Thunder Roars || LOK Mako x OC

By lqvely_luna

Lei, granddaughter of the late Azula, has been trained as a firebender since she was a little girl and was ta... More

The Thunder Roars: Intro
Book 1 ~ Chapter 1
Book 1 ~ Chapter 2
Book 1 ~ Chapter 3
Book 1 ~ Chapter 4
Book 1 ~ Chapter 5
Book 1 ~ Chapter 6
Book 1 ~ Chapter 7
Book 1 ~ Chapter 8
Book 1 ~ Chapter 9
Book 1 ~ Chapter 10
Book 1 ~ Chapter 11
Book 1 ~ Chapter 12
Book 1 ~ Chapter 13
Book 1 ~ Chapter 14
Book 1 ~ Chapter 15
Book 1 ~ Chapter 16
Book 1 ~ Chapter 17
Book 1 ~ Chapter 18
Book 1 ~ Chapter 19
AUTHORS NOTE: Link to ATLA Comic
Book 1 ~ Chapter 20
Book 1 ~ Chapter 21
Book 1 ~ Chapter 22
Book 1 ~ Chapter 23
Book 1 ~ Chapter 24
Book 1 ~ Chapter 25
Book 1 ~ Chapter 26
Book 1 ~ Chapter 27
Book 1 ~ Chapter 28
Book 1 ~ Chapter 29
Book 1 ~ Chapter 30
Book 1 ~ Chapter 31
AUTHORS NOTE: 5 day break
Book 1 ~ Chapter 32
Book 1 ~ Chapter 33
Book 1 ~ Chapter 34
Book 2 ~ Chapter 1
Book 2 ~ Chapter 2
Book 2 ~ Chapter 3
Book 2 ~ Chapter 4
Book 2 ~ Chapter 5
Book 2 ~ Chapter 6
Book 2 ~ Chapter 7
Book 2 ~ Chapter 8
Book 2 ~ Chapter 9
Book 2 ~ Chapter 10
Book 2 ~ Chapter 11
Book 2 ~ Chapter 12
Book 2 ~ Chapter 13
Book 2 ~ Chapter 14
Book 2 ~ Chapter 15
Book 2 ~ Chapter 16
Book 2 ~ Chapter 17
Book 3 ~ Chapter 1
Book 3 ~ Chapter 2
Book 3 ~ Chapter 3
Book 3 ~ Chapter 4
Book 3 ~ Chapter 5
Book 3 ~ Chapter 6
Book 3 ~ Chapter 7
Book 3 ~ Chapter 8
Book 3 ~ Chapter 9
Book 3 ~ Chapter 10
Book 3 ~ Chapter 11
Book 3 ~ Chapter 12
Book 3 ~ Chapter 13
Book 3 ~ Chapter 14
Book 3 ~ Chapter 15
Book 3 ~ Chapter 16
Book 3 ~ Chapter 17
Book 4 ~ Chapter 1
Book 4 ~ Chapter 2
Book 4 ~ Chapter 3
Book 4 ~ Chapter 4
~ One Year Anniversary ~
Q&A
Book 4 ~ Chapter 5
Book 4 ~ Chapter 6
Book 4 ~ Chapter 7
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Book 4 ~ Chapter 8
Book 4 ~ Chapter 9
Book 4 ~ Chapter 10
Book 4 ~ Chapter 11
Book 4 ~ Chapter 12
Book 4 ~ Chapter 14
Book 4 ~ Chapter 15
THANK YOU FOR 1M!
Book 4 ~ Chapter 16
Book 4 ~ Chapter 17
Book 5 ~ Chapter 1

Book 4 ~ Chapter 13

5.7K 95 25
By lqvely_luna

At the Spirit Portal, Iroh II's troops were surrounding the area, making sure no one goes in or out of the vicinity. Iroh II had been working here since the downfall of Republic City. He enjoyed the work, it meant being closer to Lei. It made him feel at ease that he could watch over her and protect her from a closer point. Lord Zuko had ordered him to ensure her safety at all costs. Iroh II was doing work in his tent when someone entered his tent with urgency.

