Twisted Bound

By LEEBEARR_

"He's just a friend." I whispered my heart beating wildly in my chest,"You call yourself my fiancé when you w... More

Cast and author's note.
Chapter-1 How it begins
Chapter-2 leaving everything behind
Chapter-3 Decision made
Chapter-4 welcome to his world
Chapter-5 The three musketeers
Chapter-6 First day in highschool
Chapter-7 He hates me
Chapter-8 One rule broken already
Chapter-9 First kiss
Chapter-10 There's no us
Chapter-11 Eyes on me
Chapter-12 Stephen
Chapter-13 A birthday gone wrong
Chapter-14 Brothers
Chapter-15 Dinner with his gang
Chapter-16 Drunken words
Chapter-17 Bruised and bloodied
Chapter-18 The fear
Chapter-19 Madrid
Chapter-20 Engagement party
Chapter-21 A soft side
Chapter-22 Zayn
chapter-23 Mariella
Chapter-24 The meeting
Chapter-25 Stalker
Chapter-26 Hate
Chapter-27 The bitter reality
Chapter-28 Adamos
Chapter-29 Moving on
Chapter-30 He's back
Chapter-31 Angelo's Truth
Chapter-32 Future
Chapter-33 Leading on
Chapter-34 She's back
Chapter-35 Burn
Chapter-36 The reason
Chapter-37 Confessions
Chapter-38 Break
Chapter-39 pain
Chapter- 41 Love
Chapter-42 Fiancé
Chapter-43 Epilogue

Chapter- 40 awake

4.9K 127 11
By LEEBEARR_

~I was asked to spell "love" so I spelled your name.~

Lily's Pov

4 weeks later

I laid back in my seat studying the cup of black coffee, squishing the liquid around it absently. Four weeks.

Four weeks since his absence, the doctors said there was no reason for him to remain in a coma and he might wake up any day. But, what was that lucky day going to be? I've been dying to hear his voice, just the smell of his cologne sent my heart yearning to hear anything from him.

I wasn't sure if I was ready to forgive myself for what happened to him. The guilt and the hate were very much present and they grew stronger each day.

"Lily." A very worried Enzo strolled inside, his shoulders tensing ever so slightly. "Damien's here." And just like that my breath halted as I swallowed a deep lump. Shock wasn't the only thing that was plastered on my features it was the nervousness and the anger that took a turn on me.

What the hell did he want now?

"Why?" I found myself asking with a scowl etched on my lips. Enzo shrugged plastering a confusing look on his face. "Maybe he came here to apologize?"

"Tell him that I don't want to see his face," I stated in a blank tone which caught Enzo by surprise. I never once in my life got mad at Damien, we never fought but this time it was different he'd caused me enough pain. He disowned me when I needed him the most.

"Lil, at least you should consider talking to him. You know Adam would want this." He reasoned making me sigh in disapproval.

Would Adam want this?

"Okay." Was the only thing that I managed to mutter. If Adam would want this then so be It.

Enzo planted a sorrowful smile on his face before stepping away making Damien's vision appear. He stood there his expression clad in blankness looking sharp and clean as ever. The leather jacket hung upon his shoulders. His eyes darted towards Adam before slowly trailing towards mine in a sympathetic manner. He inhaled sharply his jaw twitching at the sight of him.

"I'm sorry." He rushed out guilt and regret written all over his face. "It doesn't really matter." Woah, when did I become this dry and cold and that too towards the cousin who I'd thought off as a brother.

"Lil, come on." Enzo forced out to which I just shrugged before blowing out a deep breath. "Enzo, are you serious? Damien was literally going to kill Adam if I hadn't stepped in! Yeah, I get that he had every right to be pissed because I lied to him but none of it was Adam's fault he wasn't holding me captive. I went with him because a part of me wanted to."

