Let Me In || Jungwon

By bluexpoem

The youngest son of of one of the richest families in Korea meets the housekeeper's quirky daughter. Will she... More

1 - Let Me In Your Kingdom
2 - Rich Girl
3 - The School
4 - Troublemaker
5 - Suspicious
6 - Curry Anyone?
7 - Eyes on You
8 - My Heart Is All Weird
9 - Unforgiven
10 - Melting The Ice
11 - Heart is For Sale
12 - What Are We?
13 - Liar Liar Pants On Fire
14 - The Truth Untold
15 - Some
16 - Pucker Up
17 - Enough
18 - The Existence of You to Me
19 - Let Me In Your Heart
20 - Love Language
21 - Enemies Forever
22 - I'll protect you
23 - Sweet & Sour
24 - You're My Warmth
25 - Hello Ghost?!
27 - Blue
28 - My Biggest Supporter
29 - Moving On
30 - Meet Him Among Them
31 - Scouted
32 - Through the Night
33 - You, Me, Us
34 - Together Always...?
35 - Still With You
Will there be a sequel??
The Sequel Is Out!!

26 - Don't Go Breaking My Heart

4.6K 215 152
By bluexpoem

- Sunni PoV -

"It's common for patients to go under memory loss when involved in heavily impacted incidents," the doctor tells me, halmeoni, and Ms. Go.

I look down at my shoes as tear drops fall down.

My mom doesn't remember me. Her only daughter...

"It'll take time for her memories to come back. Usually, memories are recovered through a remembrance of something, so I'm sure you being by her side will trigger something," he says to me.

"Doctor, Sunni is 17 and is going to be preparing for her senior year soon, she'll have to go back to school," Ms. Go says.

She wraps her arm around me slowly, "I'm sure your mom wouldn't want you to be missing a lot of school."

My mom doesn't even know she's my mom. Would it even matter?

"Visiting hours don't end until 9pm, so possibly after school?" He questions.

I don't move or anything. It's like a part of me is gone.

"Sounds perfect doctor," Ms. Go answers for me.

He bows and takes his leave.

"I know you were supposed to go back to Inhun this week, but considering your mom is signed as your only guardian, I can't do the transfer papers," Ms. Go softly says to me.

"Everything will be okay my sweet girl," Halmeoni places her hand on my cheek.

"Will it?" I snap looking up at the both of them. "What if she never gets her memory back? Huh? That lady back there doesn't love me!"

I push past them as my eyes become blurred due to the tears.

- Jungwon PoV -

"Hyung!" I answer the phone to an unexpected call from Jake. "What's up?"

"Ya.. where have you been? The school's been kind of crazy..."

I raise my eyebrows, "Really?"

"Yea... I'm worried about Sunni..."

My heart starts to beat a little faster than usual. Did the word spread that Ms. Kim was in an accident?

"We'll talk when you come back, but I have to tell you something~"

I'm worried from his previous statement. Sunni doesn't talk to anyone else at school, so who is spying?

"Oh.. what is it hyung?"

"I went to this bakery shop yesterday, and there was this cute girl running it..."

His voice fades as my father's assistant, Ms. Ahn, catches my eye. What is she doing here?

She's on her phone and there's a guy in a black suit next to her. If she's here, wouldn't that mean my dad's here? He's supposed to be out of the country... I can't help but get this weary feeling...

- 3rd Person PoV -

Mrs. Yang is seen in her office with her hair a mess, no makeup, and no heels. Out of character and out of style for sure.

She's been trying to keep up with the work of the business, and her personal lifestyle. She knows she needs to hire another assistant and a housekeeper soon, but how can she? She keeps calling Ms. Kim but no answer.

"Mrs. Yang?" Knocks her work assistant.

"Mm?" She lets out as she has her head on her desk.

"Did you know your husband is in the country?" Her assistant questions her.

Mrs. Yang immediately stands up. "He just got in!?" She asks shocked.

Her assistant slowly shakes her head, "He's been in since Saturday morning. All of his meetings in other countries have been cancelled for the time being."

Mrs. Yang freezes at her reply. He's been in Korea, but hasn't came home? Why? She questions.

"D-Do you have any information on why he's here?" She questions trying to keep her composure.

