The other side | OBX

By blurrvision

In which a kook and a pogue need to sort out their feelings in the midst of a treasure hunt JJ x OC Outer ba... More

Part I
01 - the storm
02- the aftermath
03 - keggers
04 - family affair
05 - the boat
06 - gunshot
07 - intruder
08 - talks on the dock
09 - redfield lighthouse
10 - cemetery
11 - emotional support
12 - history
13 - confessions
14 - french toast
15 - the dropoff
16 - the merchant
17 - my light
18 - flashbacks
19- reality check
20 - movie night
21 - innocent
22 - surprise
23 - midsummers
24 - hawks nest
25 - sickness
26 - breakups
27 - colossal damage
28 - regret
29 - vistor
30 - gold shenanigans
31- reconcile
32 - sonogram photos
33 - the truth
34 - breakdown
35 - Grief
36 - lookout
37 - while you were asleep
38 - distraction
40 - the phantom
41 - down we go
Part II
42 - memorial
43 - soaked
44 - p4l
45 - constriction
46 - 007
47 - the gun
48 - rain
49 - drainwater
50 - powder room
51 - Alora
52 - homecoming
53 - words of wisdom
54 - hiding
55 - surrender
56 - idiot
57- deja vu
58 - the key
59 - limbrey

39 - prison break

2.2K 42 2
By blurrvision

✧ ✧

"Delilah honey I have some food for you. May I come in?" I hear my mother's voice echo through the as I shut the book I was trying my best to focus on. I had run out of ways to try to escape so around three hours ago I finally caved and opened the first book I grabbed. Unfortunately for me, I hadn't even finished reading the first page.

"are you going to let me out of here when you drop the food off or are you going to just let me rot in here forever?" I say with a sour tone and I hear her scoff softly. "Delilah are you going to be difficult about this?"

"Mom you fucking locked me in my room for Christ's sake! I have a right to be angry with you and dad. No to mention him pulling a one eighty on me staying here and pretending like nothing happened at all." I glower as the sound of the door unlocking fills my ears and her face appears in the doorway holding a smoothie.

"Del your father and I are just trying to protect you. John B already killed the sherif and who's to say that he won't come after you because your father is first in line of succession. Plus not to mention that you are in quite a compromised state right now considering the baby." she shuts the door behind her, sliding into spot next to me on my bed.

"Mom, John B would never do anything to hurt me, okay? He's been a really good friend to me and Sarah and he didn't murder the sherif, Ward Cameron did." I feel my mother touch my shoulder tenderly, sending me a worried look before she stands up, shaking her head.

"Cash was right, they have brainwashed you. Now drink this and I'll be back to check up on you in a little while." she states before abruptly leaving, locking the door behind her before I can even get a word out.

I'm living in a house full of insane people.

knowing I'm not winning this battle, I flop back down onto my grey comforter, setting the smoothie on my nightstand. There is no way in hell I'm drinking anything that my mother made, god knows what she put in it.

I lay back onto my bed, attempting to rub the exhaustion from my eyes. several nights of not sleeping mixed with not only with this gold business but also growing a human being is really starting to get to me.

my feet ache, my throat is so raw from all of the stomach acid that keeps passing through it and every time I close my eyes I'm terrified something bad is going to happen. I literally cannot win.

"Hey bubs," a soft voice breaks the silence and I almost jump out of my skin as my brown eyes flash open. there, standing beside me is JJ, still wearing the exact same clothes he had on yesterday. "JJ what the actual hell? what are you doing here?!"

"I'm obviously here for the tea party. Can't you tell by my attire?" he jokes but no reaction crosses my face as my arms fold over my chest.

"we're here to break you out dipshit. Why else would we be here?"

"Okay while I appreciate the effort and will definite take you up on the offer how the actual fuck did you get in my room?" he turns around, gesturing to the window I hadn't realized was now open until he pointed it out.

"Scaled it no problem. I do have lots of practice considering the amount of times I've snuck into your room. Now c'mon princess, you're not the only kook that on our agenda tonight." he interlaces his hand in mine as we jointly climb out of the window, practically bolting to Kiara's car.

"Secured the goods. Now onto phase two, the more difficult of the two. Breaking out Sarah Cameron. Good news is that it's not a far trek." JJ exclaims as Kiara starts the car, heading towards the Cameron's gigantic house.

