Irrational

By marvel_onyourleft

You've worked with the Avengers for years, built relationships, bonds and you are finally happy with your lif... More

Chapter 1 - First Meet
Chapter 2 - The Initial Reaction
Chapter 3 - The Twins
Chapter 4 - Quicksilver
Chapter 5 - Bestfriend's Shoulder
Chapter 6 - Surrogate Uncles
Chapter 7 - Now what?
Chapter 8 - No Escape
Chpater 9 - No Filter
Chapter 10 - Sam's Sanity
Chapter 11 - Worst Fear
Chapter 12 - Back to Reality
Chapter 13 - Ohana
Chapter 14 - Strange indeed
Chapter 15 - Here comes your past
Chapter 16 - Uncontrollable
Chapter 17 - Who's there?
Chapter 18 - Mystery Man
Chapter 19 - Confusion
Chapter 20 - The ol' switcheroo
Chapter 22 - No Other Options
Chapter 23 - Extreme Measures
Chapter 24 - Severe Consequences
Chapter 25 - Acceptance
Chapter 26 - The Missing Piece
Chapter 27 - James Buchanan Barnes
Chapter 28 - Revelations
Chapter 29 - I Am Mighty
Chapter 30 - Interruptions or Distractions
Chapter 31 - Everything You Needed
Chapter 32 - Back to Business
Chapter 33 - First For Everything
Chapter 34 - Guidance
Chapter 35 - Details
Chapter 36 - Mutual Feelings?
Part 37 - Progress?
Part 38 - Safe Haven
Chapter 39 - Honesty
Chapter 40 - First Test
Chapter 41 - Now or Never
Chapter 42 - About Time
Chapter 43 - Nothing Stopping us
Chapter 44 - Escapism
Chapter 45 - Beginning of the End
Chapter 46 - The Full Truth
Chapter 47 - The Real Question
Chapter 48 - No Time like the Present
Chapter 49 - It's Never Ending
Chapter 50 - 1 of 2
Chapter 51 - 2 of 2
Chapter 52 - Didn't Go To Plan
Chapter 53 - Will it Work?
Chapter 54 - Lets Find Out
Chapter 55 - Living the Dream
Chapter 56 - Thanos is Inevitable
Chapter 57 - For Now...
Chapter 58 - Strange Therapy
Chapter 59 - The Fairytale
Chapter 60 - Irrational

Chapter 21 - His girl

912 30 2
By marvel_onyourleft

-a few months later-

You’ve been dating Bucky for the past few months, making Strange’s life a living hell and loving every second of it.

The squirming during meetings, the obvious avoidance of being in the same room as you or Bucky, the glares and the disappearing acts.

You were definitely under his skin and he couldn’t stand it that he wasn’t the one in control anymore and you were thriving off it. Plus being Bucky’s girl wasn’t bad either.

“Do I get you tonight or am I losing to Pietro again?” Bucky’s husky voice carried over you’re the top of you, as you were cuddled into his chest, blinking your eyes open and trying to be a functional human.

“Pietro” is all you manage to croak out, as you bury yourself against his neck and wrap your arm around his broad chest.

You feel the vibrations and short sharp rises and falls of his chest against you, as he chuckled at your pathetic attempt to answer his question.

“Not even surprised. Get some more sleep darling, it’s still early” Bucky says in a soft, caring whisper, followed by a kiss to the top of your head and stroke of your hair.

You flicker your eyes open and glance at your clock on your bedside “03:30” you wince at the time and then you feel it.

The heat radiating from Bucky, the dampness of his skin and the tight grip on your shoulder. You mimic the grip around his chest and lightly kiss his neck.

“I’m okay, you talking helped me” Bucky instantly responds to your movements.

“How bad was it tonight?” you ask with caution but an obvious tone of worry.

“Stark” a single word to make your entire body shiver, your hairs stand on end, your stomach drops, and you could feel your throat becoming dry.

You sit up, pressing gently against his abdomen as leverage to push you up, but the beefy man below doesn’t even feel it.

You look at him with furrowed brows and saddened eyes, slowly filling up. Which was only made worse when you got a proper look at him.

Pale, sweating, barely breathing, his face full of guilt, fear and regret.

You throw your leg over him, so you are straddling him and grab his face, asjusting him so he would make eyecintact with you. You notice his currently empty and darkened eyes focus on you and bring him back to reality.

As you turn his face, you can see the light switch back on inside him, the darkness still lingering behind the ocean blue purity of his eyes.

“That wasn’t and isn’t you. It’s not your fault and you need to stop punishing yourself. Tony forgave you, he understood, you made amends the day you saved him from his own demons Buck. You don’t need to feel this guilt anymore. You hear me?” You state it with such conviction, saying it as a matter of fact, because you truly believed what you were saying.

Tony suffered as badly as you did because of New York, leading to all kinds of drama with him creating Ultron to save and protect the planet only for it to be a sociopathic, dramatic mass murderer. Wanting to wipe the planet out of existence.