"General, Look!" one of his soldiers said urgently. He stood up from his chair and made his way out of the tent. He looked towards the ocean, and saw dozens of bisens heading their way. Iroh II made his way towards the main gate, wondering what the airbenders plan was.

"What are your orders, General?" the soldier asked, as he caught up to Iroh II.

"Don't make a move," Iroh II replied, as the earthbender soldiers lowered the wall in front of him. Bisens landed in front of the wall before him. Oogie landed right in front of the wall, with Tenzin at his back. Tenzin got off Oogie and walked up to Iroh, accompanied by Meelo.

"Tenzin, I'm sorry but the President's order still stands. I need everyone out of here immediately," Iroh II said respectfully.

"Oh yeah? You're gonna have to make us leave," Meelo said confidently.

"We already discussed this, Meelo. This is a nonviolent protest," Tenzin scolded. Meelo frowned and stepped back.

"Believe me, I want to see a peaceful resolution too," Iroh II paused, "Why don't you head back to the island? I'm sure President Raiko will get distracted by some other crisis and call us off soon enough,"

"We're not leaving until the United Forces do," Tenzin replied, Iroh II sighed deeply.

"Then I guess we're going to be here awhile," Iroh II sighed, as he massaged his forehead.

"That's right! Keep walking, buddy!" Meelo shouted, as Iroh II retreated back into the tents.

᯽♡𓆉♡᯽

Meanwhile, Team Avatar were at the edge of the city, figuring out their next plan of attack. They were positioned at the top of a building, overlooking some burning buildings, caused by the mechatanks. Korra paced back and forth on the roof impatiently.

"What are we waiting for, Beifong? You have the Triple Threats surrounded. Let's go after Tokuga now," Korra says impatiently.

"We can't. The Triple Threats aren't letting anyone leave their apartments," Chief Beifong answered.

"Tokuga is threatening to turn this neighborhood to rubble if we try to move in, so we need to think of a safer option," Lei explained.

"And considering he tried to kill us, I doubt he's bluffing," Mako added, Korra huffed.

"So I'm just supposed to sit here and do nothing?" Korra replied angrily, Lei turned to her.

"Korra, I understand your worried for Asami, but we need to think of a plan that involves the safety of hers and everyone else in this neighborhood as well," Lei said softly, as she put her hand on Korra's shoulder.

"Lei is right. Listen, kid," Beifong started, as she walked up to Korra, "I'm sorry about you and Asami, we'll get her out of harm's way, I promise,"

"Thanks, Asami and I have been in tough spots before, but this time feels different," Korra said gloomly, as she looked up at the Airship and went towards the other side of the building. Beifong was talking to the officers when Mako noticed Korra was alone.

He walked up to her and said, "Hey, Korra,"

"Hey, Mako," Korra greeted, "How are you doing?"

"I'm alright, mostly. Just been busy after the war with Kuvira," Mako answered.

"Mm, I noticed that. You and Lei have had your hands full for a while, how are you guys by the way?" Korra asked, they never had the chance to catch up with everything going on in the City.

"We're doing good, but how are you doing?" Mako asked, Korra sighed deeply.

"Not so great, really," Korra said, as she turned to him with a sad expression, "I can't shake what Tokuga said about my actions having consequences. Maybe if I had stopped the eel-spirit from attacking Tokuga, instead of helping Asami, none of this would be happening right now,"

"Tokuga's unhinged. He's just trying to mess with your head. Don't let him," Mako paused, "I remember when Lei was captured by the Red Lotus, I kept blaming myself and going out of my mind with worry, it was probably the worst week of my life,"

"Really?" Korra asked.

"I know what you're going through. That's why I want to help you find Asami," Mako said softly.

"And you always have additional help when you need it," Lei said, as she walked up to them. Korra smiled at her and embraced her into a hug.

