YAMIRNA

By Blackmermaid44

A miracle is it is for yadava princess to luminate the burning gold. But how could he let the gloom fill his... More

Author's Note
ARRIVAL
THE ENTRY
PAIN
MEETING
THOUGHTS
RETURN
DWARKA
YAJNASENI
SWAYAMVAR
INSULT
HASTINAPUR
RAJYASABHA
STUDENT
ALLIANCE
WAITING
TEMPLE
ABDUCT
SHOCK
REALIZATION
ALONE
READY
WORDS
TASK
WIN
REJECTION
MARRIAGE
FAREWELL
ANGA
START
MESSAGE
SORROW
FAINTED
GUILT
APOLOGY
ADVISE
MISSING
TALK
INDRAPRASTHA-1
INDRAPRASTHA-2
INDRAPRASTHA-3
INDRAPRASTHA-4
PROMISE
GUESTS
STALKING
BROTHER
DECISION
CONFESSION
DREAMS
DYUT SABHA-1
DYUT SABHA-2
BROKEN
AGONY
TRY

SISTER

2.2K 140 104
By Blackmermaid44

His sister is here....

Karna exclaimed, " Bhanu!! What you are doing here?? "

The said lady who happens to be the Yuvarani of Hastinapur with a serious face came forward and sat on a wooden chair on the balcony saying her words in a slow drag, " Aaaah....What I can do when my bhrata can't spare sometime for me nowadays!! "

Karna rose his eyebrows asking , " So you chose this hour to visit me?? "

She rolled her eyes making him sit opposite of her with a smile.

" Kids?? "

" They slept..."

" And mitr?? "

Ignoring the question she asks worriedly, " Why he made me promise to not to be a barrier on his revenge in future?? "

Karna taken aback at that, he didn't expected the prince to take the same vow from his wife, something big is cooking behind the curtain of Gandharraj's chamber. Sighing he replied, " I don't know....He made me too give the same words!! "

Bhanumati gulped knowing nothing good is gonna happen. Both fell into a comfortable silence on the thoughts of horrid future and after a while Bhanumatii said in a try to lighten the mood, " You should have brought your wife too here!! "

A soft smile made it's way on his face at the mention of his wife as Bhanumatii continued, " I saw her only once when she accompanied Draupadi jiji here for the first time!! I didn't got a chance to have a talk with her back then!! "

Karna remained silent and after sometime Bhanumai said, " Actually Aarya sent me here....he is worried for you!!

We both found you restless from the day you arrived here!! What happened Bhrata?? "

Karna gaped his mouth before denying, " It's nothing!! You both are overthinking!! "

Huffing aloud Bhanumatii said, " Then why you are not having your meals?? Why you are always absent minded enough to ignore my kids?? Not even joining brothers to duel in archery!!

Well true to our doubt you are still awake.....Am sure there is something bothering you!! What is it Bhrata?? Are you perhaps still didn't got over from what happened back in Indraprastha?? "

He shook his head with a tired expression and Bhanumatii held his right palm in hers saying, " Arya believes you won't hide anything from me!! Please Bhrata....say whatever it is bothering you!! Maybe I can help you...."

After hesitating sometime he decided to open up to his sister who is his soul friend too, " It's Yamika.......I....am worried for her!! She is kinda struck between me and pandavas.... They are very close and now am her husband....she might be going through...."

Bhanumati cut him off in a surprised tone, " What?? Is that why you are acting strange for the past few days?? You serious?? "

Karna replied in a offended tone, " Bhanu, this is not a joke!! It's serious.... Pandavas are her cousins, after what happened in Indraprastha I can't never forgive them. In future too she will be in dilemma....."

Bhanumati asks, " Why such concern for a girl whom you hate?? Or are you already lost your heart to Yadavi?? "

Karna's silence in return made Bhanumai gasp lightly with a glint in her eyes and demanded, " How?? From when?? Say Bhrata!! "

Casting his gaze down Karna said, " The feelings are not mutual Bhanu!! You know the situation of our marriage!! "

Bhanumati who already knows the hidden truth of the love of the yadava girl from her husband felt guilt questioning her loyalty to her friend?? She looked away from his hurt gleaming hazel orbs. But what surprised her most was his next words,

" I thought Nakul was the one she loved....But Bhanuuu...It's not him...."

Bhanumati decided to be the good friend by helping him, so she said, " I know the one she loves.... it's..."

But she got stopped by Karna's panick filled voice, " No...I....I don't want to know!! I won't be able to bear it!! But how you know of him?? "

Ignoring the question asks back in a defeated tone, " Why you don't want to know him?? "

" It's her past, Now she is my wife and I....I love her!! Nothing else matters!! "

Bhanumatii advised, " She should be the first one to know of your feelings for her...."