"I don't want to see your face, Damien, neither Zayn's nor Xavier's," I stated in an authoritative tone. Damien looked hurt but he covered it up by sighing in defeat. "I know lil, I admit that we all overreacted but we were just trying to protect you, but I can tell that Adam is very much invested in you. I get it now and words can't express how defeated I feel. Not only did I lose Adam but I lost you as well and it pains me to see you in so much pain- and Adam as well." His words struck deep, There was a slight hint of grief present in his voice.

"I still look think off you as a little girl, as my little sister." He finished.

Inhaling sharply. "I forgive you, but only if you apologize to Adam," I replied. Damien shook his head in a nod before a smile took upon his lips. "Of course." Enzo tossed a nod my way pleased.

"Everything's going to be okay lily, he's going to wake up don't lose hope," Damien assured before tackling me in a hug which I gladly accepted seeking his comfort. "Look at you, you have bags under your eyes have you been sleeping?" He scolded, Shrugging in response I sheepishly rubbed my eyes.

"Hardly," I admitted. He ran a stressful hand through his locks because he knew no matter how much he'd force me to sleep I wouldn't. I wasn't ready to leave Adam's side. "I get it," Damien said his lips forming in a thin grim line.

The clock struck one, it was past midnight. The power swirling in the air grew. I winced with fear as a loud thunderstorm sounded through the eerie room through the dingy night. Numerous thoughts crossed my mind of when I'd always run to Adam whenever a thunderstorm would scare me off. "I know that you're probably tired of me rambling to you again and again but I'm scared of the thunderstorm-" I squealed when the lightning struck again but this time louder and stronger.

"I really need you to protect me again. Hold me in your arms. Hug away the distress- please just love me again." I captured his cold calloused hands into mine holding on to it for dear life. "I need you like I never once did before," I whispered light-headed burying my face into his arms seeking his warmth my heart swirling with an empty feeling inside my chest.

Something was indeed missing and that something was him.

"I'm sorry, I really am. You were only trying to make things better for us, you thought of me, you thought of us. I get it now. You've proved your point, you said you'd take a bullet for me just to get me to trust you again, I'm never leaving your side I promise even if you want me to I won't. I'm ready to give us a second chance to leave everything behind but only if you come back to me. My heart was only yours to began with- to destroy with. Being away from you only made me crave you even more. It should've been me in your place. Running away is easy but was leaving you scarred me to the point where I absolutely lost myself but what I didn't realize was that I left a part of me with you." My voice cracked in between.

"Lily?" That deep familiar throaty voice has me completely frozen in my place. My breath got hitched in my throat as if someone had knocked out the air between my air pipes. That voice, that damn voice.

Was I hallucinating?

Tears brimmed the corner of my eyes and it didn't take seconds before they trailed down my cheeks like raindrops before I could even get ahold of them. "Lily," Adam repeated gently his voice only very slightly hoarse but saying it with such tenderness that made my heart swell inside my chest. He was awake, looking up slowly my eyes connected with those deep blue irises so many emotions circulating inside them that I could barely keep up. Confusion, adoration, but most of all love?

"Adamos." I sucked in a breath when he hesitantly opened up his arms, his eyes pleading me what his mouth couldn't. He wanted my touch. Skin to skin, and I didn't waste a second before lunging into his arms. A sob seeping through me as I did. "You're okay, you didn't leave me."

"I am okay," he repeated back while I tightly wrapped my arms around him not wanting to let go. "Don't you ever do that to me again." I pulled away slightly only to glance into his eyes before offering him a fresh glass of water. He gladly accepted it, swallowing it in a gulp before pulling me back into his muscular chest. "Are you really here?" he wasn't only questioning me but himself.

I didn't reply, biting my lip in response I slowly planted a soft kiss at the corner of his lips my heart thundering inside my chest.

BAM!

BAM!

He looked taken aback but covered it of by plastering a smirk upon his mouth. "Do you believe it now daddy?" I teased smiling ear to an ear, his slenderly finger shoot up towards my face tucking a small strand of hair behind my ear his eyes darkening the darkest shade of blue I've ever seen. "God, I've missed you, baby girl." Adam gave out a husky groan while saying so.