"Korra, I know I haven't been talking lately since you told me about you and Asami," Lei started, as they pulled away from the hug. Korra smiled softly.

"Kya told me about the Fire Nation's history of same sex marriages," Korra said, Lei's eyes grew with shock.

"She did?" Lei asked, Korra nodded, she continued, "Regardless, please know that I accept you guys, and as long as your happy, I'm happy,"

Korra smiled and pulled Lei into another hug, "Thanks, Lei. You're always there for me,"

Korra and Lei turned to Mako, who stood there awkwardly. Lei raised an eyebrow at him, "Aren't you gonna say anything?"

"Korra, If you ever noticed me acting a little weird, It's only because I've never had one of my exes date another one of my exes before. It's taking a little time to getting used to. But I am happy for you both," Mako said, as he rubbed his neck in embarrassment. Korra and Lei lightly chuckled.

"Don't worry about it, Mako," Korra smiled, but then remembered the matter at hand, "What are we gonna do about the Triple Threats?"

"I think I know a way to search for Asami without tipping them off but I'll explain later. Beifong can't know what we're up to," Mako answered, as he cautiously looked back at the chief.

᯽♡𓆉♡᯽

Back at the portal, the airbenders patrolled around the Spirit Portal, with the United Forces watching over them carefully from the other side of the wall.

"Daaaad, protesting is so boring, and I'm hungry. Can we go now?" Meelo complained.

"No, Meelo. It's vital that we all stand together as one," Tenzin explained, he kneeled down to his son's height, "President Raiko needs to understand we're not going anywhere until he changes his mind,"

"And how long is that going to be?" Meelo asked.

"For a stubborn man like him, it could take weeks, maybe longer," Tenzin answered, Meelo raised his eyebrows.

"You mean, we might be here forever...?" Meelo gasped. Suddenly, a part of the wall surrounding the portal was brought down and revealed Raiko standing at the fron of it.

"Airbenders, evacuate this area immediately, or you will be forced out!" President Raiko announced through the megaphone.

"Raiko wouldn't dare," Tenzin muttered.

Tenzin formed a wind tornado, with him floating at the top. He shouted, "President Raiko! Draw back the United Forces!"

"You have no claim to the portal. This land belongs to Wonyong Keum," Raiko said.

"And we're here to bring attention to the fact that he intends to misuse it," Tenzin countered.

"Go back to Air Temple Island," Raiko shouted.

"We won't" Tenzin challenged. Raiko narrowed his eyes at him, then turned to General Iroh II, "Send in the waterbenders,"

"Yes, sir," Iroh II sighed. Tenzin lowered himself to the ground and approached the rest of the airbenders.

"Airbenders, prepare to stand your ground! But no matter what happens, Do Not Retaliate!" Tenzin shouted, the airbenders followed his command as waterbenders from the United Forces sent water towards them. The Airbenders stood strong, as the strong current of water hit them.

"Alright, you've made your point. Let me call them off," Iroh II said to the President.

"Not yet," Raiko ordered.

"Sir, the airbenders aren't fighting back. There's no cause for this," Iroh II countered. Raiko glared at the General, who kept a straight face.

"Fine, order the waterbenders to cease but keep them in position," Raiko said. The waterbenders stopped their attack towards the airbenders.

"I fear that was only the beginning," Tenzin said, as he held on to his children, "Everyone brace yourselves for whatever comes next!"

Suddenly, the ground shook around the portal.

"What now?" Meelo shouted. Just then, a part of the wall surrounding the portal fell to the ground. Behind it was Zhu Li and the evacuees, which was quite a surprise.

"Everyone, follow me!" Zhu Li shouted, as she led the evacuees towards the center of the portal.

"Zhu Li?" Tenzin questioned.

"What is she doing here?" Raiko complained.

"She brought her own camera crew? Cunning move," Wenyan complimented, as Zhu Li, Varrick and the evacuees made their way inside the closed area towards Tenzin and the airbenders.

