FOR ALL THAT IS LEFT - A MaNa...

By Gargi_H

This story is present only on wattpad platform, if you find it in any other, please report. DO NOT ENCOURAGE... More

DO READ
OVERVIEW
PROLOGUE
FACE CLAIM
1. THE RUNAWAY COUPLE?
2. NANDINI OR ....
3. ALL THE FIRSTS
Against His Own
4. SWEET SAVIOUR
5. CONNECTED STRANGERS
7. FOR EACH OTHER
8. TERRACE AND TALKS
9. YOU ARE SO GORGEOUS
COURSE OF ACTION

6. HAPPINESS, ECSTACY AND MISERY!

670 66 2
By Gargi_H

Hey all...

I know I gave a late update..

Sorry for that and I hope you all like this update.

PLEASE DO READ THE NOTE AT THE END.

Enjoy reading!

SPACE Institute of Health Sciences
2013

As Manik left, Nandini turned around grinning. She felt a twitch in her heart at his disappointment before and immediately planned to uplift his mood before he left. And she believes chocolate is a therapy to everything bad, which she offered to him. Finally, she was glad to see his small upward curve of lips when he departed.

She found Mansi, Avni and Nayan standing behind her with teasing smiles and raised eyebrows. Nandini rolled her eyes and walked to her place, followed by the three mischievous monkeys.

Someone is having a crush, huh? A huge one at that. Or can I conveniently say someone's smitten? She heard Mansi's teasing tone and mentally face palmed. What was she even thinking when she was grinning like a fool?

Of course, someone's smitten! She heard the other two chorus, followed by open smirks directed at the most crazy girl of the gang. Herself!

Nandini turned around with sarcasm written all over her face and spoke Yeah... why not? I'm going to propose him tomorrow in the very same canteen.

What?! She heard two familiar voices. Why me? She questioned her god. She's officially dead!

What am I hearing, Nandu? Who is the one you are going to propose? When did you fall in love in such a short span of time? Is he a good guy? But, isn't it too early to... Kritika's mouth was shut with Noor's hand.

Kriti, breathe! Noor gestured in actions and Kriti followed.

Ok? Noor questioned without removing her hand and Kritika nodded.
Listen to her, will you? Kritika nodded again.

Both of them turned to Nandini who was gearing up to explain when Mansi jumped in.

She wants to propose the junior Malhotra. They have awesome chemistry. I also have a ship name for them.

MaNan!

Present Day
Mangalore

Manik lay on his stomach on the couch, his legs hanging in the air as Nandini was sitting on a mattress spread on the floor, with her arms loosely wrapped around her knees that were folded to her chest.

They both had grown comfortable with each other, like they were years ago. Manik was living his dream of getting to know Nandini as herself and as a friend, while she could never be more thankful for these moments in her life. It was like a holiday from her stressful life and she intended to make every minute worth it. Manik's company was cherry on the cake. He was an easy person to live with.

How about we watch a horror movie tonight? Nandini asked pulling her legs closer to her chest. Manik looked up from his phone, dazed. He took a minute before nodding in a no.

Nandini brows furrowed as she asked a silent why. Manik understood her questioning gaze and answered We are going to a special place tonight. I had been planning this since three days. Please... come with me.

Ohk... but where? She couldn't help but agree after seeing his literal puppy eyes. This Manik is just so..... lively.

It's a surprise. He exclaimed happily. Nandini nodded trying not to show all the bitter experience that are associated with the word 'surprise'.

The evening set in fast. Nandini and Manik were all ready. As Manik brought his car, Nandini slipped into the passenger seat passing him a small smile, not making her restlessness evident. Manik was looking too happy to notice that and she didn't want his smile to dim.

After an hour of travel with occasional talking and lots of melody playing through the playlist, they reached their destination.

Nandini stood staring at it in awe!

They were standing in front of night carnival. For a minute, Nandini forgot everything, her awful past and her fear for the future. She just wanted to enjoy the today that was hers.... and his.

She held his hand and pulled him inside, almost running making Manik grin widely at her twinkling eyes. The Nandini he knew was this.

She dragged him towards the rides first. He laughed at her adventurous nature. She always wanted thrill and more thrill. They played all of them, with Nandini enjoying the rides and manik enjoying Nandini's broad smile.

Finally after having a fun filled three hours, they finally came out of the exit with an ice cream in their hands, Nandini bumping her shoulder with his teasing him about the girl who gave him sly, flirty looks while Manik whined about how he felt very uncomfortable and embarrassed.

Laughing her guts out, Nandini walked towards the passenger seat of their car when Manik held her hand. She looked at him puzzled but still with her teeth on display.

How about a walk, Nandini? The weather's so nice. He asked with hopeful eyes.

Nandini nodded her head and turned around, gesturing him to lead the way. He offered her his hand like a gentleman, with his legs crossed right behind left. Nandini accepted it with color lightly creeping up her cheeks unconsciously and both walked towards a small street.

The moon was already up and the lights were slowly going out as the clock showed nearly 10. They kept their stride steadily slow and none of them withdrew their hands to not let go off the comfort.

Why are we here, Manik? Nandini asked in a small whisper not willing to break the peaceful atmosphere that surrounded them.

Say the truth, please. Her eyes held an unknown plead. 

Even if it's about what I said to you before marriage, you didn't have to get me here. You could have just delayed or broken the marriage. But, you did none.

I agree I had a very good time here after a long time, but this question just doesn't stop bugging me. Be honest with me.

Manik sighed in defeat. He wanted to delay this confrontation as much as possible, but it came sooner he anticipated. After all nothing is hidden from the keen eyes of Nandini Murthy!

Nandini, I....

You betrayed me! They heard.

