9K 302 427
alyseiki tarafından

Chapter 1

You went out around La Beliene to look around and you saw a bunch of people crowding at the bulletin board. As the news got posted, vampires became a top topic for humans.

"Whoa, that's scary. Maybe I should bring a silver knife with me at all times." a citizen said.

"Dumbass! That's for ware-wolves." another guy added.

"I thought vampires were already extinct?"

"Mommy, I wanna see one and let him bite me too." a clueless child said.

"Dear, have you lost your brain? You'll be dead if that happens and mommy will be said." her mother said with a worrisome face.

"THE END IS NEAR!" A lunatic person cuts in the conversation of the citizens.

"That's it! Vampires are gonna take revenge."

"You guys believe in such useless fairy tales," one of the bystanders said.

While the people were talking, you looked to your right and you saw a mysterious guy with unique skin color and that caught your attention. You whistled and thought, I gotta say my female hormones have tasted. You slapped yourself so that you can focus but you also had the impression that the guy you saw is suspicious and you decided to follow him.

"Excuse me, hello there! You wanna hang out with us miss?" a guy-looking thug said as he looked at you with perverted eyes.

Haa- I can never understand these human males often do these? You looked at them from top to bottom and deduced their appearance. You gave out a very long sigh and looked at them coldly. One of his friends tried to grab your arm but you suddenly punched him in the face.

"Oy, oy, what was that for?" the thug asked?

"Ahh, that was called self-defense before you could even touch me. You should never touch a woman without her permission," you said while shaking your hand to ease the pain.

"Haha, you don't have to be like that? Let's get to know each other. That'll be fun." the thug smiled as he said that.

You replied, "No need to. I already know who you are."

"You're joking right?" they got confused.

You sighed again and explained, "Your appearance says it all. The bruises in all of your arms are fresh so I conclude that you've gotten a fight 30 minutes earlier before you went in here. You didn't even try to tuck your blouse and you smell like dog poop. This aggressive behavior and your guy over there is continuously vomiting. The enlargement of your pupils or should I say, glassy eyes and dark circles around your eyes only says one thing." You paused for a while and prepared to take out your knife just in case if they attack you. "Drugs. And that logo...from your handkerchief as well, came from the infamous gang group nowadays that Inspector Victor told me about."

They all laughed at you and suddenly became quiet. You looked at them with a serious expression and were about to take out the knife behind your back. The good-looking guy that you saw earlier was gazing upon you as you were about to fight. The thugs all rushed at the same time towards you but you were swiftly taken away. You suddenly closed your eyes when a sudden dash of the wind passed by. From the moment you opened your eyes, they were all gone and besides you was the guy you find appealing.

Meanwhile, the thugs back then got confused and were about to find you but...

"What was that?" the guy who was hitting on you earlier said.

"Dammit, that girl just disappeared with someone. I just know it." another added.

"Umm... boss, we should not try to mess with her." the newly recruited thug replied.

"Haaa? Why not?" the boss said as he has gotten furious.

"She's that young detective everyone's talking about these days. The one who even took down the fourth and fifth district of our crew." the man said sweating nervously.

The gangsters had a moment of silence and agreed to never mess with you again, "I think we should get outta here, right? Nothing happened right?" Everyone nodded as they walked away.

Back to you and the good-looking guy...

You kept your guard up and remained silent while looking at him seriously. You waited for him to speak but he looks at you as if he has some killing intent. You gulped and got nervous. Should I speak? I need to get away as soon as possible, he might be a vampire if I assumed correctly but I should not blow my cover right now. What should I do? He gazed upon you and suddenly he had sparkles all over his eyes.

"What the?" you were left dazed and tried to keep your thoughts together.

"That was awesome! How are you so composed?" The good-looking guy was astonished by your actions and kept praising you.

At this point, you were so confused and got distracted.

"Hold on... Chill out, you.." you paused because you did not know his name yet and you thought it will be weird to just give him nicknames.

"Oh yea, I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Noe Archiviste. I have some business here today so don't need to be afraid of me." He bowed to show respect and kept staring at you as his eyes twinkled by your presence. He grabbed your hand and kissed it as he was introducing himself.

You blushed for a second there, and retrieved your hand back, "Uh, yea. I'm Y/N. Nice to meet you." Noe smiled at you and said, "Y/N, what a lovely name you have." You replied, "Okay, sure, thanks. What do you want with me?"

Noe's cute expression turned into a serious, "Y/N, I have sensed a strong aura around you and my instincts keep telling me that you are not an ordinary human."

Human, you say? Your assumption earlier was right on spot. You smiled and said, "Well, I might or might not be but you're not human yourself, Sr. Noe." your cold expression left the hallway quiet and Noe grimed at you and has gotten a little interest to you. His eyes sparkled back again, "Amazing! So what do you thin-" Before Noe could even finish his sentence there was a sudden crash at the distance. It was about 70 meters away. Your keen vampire senses sensed the vibration and you heard it clearly. As you looked at Noe, he also focused in the same direction and heard the same. You concluded that he really is a vampire.