"lemme guess, the only reason that you guys are breaking Sarah out is that she's the only one who can clear John B?" I ask and Pope immediately whips around, "righty you are my lady!"

I glance at JJ, shooting him a harsh look before wacking him on the side of the head and he lets out a sharp, "Ow! What was that for?!"

"How much weed did you give him JJ? he's off his rocker!" JJ rolls his eyes, brushing my comment off, "Not that much, besides, he's fine and were here so do you want to waste time arguing about Pope's sobriety or do you want to go save your best friend who's being imprisoned in her house right now?"

"okay fine, but no more drugs pope. You both got it?" I make eyes at them both and they both nod simultaneously with no hesitation. "Now let's prison break this bitch!" I exclaim and we all jump out of the SUV.

"Okay pope, you're in charge of distracting; Kiara, you climb onto the roof and open the window and help her escape; and JJ and I will be in charge of the getaway car. Everyone know what they are supposed to do?" I ask and everyone nods before both Kie and pope start to head towards the lit up house.

"Okay but what happens if her window is locked or something? What are we going to do then?" My eyes lock with JJ's and he squeezes my hand, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Why do we think we broke you out jailbird? You're our plan b. If Kie can't get her out in time you go and distract Ward and Rose. They trust you and they'll listen to you."

"Wow you guys really thought of everything huh. Maybe I'm rubbing off on you guys?" I grin at him as he crinkles his nose at me, nudging me softly. "Never Covey."

I'm about to say something else when an orange light retains my attention instead and I pat JJ, gesturing towards the light. "Oh god that's what he chose to distract with!" I groan as JJ lets out a chuckle,"Okay I like this side of Pope."

There, in front of the cameron's patio, is their grill, completely spilling flames out of the griddle. Pope must have poured pellets in and lit a shit ton of them on fire, igniting the whole inside of the grill. A few seconds later both Rose and Ward pile out of the sliding door and Ward leans forward, shutting the grill in a haze of confusion.

It doesn't last very long as an alarmed look flashes across both of their faces and Ward's lips read "Sarah" before they both clamber back into their house. "Shit Kiara needs to either hurry the hell up or we're going to have to tap you into play." a few seconds later both Kiara and Pope jog back to us, both out of breath.

"Her window was bolted shut, I couldn't get her out in time."

I glance at JJ before I grab my crewneck, pulling over my head. "Guess it's time for plan B. You guys stay in the car, I'm gonna get her out and I'll be back."  I give my boyfriends hand a squeeze before jogging though the backyard and around the side of the house, ending at the front door. I make sure to knock twice, standing back after I"m down so their door doesn't hit me in the process.

This is a little weird considering I usually enter and exit through Sarah's window.

"Delilah what are you doing here this late? Especially on a night like this?" Rose asks, opening the door and I plaster on the fakest smile I can muster. "I really need to talk to Sarah right now, its an emergency."

"Oh honey Sarah isn't here right now but I can rely a message to her once she gets back."  I feel my eyebrows furrow in confusion. "What do you mean? Her lights are on, I could see them all the way from my house."

Rose opens her freshly painted lips to give mean what was probably an intricate lie but Ward steps into frame, his eyes darker than I've ever seen them as a permeate frown is etched on his face. "Sarah's not home. Now please leave before I call your father to escort you off our property." with that he shuts the door in my face and I say a small prayer that I bought Sarah enough time to escape.

I hold my breath as I round the corner of the side of the house and immediately let out a sigh of relief when my eyes meet my best friends. I pull her into a tight hug, wrapping my arms around her neck as she wraps hers around my waist. "Oh my god I'm so glad you're alright. I heard what happened."

"God I'm so glad you're here li, but I need to go find John b." she says, pulling away from me, her words rushed and I notice her bicycle parked behind her. "I don't know where he is sar but I understand that you need to go. Just promise me you'll be smart and not risk your life and all that shit?"

"I promise Li, I'll see you soon." she pulls me into another hug before hopping on her bike, pedaling in the opposite direction. little did I know that that was the last time I was going to see her.

✧ ✧

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 105K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
128K 533 35
PLEASE NO HATE! U READ THE TITLE IF U DONT WANNA READ DONT READ!
890K 37.7K 80
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
97.3K 1.9K 29
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...