"Did you mean it?" He asked probably referring to the rambling before. My cheeks turned crimson as I remembered what I'd just said a moment ago. "Yes, I did. I've been a brat to you lately." I admitted toying with the pendant that he had previously gifted me.

A deep laugh seeped through his chest and my heart fluttered at the beautiful sound. Gosh, how can he be this attractive. "Oh, you think you can get away with that hmm? Don't worry I have plans for you piccola ragazza."

(little girl.)

God, that accent.

With shivers crawling down my spine I paid no attention to his words even tho they sent a tingling feeling down my spine. "Please, right now what you need is rest and to go home." Narrowing my brows at him I demanded. "Home is with you." He instantly responded, his breath tickling the back of my neck.

"We still need to clear something's up."

"I know baby and trust me I'll speak only the truth. Now call Enzo so I can leave this fücking hospital." He grumbled under his breath. "But you just woke up Adam! Plus there's a thunderstorm outside. I don't think it's safe for him to show up in this kind of weather."

I tossed him a final look making him shake his head sighing in defeat. "Getting demanding are we now?" with a sly smirk etched on his face his calloused thumb grasped my chin making me look up at him while his other hand gripped my arm his fingers grazing through the skin softly. "I'm just looking out for you." I nervously muttered, our mouths millimeters apart I had to agree the proximity contorted nervousness throughout my system.

It was dangerous, yet exciting.

His eyes stopped on my lips before they went back to staring deep inside my eyes, lulling me in that I slightly felt drowsy all of a sudden. My mouth parted as I opened it to speak but nothing came out.

The next thing he said made my heart stop.

"I love you."

For once I thought I was daydreaming, but it was clear. Three words eight letters. Those were it. It was clear as a crystal. Oh, for how long I've imagined him saying these words to me, for how long I've waited for him to realize. I waited and waited.

And it finally paid off. It was worth the wait.

My heartfelt like bursting, it never felt so happy before. This feeling sounded so familiar yet so unknown. "Before you question my love-" I cut him off by pressing my lips against his in a heartbeat, oh how good it felt kissing those lips again. It was a soft kiss unlike others not demanding but more inquisitive. It didn't take him long enough to lead, he moulds his mouth against mine tilting my head to give him better access while pouring his emotions into mine, the feeling of excitement, desire flares inside my chest. His thumb creeps towards my jaw in a rough grip before trailing its way back to my ašs giving it a protective pinch working its way back to my cheeks in circular motions softly sucking on my lower lip.

Feeling out of breath, I pull away breathing harshly my chest heaving up and down at the intensity, my heart racing as if I've ran a kilometer. "Look at me."

I gaze at him blushing like a maniac, "Only I can kiss you like this, no man has authority over you except for me got it? You belong with me." He stated authoritatively accentuating each word. "I-"

"Words baby."

"Only you," I admitted smirking slightly acting tough but boi I was shaken up underneath. "Go0d, now come here and lay with me." He patted his chest to which I just shook my head. "No! You're hurt. I don't want to hurt you." I reasoned.

Adam gave me a stern look before he huffed. "Lily." He groaned. "But-" A squeal filtered past my lips as he tugged me into his chest before covering us with the duvet. "Promise me you're fine." I brought my pinky finger in front of his, he looked amused but rolled his eyes before quipping his pinky with mine.

"You have my word." He assured with a heart-melting smile making me smile back instantly. "Goodnight superman." I yawned throwing my hands around his chest cautiously not wanting to touch the wounds before burying my face into his chest greeted with his midnight masculine scent. I felt his fingers weaving through my hair and his lips against my hairline. Just like that everything went dark and I for once in a while slept with a happy heart.

"Good night future wife."

"Yeah, after all she's the one that actually stayed up for you day and night. Damn bro, a girl sacrificing her beauty sleep for a guy? Cases like that are rare." Squishing my eyes a yawn filtered through my lips as I was met with a very delighted looking Enzo. Recalling whatever happened yesterday a gasp flew out of my mouth. I remembered it all.

