ᴇᴘʜᴇᴍᴇʀᴀʟ | Harry Potter X Re...

By padfootsQuill

After Y/N Black's mother was murdered along with the Potter's and her father was wrongfully sent to Azkaban... More

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ
00- 𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔩𝔬𝔲𝔤𝔢
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
𝔈𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔡 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯
-ʏᴜʟᴇ ʙᴀʟʟ ᴅʀᴇꜱꜱ-
- 𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔥 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯 -
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
𝔈𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔥 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯
-𝔉𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔥 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯-
58
59
60
61
62
63
64

40

15.2K 525 3.9K
By padfootsQuill

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

A/N: Sorry for the late chapter, my laptop broke so I had to finish writing it on my phone 😩

_____

Avoidance. Avoidance. Avoidance.

It's all Cedric seemed to be doing, and it was beginning to annoy her.

There were no more occasional greetings in the middle of the corridors, In fact, she hardly even saw him anymore.

And when Y/N did see him, she was there.

Cho was always there now. Even in the Great Hall, she and Cedric ate lunch together. 

Always near him.

Always with a sweet little smile on her face.

Harry had noticed too. 

When they'd walk in the halls, he'd catch a glimpse of Cedric and Cho together. Y/N wouldn't say anything, she'd just look away, mild disappointment on her face.

It made his blood boil.

Cedric had an opportunity to be with Y/N. 

With Y/N.

And he wasted it. 

The idiot.

Y/N didn't seem to be very upset. Perhaps it didn't have much of an effect on her, or she simply hid her feelings well.

It felt wrong to feel relieved. But he couldn't help it.

***

"YOU WHAT?" Hermione nearly shouted as Y/N explained the contents of the letter to her parents.

"Hermion-"

"No- you can't be serious! You- you run S.P.E.W with me! You can't own a house elf!" Hermione said, sitting down onto her bed, shocked.

"Hermione calm down-"

Hermione shot Y/N a glare. "Do not tell me to calm down! This is- it's horrific!"

Y/N rolled her eyes and leaned backwards into her bed as Hermione went on about how she had betrayed everything S.P.E.W stands for.

"Have you finished yet?" Y/N asked, raising an eyebrow.

Hermione huffed. "Yes."

"Alright, now it's my turn," Y/N said, sitting up and moving some hair away from her face.

"You saw how Winky is reacting to all of this, she's depressed, upset, and she's literally throwing tantrums. She needs a 'master' to feel good about herself because she was raised to serve."

"But-"

"Yes, yes I know it's not right" Y/N said cutting off Hermione's protest. "You know my parents, they'll treat her well, She won't have to do much anyways- maybe cooking? Or helping around the house.. I dunno, she likes helping.. besides, even though I'm sure she won't want it, I'll make sure she's offered sick leaves, payment and whatever else you think might be needed"

Hermione looked hesitant. The idea of owning a house elf sickened her, but the way in which Y/N had described it made it seem almost bearable.

"And you'll make sure she's given a proper bedroom?" Hermione asked, hesitantly.

Y/N gave her a small grin. "Winky can have my bedroom while we're at Hogwarts, and when i'm home I'll be her roommate" 

Hermione let out a loud exasperated sigh, "I suppose it's alright then.. but if she ever wants to be freed.. do you promise to free her?"

"Promise." Y/N said.

Hermione seemed rather pleased, though she wished that Winky would just accept life as a free elf, she did understand how distressed Winky was. 

"Where did you get that?" Y/N asked, noticing a singular red rose that sat on Hermione's bedside table.

Hermione let a small smile form on her face as she gently picked up the rose.

Y/N raised an eyebrow a small smirk playing at her lips. "By the look on your face, I'm assuming someone gave that to you"

Hermione rolled her eyes playfully. "Viktor gave it to me this morning" she said, gently tracing her finger along the outer edge of the petal.

***

"Potter! Black! Weasley! Will you pay attention?" Professor McGonagall said, watching in disappointment as Harry and Ron had been having a mini sword fight with Fred and George's fake wands, Y/N being a referee to the small match.

"They're almost done professor, just give us a moment-" 

"Black! Don't make me give you a detention, I know you've already got two this week with Professor Snape"

"It's actually three as of today" Y/N grinned smugly.

