Scream 2 [✓]

By Mrs-Delirious

1. Don't answer the phone. 2. Lock your doors at night. 3. Don't trust anyone. These are your standard movi... More

A/N ♡
Previously
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
A/N ♡

Chapter 16

11.4K 422 410
By Mrs-Delirious

The drive back to Woodsboro was a tiring and long one. But after everything that happened, you couldn't be more relieved to see your parents again.

It felt strange to see the plaque of 'welcome to Woodsboro' pass by the side of the street, just barely.

The headlamps of your car did little to pierce the fog that was floating at either side of the road, and the windshield wipers barely kept up with the cold, hard rain.

Before visiting your parents though, there was one more thing you needed to do for closure.

You parked your car at the side of the empty road.

The only light visible came from the time-worn church standing before the graveyard. You didn't bother taking an umbrella with you and stepped out of the car, making your way through the grounds, dodging some forgotten graves.

The majority of the graves had bouquets placed on top while others had weather destroyed toys and notes which had been attacked by the rain.

On the left is where they laid. The only ones that weren't cracked and barely littered with moss.

These graves weren't old at all.

You were glad that it stopped raining for the moment and knelt down on the damp grass, tracing the carved letters with your fingers.

'Sidney Prescott'

Coos from owls and the scatter in the thickets became more noticeable. Briefly you looked up at the night sky.

The slither of moon was curtained by the grey clouds that threatened to shed tears again at any moment, reflecting your own mood.

You were tired. Oh, so tired.

Not just physically, but mentally as well. But it was over, finally.

Visiting these graves marked something special for you. You would never forget your friends but maybe, just maybe, you could forget about the horrible events, push those out of your mind to replace them with happy memories.

Inside your pocket, you fumbled around for a scrap of paper. You tugged out the lined bit of paper with a few words scribbled on.

You situated the note to the side of the grave, stood up, and repeated the process with the grave right next to it as well.

'Tatum Riley'

It seemed only like yesterday that you and her were laughing about something completely irrelevant.

God, did you miss that girl. You would never forget her, even if you tried to. Even though it was night time and most people would avoid going to a graveyard at this hour, you lacked the energy to care.

You spent around half an hour there before deciding to head home for the night.

The second you rolled into the familiar driveway of your home, however, you had this sensation that something was off.

The lights of your car illuminated straight on the front door, allowing you to see it was creaked open to a quarter. Through the crack and the windows it was obvious that the lights in the house were off.

You shut off the engine and peered inside through the windows.

The scenery around you was already enough to creep you out but the sense of dread starting to build up in every fiber of your being downright pierced you to the core.

Taking out your cellular device, you gave yourself a pat on the back for not being brain dead and called to the house.

After getting no response once, twice but three times of calling, your brain screamed at you not to head in alone but you needed to see your parents.

Needed to see if they were alright.

You swung your left leg out followed by your right, pulling with you the six pack of drinks you had bought underway.

Your heart started hammering more with every step you took toward your home.

"Mom?" You called out once you were standing just before the already open door. Your fingers brushed against the wood and you pushed it, watching it swing open with a creak.

You couldn't see anything with the darkness so your hand scoured the wall as you stepped into the doorway, searching for the lightswitch. You found it and flicked it on.

A gasp.

You dropped the six pack, the bottles breaking through the emptiness along with your heart.

On the walls, virtually everywhere, was ruby, red liquid, thick and vicious, unmistakable.

Blood.

Blood was the first thing you could visibly make out.

Never before had you seen that much blood in your life, and you had seen quite a lot of it by now. "M-Mom? Dad?"

Your whole body, just earlier cold from the chilled air, grew increasingly hot and sweaty as you shook with uncontrollable fear.

You took two daring steps further your own blood draining from your body when you saw a hand on the floor in the living room.

Your feet moved before you realized what they were doing as you rushed over to it.

No...

You stopped dead as soon as you were in front of it. Your mother's body was slumped over the broken side table... Unmoving.

"MOM!" You hasted over to her and dropped down to your knees, grabbing her body and rolling it over.

Your heart felt like it was trying to claw its way out of your throat.

Her once endearing pale eyes were spurred wide open and an absurd amount of stab wounds covered her body.

In fact, there were so many it seemed like whoever did this went absolutely bat shit crazy on her, you couldn't even count the wounds.

"Mom! Please! Please look at me!" You stuttered out, the panic making your voice crack as your brain refused to believe what it was seeing.

You shook her heartbrokenly, trying to get her to move even though deep down you knew it was no use—she was completely limp and bloody in your arms.

Your right hand snapped out to her lower arm to check for a pulse.

There wasn't any. Her skin was stone cold and pale.

No, no, no... This wasn't happening.

"Mom, mom... Please... Wake up. Come on. P-Please, I need you to w-wake up," you choked, gasping panicked breaths when you felt absolutely no response whatsoever.

You lowered your head defeated on her chest, shaking and sobbing.

Why... Why couldn't you live a normal life? Why did this have to happen and more importantly, what monster would do something as heinous as this?

You wiped the tears away, uncaring about your mother's blood staining your clothes and hair.

This couldn't be happening.

You dared to move up. Gulping felt like hot lava burning at the inside of your throat as you realized you haven't found your dad.

With each step you take around the first floor, you felt like every bone in your body was being crushed.

When you finly reached the other side of the current floor, you felt like it haf already been hours.

You hadn't checked upstairs yet.

Against your better judgement, you pressed your lips together, slowly upping the wooden steps, every muscle in your body aching.

You were close to puking when your eyes zoned in on bloody footprints trailing towards where your parent's bedroom was.

You cracked open the door to their bedroom with your foot and nothing would have prepared you for what you saw in that room- causing you
to lose a little bit of your balance in the process.

The room was destroyed. Every item had been either knocked down or broken and glass was scattered everywhere you looked.

The dresser was knocked down with the drawer scattered around.

But that wasn't what made your whole world stop.

There was blood on the walls and small splatters reaching up til the ceiling.

And then there was the body of what you thought was your father dangling in the center of the room, lightly swaying back and forth.

You thought that because his head was missing.

Your body was moving on its own, taking cautious steps forward one after another until you flicked the lightswitch on.

You couldn't see it before because your back was turned to that wall, but written in blood was;

'IT'S A SCREAM, BABY!'

The phone to your direct right rang.

You couldn't speak and were barely able to move your arm to the phone, your legs giving way at the same time that you slumper to your knees on the floor. "H-Hello?"

Nothing but static accompanied by shuffling of fabric, and then;

"What's your favourite scary movie, (Y/N)?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 4.5K 29
"𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖." "𝑶𝒉 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒆." A sweet, popular, slasher nerd spent her whole life i...
13.7K 270 11
The quit town of Woodsboro or it was before a series of murders.. Everyone's a suspect There was only one killer right? Possibly Two? Wrong there...
638K 21.8K 16
[ 𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌 𝐱 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 ] ❛𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙?❜ Death is the one thing that has ever remained constant in your life. Slo...
150K 3.9K 34
Stu Macher x Prescott! Reader [Disclaimer: I DO NOT own Scream or it's characters. I only own my character (the reader) and the dialog I make up] Mu...