You betrayed me!

The words rang in Nandini's ears and she stilled on her place. Manik kept speaking, but not a word reached her head.

You betrayed me!

You betrayed me!

You betrayed me!

No, she murmured and that made Manik stop his rant.

Huh? His brows furrowed as he lifted his bent head to look at her and panicked. She was in a trance, her eyes distant and totally lifeless. It scared him. He involuntarily took a step back.

I believed you so much, Chitra. I loved you, trusted you....

Manik could hear this conversation the conversation of two people whom he assumed to be lovers. But, Nandini's condition was worse. Her thoughts were all muddled up. She couldn't differentiate reality from nightmare.

(Bold words are the on going conversation and italics are Nandini's thoughts)

I loved him, Nandini. I trusted you enough to let you know this.

You could have told me once that you didn't feel the same for me, I would have happily given your hand in Abhay's.

I never knew you hate my happiness so much. You snatched his hand from mine.

Where did I go wrong? I have always loved you, but you chose to...

I did go wrong like never before. I could never see the cunning soul behind your bubbly facade.

We are over for life, Chitra. Never show me your face.

If you have any shame left, never show me your face. 

Nandini! Manik's terrified scream broke her trance but before she could react, she found herself falling on the ground and everything was finally silent again. The same black color that she tried so hard to not let penetrate her.

Manik froze in his place for a minute. He was explaining his decision to Nandini when he heard her small murmur. What he saw would remain imprinted in his mind forever.

He saw fear. Pure fear.

Her shoulders hunched and she shivered with each step as she slowly moved back. Her mouth was open but no voice came out of it.

Her lively eyes were haunted and her stunning smile was replaced by a dreadful grimace. She looked like someone who is facing the worst nightmare of her life.

But, what scared him to death was an approaching car and an unaware Nandini. He screamed and ran towards her but he was still late as the car had hit her already and she lay limp on the ground.

The driver of the car hurried out of his vehicle as soon as realised he hit someone. Though the force was slow as he had already slowed down watching Nandini, but still a girl lying unconscious in front of his car made him feel responsible and guilty.

He picked her up and settled her in the backseat as Manik finally revived from his shock and rushed to Nandini.

His eyes held rage as he eyed the driver who looked scared.

Hospital. Now! The driver complied promptly not wanting to anger him more.

All the way Manik kept staring at Nandini patting her cheeks and pleading her to open her eyes to no avail.

Them reaching the hospital, placing Nandini on a gurney and she being dragged inside the ward was all a blur to Manik. He sat on the chair nearby as his legs gave up.

His eyes were teary but the condition of his heart was worse. His heart was raging and he could feel it thudding and banging against its walls.

Manik had always known a world that has Nandini in it. Whatever he did or wherever he was, he made Nandini and her presence a part of his life.

He would always act after thinking how would Nandini react in this situation. He would see chocolates and laugh imagining her shining eyes and drooling mouth. He goes to racing because Nandini loves adventure and he saw her cheering at one of the races with enthusiasm. In short, all his life just revolved around Nandini.

Now, when he found Nandini on a hospital bed, all quite and injured, his world stood still. He wasn't even able to imagine a world and life where Nandini wouldn't be there.

Are you with the patient? He heard someone and recognized it was the same doctor who treated Nandini.

Ye... yes. How... how's she? What happ.. happened to her? He stuttered as he tried to compose himself amd make a sane conversation. The doctor had a small smile seeing the concern dripping from his eyes and words.

She's fine, young man. She's lucky, though she's hit by a car, she ended up with only a sprain amd no real damage. She'd be up in two hours. The doctor assured Manik who took a sigh of relief.

She fainted because of stress, Mr....

Malhotra. Manik completed.

She's disturbed about something very deep and serious. She was murmuring something even in her unconscious state. I think it was an apology. And all the signs you told me are those of a panic attack. I suggest you to consult a good therapist. The doctor said as he left the place patting Manik's back who stood there with a forlorn expression.

What have you done to yourself, Nandini? He uttered the words into the air as his eyes fixed on the figure lying on the bed, completely detached from her surroundings, in a deep slumber.

I know it's a short chapter. Sort of filler. But, I really am busy and couldn't gather enough time, ideas and words to write an update.

So, tell me how was it? Rate on a scale of 10.

What do you think must be the conversation between Manik and Nandini before marriage?
Best guess would get a shout out.

How many of you think you have changed drastically as compared to your college days to work? And how?

I MIGHT NOT BE UODATING REGULARLY BECAUSE I'M BUSY AND WOULD REMAIN SO FOR SOEM MORE TIME DUE TO SOME PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL COMMITMENTS.

I APOLOGISE FOR THE SAME. PLEASE BEAR WITH ME AND I HOPE YOU SUPPORT ME.

MEANWHILE, TRY OUT MY OTHER BOOKS

1. ONCE IN A LIFETIME

2. AGAINST HIS OWN
from my profile

LIKE, COMMENT AND SHARE!

Adios,
Gargi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.7K 3.8K 5
𝘗𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘭𝘺 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘢𝘴 '𝘓𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦' ⭒❃.✮:▹ He loved 𝐡𝐞𝐫 and 𝘚𝘩𝘦 loved him. It was as complicated as it seemed si...
444K 21.4K 51
☆About Manik Malhothra and Nandini Murthy ☆ How a Man was changed by a beautiful girl .Is their love a True love or just an Attraction? Will they to...
364K 17.7K 40
Manik Malhotra invested each second of his life making money as for him it was the key to dominance and power...a man with a brain bit no emotions! N...
109K 5.6K 28
This is about a rich guy Manik Malhotra who is sweet, charming and loves his mother a lot. A great business tycoon.His only problem is that his mothe...