Unforgettable Moments With Th...

By x1hyeongjun1130

After the concert with his sunbaenims, James then started to prepare for his debut showcase. How was his prep... More

Part 160
Part 161
Part 162
Part 163
Part 164
Part 165
Part 166
Part 167
Part 169
Part 170

Part 168

29 1 0
By x1hyeongjun1130

2024.7.27

Time check: 6:00 am. I then woke up and did my entry today instead of yesterday, due to tiredness.

Good day, everyone! Look. 8 days from now will be my debut showcase slash fan concert. Starting from today, I will market myself and let my presence be known. I hope, you supporters, will promote me to your friends and colleagues. I wish to win just once as a soloist. 

The entry then ended. I then left the room for a while to eat breakfast. Turns out that the food is almost done cooking. I just woke up at a perfect time. 

While eating, Krystal manager-nim then asked me, "Sunbae, since your debut will be next week, if you will be the one deciding, would you want to perform live or a pre-recorded performance?"

"Of course, live, sunbae! It's just my personal preference. I receive some comments that I perform better when the performance is live, instead of pre-recorded."

"Luckily, I chose the right option. Your voice in the recording of Imagine and Don't Stop is great, but when you performed it live during your promotions, for me, it sounded so much better. Hence, the comments from the people."

She then asked me, "Send me your performances in the 6 music shows. I need to submit it within the week."

"Performances? I thought I could only perform one song?"

"Some artists perform two songs. This is just my personal preference, but I think, sunbae, you should perform three songs on one performance."

"A trilogy, just like the songs my best friend will perform on the opening?"

I added, "That's actually great, manager-nim, but I don't know what 3 songs to perform. Of course, I need to do The Best of Me, because it's the title track."

"I don't know if this will turn out good, but what about a medley of The Beginning, The Best of Me, and Memories of Seoul?"

"That's actually a good combination, manager-nim. However, the order of the songs seems off and doesn't sound right."

Jeonghwan hyung then added and said, "I agree with you, sunbae. The order of the songs seems off to me as well. From a relaxing song to a heavily upbeat song to a heavily ballad song."

Seunghoon hyung then joined and said, "Sunbae, maybe we try Memories of Seoul first, since it has a relaxing vibe. Then, The Beginning was a mix of ballad and pop, and you conclude it with The Best of Me, which has an upbeat sound."

"That's actually what I was thinking, hyung. But, for me, manager-nim, let's do this starting the second week of promotions, or should we try this on the first week?"

She then suggested me something, "For the first week, maybe try a medley of two songs. But the final decision will be made by them. Hopefully, they agreed."

We both said together, "The Beginning and The Best of Me?"

"It's best to promote my solo songs in the music shows. If I can perform all of the songs in the album, why don't I?"

"I'll send these list of songs we've agreed to the company first. Soon, the performances will be revealed to us."

Seunghoon hyung then said, "Hopefully, it's in our favor, Soojung. But good thing that they allowed you, James sunbae, to perform live."

"Hey. Seunghoon oppa. Why are you calling me by my Korean name?"

She then showed me the list of works until my debut showcase. 

July 27, 1:00 pm - Variety show with Kim Daniel
July 28, 9:00 am - Solo guesting in a variety show + solo performance
July 29, 10:00 am - Solo photoshoot + solo interview
July 29, 3:00 pm - The Best Of Me (Live Band Ver.)
July 30, 2:00 pm - The Best Of Me (Studio Choom)
July 31, 10:00 am - Solo guesting in another variety show
July 31, 7:00 pm - MV Reaction + The Best of Me cheering guide
August 1, 1:00 pm - Another interview guesting with Kim Daniel
August 2 - Debut showcase / fan-con dry run
August 3, 9:00 am - Photoshoot + interview with Kim Daniel
August 3, 6:00 pm - IG Live
August 4, 2:00 pm - Debut press conference
August 4, 8:00 pm - Start of debut showcase / fan-con 

That's a lot. I wonder how will I manage to fill in the times for the practices. 