Professor McGonagall huffed, having only met 4 students in her time of teaching that had as many detentions as Y/N. Even Fred and George didn't have nearly as many as Y/N.

Ron and Harry put down the wands, amused at Y/N's response, Hermione simply sunk backwards into her chair.

"Now that Potter, Weasley and Black have been kind enough to act their age," said Professor McGonagall, with an irritated look at the three of them. "I have something to say to you all."

"The Yule Ball is approaching — a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity for us to socialize with our foreign guests. Now, the ball will be open only to fourth years and above — although you may invite a younger student if you wish —"

"Dress robes and formal attire will be worn," Professor McGonagall continued, "and the ball will start at eight o'clock on Christmas Day, finishing at midnight in the Great Hall. Now then —"

Professor McGonagall stared around the class.

"The Yule Ball is of course a chance for us all to — er — let our hair down," she said. "But that does NOT mean," Professor McGonagall went on, "that we will be relaxing the standards of behavior we expect from Hogwarts students. I will be most seriously displeased if a Gryffindor student embarrasses the school in any way."

She glanced a Y/N, who simply leaned forward on her desk, in boredom.

The bell rang, and everyone packed their bags and swung them onto their shoulders.

Professor McGonagall called above the noise, "Potter — a word, if you please."

Harry let out a defeated sigh, assuming he was about to get called out for sword fighting in class.

"We'll wait outside" Y/N said, as she, Ron and Hermione stepped outside of the classroom, the door shutting behind them.

"I'm guessing that's why I need to wear those hideous robes" Ron said, dread laced in his tone.

"They aren't.. that bad.." Hermione said.

"Yes they are" Y/N and Ron said. 

Y/N would've agreed with Hermione in an attempt to make Ron feel better if she hadn't already planned to buy him new ones.

The robes that Ron currently had were.. not appealing at all.

The colors clashed together horribly, and the lace was completely unnecessary.

She could have something ordered, besides she still needed to find a way to get herself a dress.

"Gee, thanks" Ron said rolling his eyes.

"You're welcome" Y/N said hiding a grin as Harry walked out, a look of pure bafflement on his face.

"What happened?" Ron asked as the four of them began to walk away.

"I have to dance- in front of everyone.." Harry said, his face growing pale. 

"I'm sure you'll surprise everyone with your amazing dancing skills" Y/N said with a playfully grin as she reached over to ruffle up Harry's already messy hair.

Harry rolled his eyes playfully at the gesture, and didn't bother attempting to flatten it. 

He loved when she touched his hair.

And she loved touching his hair. 

It was a perfect dynamic.

The moment that the Yule Ball had been brought up, Harry instinctively thought that Y/N would be his ideal date- partner.. 

Oh who was he kidding. Harry wanted more than anything to have Y/N holding onto his arm as they walked in front of the crowd of people. 

His Y/N. 

But he knew that'd be impossible. He'd never pluck up the courage.

So much for his Gryffindor bravery.

Over the course of the next few days, he had to witness first hand as Y/N was asked to the ball by a series of people.

Guys that he'd never seen before.

Boy's from Durmstang, Beauxbatons, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor and even Slytherin asked her out.

It made sense.

She was beyond beautiful.

Harry watched as Y/N quickly rejected them all.

He heard a series of;

'no, sorry'  

'I don't know who you are' 

'Uh- no, but thank you?'

Those were her 'nice' rejections. She was brutal when it came to people she didn't like.

There was Cormac McLaggen, a Gryffindor fifth year who was known for mindlessly dating lots of girls, in her words a 'man whore'

"Y/N is it?" Cormac said, as Y/N, Ron, and Harry walked back from Divination.

"Yes.." Y/N said, looking at him in annoyance.

Cormac smirked. "You. Me. Yule ball, you should be honored, I've rejected 3 girls for you."'

Ron and Harry shared disgusted looks.

"Why would I be honored?" Y/N raised an eyebrow. 

Cormac leaned against the wall, grinning."Because you'd be attending with me."

"And what's so special about you?"

Cormac staggered, having thought that Y/N would've agreed by now.

"Well- it's me, that should be good enough"

"Well, it's not." Y/N said, Ron snorted and Harry had to bite down on the inside of his cheek to keep a grin from surfacing.

