killer queen

October 31st, 1976

-Sirius-

Halloween has always been one of the Marauder's favorite days out of the school year. It always starts with a prank during breakfast and this year did not disappoint. In fact, it was keeping Sirius quite entertained during Transfiguration. He chuckled as the male Slytherins he shared the class with fiddle with their sparkly pink princess dresses they couldn't seem to remove.

Adie is a bloody genius.

Sirius looked across the room to see the blonde beauty laughing at something with the person next to her, a sandy-haired boy that's name started with either an M or an N. The sight left a bitter taste in Sirius's mouth causing him to curse McGonagall for his current seating arrangement. The woman had taken the liberty of separating the three most unruly marauders during her class for the next two weeks in an attempt to limit their disruptions as they had caused a rather large explosion last Friday. The professor placed Sirius in the front on the far left of the classroom while Adelaide was on the right and James was in the middle but eight rows behind. While Potter sat next to Peter, the Black was paired with Mary Macdonald, one of Adelaide's dormmates. She was a nice enough girl but he would much rather be with one witty female marauder.

If looks could kill the boy messing around with Adelaide would be long gone but much to Sirius's dismay the boy was still very much alive. His glares not only caught the attention of his friends sitting a few rows back, laughing at their friend's obvious distress but also the raven-haired girl next to him.

Mary's voice knocked him out of his angry trance, "If you don't stop staring at her I'm going to transform you into a teacup."

"Whatever," the boy grumbled in return.

"Careful Black you're jealousy is showing," she replied shooting him a sarcastic smile. "You know she is allowed to talk to guys other than your pesty foursome and there is nothing you can do to stop it so just let it go, Nico, isn't bad."

Nico is it? Stupid name. Suits him.

"Macdonald you wildly underestimate me," Sirius replied with a smirk, "watch me."  With that the boy stood up, climbing up on his desk against his partner's colorful complaints. "ADELAIDE ELIZABETH TANELTER" he yelled across the room catching the whole class's attention. McGonagall mumbled a 'why do I even try' with a shake of her head.

Adelaide looked over at her friend in amusement and replied sweetly, "Yes Sirius Orion Black?"

A smile took over his face, "Just wanted the class to recognize that you look absolutely breathtaking today." He sent her a wink before returning to his seat.

A loud laugh came from the back of the class which Sirius presumed to be Prongs. The class rolled their eyes while McGonagall informed him that his disruptions were not welcome and he would be seeing her in detention on Monday. He swore her eyes twinkled a little as she looked between Adelaide and him shaking her head.

The punishment was well worth it once he saw the bright smile the blonde was giving him as she laughed at his antics. He didn't miss how her face had turned a few shades redder nor did he miss the annoyed look the sandy-haired boy was sporting as Adelaide seemed to have forgotten about him, completely ignorant to his presence as she watched her friend.

"Honestly Black," Mary sighed, "I'll give it to you, that was clever."

Sirius just laughed before going back to his work.

Padfoot 1 - Nico 0

*

After the feast, Marlene dragged Adelaide and Lily to their dorm to begin getting ready for the annual Halloween party in the Hufflepuff common room. This left the four boys alone in their dorm making predictions on what the girl's costumes would be. Every year the three have done a group costume and every year the boys try and guess it. Well 3/4 of them guessed, Remus was more interested in the book he was reading than putting in his two cents on their female companion's outfits for the night.

"I think birds. I heard McKinnon mention wings." Peter exclaimed.

James scoffed, "Definitely not, Whiskers is afraid of birds, remember?"

Sirius laughed at the memory of a twelve-year-old Adie using him as a human shield to 'protect' herself from a duck. "Butterflies?" he proposed.

"Yeah! Lily-Flower had just read a book on butterflies last month!" James cheered.

Peter piped up, "Moony what do you think?"

"It isn't butterflies," the boy responded simply as he flipped the page of his novel.

"What do you mean... Wait! Do you know what their costumes are?" Sirius shouted ad the other two boys looked at Remus with shocked faces.

Remus rolled his eyes but never looked up from his book, "of course I know, Ads asks for my opinion every year."

"BLASPHEMY!"

"MOONY!"

"EVERY YEAR?"

The boys shouted in sync causing Remus to jump slightly before looking over at his friends, "Come on, let's get ready." The three grumbled at him, quite upset he was chosen to be in the know while they had to stay in the dark but nonetheless agreed and began getting changed.

They had decided on dressing up as the members of Queen, the marauder's favorite muggle band. James was in a black button-up and black pants with a white vest to complete his Brian May getup. Remus was in a white button-up, a pair of rainbow suspenders, and dark blue trousers with a pair of drumsticks in his back pocket as he chose to be Roger Taylor. Peter had a pair of leather pants and a pale blue shirt with thin black horizontal stripes and a deep v with a black jacket, his attempt at a John Deacon costume. Naturally, Sirius went as Freddie Mercury with a pair of leather pants, no shirt, and a pair of gold suspenders.

After a solid 30 minutes of fixing his hair, Sirius was finished, "I think we're ready... let's get drunk."

kind of a filler

chapter but at the

same time, it is kind

of needed.

also thank you so much for

all the votes and over 2k reads! ah!

i also LOVE reading your comments