Without any delay, both of you rushed at a very fast speed to the scene. You saw a woman who was about to collapse and increased your speed. At about 3 seconds, you arrived at caught her before she hits the ground. Noe had arrived at about 0.6 seconds. He got all confused and thought, Are humans this fast these days? She's even got here first.

"So cold. Too cold. I can't handle it much longer." The woman in your arms shivers as he stuttered those words.

"Ma'am! Please keep yourself together." You got worried but the woman was fine after you caught her in her arms. She looked at you and Noe with comfort in her eyes and brought her to the nearest stall so that she could sit.

"Thank you so much for catching me, umm..." the lady said enthusiastically.

You scratched the back of your head and laughed a bit, "Oh, no, it's really okay. I love helping people. I'm Y/N. private detective of Paris' first division at your service." You bowed to greet the woman. As soon as you stated your name, she recognized you right away.

"Oh my! You're detective Y/N?! It's an honor to meet you." she shook your hands happily.

Noe was so lost in thought and wondered what's so great about you. He panicked a little and said, "Ma'am are sure you're okay? And who are you exactly, Y/N? You even outrun me earlier Do you have some special power?" He leaned towards you to get some answers but he was too close and that made your face beet red. You pushed him back to his seat and explained you're in La Beliene for a mission. You didn't explain all the details but you told them that you'll just have to get some bad guys.

You gazed at the woman and asked her name and she answered, "I'm so sorry, I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Amelia."

As Noe also introduced himself, the three of you had a wonderful conversation but you kept on observing the are for any more suspicious events. You then looked at Noe's bag and got curious why it is shaking. You got closer to it and tried to open it.

"No! Y/N! Don't open it." Noe was too late and you opened a bag and a furry cat jumped into you.

Noe sighed, and said, "Murr, don't go pouncing on other people."

"Murr?" you asked.

"Murr! This fluffy fellow will be stuck with me as I go on to Paris so be free to call him by his name. Whaa, I'm so excited!" Noe smiled and had his eyes sparkled with excitement.

After that, Noe got himself talking about his cute moments with Murr and Ms. Amelia laughed and enjoyed his company. Meanwhile, you stood up and walked towards to window to see if you're nearing Paris. Hmm... They should have announced it already if we're nearing Paris. You thought and suddenly an announcement has occurred. Well, they were 1.5 seconds late.

"Mademoiselle Amelia!" You called.

"Yes? Is there something wrong Y/N?" she asked.

"I still wondered why you almost collapse earlier. You looked as if you're going to rampage anytime soon." You were thinking deeply of the situation and realized, Am I overthinking things? Is she also a vampire? Her bruises seemed that she's anemic. If she were a vampire, Noe would also react, since I'm a half-vampire, I couldn't grasp it right away. Oh wait, ha-ha, Noe is having too much fun to even notice. I should just keep an eye on her for the time being.

Noe and Ms. Amelia went to you by the window and adored the magnificent view.

"Wow! Look at that Mademoiselle, we're almost at Paris." Noe cheerfully said.

"Yep, we're so up high that we can enjoy the night sky," Amelia replied.

You kept quiet while smiling at them and looking around the vicinity.

"Mademoiselle Amelia, is that the Eiffel tower?"

"I can't really see it well but no, that's just a building Noe."

"That's sad..." Noe frowned that he couldn't see it.

You grinned at Noe and said, "Haha, Noe, don't be sad, just enjoy this voyage above the skies by the power of Astermite!"

"Oh, well..." Noe is still amusing himself with the view and with Murr.

"Is this your first time in an airship, Sr. Noe?" Amelia asked.

"Yes! Yes! And I'm so excited." Noe's sparkly eyes looked at Amelia like he was awed with inspiration.

"Oh, yea, Y/N, I have been meaning to ask yo-" Noe turned to you but you suddenly vanished.

They got confused but Amelia told Noe that it's normal for a detective to run off to their investigations. Noe understood and they continued with their conversation while admiring the view.

Meanwhile, you hid in a distance and made yourself invisible by using a potion that you personally created to keep an eye on Amelia and Noe. No doubt about it, Amelia is indeed a vampire. She might be cursed but Noe, I wondered what business does he have in Paris? Don't tell me...Is he also looking for Vanitas? His blue grimoire? I may not be sure but if I could join forces with him, we could capture Vanitas easily. Tsk. This is going to be a drag. I need answers and quick.

As they were enjoying the view, Noe told Amelia that they should get off soon. Where is Y/N, I need to find her. Something just doesn't feel right. Noe ought to find you but he never knew that you were there all this time. As they were both walking, Amelia got a chill on her shoulder.