"What-"

Y/N turned away from him with a roll of her eyes. "Shall we go?" She said. And they walked away,  Harry was very pleased.

It was similar with Adrian Pucey, a blood supremacist Slytherin who had the audacity to tell Y/N he was 'making an exception for her bloodtraitor status', claiming that at least she was a pureblood.

He walked away with boils on his face.

Of course Harry knew that she wouldn't do any of that to him if he asked her. 

He just couldn't build up the nerve. 

Besides, if she was rejecting everyone, it meant she was waiting for someone to ask her. 

And she was.

Though it seemed like a long shot at this point.

Cedric hadn't spoken to her at all since the first task. Yet, he was seen around with Cho every single day. 

Y/N understood if he didn't want anything romantic with her anymore, but to completely avoid her, to drop their entire year of friendship. 

It was simply rude. 

She'd be lying if she said it didn't hurt every time he averted his eyes from her in the corridor.

Why things between them had changed so quickly, she'd never understand.

***

Y/N watched from a distance as she put her books into her school bag.

Hermione spoke to Viktor Krum with a deep blush on her face. Krum smiled and nodded, bringing her hand to his lips and placing a soft kiss.

Y/N had never seen Hermione so flustered.

Hermione turned, smiling as she walked towards Y/N.

"What was that about?" Y/N asked, smirking.

"Viktor just asked me to the ball" Hermione said, unable to wipe the smile from her face. 

"Well? What did you say?" Y/N asked, also smiling. Hermione had only ever been this happy about books.

"I told him I'd think about it.."

Y/N furrowed an eyebrow, "are you waiting for anyone in specific?"

Hermione sighed, "well- not really.."

Before she was able to fully ask, her eye caught onto Cho Chang, walking in her direction. A guilty look on her face.

"Um— Y/N correct?" Cho asked, a mild Scottish accent in her voice.

"Yes.. that would be me" Y/N said, confused. What was happening?

"I was hoping to speak to you—" she glanced at Hermione with a small smile. "—in private.."

"Oh- of course" Hermione said, readjusting her bag on her shoulder before walking away.

Cho let out a small sigh. "I'd like to clear things up a bit.. for me" she said, spinning a ring on her finger. 

"To be honest- I'm a bit confused.. I've begun to speak to Cedric more over the last couple weeks, and I think there might be something between us" she said avoiding Y/N's eye. 

That's just lovely. 

She continued.

"But- that's where I'm not so sure.. I've read the papers and.. it seemed like you and Cedric were together—" she looked up "—I don't want to get in the way.. he's asked me to the ball and I don't want to accept until I'm sure that I haven't messed anything up.. I'm sorry"

Y/N sighed.

She wanted to hate her.

But how could she? The girl was practically asking for her blessing.

"There isn't anything between Cedric and I." Y/N said, watching as Cho's facial expression shifted to one of relief.

Maybe they had something at one point, but he'd obviously already chosen Cho, there'd be no point in messing it up for them.

"Oh- okay" Cho said kindly, "well.. I won't take up anymore of you time" she gave Y/N a small smile and walked away.

Y/N turned and began walking to the Gryffindor common room. 

Now, she needed a date.

***

"The Yule ball is first and foremost.. a dance" Professor McGonagall began as she strode into the Great Hall. 

The usual long tables had been cleared and the entirety of Gryffindor house (fourth years and up) were here. 

At those words excited murmurs began.

"Silence." She said, looking very stern. 

"The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly 10 centuries, I will not have you in course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving by like a babbling bumbling band of baboons"

"Oi- try saying that 5 times fast" Fred said tapping Y/N's shoulder.

"Babbling bumbling band of baboons, babbling bumbling band of baboons, babbling bumbling band of baboons, babbling bumbling band of baboons-" Fred and George began to say repeatedly.

A glare from Professor McGonagall shut them up, though they continued to mumble.

"To dance, is to let the body breathe." She continued. "Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight" 

Y/N rolled her eyes.

"Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance."

Ron, who was slouching and paying no attention, was snapped out of his trance one McGonagall called on him

"Mr Weasley"

"Yes?" Ron said, snapping his head up.

"Will you join me please" 

Ron groaned in annoyance and stood up, walking towards her. 

Fred, George, Y/N, Harry, all shared looks of amusement. 