I love you especially.

I wish I could think of him without the butterflies in my stomach. God, this man.

"Good morning." I nervously waited for Adam's response but before he could, Enzo beat me to it with a huge smile quipped on his face. "Morning love." I threw him a smile.

"Look who decided to wake up." Came Ivano's voice. Dang, when did he reach here? "Hello to you too Ivano." I waved not wanting to initiate a conversation. I jerked slightly when I felt a warm palm cover mine taken aback my eyes connected with his only to find him looking down at me with mixed emotions, adoration was the only one that I could figure out. "Hi." I gnawed at my lower lip.

"Hello, baby." He softly yet smoothly greeted back, his voice softer than usual but only for me to hear.

"Yuck, I am definitely not witnessing teen romance," Ivano said making a disgusted face, Enzo rolled his eyes before smacking him with the back of his palm. "You're the only one that hasn't found love."

"Yet." I completed with a teasing smirk on my face. Ivano's jaw went slack, emotionless as ever he dismissed our words in a flick. "Bet." He said with finality.

"I'm leaving with lily," Adam confirmed clearing his throat regaining his serious expression. "Did the doctor say so?" I asked. "Yeah the doctor said it's fine but he still needs to bed rest." I nodded in approval. "Of course, I'll make sure of that."

"Whoa, so you guys are finally official then?" Ivano narrowed his brows in question. I looked down at my lap deep in thought not knowing how to answer, were we official?

"She's mine either way," Adam claimed in a protective tone making my heart flutter. "She's not allowed to leave, I won't let her." He confirmed, Ivano looked amused but covered it up by clearing his throat. "Talk about being obsessed." He muttered under his breath.

Enzo barked out a laughter throwing his head back as he taunted Adam. "Dang brother, who knew this day would come eventually." Rolling his eyes Adam glared at him displeased. "Don't make me go all bossy on you Enzo and Ivano." He warned in a cold tone gone was his mischievousness. Ivano surrendered his hands up in the air acting innocent.

"Pretend I don't exist." I chuckled, it felt good watching the brothers interact after years. My heart felt at home, it was one of those warm feeling that you know this is it, you've found your peace and your home. And, Adam was that for me.

Maybe, finally, we'll be at peace and start a new life.

.

"I made you some soup and cocoa," Adam had his head leaned against the headboard, wearing a grey t-shirt that outlined his lean frame his muscles rippling underneath. "We need to talk." The muscle in his jaw twitched and I could instantly feel the tension lingering within. I silently situated myself across him not before settling the soup and cocoa down and passing it to him.

"Thank you, love." He appreciated sipping on the cocoa before straightening himself. "I've been losing my mind and my patience now." Adam started. "I thought we were fine since the day I opened up to you about my past and to mention I took a beating from your cousins, but then there you were dancing with your ex-boss and the fact that you had your lips pressed against his and that too in front of me? Do you know how much-" he clamped his eyes shut and it looked like he was trying to control the beast that was threatening to lash out.

"-pain did that cause me huh? I've very much close to losing control." His dark eyes met with mine as he said so, my mouth parted to speak shaking my head vigorously at the misunderstanding. "No! You've got it all wrong! Yes, I worked for my ex-boss but only to get my mind off you- I needed a distraction plus Damien was good friends with him so he let me but I was really professional with him and so was he. He never once tried flirting with me but what happened in the club was kind of blurry he just kissed me out of nowhere and thinking of angelo we were just friends I promise."

"Angelo tried flirting and asking me on a date yes but- I strictly told him that I wanted a fresh start and       the least thing I needed was dating. Love would be an understatement I never liked anyone besides my mind would somehow always end up thinking of you." I explained fidgeting against my fingers not sparing him a glance. "And it would annoy the hell out of me because I just needed a reason to hate you."