"It's too cold!" Amelia suddenly screamed and you appeared in the nick of time. Amelia took a step back

"Mademoiselle! Argh, I was right!" You yelled to get a response from her.

"What?! Mademoiselle! Your eyes..." Noe was shocked by Amelia's eyes.

"Noe! Do you know about the book of Vanitas? These cursed eyes?!" You rushed Noe into talking.

"You knew?! This is why I wanted to talk about it earlier." Noe panicked as he tried to make Amelia calm down.

"Tsk. Vanitas, he must be here. He's the only reason who could do all this." All the light bulbs shattered and the aircraft has gone into chaos. You prepared your gear for a fight.

"Who are you, Y/N? What do you know about Vanitas?" Noe asked as he was breathing heavily.

"I'll explain later but for now..." you gazed at him at the back while he is holding Amelia and instantly, a man from the window crashed down in front of you.

"How bout' we join forces to get his book?" You smiled as you continued your sentence.

"Is that?" Noe's eyes got all blurry from the smoke.

"I haven't met him yet, but I am 100% sure that this guy is Vanitas." You looked at Vanitas with a cold expression on your face.

"No way..." Now got speechless.

"Hmph. I thought I grabbed you." Vanitas grinned at you

"Let me handle him for now Noe. Take Amelia in a safe place." You hurriedly said.

Vanitas chuckled, "No can do, Mademoiselle. I have business with that woman you are holding." Vanitas pointing his finger at Amelia and Noe.

"Now, Noe!" You yelled.

"No! I'm not leaving you here Y/N? You're just a human. You can't handle him alone. Besides, I'm a vampire I can manage." Noe got worried that you might get hurt.

"Human? Who told you that I was human?" You smirked at them as your eyes changed and you pulled out your magic spear. You coldly looked at Vanitas and said, "I've been waiting for this moment... To take your head will be my greatest achievement."

Vanitas smiled at you and laughed. "I love the look in your eyes. May I know your name?"

You charged right at him without time to spare, "You don't deserve to know my name." You aimed your spear right at his head but you missed about two centimeters to the left. What I never miss is my aim. Rather than miss, he dodged it right off the bat.

He leaned towards your right ear and whispered, "My dear, you have long ways to go." You got annoyed. You pulled your spear out and jumped back.

Noe suddenly gave you Amelia. "What are you doing, Noe?"

Noe gazed at you and said, "Now everything comes together, you're not completely human and Amelia is a vampire. This guy in front of me is Vanitas and wants to retrieve Amelia. I see."

"Good job, genius," you said sarcastically.

"Oh, come on. You should praise me." Noe pouted.

"Uh, no. NOW JUST GET VANITAS ALREADY IF YOU WANT TO SWITCH ROLES!" You yelled at Noe and got impatient.

"Hoo- now who do we have here?" Vanitas smiled softly and asked.

"You don't need to know," Noe said in a straightforward manner.

"I see. I really don't have a business with the both of you, so hand me that woman or you will all be a whole lot of pain." Vanitas looked at you specifically like he was mocking you. You got irritated and wanted to blow a fuse but you kept your composure.

Vanitas strike towards you and Amelia with his dagger but you dodged it and threw Amelia above to avoid her from getting him. Noe instantly catches her and you charged right through Vanitas.

"Hey! I thought I was going to fight him." Noe shouted at you.

"You're too slow Noe, haha" you laughed as you were fighting with Vanitas.

Vanitas was displeased by the sight and pulled you by a wire and rushed into Noe and Amelia.

"Care for a dance?" Vanitas striking his dagger continuously at Noe.

You crashed into a wall and tried to get right back up. You saw Noe dodging Vanitas' hits and looked like he was dancing in a ball. As Vanitas tried to retrieve Amelia, Noe threw her to you and he rushed to Vanitas with his eyes all red and punched his stomach.

Vanitas was flying in mid-air and crashed by some palm trees. Dante came into the scene and said, "Quack, quack. Are you alive doctor?"

Vanitas laughed so hard and said, "I never thought I could feel this much adrenaline."

You gave Amelia to Noe and they retreated. You heard what Dante said and walked towards Vanitas, "Doctor? You? Aren't you a vampire who ought to take revenge against those with crimson eyes? Don't play dumb with me Vanitas." you clenched your fist and got furious.

Vanitas wiped the blood on his face and asked, "Are you... a half-vampire?"

You began to cry, "Tsk. You stole everything from me! I assumed you're out to kill my mother. That's why she disappeared. And now you appear like some good person who says that he's a doctor? To what exactly? Vampires? Humans? Animals? You must be joking! Becoming a vampire gave me 6 months of suffering due to a lack of blood supply. I endured so much so that I won't take blood from others. You can't kill Amelia! I WANNA SAVE HER! I WANNA SAVE ALL VAMPIRES!" You yelled and cried so much in front of Vanitas and Dante. Vanitas was shocked by what you said in the last part and widen his eyes. Dante seemed to get awkward by the situation while Vanitas was looking down on you on the floor.

