When Lemon Meets Smoke

By sammyforprez

Adelaide Elizabeth Tanelter in three words is clever, loyal, and intriguing. A pureblood witch that rejected... More

characters
synopsis
playlist
polaroids
prologue
wearing her down
putty in her hands
without you, we are lost
flufflepuff
oblivious
levicorpus
amortentia
flirtatious wins
party animals
the first step
libraries and brothers
lunar gossip
blonde importance
monsters don't fold socks
killer queen
angels and veritaserum
birthdays and backstories
leather, lockets, and love oh my
drunk in love
broom cupboards
polaroids part two
confessions and god complexes
elephant in a room of lions
code turquoise
sniffles and sketchbooks
dog dates
brotherly advice of sorts
mistakes have been made
hurt hearts and faces
prove it
a boat load of plans
dates secured
the boys
the girls
photos for mum
in love with somebody else
returning home
peter gets girls and sirius gets greenhouses
atta boy moony
no longer unspoken
welcoming 1977
morgue snackers
the one that deserved better
the power of a word
mend the unchangeable
letters from home, well sort of
the end-all
the promise of a friend
water is thicker than blood

disco ball for your body

7.9K 238 255
By sammyforprez

December 30th, 1976

-Adelaide-

The girls had finally joined Adelaide and the boys left their group whole once more.

The nine Gryffindors were currently in London enjoying the Christmas decorations that still covered the town as they searched for their New Year's outfits.

Sirius, James, Mary, and Marlene had separated from the group about an hour in due to their determination to keep their outfits a surprise.

Adelaide, Lily, Dorcas, who was currently searching through racks of dresses, had simply rolled their eyes and agreed to meet them at a corner coffee shop in a few hours.

Peter and Remus had plopped down on a sofa by the changing rooms choosing to stay with the three girls.

"Isn't this one lovely?" Dorcas asked as she held up a mid-lengthened light purple dress with a huge smile on her face.

Adelaide smiled, "Purple is your color."

"I think it's stunning Dorc," Lily replied.

Peter nodded his head enthusiastically while Remus gave her a thumbs up.

Dorcas smiled wide and skipped off to find shoes to match her new dress.

Lily chuckled, "I'm going to go look over at the green dresses," she glanced at the blonde girl next to her, "you staying here with the boys?"

Adelaide stole a glance towards her male companions. Remus and Peter were moving a sequin dress around, watching how the light reflected in colorful ways causing the girl to chuckle, "Yeah, I'll be with the boys."

Lily laughed before walking off towards another section.

"Ads, I really think you should get this dress... it's like a disco ball but for your body!" Peter said, his eyes never leaving the dress, completely hypnotized.

"Shiny..." Remus said in some sort of agreement.

Adelaide raised a brow before pulling the dress out of their hands, "And that is enough of that."

The boys whined in disappointment.

"Oh shush, come on let's go pick out your outfits."

Peter jumped up from his spot, "I want to get a new shirt!"

The blonde smiled before looking over at the werewolf that had not gotten up from his seat on the sofa.

"Rem?"

"I'm all set in the clothing department... I've got stuff to wear," Remus replied with a small smile towards the blonde girl.

Adelaide was well aware of her friend's financial situation and his dislike to bring awareness to it.

The blonde girl was the polar opposite. Despite being disowned and losing access to her parents' fortune, Adelaide was quite rich. Her grandfather's unwavering love for her left the girl with every galleon and treasure he possessed upon his death during her fifth year.

But, in Adelaide's mind, it wasn't her money. It was shared between her and her wolfie sidekick... even if he refuses to accept it.

"Peter, I have an outfit in mind for you and I need a black turtle neck in your size. Could you go find one for me bubala?" Adelaide asked sweetly to which the blonde boy happily ran off to find the top.

"Be right back!"

Remus sighed, knowing what was to come, "Ads, I-"

"Hush up, Moony. You will be getting a new outfit, even if it is just a jumper and slacks. I will not argue with you."

"I can't let you spend your money on me, Ads," Remus argued despite knowing deep down it was a lost cause because Adelaide has never lost this argument. 

"What's mine is yours, you might as well embrace it," Adelaide said softly as she sat down next to the sandy-haired boy, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"I just wish you wouldn't waste your money on me," Remus replied softly.

