Lingering Eyes: KNJ

By yoongis_bucket_hat

You knew it was wrong. But it felt so good. Imagining him touch you-- kiss you. But he was your older brother... More

Introduction
PART 1
PART 2
PART 4
PART 5

PART 3

305 21 0
By yoongis_bucket_hat

Y/n POV

You moved to the side as Yoongi and a friend of his you didn't recognize carried in a keg of beer through the front door. Your eyes went wide slightly as you saw another one sitting on the front lawn.

"Yoongi," you whined as you turned around towards him. You watched him and the other boy put the large container down on the floor of the kitchen. Yoongi leaned on it and wiped his hair out of his face. "Is all this really necessary?" You said gesturing to the counter that held at least ten bottles of different types of liquor.

Yoongi's friend stalked past you towards the front door as Yoongi looked to you with confused and slightly patronizing eyes.

"I know you've never been to a real party, y/n, but this is how things go." Yoongi turned back around and pulled out several sleeves of red solo cups from the cupboard. "Oh, and I don't want you drinking tonight."

"What?" You were surprised and defensive. You hadn't really thought about it and honestly you weren't really planning on it, but now that he said you couldn't, you wanted to.

Yoongi spun to look at you. "There's gonna be college guys here. I don't want anything to... y'know... happen."

You furrowed your eyebrows and scrunched up your nose. "What kinda party are you throwing?"

Yoongi sighed. "Just no drinking, okay?"

You turned to head upstairs to get ready. "No promises, Yoonie!"

"Y/n!" He called after you, but you were already halfway up the stairs and out of his line of sight.

***

When you heard the first few car doors shut from inside your bedroom, and the sun started dipping lower behind the tree line out your window, you knew people had begun arriving. The low drum of music vibrated through the floor below you and you started to feel excited. Yoongi wasn't overreacting when he reminded you that you had never been to a real party.

It's not like you weren't sociable in school, you just weren't really part of that "drink, smoke, party, hook up" group of people. You preferred hanging around with your close friends doing something actually fun that didn't require alcohol to be interesting or exciting. On the other hand, you weren't inexperienced in the quote-on-quote "illegal substance" category, but it just wasn't a staple part of your youth.

Either way, nothing had prepared you for the nervous pit in your stomach that formed when the music started playing louder and the voices from the lower floor began roaring through the floor. You decided, finally, to go downstairs.

As you jumped down the bottom step of your staircase, you were in awe of how different your main level looked. People flooded in, all talking and laughing with each other, red cups gripped tightly by everyone's hands. The lights were dimmer than usual and you realized that only the lamps were on, accompanied by colored LED spotlights that were placed here and there.

The living room was alive and buzzing as you shuffled through groups of people in hopes of finding someone familiar. Your searching eyes stopped when you saw Yoongi standing in front of the fireplace. He held a red cup just like everyone else and was talking to all of the people who lined the couches and piled on the armchair. You smiled smally to yourself, never having seen him look so extroverted. The contents of his cup may have had something to do with it, though.

You decided to not stop and interrupt Yoongi, so you continued. You were about to turn the corner into the kitchen when you felt big hands on your shoulders behind you. A flicker of hope of it being a certain tall, muscular, dimple given boy lit inside, but was promptly snuffed when you turned to see your friend Sam's face. It wasn't who you had hoped for, but it wasn't disappointing either.

Sam was a good friend that you had become closer with during the past year at school. He was an integral part of your friend group, but you always had a sneaking suspicion he had a little crush on you. What Namjoon had said the other night just made your idea fester.

Sam was good looking if you were being honest. His dark hair was fluffy and curly in just the way that you liked, and his tan skin suited him perfectly, but he just didn't quite appeal to you in a romantic kind of way. He was the class-clown type that never really shared a serious thought or emotion. He was a good bud to have a laugh with, but you didn't see him as much more than that.

Sam looked at you with the big, goofy grin he typically sported, and you bubbled with happiness at the sight.

"Hey y/n," he looked you up and down in a split second. "You look good tonight."

You knew you did. You had spent at least a half an hour curating your outfit that showed off just the right amount of skin while still looking nonchalant.