"Now, place your right hand on my waist-" she said.

"-Where?" Ron said with a look of horror etched onto his face.

"On. my. waist." Professor McGonagall snapped.

Ron hesitantly moved his hand to her waist and turned with a glare as Fred whistled loudly, grinning hugely.

Y/N hid her face in her hands, unable to contain her laughter as the music began to play.

"One two three.. one two three.. one two three.. one two three.."

Harry was grinning widely as Fred and George swayed mockingly with the music.

"You're never gonna let him forget this are you?" Harry said, still grinning.

"Never" Fred and George said in unison.

"Everybody come together! Boys on your feet! Grab a partner and practice!"

"Your highness, will you do me the honor of having this dance" Fred said holding his hand out towards Y/N, a grin at his lips.

Rolling her eyes Y/N took his hand, "Of course, my favorite carrot head"

"Oi!" George protested playfully.

"Second favorite carrot head" Y/N corrected herself making Fred roll his eyes.

***

"But- You're eleven-" Y/N said in horror as a ravenclaw first year came up to her with flowers as she and Hermione walked to the great hall.

The boy's cheeks reddened. "Is that a no.."

Trying her best not to be rude, she crouched down a bit to his height. "You're just a tad bit too young for me" 

She stood back up and patted his head.

The boy looked highly offended and stormed off, shooting her a glare.

"So temperamental." Y/N said rolling her eyes..

Hermione watched with a grin. "You know, maybe he wasn't such a bad choice.."

"Oh shove off" Y/N said, as they walked into the great hall.

It was completely silent, everyone looking down at their books, Professor Snape monitoring the students.

Y/N and Hermione walked over and sat across from Harry and Ron.

They looked up and muttered 'hellos' to each other.

"Guess what" Hermione whispered, a grin tugging at her lips.

Ron and Harry looked at Hermione eagerly.

"Don't-" Y/N said

Hermione simply grinned. "—a first year just asked out Y/N"

Ron and Harry stifled their laughter, grinning.

"Funny is it? At least he actually had the courage to ask someone" Y/N said with a smirk making their grins falter.

Ron let out a groan and turned to look around. "This is mad- at this rate, we'll be the only ones in out year without a date" 

Hermione rolled her eyes.

Fred looked up, having eavesdropped on the conversation.

"Get a move on, or all the good ones will be gone," said Fred in a low whisper.

"Who're you going with, then?" said Ron, looking upset.

"Angelina," said Fred, a grin tugging at his lips.

"What?" said Ron, taken aback. "You've already asked her?"

"Good point," said Fred. He crumpled a piece of parchment, and tossed it at her head. 

Angelina, who had been speaking to one of her friends, looked over at him.

"What?" she mouthed, with a look of annoyance on her face.

"You," he mouthed, pointing at her.

"Want to go, to the ball" he held his arms out, mimicking a dance.

"With me" Fred pointed to thumbs at himself, his charming grin in place.

"To the ball?" She mouthed, Fred nodded. "Yes" she said quickly a smile now on her face.

Fred turned to Ron wiggling his eyebrows teasingly.

Ron rolled his eyes, seemingly more upset than before. Soon the study hall ended and all students were sent to their common rooms. 

Y/N, Harry, Ron and Hermione all sat down on the common room couch.

Ron took out a stack of exploding snaps and turned to Harry.

"We should get a move on, you know . . . ask someone. Fred's right. We don't want to end up with a pair of trolls."

Hermione let out a gasp ."A pair of . . . what, excuse me?"

Though completely astounded Ron would say something like that, Y/N still found their bickering highly entertaining.

"Well — you know," said Ron, shrugging.

"Oh I see," Hermione said, huffing. "So basically, you're going to take the best-looking girl who'll have you, even if she's completely horrible?"

"Er — yeah, that sounds about right," said Ron casually.

"I'm going to bed," Hermione snapped, and she swept off toward the girls' dormitories glaring daggers at Ron.

***

"I actually don't know what the dress is going to look like" Hermione said as Y/N sent off delivery request for Ron's Dress robes. She'd opted for some good quality black dress robes, they were rather expensive, but Ron deserved something nice.

"Really?" Y/N said feeding Hedwig a treat, she looked rather bored since Harry hadn't used her in months.

