Reincarnating into a Beautifu...

By Gukim1234

There lived a handsome prince engaged to the most beautiful woman in the world. Despite her beauty, she faile... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68 - Their story
Chapter 69 + note from author
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84 + announcement
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
THANK YOU

Chapter 74

15.9K 723 44
By Gukim1234

The night before their departure, all Celine could think of was their kiss. She heaved a sigh, wondering what Hala would say if she found out what had transpired a few nights ago.

In truth, Celine was aware that everyone wished for their union. Celine also knew that Akihiko was the only competent man she would ever consider dating in this world. Akihiko's moral beliefs aligned with Celine's and they were very compatible together. In fact, from the moment they met again in the night market, there were no traces of the young Second Prince left. Despite her constant denial, she knew that Zayden was now a full grown man who could never be seen as a younger brother again. At first, Akihiko had been threatening and dangerous even.  However, ever since his first marriage proposal to Celine, she had unknowingly been caught up in his games. She hated to admit it, but the emperor's recent collapse had hit her like a rock as she realized what he truly meant to her.

It was a strange feeling, for she didn't think there was much growing left to do since she was mentally old. Overtime, Celine's heart had slowly healed and given her a chance to live normally again. Her usual numbness had slowly disappeared, and she found life to be full of vivacity. The budding feelings for another person had flourished like a flower within her heart.

After spacing out for so long, Celine felt lost in her own feelings. She wanted to empty her mind and contemplate what these newfound emotions would mean, so she called for Draco and spent the rest of the afternoon at the top of her palace wing. 

The air in Krastia was much more humid and wet compared to the Zionitte Empire. The scenery was filled with trees and forests, a much more serene view to calm herself. The road ahead of her was filled with uncertainties, yet she was entertaining such romantic ideas.

Unfortunately, her time alone was cut short by the emperor himself.

Celine nearly lost her balance, but she was immediately embraced by Akihiko, who steadied her with one hand. She cursed herself for her moment of clumsiness and felt awkward, quickly trying to composing herself. 

"How are you here, your majesty?" She asked, not pulling herself away from his grasp nor shying away from his touch. She masked her embarrassed expression, although the faint blush on her cheeks were clearly visible. This further excited the emperor, who smiled sheepishly.

The moonlight was shedding celestial light onto their figures, a scene that she was all too familiar with.

"You had been avoiding me for many days. It was almost as if you were shy." He responded bluntly.

"Ahh, yes. . . It probably seemed that way. . . I had a lot on my mind." She laughed awkwardly, flinching as he seemed to move slightly closer.

"Is it because I did something wrong? Or are you ready to love me now?" He grinned, as if he already read all of Celine's thoughts.

She blushed slightly, her heart seeming to quicken its pace at the mention of love. She cursed herself for being aware of her own feelings, for Celine couldn't stop her cheeks from staining red. 

"If I asked you to marry me, would you say yes?" He looked at her earnestly, trying to push for a confirming answer.

"Y-your majesty, my answer is still the same. Even if I have feelings for the Emperor, I don't want the Empress' seat. I dream of a simple life, free from trivial drama or worries. I refuse to raise my children in such a stressful environment." Celine replied honestly.

"But do you love me?" He pressed on.

Celine only looked at him calmly, amazed by how brilliant his beauty shined under the moon. "I just began to return your feelings."

The disappointment and frustration in Celine's response nearly drove the emperor crazy. He wondered why such an accomplished woman craved a boring life when he could give her riches. He was also not going to give up easily, especially now that her heart had slowly begun to open up. Akihiko was certain that Celine would accept him one day.

***

They sat on top of the palace roof, staring out into the night sky, basking in nature's majestic beauty. Celine's heart was beating loudly, for it reminded her of the past, where they always looked at the desert night in the Zionitte empire. It filled her mind with nostalgia, and their conversations drifted to their most cherished memories. She never felt any romantic emotions during that time, yet the memories had somehow become more romantic now.

Celine smiled at him, unknowingly capturing his heart an infinite amount of times. "Actually, you make me feel very safe and comfortable. The scary world isn't so monstrous anymore and I don't need to uphold the standards of this time period due to your majesty." She confessed.

The emperor only stared at her silently, which was what Celine was used to already. He didn't enjoy chatting much, yet he loved to listen to Celine and often converse with her. Her beliefs and ideas were profound, and it always amazed him.