He also suffered from the anxiety of it happening again, of him nearly dying, of us nearly losing.

Bucky helped him with that over the years, talking about how he pulls himself out of the dark periods, or how to avoid triggers and manage the pain of the memories.

Bucky looks at you, you can see his eyes searching yours, him searching for something in you, then he utters “what did I do to be so lucky to have in my life” as he leans forward wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling you against him.

He rolls you both over, so you are against the bed and he is leaning over you. He looks at you with nothing but admiration and love, gently he tucks a piece of hair that was covering your face behind you ear, followed by him trailing his fingers down the side of your face, curving his lips into a delicate smile.

He holds you by the chin with his thumb and forefinger as he leans in and kisses your temple.

His signature sign of affection. Only for you.

“Now lets get some sleep, you’ll need it if you want to keep up with Pietro” he smiles and lets out a little chuckle.

You flash him a genuine grin, feeling more relaxed now he seemed calmer. Bucky pulls the cosy covers over the both of you and wraps his arms around you, pulling you into him again and planting a final kiss on the top of your hair.

“Goodnight buck”.

“Goodnight beautiful”.

You both slip off into a deep and comfortable sleep, feeling safe, relaxed and happy.

A few hours later, you bolt upright after feeling something landing on your bed and hearing a crash in the room.

You look immediately to your left and see Bucky sighing, rolling his eyes and falling back against his pillow.

Then you turn to the end of the bed and see your giddy, Cheshire Cat grinning, idiot best friend at the end of the bottom of your bed.

Laying horizontally across the foot of the bed, leaning on his elbow with his hand supporting his head, staring and grinning up at you.

Once you lock eyes he raises his eyebrows three times in quick succession with a wicked grin on his face.

You roll your eyes and copy Bucky’s earlier action and fall back against your pillow, when you do you turn back to Bucky who is already staring at you.

Heaven.

“Okay lovebirds, I hate the break up this super romantic moment, but I need my girl more than you do Buckaroo so I’m stealing her. Okay? Thanks, bye” before you even register what Pietro has said, you’re being hauled from your comfy bed by your arms and dragged to your bathroom.

“Shower, teeth, dressed, downstairs in 20 minutes. Wear something cute, not that you don’t anyway but you know make a little more effort than normal.” Pietro bosses at you.

He wanders out of your bathroom, but before he leaves your room, you hear him hollering more instructions at you, like a drill Sargent on a training exercise, “20, that’s two zero minutes Y/N. In normal human time, not Y/N time. I mean it”.

You laugh, roll your eyes but do exactly as he says and in some miracle you seem to get ready and get downstairs in 20 minutes.

Well 18 to be exact, but who was counting?

You decided on a pair of light blue heavily ripped skinny jeans, an oversized black washed t-shirt that came off the shoulder with a skull, roses and thorn design on the front and some black trainers.

You had your hair in it's natural state after being dried with a hairdryer, so it was full of volume, thick and shiny, flowing down over your shoulders.

You decided on light makeup and put on a choker to go with your top.

As you walked into the kitchen, which faced the main seating area. You closed the fridge to see Bucky entranced with you, then giving you a smirk filled with attraction and affection.

But he wasn’t the only one who was under your spell…

Strange couldn’t take his eyes off you, his gaze filled with need, want and when you locked eyes with him you see it switch straight to regret.

“Now that’s what I’m talking about darling, you keep them under that spell. I’m proud” Pietro eagerly whispers in your ear as he wraps his arms around the top of your shoulders from behind you.

You turn and he pulls you into one his normal warm embraces. “Lets go” he says with a smile.

You both turn and head out of the compound.

“You two behave, or I’ll get the neighbourhood Spider-Man to pay you a visit” Tony calls out after you, your turn smirk and wink.

Which he returns to you, before dropping his head to giggle to himself.

“Whats the plan?” You ask Pietro.

“I just wanted to spend time with my day one, I’ve missed you.” Pietro gives you a saddened expression, which encourages you to put your arm around his waist as you’re both walking and he instantly follows suit and puts his arm over your shoulders.

“I’m always here speedy, you’re my day one. My priority you know that. Plus you literally had me all to yourself two days ago.”

“That two whole days. I don’t know how I survived that long, I was struggling without you” he pulls you closer and you both laugh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 69 12
You're Tony Starks daughter that he didn't know about. You get into a fight and are sent to live with him, you know very little about him, and he kno...
2.6K 28 11
MCU Imagines from my Tumblr Writing romantically for: All the women Writing platonically for: All the men 🌶 - Spicy/smut ☀️ - fluff 🌨 - angst 🧊...
42.4K 1.3K 32
; sequel to soulmates ; they fought to stay together because nothing can get in the way of true love. COPYRIGHT 2018 © nocturnalamp
174K 4.4K 43
I thought I knew my purpose: the genius billionaire who changed the world. It wasn't until I met my four month old daughter that everything I thought...