He whispered himself, " I will...both of us need some time and I will be confessing only when she could accept me!! "

" Now tell me what I can do for you to become happy?? "

Without a second thought he blurted out, " I just wanna see her, am getting suffocated here in her thoughts!! I want to go to Anga!! "

Bhanumati's eyes were comically wide and she let out her astonishment, " Oh Narayan!! Who is this person here infront of me.... If it is my brother then what that girl done to you!! "

Karna chuckled in embarrassment and said, " Bhanuu.... My feelings are not something newfound!! I have always liked her from the beginning!! She were in my mind from the first day we met here!! "

No words came out from Bhanumati's mouth at the new information and one another shocked voice resonated from the dark corner of his chamber, " What?? You fell for her even before marriage?? "

A silhouette moved to the moon shore making Karna exclaim, " Why are you eavesdropping us?? "

Bhanumati was the one who replied with a sheepish smile, " Actually Aarya is here from the start and you were too much into your story of Yadava princess to notice him!! "

Karna's eyes bulged out thinking that was something first for him to lose his senses, that girl is changing him. Also the couple purposely tricked him, maybe he wouldn't have let these secrets out if he knew of Duryodhan's presence. Bhanumati is an expert to dig into the bottom of his heart.

Duryodhan says disappointed, " Don't change the topic... Why you let me and Dushasan think of courting her if you loved her from the begin?? For whose sake you remain silent when we planned to take revenge on her?? "

Karna heaved out a sigh and said, " Because it's you against me!! For me no one is more important than you mitr!!! "

Duryodhan groaned out an order, " Why you are so stupid?? You can leave if you want to!! "

Karna's dulled expression immediately replaced by a flashing smile and he almost dashed out of the door when Bhanumati stopped him, " Are you really going at this hour?? "

Karna nodded eagerly making her chuckle at his child like enthusiasm.

Duryodhan advised, " Mitr..... It's high time for you to confess your feelings!! "

Karna forced a smile at that clearly indicating he is not brave enough to do that for atleast now, the fear of rejection pounded on his chest.

Bhanumati said understanding his turmoil, " Bhrata no one in sane mind could reject a man like you!! "

Seeing his sarcastic smile she tried to cheer him up by saying, " Bhrata.....You know what, once Draupadi jiji boasted saying she is the most blessed woman to have husbands who with the knowledge of virtue and Dharma, A husband whose strength is incomparable, one greatest dhanurdhari, most handsome and a wise man.....

But she is so wrong to assume such.....at the end she had to marry five men, right??

Yadava princess Yamika Devi is the only one who have the right to claim the blessed woman to have a husband who possess all these qualities himself alone!! "

Duryodhan beamed proudly and bit back a laugh at Karna who blinking his eyes astonished before bursting out in a loud mocking laugh which clearly annoyed Bhanumati.

She sneered out, " You and your silly love....do whatever you wish to....."

Karna immediately went silent and teased her, " So Bhanuu....according to you my wife is the most luckiest women!! That's so good to hear!! "

She made a poker face taunting him, " Huh?? I would never say something stupid like that....what a wife gonna do with these qualities when her husband is a pothead and unromantic!! "

Now that was a clear jab to Vasusen and Duryodhan shook his head at their silly banter making Bhanumati please him saying, " But I can declare without an ounce of hesitation am the luckiest wife to have the most understanding, protective and caring husband!! "

Duryodhan blushed hard making the king of Anga gift a poker face at them and left the couple alone in a rush to reach his love.....to his kingdom where she might be pushing the time.

.

.

Bhanumati hushed out in a disappointed tone when her brother disappeared from their line of vision, " We should have told him the truth!! "

Duryodhan retorted, " Let them reach there in the comfort of love by their own!!! "

Sighing she leaned to his shoulder agreeing silently.....afterall they too have a story of struggle and battle of hearts behind the perfect love they share now.

************************************

Here in Anga palace the hall specially made for the Queen opened by the chief made. The spacious hall separated by two giant pillars into sections for dance and music. A veena was in the centre of instruments, On the farther end of the corner the Queen were indulged in painting a piece of art in that tainted canvas.

Malini approached her saying, " Yaamiii...... please get some sleep...."

Yamika who were so engrossed in her work didn't heard anything which made Malini come near and take a peek at the canvas where a retreating back of a warrior on his horse laid so realistically.

She couldn't contain her doubt, " Is it Maharaj?? "

Still she didn't got any response and she touched Yamika's shoulder which made the girl startle back to reality. She gave a faint smile at the chief maid....

Malini asks, " Why you always painting only Maharaj?? "

Yamika remain silent and Malini noticed a light pink hue on her cheeks, though the silence says aloud  something is not right. Yamika have already told her the incidents in indraprastha, but isn't it time for her to get over with that already??

Malini tried to ease her mind, " You are very good in this Yaamii....."

