Who Am I? • Genshin Impact x...

By LuckiiMe

!READER GENDER IS FEMALE! ...sorry! She who travelled the stars in search of one thing and that alone only, h... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE (+ INTRODUCTION)
PROLOGUE
0.
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X. (Part Two)
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV
XXV.

X.

6.3K 291 36
By LuckiiMe

As the three of you continue to set foot on your journey, you couldn't help but still feel uneasy. You've been long gone from the Wangshu Inn yet the feeling of unwelcomeness still surround you and seemingly only you, it doesn't even affect the blond traveler and the pixie.

The two chattered along while you trailed behind them, many thoughts raced your mind and you started to question whether you should've agreed into tagging along instead of having a leisure in Liyue Harbor, yet again, you know of no one and not understand the foreign language.

I hate it..

Ofcourse you couldn't just run off to somewhere and relax there while your friends stress themself into meeting a literal divine being.

You've reached your destination and hopefully the final meeting with an adeptus. The scenery was beautiful but no signs of the adeptus was hinted elsewhere. There sat a table with three stone chairs.

Confused, the three of you decided to walk closer to the stone set-up. You can't decipher what is encrypted on the stone so you let your two companions read it for you, surely as you understood their language earlier, you can still understand them now.

Paimon decided to read it for Lumine; However you couldn't understand what she mentioned. The language barrier has kept you from understanding her words. In utter defeat, you decided not to pay attention to them any longer as you can't even understand them.

It did made you wonder as to why does Teyvat's language seem to glitch out in your mind between understanding it and not understanding it. It must also be a connection to your identity, are you somehow regaining your memories of the language? But how could that be possible? You've traveled almost the whole Teyvat (or what you may have thought the whole Teyvat) and yet you couldn't recall a single thing.

Was meeting Lumine your blessing? A blessing in disguise you hope. "If that's the case, then being with Lumine benefits me more than it benefits her..." You shallowly muttered while in a daze. Thankfully Lumine didn't hear of the words you said.

Your eyes met the yellow orbs of your companion fellow traveler. She gave you a small smile before looking back.

You cleared your throat and decided to step back and roam the place getting to know each corners of it. You took note of how there were stoves 'Odd....' you thought to yourself.

Venturing deeper, you noticed how there were written recipes on every stoves.

Footsteps rushed to you so you looked over your shoulder and noticed the two of your companions are rushing towards you. They had a questionable look not at you but rather at the set up just behind where you stood.

"What's that..?" Paimon murmured as she floated towards it. Lumine halted infront of you with a blank stare before following Paimon close. The two of them just atared in awe as they noticed a piece of paper stuck on one of the cooking ware.

You decided to let them be as to not disturb them in their investigation as you marched towards the middle. No clues as to why the table and three chairs were there as you can't read what was carved on each of it.

'How odd..' You slid your hand over the  letters ignoring the eerie sense of distraught washing over you as you do so. At the last seat, you once again ran over your fingers on it.

As if daggers were sent directly at your head, you winced and immediately touched the area. It was an agonizing pain yet you showed no signs of any hurt as to not concern the already distressed Lumine and Painon.

The pain surprisingly  subdued as quickly as it came, it was normal once more.

How strange..

You looked back to the carved words, it no longer held any peculiar sensation. Right now, only confusion could only describe what you're currently feeling.

Paimon and Lumine were busy observing the cooking ware and there the blond held up a paper on her hand, squinting her eyes as she read the content of it.

"What's that?" You hurriedly jogged towards them and looked over Lumine's shoulder. Ofcourse no matter how hard you try to read it, you couldn't decipher what's on it.

The paper held contents and a drawn image next to it. It was a food, why would these two even look at a recipe, actually, why would there be cooking wares in an adeptus' mountain?

"It's a recipe? Matsutake Rolls" Lumine read out loud as she slowly scanned the paper and the back of it. Paimon took a glance at her before looking back at the cooking ware, "Maybe you should cook it!"

Lumine gave Paimon a look whilst the pixie gave her a knowing smile and look, "You sure you're not hungry?" Lumine half-heartedly asked as she rose an eyebrow at the fairy.

"No no! It's an offering! The table earlier have three chairs, they must be for offerings!" Paimon squeaked out in defense as she waved her small arms everywhere.

The blond gave her a small smile before looking back at you, a smile never leaving her face as she told you what she'll be doing, "There are three offerings I need to cook, if you don't mind, can you please get me the two other recipes from those two cooking wares?"

A nod was the only answer you could give to your friend as you turned around and proceeded to walk towards the two other cooking set.

Narrator

(Y/N) walked off from the two and got the first paper. She looked at it and ofcourse, no idea came to her mind as to what was written on it. "Why won't they just add a drawn image what it should look like."

"Oh there" she muttered outloud as she ran towards the last one and grabbed the paper. (Y/N) looked at the both and nodded at herself then proceeded to walk back at Lumine whose already busy-ing herself by cooking.

Lumine saw her from the corner of her eyes then gave her a wave. "Here.." Said the commissioned lass as she gave the papers to the blonde girl.

The traveler thanked her and put it nearby.

Paimon floated closer to (Y/N) and looked at her in the eyes. The latter looked back with a confused look on her face.

"Can you understand Paimon?" Paimon questioned, (Y/N) gave no answer as a hint and even made a more confused expression, she had no clue what the pixie was even babbling about.

"Aww, here I thought you'd get another burst of language barrier." She sighed in defeat while scratching her head trying to think about something even she couldn't comprehend.

Although it took some or most of the trio's time, Lumine finally finished her cooking and handed (Y/N) a bowl with soup, it was hot but still manageable for the young mortal.

"What am I supposed to do with this..?" Asked (Y/N) as she observed the bowl she's holding, the scent was tempting but she knew it wasn't for her but rather an offering.

"Put it there, I'd follow right after." Lumine pointed behind the confused girl.

(Y/N) gave her a slight nod before turning around and carefully making her way towards the table at the middle, careful to not spill any of the soup and burn her hand (or possibly stain the offering area.)

As promised, the blonde traveler trailed behind her with two foods on both hands, along with her was the drooling pixie floating as she inhaled the scent of the foods.

The two set down the foods and waited a few seconds.

"Look!"

Paimon pointed out the area that once had a sigil mark blocking the entrace. The blonde and the (H/C) haired woman stared at the area Paimon was pointing at and saw how the mark slowly faded out as if vanishing from existence.

"The sigil disappeared!" Paimon pointed out. Lumine look at her with one eyebrow raised as if asking a rhetorical question, "No, duh." She answered sassily as she slowly walked towards the entrance.

Lumine crouched and took notice of how different the air felt and nodded to herself before turning around, "An adeptus is there, let's move on."

(Y/N) didn't even understand a word but followed anyways as soon as she saw the two leaving and entering the lair. She stepped back a little and rose an eyebrow,

Sheesh, what a shut in adeptus.

-

Split into two parts, this is a very short chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 5.8K 46
This is a Reader X Xiao book Reader is gender-neutral! ~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~ Y/n was held captive for years before stumbling upon a boy who was forced into their...
334K 9.8K 38
[Genshin Impact] [Scaramouche x fem!reader] [Please don't read this if you are younger than 16⛔️] You were born visionless into a world (Teyvat) whe...
692K 30.4K 45
❝ WILL YOU TAKE ME AS YOUR BRIDE? ❞ »----------✄ A year after you heard rumors of something happening to your old childhood friend, someone had att...
269K 11.7K 49
🄾🄽 🄶🄾🄸🄽🄶 Genshin x Female Reader Genshin Impact. A world unlike anything she's ever been before, truly living up to its fantasy genre. A girl...