Hermione nodded as they departed. "I told my mum that perhaps a blue would be pretty, but it'll be a nice surprise once it's mailed in, what about yours?"

"Well- I'm not sure if I want to go.."

"What?" Hermione said, shocked.

the truth was, Y/N couldn't fathom the idea of spending hours watching Cho and Cedric together, especially with a stranger at her arm.

It wouldn't even be enjoyable.

"Well.. I don't have date, so I never asked for a dress" Y/N said.

Hermione let out a groan and looked extremely disappointed, "but- so many people have asked you!"

Y/N shrugged, "I didn't want to go with any of them"

Hermione sighed, "can't you think of anyone you could go with? Oh! Go with Harry!"

"Harry?"

"You're friends, and you both need dates" she shrugged. 

It made sense..

But what if Harry didn't want to go with her?

The last thing she wanted was for him to agree out of pity.

"Alright, I'll ask" Y/N said as they left the tower.

They walked through the corridors, towards the Gryffindor Common Room. 

Christmas decorations had already been set up, it looked even better than usual. It almost obvious that Hogwarts was trying to impress the guest schools, icicles had been neatly attached to the banisters of the marble staircases, and rows of Christmas trees were decorated to its typical perfection.

They had even gone as far as to bewitch the suits of armor to sing Christmas carols.

It was incredibly interesting to hear "O Come, All Ye Faithful" sung by an empty helmet that only knew half the words. 

Several times, Filch had to remolve Peeves from inside the armor, where he had hid, filling in the gaps in the songs with his own rendition.

O come, all ye faithful,  —ugly—   and triumphant

O come ye, o come ye to Bethlehem

O come and  —chuck—  Him, born the King of Angels

O come, let us adore Him

O come, let us  —bite—  Him

O come, let us adore Him

—fuck—  the Lord

"PEEVES! GET OUT OF THERE!" Filch shouted angrily, banging at the suit of armors.

Peeves flew out a huge grin on his face, throwing a pile of confetti into the air as he flew away cackling.

Harry and Y/N stifled laughs as they walked past a seething Filch.

It'd been a couple days since she decided she would ask Harry to the ball. 

She wanted to be straight forward with it, to get it over with and have a secure date.

But every time she had an opportunity, she'd feel a wave of nervousness wash over her, she didn't know why.

They'd just be going as friends after all. 

Harry too had been trying to muster up the courage to ask her, though he didn't necessarily want to go as friends. 

"Fairy lights," Harry said to the Fat Lady.

Shooting a rude look at Y/N (which she still despised) the fat lady flung open to let them in.

Entering the common room, Y/N's eyes landed on Ron, who sat in a corner an expressionless look on his face.

"Are you alright Ron?" said Harry walking over to him, Y/N following closely behind.

Ron looked up at them, a look of horror in his face.

"Why did I do it?" he said blankly. "I don't know what made me do it!"

"What?" said Y/N.

"He just asked Fleur Delacour to go to the ball with him," said Hermione, seemingly very amused by the entire situation. She looked as though she was fighting back a smile, but looked back down at her parchment.

Y/N bit onto the inside of her cheek to keep a small laugh from surfacing, she could already imagine what had happened.

"You what?" said Harry.

"I don't know what made me do it!" Ron gasped again. "What was I playing at? There were people — all around — I've gone mad — everyone watching! I was just walking past her in the entrance hall — she was standing there talking to Diggory — and it sort of came over me — and I asked her!"

Ron groaned and put his face in his hands. He kept talking, stuttering over his words.

"She looked at me like I was a sea slug or something. Didn't even answer. And then — I dunno — I just sort of came to my senses and ran for it."

"You ran?" Y/N said, no longer able to hide her grin.

"Shut up! I was under a lot of pressure!" Ron said angrily, only making Y/N look away to try and contain herself.

"This is mad," said Ron, slumping into his chair. "We're the only ones left who haven't got anyone — well, except Neville. Hey — guess who he asked? Hermione!"

"What?" said Harry

"Yeah, I know!" said Ron as he started to laugh. "He told me after Potions! Said she's always been really nice, helping him out with work and stuff — but she told him she was already going with someone. Ha! As if! She just didn't want to go with Neville . . . I mean, who would?"

Y/N glared at him, "Neville's going with Ginny."