"Remeber, in a docu-mover there are no second takes!" Varrick announced through his megaphone, "Make sure you frame the shot so the portal's behind Zhu Li!"

"Thank you for coming, and for convinving all these people to join you," Tenzin said, as he shook Zhu Li's hand.

"I'm hoping that when Raiko sees all of us standing together, he'll be persuaded to begin a dialogue about the Portal's future," Zhu Li replied. She got into position, as Varrick positioned his camera crew. Zhu Li stood in front of the evacuees as she shouted, "This portal shouldn't be held hostage by businessmen or politicians! It is a symbol of harmony and peace! And should be shared by all! We call on President Raiko to draw down his troops!"

"Bring peace to the portal! The portal for the people!" the evacuees continously chanted, as the two running candidates for the next presidency held an intense stare down.
᯽♡𓆉♡᯽

Mako had drove Team Avatar to a row of abandoned buildings near the edge of the City. He stopped the car at one of the buildings. Team Avatar wondered what Mako's plan was.

"Beifong got a report that a few Creeping Crystals were seen going in and out of this building," Mako explained, Bolin turned to his brother.

"Are you sure about this, Mako? The chief said she didn't want any officers wasting time going after a triad on its last legs," Bolin asked.

"Technically, we're not going after them. We're here to get Jargala's help," Mako answered, Korra grew impatient.

"Come on, hurry up," Korra said, as she got out of the car. Surprisingly, the door was opened for them to come inside. They made their way inside the building to find Jargala sitting on a chair as she earthbended a crystal.

"We found out who really took Asami. It was Tokuga," Korra started.

"So, you're here to apologize for falsely accusing me?" Jargala asked.

"No, we want to make a deal," Mako answered.

"You know your old turf better than anyone. Are there any old tunnels or passageways under the streets? Ways to move around undetected?" Korra asked, Jargala narrowed her eyes at her.

"Sure, but what do I have to gain by telling the Avatar and a couple of cops all my secrets?" Jargala questioned.

"We know where Tokuga is hiding. I assume you'd like to reclaim the Creeping Crystal's turf?" Lei answered.

"You want to help me get revenge?" Jargala asked, as she spinned the earth crystal in her hand.

"We just want our friend back," Korra said.

"Do you know how my triad first got its name?" Jargala started, as she earthbended the crystal into the middle of a plant pot. The crystal spread, covering the entire plant, she continued, "From Jennamite— the original Creeping Crystal. When it comes into contact with organic matter, jennamite starts to grow and grow— until there is no escape,"

Jargala stood up to face Korra, "Tokuga's about to discover why the Creeping Crystals were once the most feared triad in Republic City,"

Jargala took Team Avatar to an underground passage beneath the building they were in. Jargala used the jennamite she was bending to light the way.

"Some of these passages are as old as the city itself," Jargala said, they reached a left turn. "This way,"

"The only building large enough to house a couple of stolen airships is the abandoned earthen fire refinery. Tokuga has to be there," Mako explained.

"This should take us straight to Tokuga and Asami," Jargala said, as she gestured to a ladder leading to the surface. The ground rumbled and provided them an opening towards Tokuga's hideout.

As they ascended, they saw Asami working on part of the airship with Tokuga right beside her. Mechatanks suddenly surrounded them. Jargala sent her jennamite to the ground as it spread towards the feet of a mechatank, Mako sends a fire stream towards the mechatank, knocking it over. Bolin continously sent his lava rocks at the mechatanks. Lei sent a whirling disk of flame towards the mechatank's arms, Korra sending a final blow of air to knock it down.

"Korra!" Asami shouted, Korra turned to her immediately.

"Asami!" Korra shouted back, which gained Tokuga's attention.

"Get this ship in the air!" Tokuga shouted, as he jumped down from the platform he was standing on.

"The pump's all connected. Now let us go," Asami said, Tokuga smirked when two of his followers grabbed hold of her and Wonyong.