"Sunbae, if I may, can I have a copy of the schedule as well? I didn't expect to have many works."

"You know how much negotiating I did on some of those? That was supposed to be done last week, but because you are into practicing, I told them to do some of those within the week." 

"What I mean, manager-nim, is that, I haven't debuted officially, but to do these works? I am indeed grateful."

"Just like what I've told you, sunbae, works will come to us, and not us looking for works. Dasurv!"

I then laughed. 

"What are we waiting for? Let's prepare and we will leave at 8:15 am."

"I'll wash the dishes."

"I'll do it, sunbae. Take a bath first. I'll choose your wardrobe later."

We then prepared for the first work. I then took a bath, and after a while, my clothes are now ready. I then dressed up, and fixed myself before leaving the dorm. 

Another work with my best friend? Count me in! 

While I was in the vehicle, I opened my fan account, and look what I just saw: some moments with us. However, when I see the name, I cringed so hard that even my other companions saw me in disgust. 

"Sunbae, why?"

"Look. I knew their intentions were good, but the ship name? Janiel? Really? That name?"

"But why?"

"It sounded off. But, you know what? During our high school days, we were mostly called as the '02 Bros, as we were both born in, you guess it. 2002. Sometimes, we were called as the maknaez, as we two are the youngest in the whole batch. Aside from that, we have another name: The Market Brothers."

I asked them, "Do you know what my surname is, don't you? It was announced twice in the graduation ceremony. Hence, the name Market Brothers."

Seunghoon hyung then said, "But your best friend's surname isn't Mercado."

"That's his middle name. Daniel John Mercado Kim."

Krystal then said, "But I love your second name, though. James Avery Mercado."

"Avery? That really sounds American."

"But you know, some Filipinos really have American first names, but a Spanish last name. You know, we were colonized by 3 and a third centuries?"

"But I was curious of Christopher's real name."

"His name was the longest. He had 4 first names."

"4? It's really rare to have 3 first names, but 4?"

"John Joseph Mark Christopher Mercado Kim. Very long, right?"

"They both have John in their names."

"I can't call Daniel by his second name, because of that reason. Christopher doesn't want to call him just Chris. That's why most of the time, I call him by his Korean name, Kim Minseo."

"You rarely call your best friend by his Korean name."

"That's because Daniel is common here. Besides, I am used to calling him by his real name. I rarely use it when emotions are too high. Whether there are confessions, or when we're both mad at each other."

"It's scary when Daniel sunbae gets mad."

"Very true. Personal experience. Those are the times."

The conversation then continued until we arrived at the venue at around 10:00 am. 

We arrived an hour early (call time is 11 am). That's okay, since it's better to be early than late. 

Krystal then fixed my appearance. I trust her so much that she is the one who will choose what clothes to wear, as well as some application of make-up. 

30 minutes later, Daniel and his manager-nim arrived at the same waiting room as I do. They both greeted us. We greeted them back. 

Time check: 11:30 am. 90 minutes before the filming. Daniel and I decided to walk around the set, and greet everyone who will be meeting along the way. 

We did take pictures of each other in the set. After 15 minutes of having photoshoot in the set, we then went back to the dressing room. 

Time check: 12:00 pm. 60 minutes before the filming. We were able to have a photo opportunity with the ones who will interview us. 

We then thanked them for this opportunity, and we hope for the best later. 

Time check: 12:30 pm. Both of our managers told us something before we start. 

"You all know James' debut will be in a week. Actually, the company wants the both of you to have a reality show just by yourselves."

"I know, sunbae, that you will both agree to this. Am I right?"

"It's my dream to have our own reality show. We've been together for some works, and just to have this by ourselves, I'm really down for it."

"I'm really game for it; however, I am worried that it might overlap my scheduled works. My debut will be next week and promotions will take a month. I might have no time to rest."