Ron rolled his eyes, huffing defensively"it's a pity date, it doesn't count" 

"All the good-looking ones taken, Ron?" said Hermione, once again looking up from the parchment she was writing on.

Harry sat down onto the couch, sharing a look with Y/N. 

So their daily bickering began.

An idea seemed to have clicked in Ron's head. "Hermione, Neville's right — you are a girl. . . ." 

"Oh well spotted," she said bitterly.

"Well — you can come with one of us!"

"No, I can't," snapped Hermione.

"Oh come on," he said impatiently, "we need partners, we're going to look really stupid if we haven't got any, everyone else has . . ."

"I can't come with you," said Hermione, now blushing, "because I'm already going with someone."

Y/N couldn't wait to see the look on Ron's face once he'd figure out who it was.

"No, you're not!" said Ron. "You just said that to get rid of Neville!"

"Oh did I?" said Hermione. "Just because it's taken you three years to notice, Ron, doesn't mean no one else has spotted I'm a girl!"

Ron stared at her. Then he grinned again."Okay, okay, we know you're a girl," he said. "That do? Will you come now?"

"Idiot" Y/N muttered.

"I've already told you!" Hermione said now very angry. "I'm going with someone else!"

And she stormed off toward the girls' dormitories again. 

"She's lying," said Ron flatly, watching her go.

"She's not," said Y/N grinning.

"Who is it then?" said Ron.

"If she's not telling you, I'm not telling you," 

Ron groaned, standing up in annoyance. "I'm off to bed" He said, turning to Harry "you coming?"

The same thought ran through both Y/N and Harry's head.  

It was now or never.

"Er- Yeah, I'll be up in a bit" Harry said, glancing at Y/N. 

Ron mumbled and 'alright' and left up the stairs.

Silence.

"I've been meaning to ask you something" Y/N said, suddenly feeling that wave of nervousness again.

"Me too" Harry said, scratching the back of his neck.

"You can go first" Y/N said, desperately wanting to stall her question.

Harry eyes slightly widened realizing he now had to ask, there was no backing out. "Alright- um.." he tried to muster his most confident voice.

"Willyougototheballwithme?" He said quickly, his face warming.

"Er- could you repeat that?" Y/N said, for the first time, noticing the hint of redness on his face. 

A blush?

Harry took a deep breath.

"Will you go to the ball with me?" He said.

That certainly made everything easier.

Before even giving Y/N a chance to respond Harry frantically continued, "if you don't want-"

Y/N let a small grin form on her face, "of course I'll go with you" 

Harry paused, not having expected it to go that smoothly. "Really?"

"Yeah" she said, tucking her wand further into her pocket. "I was actually going to ask you" 

Y/N wanted to go with him? 

The mere thought of that was enough to shock Harry, but hearing it from her sent him spiraling.

"Really?" Harry said, a deep flutter at the pit of his stomach.

Y/N nodded as she stood up, "it'll be fun, besides, I'd much rather go with my friend instead of one of those arrogant pricks."

Friend.

He hated that word.

Wishing him a 'goodnight' Y/N went off to her dorm, leaving Harry to stare into the crackling fire.

So what if they were going as friends? They were still going together.

He was going to the ball with Y/N, she was his date.

The image of him walking into the ball with Y/N at his arm sat on the forefront of his mind.

He wasn't able to wipe the smile from his face.

__________________

A/N: The blue Yule ball dress has the most comments, I'll be describing it in the next chapter, but feel free to imagine something else if you prefer <3

𝔈𝔭𝔥𝔢𝔪𝔢𝔯𝔞𝔩

________

"ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴀꜱᴛ"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9K 420 28
Given a second chance at life, Sirius Black is sent into hiding by the Order yet again -- this time in the Muggle world to heal from the scars of his...
913K 24.6K 70
Ever wanted to see Sirius Black and Remus Lupin try to raise a baby girl? Ever wanted to picture Mad-eye Moody at a tea party? Ever wanted to see Si...
394K 15.5K 131
'And he's the best fuck that ever walked. He's beautiful - rich, in money and everything else; he's a rockstar to boot, trapped in the body of a figh...
14K 161 32
Now forced into a sub-alliance within the Order of the Phoenix, Sirius Black and Hogwarts Headmaster Severus Snape are living with their wives Collee...