"Not yet. Take them on board!" Tokuga ordered, as they were brought inside the airship. Tokuga was about to board when the ground beneath him formed a pillar, knocking him to the side. Jargala smirked triumphantly.

"Guess you missed your flight," Jargala smirked, as she bended another crystal, she sent it towards him, "Catch!"

Tokuga caught it with his human hand swiftly and chuckled, "Ha, you're gonna have to earthbend a lot harder than that,"

"It's time you learned," Jargala smirked. Suddenly, the crystal started spreading towards Tokuga's arm, causing his arm to fall from the weight.

"Don't mess with a Creeping Crystal," Jargala sneered, however Tokuga used his tentacle to smash the crystals on his other arms.

"I'd love to stay and finish the fight, but my ride is leaving," Tokuga said, before using his tentacle to swing himself towards the moving airship with momentum.

"Tokuga's getting away! and he took Asami with him!" Jargala shouted towards Korra, who was fighting a mechatank.

"Mako, Bolin, Lei! We have to follow the ship!" Korra said, as she brought down the mechatank. Team Avatar began to run outside to catch up to the airship, but Jargala and her turf members were being left behind.

"Jargala, come on!" Korra shouted.

"I'm not leaving my turf in the hands of these goons. Go!!" Jargala shouted back, as she defended one of her turf members from the mechatanks. Mako and Bolin got on their motorbikes. Lei sat herself behind Mako.

"Korra, get on!" Bolin shouted, telling her to ride behind him. Just then, Korra created an air sphere for her to ride on.

"I have my own ride, thanks!" Korra shouted, as they started the pursuit.

"Follow me! We'll take Kyoshi Bridge!" Korra shouted.

"How do you know where Tokuga's headed?" Mako shouted.

"I don't— but I have a hunch he's going back to where this all started," Korra shouted, as she led them towards Kyoshi Bridge.

᯽♡𓆉♡᯽

Meanwhile, at the Spirit Portal, the airbenders and the evacuees continued to protest for the ownership of the portal. Varrick and his camera crew were capturing everything for their docu-mover.

"Get that camera on the ground! We need some low-angle shots of Zhu Li! Make her look Heroic!" Varrick directed, as the people continued chanting.

"Do you want any footage of that airship?" his camera man asked, Varrick raised his eyebrows and looked up towards the Airship approaching them.

"Huh, that's not United Forces," Varrick muttered.

"This is Tokuga, Leader of the Triple Thread Triad, and soon-to-be leader of Republic City!" Tokuga announced from the speakers of the airship. Everyone turned their attention towards the airship.

"Is that guy running for President, too?" Meelo asked his father.

Tenzin narrowed his eyes at the airship, "I don't think so, Meelo,"

"President Raiko and Avatar Korra have failed this city," Tokuga started, Iroh II looked up, "The Spirit Portal stands not as a symbol of hope, but as a Harbinger of Destruction. That's why I'm stepping in. I will make sure this once-great Metropolis rises again, and becomes the Most Dominant Power in the World. Starting immediately, the President and the Avatar will answer to me!"

"Who does that hoodlum think he is? He has no idea what it means to lead a city," Raiko argued.

"No, but he does have a way with words. We should steal that 'Metropolis' line for your next speech, sir," Wenyan said.

"My first order is for President Raiko to immediately and permanently withdraw the United Forces from Republic City," Tokuga started, Iroh II glared at the airship, knowing he wasn't going anywhere, neither were his troops, "Should the President refuse to comply, he should know that I've equipped this airship with Poison Gas and I won't hesitate to use it!"

The evacuees began to panic and shout, Zhu Li trying her best to calm everyone down. Tenzin walked towards the airbenders.

"Airbenders, get ready! If he drops that gas, we'll need to funnel it away from everyone," Tenzin ordered, the airbenders nodded.

"T've also brought Wonyong Keum and Asami Sato on board. Any attempts to bring this ship down will result in their deaths!" Tokuga added. Iroh II approached President Raiko.