Yamika with a smile replied as if remembering something, " My Jiji is the best in this!! "

Yamika's face fell in next instamce and Malini asks noticing the sudden change of expression, " Do you miss her?? "

" She is pregnant Jiji and here am making her worried for me!! Hope she won't stress herself in concern with what happened back in the sabha!! "

Malini pressed the matter more, " But am sure it is not the only thing that troubling your mind!! You seems lost from the day you returned......"

Yamika stopped her task and moved near to Malini saying in a weak voice, " Am afraid Jiji.....What if now Aarya hates me more?? "

Malini amused at that, " For what reason?? "

" Pandava bhratas are my cousins and they insulted his dearest mitr!! Isn't it enough for him to despise me?? "

Malini made a stern face and said, " You may love maharaj endlessly.....yet you don't know a single thing about him!!

Maharaj will never blame innocents and he respects everyone.....you are one lucky woman to have him as your husband....."

Yamika agreed, " I know Jiji....He is the only one who stood for me when Shishupal insulted us!! I will live my whole life with the memory of him claiming me as his wife infront of everyone!!

He may don't love me, But still cares for me and am sure he will protect me from all the negatives!!

But Jiji....no more I can't bear his hatred... It hurts Jiji!! I want to clear all misunderstandings and confess my feelings.....

Am ready to wait till eternity for him to accept me, but now I can't bear this separation....I...I....wanna see him!! "

Malini stared her for a moment before chuckling out, " Take a breath and calm down!! You can see him once he is back from KuruRajya!! "

Yamika says dejected, " Who knows when he will return.....last time he came back nearly after a month from his priya mitr......"

Malini laughed at that making Yamika say, " Am not joking!! I really don't like his company with Jyesht Kaurava...."

Malini says a little offended, " Why?? Yuvaraj Duryodhan is a good man!! "

Yamika mocked in a bitter tone, " Oh really!! One who always plot to kill his own brothers is a good man to you?? "

Malini didn't said anything and Yamika continued, " I used to respect him, still respecting their friendship....

But I hate how he and his wicked mamasree have a major role in destroying my dreams and not to mention about that disgusting brother of him, Dushasan!! Am not a fool to not to understand the meaning behind his lustful eyes on me!! "

Malini gasped, "  God Yaamii...You should have informed Maharaj about him making you uncomfortable!! "

Yamika annoyed by the single thought of them and said, " My Arya is an innocent who got surrounded by those cunning foxes.... He could see only the smile, not the hatred behind it!!Mahadev, save him from them...."

Malini said patting her shoulder, " Still Yuvaraj is not someone to get hated!! You don't like him because you like your cousins more....."

Yamika shrugged off, " May be....But still Jiji, Their behaviour towards Yuvaraj on that day is not something appreciable!! Those insults are more venomous than a poison and that humiliation is hard to forget!! "

Malini put an end to the topic saying, " Don't think too much....get some rest...."

Yamika decided to obey and followed Malini keeping that gloomy face.....

************************************

On the next day when the first rays of sun fell on top of Anga palace Queen of Anga have already came back to her chamber after completing her early morning Shiva Pooja. Entering the chamber she felt her heart thudding heavily sensing someone close to her is somewhere near, She brushed off such thoughts and went to get ready for the day.......

.

.

Young King of Anga stood infront of his royal palace with a smile tucking on the corner of his lips forgetting how long he stood there after returning. On the way he rode his horse such hastily as if someone chasing him and now he couldn't take a step forward when he is finally reached. Guards and dasis confused by him just standing there and looking the palace as if he is seeing it for the first time. One of them took the horse to the stables.

After sometime deciding to meet her only after getting the courage to do so he took some steady steps towards the palace. As he were climbing the stairs, one gentle and melodious voice heard from his behind, " Daanveer..... Permit us to meet the Queen of Anga.... Our eyes will be blessed to get a glimpse of that most beautiful soul!! "

Karna frozen on his spot at the words and hands unknowingly curled into a tight fist at the way they demanded his wife's presence. Who is here to meet her at this early hour??

With a stern face he turned behind and his face easily consorted into expressionless and eyes wide in amusement seeing two unexpected guest still on chariot with enchanting smiles.......

Author's note

Hey guyzz........

Many guesses were true, it was Bhanumati....did you like the convo between Karna and Bhanu??

And I think Yamika need to understand Duryodhan a little more, what's your opinion??

Atlast who might be those two unexpected guests??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 218 22
An average person gets the chance to reincarnate as a tragic hero. Can he change his fate with his foreknowledge or will he meet the same fate?
66.8K 3.2K 28
A story about the divine fireborn and worrior Karn. Was abandoned by birth, was insulted by society in every step, was looked down upon despite bein...
9K 383 19
[UNDER MAJOR EDITING] Cover credits-@KanhaiyakiSakhi9112 Book one of AaVan's tale. Mahabharara, an epic that teaches us about justice , sacrifices...
26.8K 1.2K 25
Love has the power to heal.. don't you agree.. I believe it is and here the story...