"Just that he's been staying in a hotel and recently visited Ms. Kim," she replies.

Hotel? She thinks to herself.

"Give me the information to the hotel!"

- Sunni PoV -

With tears in my eyes, I accidently bump into someone.

"Sorry," I bow and wipe my tears. I look to see this fairly young beautiful lady in a black suit.

She looks at me up and down quite ugly. Damn, I did apologize didn't I? You know what, I don't need deal with someone like her. I already have enough on my plate.

I start to walk past her.

"What a tacky girl," I hear her say.

Kim Sunni, I know you just want to kick her shins right now, but I don't know if that's the best way to deal with this situation-

"What did you just call me?!" I shout as I whip around to glare at her.

Okay, maybe trying to talk myself out of things isn't really effective.

She scoffs and crosses her arms, "I called you tacky. Now young lady, I know that's not how you talk to your elders."

I roll my eyes. "Puh-lease! You're basically five!"

She walks closer to me slowly as she clacks her heels loudly.

She leans in to my face, "I would advise you to shut it before you end up just like your mama."

My eyes widen.

W-What? How does she know my mom? Who exactly is this chick?

Suddenly, a figure appears between us blocking off my view of this rude hag.

"Jungwon.." I hear the hag gasp. I then move to his side to see her covering her mouth.

She quickly bows to a 90 degree angle.

"How did you know about Sunni's mom?" He questions glaring at her.

"I'm not quite sure what you mean... I'm just here for a check up," she lies still in a bow.

"You're supposed to be in Japan with my father," He says.

"W-Well..." Is all she can let out.

"Halmeoni and Ms. Go are here still, right?" He questions to me in a whisper.

I nod confused on this whole situation...

*******

Me and Jungwon are walking to Ms. Go's café after he told me who that lady was. Apparently she's the assistant of his fathers. Jungwon felt suspicious of her once he saw her, and considering how she went up to me and basically threatened me, he fears there's a correlation between his dad and my mom's accident.

There's no proof, but just the thought of it sent shivers down my spine.

It makes me think his family really doesn't like me. It's my fault my mom almost died...

"I'll get to the bottom of it Sunniya," He tells me as he holds my hand and carries the tteokbokki in the other.

I can't seem to shift my gloomy expression. Too much is happening and my brain can not wrap around it. I hate it here.

I didn't tell Jungwon that my mom lost her memory. I'm still trying to process it myself. I ran out of there so angry. Not at my mom, but at the universe. It's not like she was expecting to be hit... but why did she have to be the one...

I look up at Jungwon who's not saying anything either.

Then after a while...

"Sunni..." he softly says. "My mom told me she invited you out for something..."

My eyes widen. I totally forgot about that! I also forgot to tell Jungwon. With everything happening so fast, I feel like time is slipping away.

I don't want him to feel I'm intentionally keeping stuff like that from him. I just never found the right timing.

I let out a sigh, "She did," I confess softly.

"And she told you not to tell me," He purses his lips. "And you actually listened..."

I stop walking making him stop also.

"I was going to tell you... I promise... I think her assistant called when we ate breakfast on the last day of Jeju island-"

"Oh.. the spam?" he questions with his eyebrows now furrowed. "So not only didn't you tell me, but you lied..."

"Jungwon," I let out softly.

"I knew something was up just from your facial expression that day," he says.

"Jungwon, if I'm being totally honest it's not even that serious! I wasn't going to go and I was going to tell you once we left Jeju because I didn't want you to be in a bad mood!" I let out exasperated.

He scoffs, "Not serious? I thought we were the couple who told each other everything, especially when it comes to my hell of a mother calling you..."

He lets out a sigh. "It might not be serious to you, but it's serious to me because I know what that lady is capable of, and I get it..."

He then lets go of my hand, "I know you're thinking nothing is going your way right now, but nothing ever went my way in my entire life... and I'm not saying either one of us has it harder than the other, but at least try to understand where I'm coming from."

I just stare at him, nothing but guilt... How can I let that slip out of my mouth?

"I think I should just give you some space," he says looking down biting his bottom lip.

I look away from him as I feel a lump forming in my throat.

He comes close to me and puts his hand behind my ear.