"Thanks, Sam. Where's everyone else?"

He glanced over his shoulder slightly. "Oh, they're around. I think," he chuckled. He looked down to your empty hands and seemed surprised. "Let's get you a drink."

He took your hand in his and lead you to the kitchen. The music was louder in there and you could see the bar where the alcohol sat had been seriously worked over. You weren't paying too much attention to what different ingredients Sam mixed into your drink, but you weren't stupid enough to take your eyes off him as he did it. Sam wasn't really the type to lace your drink with something, but you were precautious all the same.

When he handed you the cup and you brought it to your mouth, the taste made you pucker your lips and it stung going down your throat, but after a few swigs the party seemed to soften at the edges and you liked the feeling.

You hopped up to sit on the counter and Sam rattled off talking about going to college at the end of the summer. You heard what he said, but none of it quite stuck. He did make you laugh a lot, though, you knew that.

One drink turned into two, that turned into... well, more than that. Some were more watered down than others, but you knew your mind was hazy enough to say you were teetering on the line between buzzed and drunk.

With heavy blinks, you interrupted Sam. "Sam!" you called louder than you meant to. "Go get some snacks! I'm dying for something crunchy!"

He smiled brightly at the request and turned to go to the other room, leaving you on the counter by yourself while he collected some food. You swung your feet back and forth, enjoying the electricity coursing through your veins and the way the music felt beneath your palms that were planted on the marble counter.

You definitely wouldn't call yourself a lightweight, but you knew it didn't take a crazy amount of drinks to make your body feel lighter and your joints loosen up with the sway of a song.

Sam was taking too long.

You rolled your eyes and pushed yourself off the counter down to your feet. You stumbled, but just a little, and when you looked around no one had noticed. Or that's what you thought. Before you could take another step forward, you were stopped by a big torso in your path.

"Y/n?" You immediately knew who the voice belonged to, but you were a touch confused by the tone. It was genuinely surprised, like he didn't expect you to be here despite you assuring him that you would.

You looked up. "Hey there, Namjoon," you smiled toothily.

He squinted his eyes and looked at your face carefully. As he examined you, all you could see was his fluffy light hair and entrancing eyes. He wore jeans and a white t-shirt, paired with a dark blue flannel. He looked really handsome, and it wasn't just the alcohol talking.

"You're drunk," he stated bluntly.

"I'm not," you challenged, trying to look your most put-together.

His face clearly indicated that he wasn't buying it. Before you could react, he had taken the cup from your hand. He brought it to his lips and took a swig of the drink, before pulling back with a concerned face.

"No wonder you're drunk, this drink is mostly liquor," he said as he turned the cup upside down over the sink.

"Namjoon!" you complained, annoyance tinging inside. "Why'd you do that?"

He looked down at you darkly, but not in the flirty way you wanted. "Don't drink any more, y/n. You've had enough." He reached down and took your hand.

Your eyebrows twitched. Although you liked the contact, you pulled your hand away. "What're you? My dad?"

You looked back at you, taken aback that you were fighting his advice. He came closer to you. "There's a lot of guys here tonight, y/n,"

You stepped back; your frustration of course amplified by your state of mind. "Can you guys stop saying that to me like I'm some little girl? I have a brain of my own, believe it or not."

He looked confused most of all, but also getting angry. "Just listen to me, I'm trying to help you."

"Well stop, I'm not your girlfriend," you replied, cutting him off from saying anything more.

You then turned away from him and started walking. He called after you once, but you ignored him and continued into the next room.

You were going to find Sam, the only guy that wasn't trying to ruin your night. More importantly, though, you were going to find another drink. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

779K 29K 104
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
5.7K 97 33
When Esther gets a text from a random number... This is my story please don't copy it 🙃
20K 599 52
( it's trash at first but gets better ) do you like skeppy as a yandere? well you came to the right story! :"zak does what he usually does every day...
4.9K 216 26
Miss Millionaire won second place in the romance genre in the "The Blossom Awards." Nathan Bradshaw asks his friend Chloe Morgan for a favour. And th...