"I don't know why you are so against me buying you things. Most people would die for a hot sugar mama like me." Adelaide teased causing Remus to groan and shave her off his shoulder feigning annoyance.

"You're insufferable." 

"I love you too."

Remus smiled softly at the reminder as Adelaide stood up and held out her hand.

"Come on, your outfit won't design itself." 

Remus grasped his platonic soulmate's hand and let her pull him up and towards the chaos of clothes behind her.

"I found it!" Peter exclaimed as he came racing back to his friends.

A smile spread on the girl's face, "Wonderful! Now I just need to find those tan pants I saw earlier..." 

"You mean the ones in that pile you created in the corner?" Remus asked with a knowing smirk.

Adelaide turned around and sure enough, there sat the pants and jacket she had pulled aside for Peter, "Ah yes, thank you Remmy." She walked over and picked up a small pile of tan clothing, "Over here bubala, I want you to put these on for me, please."

Peter eagerly took the clothing for he loved when the girl picked outfits out for him. She never failed to make him feel confident and he has yet to dislike a style she's created for him. Adelaide knew him too well to ever pick something he wouldn't love. She was truly his favorite person.

As Peter walked off to get changed Adelaide turned around with a handful of clothes with a shit-eating grin plastered on her face.

"Ads-"

"Shut up moon boy and put these on."

"Yes ma'am."

*

After a few hours and a large purchase of clothes and accessories, the group of nine were now seated in the coffee shop listening to Mary talk about the cute cashier that she purchased her dress from.

"Fuck Gideon am I right?" Marlene said sarcastically.

Mary threw her napkin at the girl across from her, "Shut up, we aren't officially together so there is no rule that I can't appreciate another man's beauty." 

Marlene snorted which caused Mary to glare at her friend before looking to the others for help, "Come on! Adie, Lily, Dorcas, back me up here!" 

"Definitely no rule."

"Doesn't exist."

"I like women. I don't look at men anyways."

The group was silent for a minute, just staring at Dorcas before bursting into laughter.

"That's right, darling," Marlene said as she placed a kiss on the side of Dorcas's head.

Suddenly Sirius stopped, "Wait a minute!" He snapped his head towards his witch, "Do you appreciate other guys' beauty often?" 

Adelaide smirked, "Of course."

Sirius was flabbergasted but Adelaide decided not to send her wizard into an internal spiral today.

"I think about how gorgeous Moony here is every time I look at him."

Sirius released a sigh and shot the girl a playful glare.

"Ladies love the scars," Remus replied with a chuckle. 

"Same with the lads from what I've heard," Lily said smugly. 

Remus tensed for a second causing Adelaide to reply for him, "As they should. Remus Lupin, the beautiful enigma."  

Remus shot her a small gracious smile which the blonde simply winked in return.

The group then broke into a discussion about the party they would be attending the following night.

Sirius, who seemed to still be thinking about the previous conversation, was completely zoned out.

Adelaide leaned over to the raven-haired boy that sat to her left and whispered in his ear, "Stop worrying, you and I both know I only have eyes for you."

A soft smile appeared on his face instead of his usual smirk as he reached under the table and grasped her small hand. "You mean Moony and me?"

Adelaide smiled as she knocked her shoulder into his, "Of course I mean you and Moony."

Sirius let out a small chuckle while Adelaide turned her attention back to her friends' conversation while Sirius kept his attention on her and their interlocked hands.

hey, besties!!!

i'm so sorry you haven't heard from me in a while.

i was going through some stuff and needed to unclutter my mind a bit

before i sat down and tried to continue this story.

but i'm back!!!

how are you all? i hope well.

i have mixed feelings on this chapter as it is sort of a filler

but more exciting things are to come very very soon!

what have you all been reading?

personally, i have been reading a lot of six of crows and marvel stories lately

see you next time

xxx

-sammy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

440K 10.7K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...
137K 5.6K 74
"You kissed Sirius," I sob. "I know, Cordelia." He whispers. "It's so horrible." "Yes, it is. I wish you hadn't had to see that," I rest my head agai...
1.3M 55.5K 158
COMPLETED "I despise you, Sirius Black." "No, no you don't."...
18.4K 727 38
She was tired, she was so bloody tired of it all. From the constant nagging and picking and pulling to the waking up at 6 am everyday to do that stup...