"We won't let that happen."

"That's all the information we've gathered for now. They are finalizing the date, but probably it will be before Chuseok break. Focus on your debut first."

We then both rested before the work. 

Time check: 1:00 pm. The work then started. We all had a good time in this work, as the hosts interviewed the both of us, as well as us best friends promoting each other's albums. 

We then had a surprise performance (it really is a surprise, because we haven't been told that we'll perform). We just did an impromptu of 20 years (I did the harmonizing part and it just felt so good to perform it before my official debut). 

Time check: 3:00 pm. The work has ended. I then thanked everyone for making this work possible. 

We decided to leave the site early, as I have prior commitments to do. I need to practice for the debut showcase, while Daniel and his manager-nim has another work for today. 

Time check: 5:00 pm. We then arrived at the building. I then practiced for 4 hours. 

I need to practice, since my debut will be in one week. I don't want my performances to mess up. 

I just practiced the lyrics to all of the songs, in hopes of remembering all of the songs. I even tried to dance the choreography to The Best of Me, so that I will perform well on my debut showcase. 

Time check: 10:15 pm. I then went home and rested for tomorrow. I need to wake up early tomorrow, because of some works. 

I then sent an alarm for 5:00 am, as I have a work at 9:00 am tomorrow. 

2024.7.28

Time check: 5:10 am. I got so tired yesterday, that I missed 10 minutes on my alarm. I then prepared a cup of tea for breakfast. I need to lessen my caffeine consumption. 

I then had a piece of cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Manager-nim gave me some, since she knew that this is my to-go snack. 

Really, manager-nim? You ordered 12 pieces of cinnamon rolls just for me?? That's so sweet of you. 

After I ate my breakfast, I then prepared. Manager-nim chose my outfit for today (she really has good fashion taste; that's why I trust her in my outfits whenever I go outside). 

Time check: 7:00 am. We then left the dorm and went to the second work. It was my second individual guesting, and I need to prepare myself physically, mentally, and emotionally. 

Time check: 7:40 am. We arrived at the work site. Manager-nim then fixed my appearance

Time check: 9:00 am. The work then started. The guesting was indeed fun, I should say. It's my second time to be interviewed, so I just gave my best in everything they throw at me (questions, challenges, and everything). 

I just had fun working with them! Cannot wait when this episode I appeared will be released. 

Time check: 12:00 pm. The work then ended. I then thanked everyone who made this work possible. I just had fun being on the set with them. 

Lunch break it is!! I then had some cinnamon buns and a cup of hot chocolate, as I still have work to do after th

Time check: 3:00 pm. After that rest, I then went straight to practice. I then had a runthrough of all of the songs I'll be performing. 

I finished practicing until 9:00 pm. I then slept afterwards and need to prepare for tomorrow's event. 

2024.7.29

The usual. It's time for another work. The photoshoot in the morning was indeed successful!! I love the summer theme of the photoshoot. Then, it followed by a quick interview after the photoshoot. I then had some fun answering the questions I've never been asked. 

Time check: 1:00 pm. The work then ended. It's time for another work: the live band version of The Best of Me. 

As I am on the way to the venue where I will do the live band version, I wonder if I can re-arrange the song in a way that I have full control of the arrangement and key of the song, since that's my song and I can unleash my creative and musical juices. 

Time check: 2:00 pm. We then arrived at the venue. Manager-nim told me to change clothes to her suggested wardrobe. She told me that the rehearsal for the live version will start at 3:00 pm, while the actual performance will be at 4:15 pm.

A 75-minute rehearsal? Let's go!! 

Time check: 3:00 pm. The rehearsal then started. I then told the band to play the song, so that I will have an idea on how will the song turn out. 

I then tried to sing it one time; however, I feel like that the arrangement is off to me. I then requested once again the band, if ever, to re-arrange once again the song to make it a rock version. 