He slowly leans in and gives me a kiss on my forehead.

He pulls away and places the bag of tteokbokki in my hand.

"Whenever you're ready.."

*******

- 3rd Person PoV -

As Jungwon and Sunni go their separate ways back to their homes, Mrs. Yang makes her way to the four seasons hotel where her husband is staying.

She found it strange and suspicious on how he didn't come home right when he landed, and not only that, he's been here for a couple of days now. How come he never checked-in?

Instead of wearing her usual Queen Elizabeth attire, she went through her old boxes of clothes before she got married.

She actually looks her age with jeans, a blouse, and normal heels. Not heels that you can hear and see a mile away.

Right away, she got several looks.

Everybody would be bowing down and getting on their knees if they knew who I was, she thinks to herself.

Mrs. Yang's assistant was able to find out what floor and suite Mr. Yang was staying in even though it's quite obvious he would stay in the Presidential suite. She was also able to, maybe not so legally, acquire a copy of his room key. The things people can get for money...

She makes her way to the floor and opens the door using the room key.

She quietly closes the door and tip toes around the room.

"I don't think anyone is in here..." she mumbles to herself, but that's when she hear voices coming from the bedroom.

"What do you mean she's still alive?!" Shouts Mr. Yang to Ms. Ahn.

He presses his finger between his eyes, frustrated that his plan didn't go his way.

"We could've had it in the bag! Ms. Kim would've died leading that wretched girl to go into foster care. No more of this mess, but no!" He yells and starts pacing the room.

Mrs. Yang couldn't even believe what she was hearing.

"I think Jungwon may have caught on also. I saw him at the hospital today," Ms. Ahn informs.

Mr. Yang aggressively lets out a sigh.

"That boy of mine... I'm starting to think he's actually not my blood," He stops pacing and puts his hands on his hips.

Mrs. Yang almost gasps hearing his sudden statement.

"If I'm being honest sir, he doesn't even look like you," Ms. Ahn says smirking.

What is this bitch even saying? Mrs. Yang thinks to herself.

"He doesn't.... huh...." He says looking at Ms. Ahn. "My wife doesn't know I'm here, right?"

Mrs. Yang ears pop up. Her name is now in the conversation...

"No sir, I made sure of it," Ms. Ahn says.

Mrs. Yang almost laughs. Well, someone's not good at her job...

"I was thinking sir..." Ms. Ahn suddenly slowly approaches Mr. Yang and touches his chest.

"If Jungwon isn't yours, maybe you should get another heir," she says seductively.

Mr. Yang raises an eyebrow, "How will I go about that Ms. Ahn?"

"How we've been going about it," She smirks.

Mrs. Yang heart drops...

As the sound of kissing starts to fill the air, Mrs. Yang stands still hearing the sounds of an affair.

A/N

Hello my loves!! I'm truly sorry for not updating on my usual schedule. To make up for it, I updated twice today!!

And guys!! We hit 3K!! That's so crazy!!

Also, I hope you guys are enjoying the story and the details behind the characters lives. I will like to say we're a little over half way till the story is finished!! Even so, you might not be able to guess the ending of this book just yet. If you think otherwise, how do you guys think it will end? Stay tuned!!

Till the next chapter~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.5K 1.4K 42
"𝐈𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤..... 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞?" Best friends to lovers (slow burn) Started: July 26, 2022 Ende...
64K 2.4K 36
"𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧 𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩?" 𝘼 𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙠 𝙎𝙪𝙣𝙜𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙣 𝙁𝙖𝙣𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙙: 18.11.21 𝙀𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙙: 29...
35.5K 1.6K 42
"𝘿𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚....." "𝘿𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢?" ╰┈➤ᴊᴜɴɢᴡᴏɴ/ᴇɴʜʏᴘᴇɴ ꜰꜰ Ⓢⓣⓐⓡⓣⓔⓓ - 𝟸𝟹 𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚎, 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟹 Ⓕⓘⓝⓘⓢⓗⓔⓓ - 𝟷𝟿 𝙽...
66.9K 2K 28
"I'm saying you aren't so bad new kid.." New country, new school, new people.... new enemy. You moved to Korea as your Dad got a very high payed job...