" I wish you remained here with your family instead of joining the war." The emperor sighed in defeat. "Yet I know nothing I say or do will keep you from going."

"What kind of comment is that? I deserve to be there and I am equally as dangerous as you." Celine laughed at his ridiculous remarks. "You know I'm not a weak princess. Don't offend me." She warned.

The emperor only nodded, pouting as Celine seemed to take his words the wrong way. "I just want you to be safe. It is very dangerous and you have never witnessed a battle scene. You also hate violence and without Draco, you have no physical strength."

"Your majesty." Celine's voice turned cold. Did he really have to ruin the moment? "If Draco dies, so will I. Don't worry about me like that because this is my choice. If anything, your majesty's position is more dangerous than mine. Please remember that you were the one who dragged me to the palace. Not me."

"But that was before I regained my memories and realized how truly precious you are to me." The emperor protested. After giving the emperor one long look, she realized he seemed very dejected and anxious as if this topic had always been on his mind. This further agitated Celine.

"Well that's too bad. I'm not going to apologize and step down just because you feel that way." She rolled her eyes, annoyed by his sudden immaturity. Why was he bringing up such a topic now? Did he really think she would change her mind one day before their departure? Who did he take her for?

The awkward silence engulfed the two adults until Celine heaved a sigh and spoke more softly.

"Alright, let's stop for now and get some rest. We must sleep early for tomorrow's departure." As she began to stand up, the emperor caught her, gripping her arm very tightly yet delicately. "Your majesty?"

"If you want to leave, then kiss me."

Celine looked down at her hand, shocked at his boldness. When did he become more shameless than her?

"Why?"

"Because." His eyes were stubborn, and it seemed as if he was still bothered.

"Because what?"

"Because I want it. I miss your soft lips. Now kiss me. Please." He pouted.

Akihiko looked dead serious. Celine could only laugh in shock at his audacity. She frowned, knowing exactly what the emperor was doing. She wanted to refuse, yet the emperor seemed too cute just now. The brutal rejection she had sent his way along with their small argument a moment ago seemed to be forgotten as she sighed heavily and finally leaned in to kiss him on the cheek.

The act alone made her heart flutter in excitement. The kiss was also weird for her. She felt like a criminal for kissing a person she had regarded as a little brother for a good chunk of her life. However, she was reminded of the kiss next to the lotus pond and felt a rush of excitement.

"No wonder why I never had concubines." He spoke bluntly. His expression was rather calm and poised, but upon closer inspection, his eyes seemed to be set aflame with desire. However, he suppressed his emotions and swallowed his thirst, masking a more serious expression. "You must promise me you will do whatever it takes to survive, Celine. You mustn't do anything reckless and always stay by my side."

"Of course. You must also promise me the same."

The emperor nodded and let Celine go.

"We must live for a long time. I want to see you grow old." He whispered softly.

Celine flushed red, not knowing how to react. She felt like a child as she  fled the scene immediately. Celine wasn't a shy person nor would she usually blush. However, those words coming out of that kind of handsome face would make anyone turn into a tomato. She couldn't help but smile, her steps felt light as if she was walking in the beautiful, secret garden of the Zionitte empire. The air around her was flowery and blurred with such a beautiful decor. Although the night sky was dark, she thought it was bright. It was like walking through the milky way. This was a dangerous feeling, yet she allowed herself to be happy.

The night truly felt young. The emotions Celine had suppressed for so long had finally burst, and she didn't mind at all.

On her way down, she didn't see the emperor struggling to hide his boyish expression as the familiars silently mocked him. To Red and Draco, Akihiko greatly resembled a young boy receiving his first kiss and failing to act normal afterwards. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 183 20
Wonwoo felt like his world was caving in, he felt helpless like he was falling into some endless abyss. After accidentally falling off a building, W...
280K 12K 55
I, Miyazaki Daichi was transported inside my sister's favorite otome game as an unknown character. And that said character is the brother of one of t...
151 7 7
Not Another Reincarnation Story! (But it is...) Amy Young led a miserable life. When she wakes up in another person's body she's shocked to see that...
346K 10.8K 117
Synopsis Tang Dynasty painter Fu Yi died and found himself reincarnated in the modern world in the body of a young master named Qi Linqing whose econ...