Vanitas adjusted to your position and hugged you. He stroke your hair and said, "I am awed by your words You want to save Amelia right? Take me to her."

You looked up to him and he wiped the tears off your face. You asked him, "What are you going to do?"

Vanitas smiled once more and leaned his forehead unto yours and said, "You'll see."

Meanwhile, Noe is having some trouble with Amelia.

"I can't. Too cold...so cold... I'm freezing...Noe...I'm cold." Amelia holding unto Noe as he was running to a safe place. As Noe found a place with no people, he placed Amelia.

"I need to go back to Y/N. She needs my help." As Noe was about to leave, Amelia pulled him back. Amelia was already consumed by the dark-looking shadow inside of her. Voices in her head kept telling her to give her true name to them. She couldn't handle it anymore and turned into a bloody vampire.

"Mademoiselle Amelia! Amelia!" Noe kept shouting over and over. Then suddenly, Amelia pulled Noe's blouse off to see his neck. She was ready to bite him until you arrived on time and ran towards her. You pushed her against the wall and she suddenly bit you instead.

You became weak, "Ah, my strength is draining. Mademoiselle...Please get a hold of yourself. It's me!" You tried talking to her but it was useless. Noe looked at you and got paralyzed. He stuttered, "Y/N! No! Y/N!" He was about to rush to you but Vanitas stopped him.

"Vanitas!" Noe looked angry.

"Now, now. You don't have to look at me like that...Noe, was it right? You're a vampire too huh." Vanitas gazed at Noe seriously and turned back to you.

"Haa- I got a little late than expected. She already manifested it. Those black tears dripping down from her eyes and chest. The chills in her body." Vanitas explained. You pulled Amelia from biting you and drew back to Noe.

"Y/N! Are you okay?" Noe got worried.

"Do I look like I'm okay?" You were trying to catch your breath.

"Oh- sorry." Noe looked like a puppy as he said that.

"Now, Vanitas, tell us! How are you going to save her?" You focused your gaze on him.

"Save her? Y/N, I thought Vanitas, the vampire died a long time ago. I really thought he was from the Church's Chasseurs, or a bourreau, or an executioner? What's the meaning of this?" Noe wanted a clear explanation from you but you lost all the strength to explain.

"Shadow briars..." Vanitas said.

"What?" Noe asked.

He pointed at Amelia and said, "Your malnomen is Eglantine, the Prison of Briars. The ruined remains of a true name corrupted by maladies. In other words..."

"Her name was corrupted." you continued.

"Exactly."

"Okay..now..Vanitas..." you said slowly, "NOW SAVE HER ALREADY!" you yelled. You were in Noe's arms as you both witness a remarkable display of Vanitas taking out his grimoire and healed Amelia completely.

"Non!" he shouted. He held Amelia in his arms and said, "Your light is your own. Come back to us. Your true name is Florifel. A maiden who guides spring." You looked at them and suddenly felt annoyed but happy at the same time since Amelia turned back to normal.

"Flori-fel." Florifel stuttered.

Vanitas gazed at you and smiled softly, "What's your name?"

You hesitated to say your own name.

"Y/N! Her name is Y/N!" Noe just burst out saying your name while he was astonished by Vanitas. "Vanitas, what did you do?" he asked.

"I'm a doctor. I'm a specialist for all vampires and like you Y/N, I wanna save everyone! Including you." he walked towards you. He leaned his face slowly to you. You widen your eyes and got butterflies all over your stomach. Vanitas whispered to you softly, "Are you thirsty?"

Your eyes turned red and faded instantly as the cops arrived. Vanitas smiled and walked back.

"Y/N! Are you okay?" Inspector Victor came to the scene.

"Now then.." Vanitas grabbed Noe and jumped into the hole in the wall that was created by the chaos. They left you and disappeared. Meanwhile, Dante in the scene escaped as well and Amelia went with the cops for questioning.

"Vanitas..." you said

As Noe and Vanitas were falling from the sky, Vanitas remembered your flustered face and said, "Urgh, that expression..." He had a sinister smile and looked at Noe laughing.

"Vanitas! Why did you even pull me?" Noe yelling.

"HAHAHAHA NOE! You'll be my partner." Vanitas said proudly.

"WHAAAATTTTTTT?" Noe still yelling as they were falling and crashed into the ruins of Paris. He said, "If it means seeing Y/N again, I'll do it." Noe said.

"Y/N huh, what a charming name." Vanitas saying your name benevolently.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

934K 24.7K 61
Vivienne didn't believe in vampires until she started to suspect her prince might be one. Which will she sacrifice - humanity or love? ...