That will be so cool, if ever!

They told me that they wanted that arrangement in the beginning; however, they told me that I may not like their arrangement.

Same braincells!! 

We then rehearsed the rock version of the song. Turns out that we both liked the arrangement, so we just had fun performing! 

Time check: 4:15 pm. The performance then started. We just gave it all and enjoyed the performance. 

Time check: 4:30 pm. After the live band version of the song, I then thanked everyone for the nice work! Honestly, it feels relieving that the band followed my request (and coincidentally, they wanted to have this version as well). 

I love the version!! Hopefully, I can release this arrangement soon!!

We then left the work site, and thanked them for the nice work!! I really had fun in the arrangement, so I just sing that version in the car. 

Time check: 5:00 pm. While still vibing in the song, I then switched my account to my fan account. I then saw one tweet that pre-orders for my latest album reached 600,000 copies. Lounge #89 pre-orders reached 15,000. 

600,000 copies?!?! Woahhh. That's how much they love me??? 

And to think about it. My debut will be in one week. 

Time check: 6:00 pm. We then arrived at the building to practice once again. I then practiced for three hours, focusing on the choreography, since I somewhat forgot the steps. 

I then went home at 9:50 pm, took a bath, and had a cup of tea before I fall asleep. I need to be

2024.7.30

Today's the day!! I will then perform at Studio Choom!!! I performed The Best of Me there and I am honored to perform there. 

It just feels surreal!! I can't believe that I'm performing there!!

Nothing really significant happened after that, as I decided to go home and practice there instead. 

2024.7.31

Last day of July. D-5 of my debut. Here comes another work: another variety show, but this time, I was the only one invited, together with some of my seniors. I honestly don't watch some variety shows then, as I am too focused on my studies, and my business. 

I just had fun there and get along, even though I am a bit confused on what's going on. 

Time check: 2:00 pm. I then went to the building and practiced on the flow of the fan-con. 

I was there practicing, when suddenly, manager-nim called me. She said to me that I was needed in the meeting room this instant. 

Time check: 4:30 pm. The both of us went to the meeting room. I met again Staffs 1 and 2, and they soon handed me the revised performance order. 

Opening performance: Daniel's Debut Album Trilogy (This is Me, Moments of My Tomorrow, Time of My Dreams) (Kim Daniel)
Performance #1: The Best of Me
*greetings + 1st mini-segment*
Performance #2: Memories of Seoul
Performance #3: Gege (426) (with Cravity's Allen)
Performance #4: I Confess To You (with Cravity's Woobin)
*2nd mini-segment*
Performance #5: Cloud 9 (with Cravity)
Performance #6: Stay (with Cravity)
*3rd mini-segment*
Performance #7: Imagine 
(with Cravity)
Performance #8: Twilight 
(with Cravity)
*4th mini-segment*
Performance #7: If Only (with Monsta X)
*5th mini-segment*

Performance #8: Love In Fall (with Jeong Sewoon)
*6th mini-segment*
Performance #9: Together Forever (Graduation Ver.) (with the Team 26 Top 4)
*7th mini-segment*
Performance #10: 20 Years (with Kim Daniel)
Performance #11: When I Look At You (cover by Miley Cyrus) (with Kim Daniel)
*speech*
Encore: The Beginning

MC: Kim Seohyun

I thought to myself, "Kim Seohyun as MC on my debut showcase??"

I then asked them if this is the Kim Seohyun I knew (the one in Team 26). Staff 1 then said yes. 

There have been some revisions on the flow of the fan-con (due to my Cravity sunbaes who added two songs). 

Time check: 5:00 pm. While discussing, manager-nim had a call. She needs to go out to take the call. 

Coincidentally, I cannot hold anymore and I really want to go to the restroom. 

As I am on the way to the restroom, I then overheard their conversation.

Season 2?? Sorry, manager-nim. I'll pretend I didn't hear it. 