"What are your orders, sir?" Iroh II asked, hoping his answer with be a rational one.

"And think carefully... whatever you decide may very well determine the election," Wenyan added, Raiko rubbed his chin.

"I backed down against Kuvira and I'm still paying the price. I'm not about to make the same mistake again. Withdraw your troops like Tokuga asked. It'll buy us some time," Raiko said outloud, Iroh II raised his eyebrow.

"Time for what?" Iroh II asked, questioning his decision.

"I want you to call in a squadron of airplanes. Force Tokuga's airship out over the bay, then take it down!" Raiko answered.

Iroh II questioned Raiko's order, knowing Lei wouldn't be happy with him killing her friend, "But what about Asami and Wonyong? If we attack the ship—"

"Are you questioning a direct order?" Raiko shouted, Iroh II narrowed his eyes at him.

"No, sir. I'll radio the airfield," Iroh II sighed, as he walked towards his tent to carry on the order.

Zhu Li and the airbenders succesfully calmed down the evacuees and huddled them in a group. Zhu Li turned to Tenzin, "We need to start clearing everyone out of the area,"

"Agreed," Tenzin answered, Ikki turned to the opening in the wall and saw Team Avatar heading right towards them.

"Korra's here!" Ikki shouted, as she pointed towards them. Korra stopped her air sphere and ran towards Tenzin, just as Mako and Bolin stopped their motorbikes.

"Is everyone alright?" Korra asked Tenzin, who sighed. Mako, Bolin, and Lei catching up to Korra.

"For the moment," Tenzin answered, "Thankfully Raiko's decided to withdraw the United Forces,"

"Don't be thankful yet," Iroh II said, as he approached them. Lei's eyes lit up and made her way to her cousin. Embraced him in a hug, glad that he's safe.

"You need to know Raiko ordered me to bring down the ship. Airplanes are on their way," Iroh II explained, as he held Lei.

"But Asami," Korra said softly, growing with worry. Lei turned to her cousin.

"How long do we have?" Lei asked, Iroh II thought for a moment.

"I'd say you have about five minutes to get up there and get her out of harm's way," Iroh II answered, Korra turned to Tenzin.

"Can I borrow Oogi?" Korra asked, Tenzin nodded.

"Of course, Just be careful," Tenzin replied. With that, Korra flew to the airship, making everyone wait patiently. After a few moments, glass windows from the airship were shattered and poison gas was leaking from it. Tenzin raised his eyebrows.

"Airbenders, form a line!" Tenzin shouted, as the airbenders followed his orders, airbending the leaking gas away from the evacuees. The airship began entering the Spirit Portal. Lei turned to the boys.

"We have to follow them," Lei said, as she began running towards the portal, with Mako and Bolin following behind her. They entered the Spirit Portal, their eyes scrunched from the bright glow. Before they knew it, they entered a vine-like plains. The airship continued to move but a figure fell from the ledge of it, which looked like Tokuga.

"I've got Tokuga, go help Korra and Asami!" Mako shouted, Lei and Bolin started running towards the airship. The airship crashed a few meters away from the portal. They saw Wonyong Keum, Korra, and Asami emerge from the crashed airship.

"Korra! Asami! Are you all right?" Lei asked, as her and Bolin ran up to them.

"Pretty much, but Tokuga' thugs are in rough shape," Korra answered, as she turned to the people in the airship. They were semi-unconscious due to the gas.

"I can heal you. Just hang tight until my bending returns and we find some Spirit Water," Korra said towards the thugs.

"And once you're back on your feet, you'll be walking straight to prison!" Bolin shouted, Lei smiled and put a hand on his shoulder. She was proud of him for doing such a good job being an officer. Asami turned to Korra.

"That was a rougher landing than I would've liked," Asami chuckled.

"It was better than I would've done," Korra smiled.

"That's true," Asami smiled.

"You were right," Korra started, Asami raised her eyebrow.

"About what?" Asami asked.

