WHEELCHAIR [니키] ᴇɴ⁃

By dwlskysoo

A story of a girl was facing a critical accident in her life, was needed to be in the wheelchair because of t... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
EPILOGUE
SPECIAL CHAPTER

14

36.8K 3.4K 6.7K
By dwlskysoo

Jangmi was just looking at him from far and shook her head when the moment he was almost kissing her earlier flashed on her mind. Her heart was beating fast like it was going to explode and also her cheeks- it looks so red like someone put a blush on it. Jaeni turned her body to face Jangmi and chuckled as Jangmi was being too obvious.

"You like him, right?"

Jangmi back to her sense and shook her head,
"We are not even friends."

"Stop hiding. You were spending your time with him before and lied to me about the charity work. Both of you were always missing. It's weird when both of you were always absent on the same day."

"Tell me, what's happening between both of you?"

"Nothing happened. We are just friends. He stole my diary and read my wishlist. He was willing to help me to grant my wish. That's all."

"Why is he so sudden?"

Jangmi lowered her gaze.
"That's what friend should do."

"What is your next wish then?" Jaeni asked Jangmi curiously while drawing something on her table. Jangmi put her pen down,
"Going on a school vacation."

Jaeni was surprised and grinned,
"That's great. We will have a camping trip this Monday."

"Will the teacher allow me to go? I will burden them a lot and I also can't do rough activities like jungle trekking and anything related."

"Let's talk about this to our teacher. I hope he will allow you to go."

Jangmi nodded happily and continue talking to Jaeni.

__________________

"Goodbye, Jaeni." Jangmi waved her hand to Jaeni and went through the hallway alone. She stopped when she realized it was cloudy outside, seem like it was going to rain heavily.
She sighed, thinking what should she do. She looked around the place, wondering if someone would share their umbrella with her but they were just ignoring her existence and left the school building quickly.

"Bye, Jangmi!"Hwayoung appeared, smiled at Jangmi sweetly, and quickly ran through the rain without bringing an umbrella with her. She placed her bag on her head to cover herself from getting soak and ran as fast as she could.

"Hey, Hwayoung! You might fall!"

"It's okay! Byebye!" Hwayoung waved her hand to Jangmi and left again.

"Hey, be careful-"

"Ouch." Hwayoung groaned in pain as she suddenly fell to the ground. She looked at her knee and was surprised when it was bleeding. Jangmi saw that and was about to help her but she couldn't because she didn't bring an umbrella with her.

"Hwayoung, are you okay?!"

Hwayoung just wiped off the blood from her knee, still sitting on the ground while getting soak by the rain.

"Hwayoung, come here. Stay with me!" Jangmi said loudly.

"Hwayoung!-" She stopped when Riki suddenly approached Hwayoung with his bike.

"What are you doing, stupid?"

Hwayoung tilted her head to see Riki,
"I fell." She showed her knee to him.

"Don't sit here then."

Hwayoung nodded and tried to stop but she fell again. Riki immediately reached his hand to her and grabbed her arm,

"Get on my bike."

"What...?"

"Get on my bike. I will send you home."

"It's okay. I will just walk."

"Why are you so stubborn? Get on my bike before I knock you out." Hwayoung was surprised and scared of his words, so she quickly got on his bike and held his jacket tightly.

"I'm sorry for burdening you, Riki."

Riki rode his bike away with her without knowing Jangmi was still stuck at the building.

Jangmi pouted her lips and looked down when tears escaped from her eyes.

"It's never his fault. It was my fault for dreaming too much."

"I am just his friend anyway."

____________

"Jangmi, I should lock the gate now. Are you going to stay here for a long time?"

Jangmi looked at her watch and was surprised when it was time to close the school gate. She looked at the sky and realized it was still raining.

"Call someone to help you."

"My friend lived far away from school. I don't want to burden them."

"But Jangmi, I need to close the gate now. I'm so sorry."

Jangmi sighed and formed a smile on her lips.

"Okay. I will go now."

"You can have my umbrella. Go home safely."

Jangmi took the umbrella from the security guard and left the building after bowing to the guard respectfully.

She pushed the button while her left hand was holding the umbrella. The silence was loud and it made her felt emotional. The sound of rain, the dark color of the cloud- it described her feeling right now. It's sorrowful and hurtful.

She stopped in the hallway when the button didn't work this time. She shut her eyes and shouted to let go of her anger.

She went to the side of the road and decided to wait for the rain to end. At the same time, she got a call from Riki.

She looked at it for a long moment and finally answered the call.

"Where are you? Did you get home safely? I went to your house and called for you but you didn't give me any response. Didn't you hear me?"- Riki

"I just arrived at my house. I'm lying on my bed right now." Jangmi held her tears.

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Did you get home safely?"

"Yes."

"Did you really lay on your bed now?"

"Yes-"

"Why did you lie to me?"

Jangmi was surprised when Riki was there. He looked at her from far and slowly walked towards her.
Jangmi fixed her eyes on him and shut her mouth as she got caught for lying.

"I know it. I could feel something bad happened to you."He stood in front of her and bend his body to her height.

"I shouldn't leave the school earlier. I hate the fact that I left you behind when I should walk together with you."

Jangmi pouted her lips and sighed,
"Why did you come here again? I saw you already left with Hwayoung."

"I was worried about you. I was lying on the bed and suddenly thought of you. I was wondering if you get home safely. I tried to think positively but it still gave me a bad idea. I went to your house by car and realized that you were not home. So, I came here again."

Riki paused and patted her head,
"I'm sorry for leaving you behind. I should care about you."

Jangmi shook her head,
"It's okay. I'm already used to this. Even before we get close, I went through this alone and got home safely. I can take care of myself. I'm not a child anymore."

"You should call me. I will immediately come to you."

"Riki, I don't want to burden people around me. I want to show everyone that a disabled girl like me can take care of herself without any helps needed."

"Don't call yourself that way," Riki said to her coldly.

"Riki, I just want to be alone today. I'm tired. So, can you leave me alone? I want to go home by myself." Jangmi slowly pushed him away from blocking her way and pushed her wheelchair, going home by herself but Riki didn't allow her to.

"I can't leave you this way. You're having a tough time. I don't want to let you suffer alone."

"Riki, you should continue resting." Jangmi smiled at him.

"No. I will never do that." He held the handle tightly.

"Let's have a delicious meal together and do the project. After that, let's watch a movie and play a game."

Jangmi tilted her head to look at him,
"Why did you do this to me?"

"Because you are spe-"

"Because you are my friend that I want to keep forever."

-

I hope you guys enjoy it :>

don't forget to vote and comments()

thank you for reading

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

378K 45.5K 28
a story of a girl who loves to go to the playground just to see her crush every 9 at night ended up facing a crisis in her life. She was struggling t...
337K 19.2K 67
She thought going to college that she'll finally escape the nightmare of highschool. But it's proven wrong as her long time bully was there too, a bu...
262K 9.4K 45
Maybe it was the last caffeine drink that brought them into each other's life, and maybe it's not a bad thing at the end of the day. Falling into eac...
97.4K 4.6K 29
❝I'm afraid to fall in love again, to feel lost in someone's thoughts. Because I did once, and it took away all of me.❞ #1 in Jungwon