Fragile Heart

By mmlebo

In which a girl moves to a new town only to find out her new friends may not be what she thinks they are. She... More

Fragile Heart
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
[ A/N ]
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
EPILOGUE
QUESTIONS

Chapter 27

65.3K 2.5K 204
By mmlebo

Chapter 27- Jordi

The sky was red. The sky was angry. I couldn't help but feel as if it was angry with me.

Deep pink and bright red streaks littered the dull sky, the sun dripping behind the trees as my paws pounded against the cold dirt.

I felt a rush through my blood every time Alex put a paw down, jolting himself forward as he relentlessly pounded his paws against the ground.

Squeals of delight filled my sensitive ears and the feeling of my fur being bunch up in a place was a high for me. It was like running in wolf form, a natural high.

Alex came to a slow walk, walking around by a lake I always came to.

Layla hopped off of my back and say on the ground, looking out into the water with a fallen face. I missed her smile, her eye wrinkles, her nose twitches. I missed all the signs of her being happy. I wanted it back. I wanted my Layla back, and I wanted my Little Man back.

Hearing her small squeal made my wolf heart race. And now it's gone back to its dull little lull.

I quickly shifted behind a bush, finding shorts hidden in the branches. Slipping them on, I walked around and sat behind Layla, pulling her against my front as I set my chin on her head.

"I love you, you know that, right?"

She sighed, "Of course I know that." Pause. "I love you too."

I could feel her scalp move as she furrowed her eyebrows, thinking.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Us."

"What about us?"

"Well... I am so grateful for you. I love everything you do for me and I just love you. I'm so happy you're with me because without you, I wouldn't be able to cope."

"I'll always be here."

"Promise?"

I promised.

-

"Jordi! What's up man?" Judd came barreling into my office.

"Shhh! Be quiet." I whispered harshly, giving him a small glare.

He gave me a puzzled face and I motioned to the couch in my office.

He mouthed the word 'Oh.'

"What is it?" I said quietly.

"Taylor was busy, so he told me to hand off this letter for you. Came in the mail."

I took the envelope from his hands and set it on the desk. "Alright, thank you. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to take her on to bed, I think Alex wore her out today. I took her for a run on his back and after we talked for a while Alex wanted to play and Layla did too, apparently."

He chuckled, "Alright man. You know? I'm happy for you. She a great girl, and a wonderful Luna."

I smiled and nodded bye as he walked out. I made my way to Layla, kneeling down. I took in her soft features, that weren't so soft this past week. She had dark circles under her eyes and her cheeks were blotchy. Her usual plump lips were pale and beat up, from biting them so much in worry.

I gently pushed hair out of her face and picked her up, careful not to jostle her too much. I kicked open my bedroom door when I reached it, and maneuvered both our bodies through the too-thin door.

Settling Layla down, I pulled a blanket over her body from the edge of my bed. I placed a gentle kiss to her forehead, lingering a little bit.

A hand gripped my wrist as I went to turn away.

"Stay." She whispered.

I sighed and shut the door. I stripped down to my sweatpants, sliding under the small cover with her.

She traced patterns on m bare chest with her finger, making my skin tingle. Most people told me about mates when I was younger and how their touch would leave sparks. When I was told that, I always thought it'd feel the way fireworks look. But instead it was gentle sparks.

It felt like the static dots on the TV when it was out of service.

Yet another natural high.

She stroked my cheek with her free hand, arm wrapped around my head from under and reaching my cheek on the other side.

"You seem to be fully awake now." I chuckled.

She laughed right back, "I guess not."

We just layer like that for a moment. Simply enjoying the company.

The bed shifted as Layla lifted herself up, pressing her lips to mine. I was shocked, to say the least.

She deepened the kiss after a second, then I started kissing back.

She sat up, and straddled me, as I sat up with her. She smashed her lips to mine once more, and things deepened almost immediately.

When things were starting to get a little too far, I pulled myself away just as she went to rip off her shirt. "No."

"Please. I'm ready." She whispered.

"I know you are, baby. But it isn't right, not now."

"Yes it is." She paused, "Please, I need to forget. I want to get my mind off of things."

I raised my eyebrow.

"And what better way than to indulge in what's mine. You."

I couldn't handle it anymore. I smashed my lips to hers, and we lost ourselves in the pure bliss only a mate could bring.

----

"Congratulations, guys." Lauren mentioned as she passed by.

"W-What?" Layla stuttered.

Lauren stopped in her tracks, confused as well.

"She doesn't know?!" She screamed.

"Know what!?" Layla screamed back.

Both girls looked to me, and I only wrapped my arms around Layla's waist. "Our scents are mixed."

"Does that mean-?"

"That everyone can tell that we mated? Yes." I said, and buried my face in her neck, kissing akin her mark.

"Oh my god!" I looked up and she was beat red.

God, I love this chick.

"Well, thanks- I guess." She blushed even more.

I smiled. "Thanks Lauren."

"Haha, you're welcome." She chuckled, and nodded goodbye.

"So I have some things to straighten out in my office. You can do whatever, but just know I'll miss you."

The bond had grown stronger over the night.

"I'll just read, so I guess I can come hang out with you, loser." She smiled.

"I'm not a loser!" I pouted.

"You're my loser, though." She turned and pecked my lips, scrambling off to grab a book.

She walked in the office a few minutes later, and plopped down on the couch.

An hour later a white paper came in sight. I was confused until I saw it was the envelope Judd told me about.

I opened it and took out the paper, my heart almost stopping at the words written.

Be careful what you throw yourself into.

Well, just be careful regardless. Especially with her. Because I have him. And she's next.

-M

-------------------

I love you guys! I'm sorry it's been slow but school and softball is getting overwhelming with cheer tryouts right around the corner as well. I'm just stressed.

But here!! I'm still amazed at 1 MILLION reads but hey, y'all are awesome, I already knew that.

**** VOTE AND COMMENT ****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

691K 6.7K 15
This is a sample of the story. If you would like to read the whole thing then please look it up on Amazon or check out the link on the last chapter...
723K 26.2K 37
Sam, a shy, 16 year old, closeted lesbian who has anxiety issues and abusive parents meets Avery, a soon to be Beta, who wasn't expecting to find her...
41.7K 767 25
Erin, a young girl who ran away as a child with her baby brother because of the harsh abuse of her mother is forced to live a life of shame to make e...