"As long as we're together, we can overcome anything," Korra smiled, before she put her forehead on Asami's. Lei approached Wonyong Keum, and removed the cuffs attached to him. Bolin looked back and saw a dark spirit approaching them.

"Awh man, the dark spirits are back!" Bolin shouted, Korra drew her attention to the spirit who stopped in front of her.

"Haven't you brought enough turmoil to our world, Avatar?" the Dark Spirit bellowed.

"I promise, we're not here to cause any trouble," Korra started.

"As long as that portal remains open, there will be strife between humans and spirits," the Dark Spirit said.

"It doesn't have to be that way, If we work together, we can find peace," Korra tries to reason, the Dark Spirit turns to Wonyong Keum.

"How can there be balance when men like him are determined to exploit our world?" the Dark Spirit shouts darkly, causing Wonyong Keum to shudder in fear.

"Maybe the spirits are right..." Korra begins to question.

"Keeping the Northern and Southern Portals open was one thing, but maybe this one was never meant to exist," Korra said softly, Asami put a hand on her shoulder.

"No, you can't close it. It's too precious," Asami reasoned.

"Asami's right," Wonyong Keum said, earning a surprised expression from both girls. Wonyong Keum turned to the Dark Spirit.

"What if I abandoned my claim on the land around the portal?" Wonyong Keum asked, the Dark Spirit raised its eyebrow.

"And why would you do that?" the Dark Spirit questioned. Wonyong Keum turned to Asami and Korra.

"I owe these two women my life, and the last thing I want is to cause more hostility in Republic City. I'd rather do what I can to support the Avatar in bringing peace," Wonyong Keum answered, the Dark Spirit narrowed his eyes at him.

"If what you say is true—," the Dark Spirit paused, his eyes glowing dark turned to its normal color, his tone lighter, he says, "—then I'm willing to let this matter lie and allow the future to unfold,"

Korra smiled, thanking the spirit for his decision, the Spirit got ready to leave but before he did he spoke, "But, we'll be watching what happens next, Avatar. And for your sake, I hope the situation improves. Otherwise, you'll be seeing us again very soon,"

"Phew! Thank you, Mr. Keum," Korra exhaled deeply, Lei saw a figure running towards them, it was Mako.

"Tokuga's gone.." Mako said, out of breath. Lei put her hand on him. "I searched the area where he fell, but there was no sign of him. And I didn't see him go back through the Spirit Portal.

"I bet he'll lay low for a while, but I doubt we've seen the last of him," Korra says.

᯽♡𓆉♡᯽

Three weeks later, It was election night in Republic City, it was being hosted at the fabulous Four Elements Hotel Ballroom. Everyone who was anyone was here tonight in support of Zhu Li Moon, hoping to see her become the next President of the United Republic. Raiko's hasty retreat during the portal crisis at the portal has left many voters scratching their heads. The docu-mover that Varrick had directed was showing on the big screen of the ballroom, showcasing the part where Raiko had run away.

"He was outta there faster than an eel-hound being chased by a swarm of scorpion-bees!" Varrick joked, making the people laugh. Many folks have praised Zhu Li's selfless heroics that day and she's exactly the kind of leader the United Republic needs. Lei was dressed in her officer uniform, making sure the event would be successful. Mako approached her and wrapped his arm around her waist.

"This was stressful couple weeks," Mako started, Lei smiled.

"It really was, I just hope we get to go on that vacation soon," Lei said, Mako nodded.

"A vacation would be nice right about now," Mako agreed, he kissed Lei's forehead, "But also our wedding,"

Lei chuckled against his embrace, Bolin had approached the couple. Lei took notice of him, and greeted, "How's it going, detective?"

"Oh, Beifong, didn't tell you?" Bolin asked, Mako and Lei raised their eyebrows in confusion.

"Tell us what?" Mako asked curiously, Bolin put his hands on Mako's shoulders.