While in the restroom, I then logged on to my Twitter fan account and saw that the pre-orders of my album reached 800,000 copies already.

That many already?!?! I might have a chance winning in music shows. Also, a few hundred thousand copies left before I make a milestone. 

Lounge #89 pre-orders reached 20,000 copies already. 

That's a new feat. 20,000 copies of one album?!?! I guess, people are so supportive of me. From being a K-pop fan, to an owner of a K-pop shop, and now, an K-pop idol himself. 

I then checked my personal Instagram account, and my following went up to 2,800,000. The official Instagram account reached 700,000 followers already. 

I just did it all in 10 minutes. 

After I went to the restroom, manager-nim told me that we should meet at the lounge later after this one. 

Season 2 already?? Just tell me now, manager-nim. I'll accept it right away. 

We then went back to the meeting room. They said to me that there will be a press conference before the fan-con at around 2:00 pm, in which Seohyun will be the MC once again. 

Manager-nim knew about this, and she confirmed that Seohyun and I will leave together from the venue of the press conference to the Gocheok Sky Dome. 

I then thanked them for the update, and they both wish me success in my debut showcase/fan-con. 

Manager-nim and I both went to the lounge. 

She told me on what the call is all about 

The producer of last season contacted her. The producer told her that the plans to film the second season will be after Chuseok. I am once again invited to become a coach due to me winning the first season. She didn't gave a response yet to the producer, as she needs to relay this info to me first. 

I pretended not to hear it the moment we both went to the restroom. 

I answered immediately, "Yes, manager-nim. Count me in. Tell the producer right away."

"Do you know the other three?"

"I'm sorry, sunbae. I didn't know the others. Besides, you will know the other three when you have your first ever meet. I'll tell the producer right away and ask them on the first meet."

Time check: 6:30 pm. Manager-nim told me to go to another meeting room and just wait there for the MV reaction and cheering guide. 

Time check: 7:00 pm. I then watched the MV first. I was amazed on how the music video went. Director-nim, are you sure this is really your first work? It really turned out so well. 

I then also watched the prologue film for the first time. Even though it was released already, I haven't watched it due to my preparations. 

Soon, after the reaction videos of the MV and the prologue film, it's time to film the cheering guide of The Best of Me. I then memorized the fanchant for 30 minutes before filming it. 

Time check: 8:30 pm. The filming then ended. I then went to see manager-nim. 

Manager-nim then said, "Someone who will join you in the debut showcase will be in the coaching panel as well. I can't disclose it yet, but they told me that they will be announcing it in the debut showcase. They knew you're returning already."

"I wonder who would it be. I'm certain that I will be the youngest in the panel once again. Cannot wait to work with them again."

Manager-nim and I decided to go home already, as I have some 

I decided to practice the remaining songs at home, since the song is vocally heavy. 

I then slept at around 11:00 pm. 

2024.8.1

First day of August!! 3 days before my debut. Manager-nim told me that this will be my last pre-debut variety show with my best friend. 

For me, the highlight of the show was that our heights are being measured. I can't believe that I'm 176 centimeters now (the last time I was checked was 175 cm). Daniel's height increased to 203 cm (he really thought he's 201 cm, even I). 

After our works, Daniel treated me lunch. He said that he wants to spend more time with me during my promotions. 

He even called his manager and told him if he's allowed to join me and to be my stylist in case he's free from works. And guess what? His manager allowed it, but the final decision will be made by Krystal manager-nim, since she's currently my make-up artist and stylist. 

He's really determined to be my stylist. Since he has manager-nim's number, he then called manager-nim. 

"Hello, Krystal manager-nim! Kim Daniel here. Are you busy right now?"

"Not really, sunbae. Why?"

"I need your opinion on something. Maybe we can meet today?"

"I'm actually coming to you two. I just ate lunch on my favorite restaurant, just two blocks away from when you are right now. We can talk later, sunbae."