Suddenly, my forearms were gripped harder as he pulled me into his lap. I pushed at his chest squealing a bit when he pressed his torso against my belly, he didn't stir. Obviously, he was much stronger than me. "Adam," I whined.

"Shush, doll- stop moving." I stilled not wanting to hurt him. "Oh my gosh, are you hurt!?" A devilish smirk etched upon his lips as he shook his head. "No, but you're gonna end up waking someone else if you struggle even more." My breath halted as my cheeks turned red, I flung my palm against his chest in a smack.

"Aßshole!" He just hummed.

"What about Mariella?" My heart sank as I recalled those days when Adam would spend most of the time with her, and that he'd chose her over me. "Wha about her?" He questioned with a clueless expression written on his face.

"Oh! Please you'd constantly take her side, you'd spend most of the time with her, you gave her more attention than you did to me. Do you guys have something going on?" Adam cursed incoherently.

"Woman are you crazy! After everything I'd given up just to be with you and win back your trust you still think I have something going on with her? She meant nothing to me I just wanted to make you suffer and feel jealous dįck move I know."

"I was really lost lily, I didn't know what to do how to express my love to you, I was one broken man." I knew Adam wasn't much expressive but what he said was enough to clear everything up. "So, she wasn't your first love then?"

"Whatever lies she told you, yes we did have a past but never once I caught feelings for her. She was nothing but a good distraction she lived of from attention. All she wanted was money or a good amount of time."

"But what about the time when I recently saw her in a bookshop pregnant." Adam narrowed his brows. "You didn't really think it was my baby, did you? Because I had her kicked the moment you left me. Speaking of leaving why did you leave?"

"Oh god! Ivano told me that he heard her talking to someone spilling the details about us, he said she quoted that you were going to break off the engagement now that the debt is over, and when I decided to confront you about it I eves dropped and heard her thanking you and being all touchy after all what was I supposed to believe when you asked her to the dance and not me I was so hurt Adam that I couldn't bear it any longer. I felt as if someone had stepped over my heart."

"You never asked me to the dance but you did to her, why!?" I cried out. "Because you were out there hugging my brother! I couldn't stand the thought of you and him being all touchy and did I mention that I am one jealous man, I never got jealous but with you, it was all the time."

"Back then we didn't even have any understanding and it's all my fault, after all, you tried your best and what did I do?" I sighed heavily running a hand through his disheveled locks. "What matters now is that we both have each other now."

"If anything doesn't go the way it's supposed to one will confront the other clear the misunderstandings alright?" I offered to which he nodded his head.

"For you anything." His adorning gaze didn't disappear. "I'm really sorry for treating you the way I did." I smiled cupping his stubble. "I forgive you." and just like that the burden I was carrying throughout the year lifted. Adam crashed me into his chest and almost instantly I hugged back snuggling my head into his neck greeted with the midnight scent that sent my nerves sparkling with need. Adam was a man of few words and everything he expressed today was a huge progress. He really wanted a second life with me.

The big tough mafia man loved me and that was enough. He was my mess, my man.

"Never leave me again." The need radiated from his chest and into mine without each other we were incomplete. "Never again." I made a vow and I knew if I'd get separated from him I'd be lost.

Long updates just for you guys! I hope y'all enjoyed thank you so much for the support I love y'all!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

945K 18.6K 33
I was running...running endlessly trying to find the door in this long dark hallway At the end of the hallway i finally found the front door ' i fina...
22.7M 775K 50
"Your problem is that your heart is too big, it leaves you vulnerable and makes you weak." He spoke in such certainty that it brought tears to my eye...
375K 12.4K 60
𝖡𝖤𝖳𝖱𝖠𝖸𝖠𝖫 𝖲𝖤𝖱𝖨𝖤𝖲 #1 She pressed the knife deeper to my throat. I could feel the sting and blood beginning to trickle down my neck. "I ga...
45.8K 1.5K 19
After a failed attempt at a relationship, I tried making it on my own, only to be saddled with a new neighbor who exuded charm, danger, and sexual en...