"Don't take this too hard, but now that the Triad situation is under control, I've decided to move on. I'm quitting the force," Bolin explained.

"Really? But I thought you loved being a cop?" Mako asked.

"Yes, it was thrilling while it lasted, but I can't be tied down, this little bird needs to fly," Bolin explains, Lei smiled at his uniqueness.

"Okay, whatever," Mako said.

"Brave, brave, Mako. Please don't make this harder than it needs to be. What we had was a special partnership, but I'm afraid it's time we go our separate ways," Bolin said softly, Lei rolled her eyes at his overdramatics.

"But I'm going to see you at home, in like two hours," Mako raised his eyebrow.

"I'll give you some time to process all this," Bolin sighed, as he walked away. Mako sighed deeply, while Lei was laughing at the whole scene. These brothers were quite the pair. Just then, the announcement for the winner of the election was being announced.

"And with a whopping 68 percent of the vote, Zhu Li Moon wins in a landslide!" the radio announcer shouts, causing everyone to erupt in cheers. Zhu Li emerges from the backstage and onto the front of it, earning cheers from everyone.

"Thank you! Thank you, everyone! I stand before you humbled and honored to serve as your next President, with no illusions about the challenges we face. If the events of the past several months are any indication, there are still dark times ahead. And our path is far from certain," Zhu Li started her speech. Lei stood in between Mako and Iroh II, the rest of Team Avatar next to them, "Our Republic and this city are unique in the world. There's no place else where so many disparate groups and when traditions have come together to live as one. But Republic City is only in its infancy— and too often, our differences become a source of conflict. But it doesn't have to be that way. Next time you're walking down the street, look up, say hello to that stranger passing you by. Imagine what it's like to walk in their shoes. If enough of us do that, we might someday find balance as a society, and with one another. But I realize that peace and harmony won't happen overnight. After all, the Avatar has been trying to achieve balance for a millennia and there is still much work to be done. It will take all of us supporting one another to fight the forces of hate that seek to throw our lives into chaos. I know the portal has caused a lot of problems, and I will work tirelessly to rebuild and help the evacuees find new homes. A new spirit portal in the middle of downtown is not something any of us could have anticipated but its here to stay. And now that Wonyong Keum has generously donated his land to our city, we need to plan for the portal's future. And that is why, as my first act as President, I will bestow the Spirit Portal and its surrounding wilds to the Air Nation. I hope that the Air Nation continues to thrive and flourish in an area rich with Spiritual Energy. And I know that under Tenzin's leadership, the portal will be safe from those who might try to exploit it. I'd like to leave you with some words from Avatar Aang: 'The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed, though darkness thrives in the void— it always yield to purifying light,"

᯽♡𓆉♡᯽

Hello my beautiful readers! You're probably wondering: another chapter update?! in the same week! Yes you are correct. Have another chapter for you all! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! More to come, probably another four chapters of the comics then we proceed to Book 5!! I'm probably gonna undergo some editing in the chapters, so don't mind if you get a notification from it. The story will stay the same, its moreof grammar and figure editing.

EDIT: Also, I made a new cover for the book. Kinda hate how wattpad ruins the quality but this is what it looks like in HD form.
Anyways, till next time!

PUBLISHED: August 2, 2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.5K 517 14
170 AG the year of change for two friends. It is finally time for the Avatar, Master of all four elements, to learn airbending. But before she can l...
252K 7.1K 40
𝐊𝐚𝐢𝐝𝐚 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐜𝐞 | ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ғɪʀᴇ ❝ I'm not that stupid girl you led on before. ❞ ✎ 𝐀𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐫: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐀𝐢𝐫𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞...
199K 6.5K 28
"WHEN FIRE MEETS FATE" Princess Daiyin of the Fire Nation has been chosen to train the new Avatar in her fire bending skills. The rather practical, s...
217K 6.5K 64
Eziri is the eldest daughter of Ozai and Ursa, Princess of the Fire Nation, and the embodiment of perfection. Or...at least she was. What will happe...