"Okay, manager-nim! See you later."

Soon, manager-nim came to us and Daniel told Krystal his wish. He then suggested that he will become my temporary stylist, while she can focus on her responsibilities as my manager. 

Here's what manager-nim told him. 

"I appreciate your concern, sunbae. Jeonghwan and Seunghoon oppa are currently serving as his personal assistants, while I act as his make-up artist, stylist, and his manager at the same time. You were right, though. Maybe there will be times that I might be contacted while doing sunbae's make-up. It will be best to have another to do his overall appearance."

She then added, "Let me contact your manager for this. Since sunbae trusted you so much, maybe we can get you during your free time. Hopefully, he agrees"

He then said, "I already contacted him, sunbae, and he said that the final decision will be made by you. Besides, I want to see my Junsang perform live once again."

"Did you really, sunbae?"

"He really wants to join me in my promotional period, so he made a way for us to get together. Besides, manager-nim he saw you struggling while doing my works, so he volunteered himself to help you by lessening your workload and do my make-up and picking my wardrobe."

"I know this work is hard. Maybe because I am doing three things at once. Let me contact his manager before I forgot."

She then contacted Daniel's manager, saying that Daniel already talked with her already about his request. 

Here's what he said to her, "Seems like we're be together for most of the time, Krystal. Well, if that's the best friends' wish, let's just support them. However, if Daniel will have some gigs and works for that day, I have no choice but to get him."

We're both delighted of the news. After that, we then finished our foods and left the restaurant. Soon, his manager came to fetch him, as he has another work for today. I then went back to the building to practice. 

My debut will be in three days. I need to practice again, so that I don't mess up my performances. 

Time check: 3:00 pm. I then returned to the practice room and practiced until 9:00 pm. Dry run for the debut showcase will be tomorrow, so I need to have a plenty of rest. 

We then went home at around 10:00 pm. I then had my very first journal entry, telling what I feel about tomorrow, and the next coming days. 

While I was about to sleep, I just remembered that it was Seongmin's birthday. I told manager-nim that I will visit my sunbaes' dorm and just greet the maknae. She then agreed. 

I then went to their dorm as a surprise. Even my former manager was surprised. 

 "Hello, James! Long time no see."

"Long time no see, hyung-nim. How are you now?"

"I'm good. I'm surprised you came here."

"It's the maknae's birthday. I came to greet him, since it's his birthday today."

Later, maknae saw me.

"Hyung!!"

"Happy birthday, sunbae! I'm sorry that I am too busy now, since my debut will be in 3 days."

"I understand, hyung. You are preparing for your debut. Tomorrow is the dry run, right?"

"Yes, sunbae."

"I shall head now, sunbae. I need to prepare for tomorrow. Happy birthday once again, sunbae!"

"Thanks for coming, hyung!"

Time check: 10:20 pm. I then left my sunbaes' dorm, and proceeded to my dorm. I then went straight to my room. 

I then played the tracklist for me to sleep. 

END OF PART 168

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 166 11
Heeseung starts to like Sunghoon's sister which he doesn't feel like its appropriate since its his best friend's sister. So he starts to reject his f...
50K 2.6K 35
"A million times over, i will still choose you." -> ㋛ #𝟭 𝗔𝗛𝗡𝗦𝗘𝗢𝗡𝗚𝗠𝗜𝗡 200419 #𝟭 𝗦𝗘𝗢𝗡𝗚𝗠𝗜𝗡 200419 #𝟭 𝗖𝗥𝗔𝗩𝗜𝗧𝗬 200421
380K 45.7K 28
a story of a girl who loves to go to the playground just to see her crush every 9 at night ended up facing a crisis in her life. She was struggling t...
172K 6.7K 23
Park Seonghwa shows off his tough exterior until his "embarrassing" secret is discovered. Maybe he really is more fragile than he seems... (Seonghwa...