WHEELCHAIR [니키] ᴇɴ⁃

By dwlskysoo

A story of a girl was facing a critical accident in her life, was needed to be in the wheelchair because of t... More

01
02
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
EPILOGUE
SPECIAL CHAPTER

03

65.5K 4.4K 11.2K
By dwlskysoo

  "One bowl of tteobokki, please." Jangmi smiled at the worker and bowed to a group of people who were giving her way to buy the food first.

She went to the school building again and thought of some ways to go to the school rooftop since there were no people were hanging out on that highest level. So, she couldn't ask for any help-

"What should I do?" Jangmi sighed and looked around to place to see if she could ask for any help.
She slowly tried to stand up, forcing herself to go upstairs but she suddenly fell.

"Are you good?" Jangmi stopped groaning in pain and looked at the person who was standing behind her.

It was Taewoo.

She ignored him, tried to walk again but again she almost fell. Gladly, Taewoo was there to help her.

"You said that you were tired of seeing me this way. I thought my disability burdens you."

Taewoo shut his mouth and sighed,
"Is it bad to help you then?"

He bends his body lower to her, pulling her hand and carrying her on his back while his left hand was holding her wheelchair. Jangmi held the food carefully, so it wouldn't spill on Taewoo-

"Jangmi, why are you so-"

Riki crossed his arm when he saw that scene.
Jangmi sat on the ground while Taewoo was installing the wheelchair again- after he was done, he put her on the chair and left the place.

"I'm sorry for being late."Jangmi went towards Riki and put the food on the floor before leaving the place.

Riki tapped the table to get her attention,
"Come here."

Jangmi looked at Riki,
"Why?"

"Watching my eating, of course. Do you think I will share this with you?"

She just smiled, "I need to go to the classroom."

"Do you want me to post the video"

Jangmi finally came towards him and watched him eating-  She looked at the sky while waiting for him to be done.

Riki suddenly choked on his food. He patted his chest and stood up, suddenly got mad at her.

"Did you put poison on my food?" He asked her and grabbed the bowl, walking toward her causing her to be confused. She shook her head,

"Your action hurt me but I will never poison you." She denied.

"It tastes weird. Did the worker accidentally put a drug in this?" Riki coughed.

Jangmi smell the food and raised her eyebrows,
"It smells good."

Riki shook his head, "No, you need to taste it."
he coughed.

Jangmi went towards him and reached her hand to take the bowl,

"Are you going to steal my food?"

"You asked me to taste it, Riki."

"I didn't say you can take it."

Jangmi was frustrated, "Then, how can I taste it when you didn't allow me to take the bowl?"

Riki feeds the food on her mouth causing her to be shocked. She swallowed it and looked at him in confusion, "There is nothing wrong with this food."

"It tastes like a drug."Riki replied and placed the bowl on her lap, "Finish it."

He said and left the place.

-

Jangmi went into the classroom with a heavy sighed and slowly got mad at Riki for leaving her alone at the rooftop earlier. She was glad that there was a staff who spotted her and helped her to back to the classroom again. Riki caught her existence and smiled evilly, looking at every move of her until she arrived at her seats.

"Why are you so busy these days?"Jaeni asked Jangmi in confusion while drinking her banana milk. Jangmi just smiled at her friend, thinking of a way to lie-
"Nothing bad happened."

"You are starting to eat with someone else. I felt disappointed."

"Don't make me feel guilty, Jaeni. I'm quite busy with the charity work that my club teacher asked me to do."

Jaeni just nodded,
"Since when are you close to Riki? That bad guy? I saw he was bringing you somewhere else before. You also slapped him. it surprised me."

"I'm not close with him. He was annoying, so I pick a fight with him."

"So, is it coming to the end?"

Jangmi nodded, "Don't talk to me about him."

"Just don't mess with him again after this. He is quite risky to be close with."

Jangmi giggles, shook her head at Jaeni as she acted worried. Before the next class was starting, she decided to write her diary again- she searched for it in her bag and also under her desk but it was lost her sight.

"Jaeni, did you see my diary?" Jangmi asked her friend in worries, hoping she didn't lose it since she wrote everything in the diary, including her privacy that other people didn't know.

She pushed her wheelchair backward, was about to leave the classroom, and went back to the rooftop but she stopped when the teacher came into the classroom with a list of names on his hand.

She sighed and went back to her seat, looking around the class if she accidentally leaves it on other tables. Her eyes caught Riki who was reading a book under his desk- she looked at it for a long time and finally realized it was her diary.

She cursed in a low tone, thinking of a way to steal it before Riki knows her secret.

"As you know, you needed to do a project for your examination every year. So, it will help you to gain more scores and increase your ranking."

"I already arrange you in groups. So, all of you are not allowed to change it without my permission."

Jangmi didn't listen to the teacher at all and just fixed her eyes on her diary that Riki stole when she was having her lunch on the rooftop.

"Jangmi, the teacher is calling for you." Jangmi quickly back to her sense and looked at the teacher in confusion.

"Is it okay for you to have Riki as your partner?"

Riki looked at her too, smiling while showing her diary to her making Jangmi felt quite pissed off-

"I will just follow what you want, Mr. Jiu."

Riki smiled again, continue reading her diary.

-

"You need to buy a new wheelchair, Jangmi."

Jangmi shook her head, "It will be a total waste. I went to my treatment a week ago and the doctor said that I could have the possibility to walk again. I will wait for the free day to come."

Jaeni just giggles, realizing how confident and positive Jangmi was. She helped Jangmi to push the wheelchair as they wanted to go home together but they stopped when Taewoo was standing at the school gate. They wanted to leave but Taewoo caught them and stopped them for no reason.

Jangmi had no idea why did Taewoo act strangely after they were breaking up.

"My father transferred his money to my account."

Jangmi raised her eyebrows,
"Then, is it related to me? stop flexing. I know that you are rich."
Jangmi gave a sign to Jaeni to leave.

"He told me to buy a new wheelchair for you- so, that's why."

Jangmi sighed heavily, "Spend it on yourself. Don't burden yourself for me."

"But Jangmi- this is the chance to get something for free-"

"What's wrong with you, Taewoo? I will walk again. There's no need to buy the new one for me-"

"What if-"

Jangmi looked at Taewoo angrily, realizing what he was trying to say but he just shut his mouth after that. "What if what?"

"Jangmi-"

"Let's go. Let's do our project." Riki appeared at the right time and stood next to Jaeni before holding the handle. He sets his eyes on Taewoo, giving him a glare- "Leave. You are blocking our ways."

Jangmi was silent, let Riki brought her to somewhere else. Jaeni was just watching them from far and smiled, leaving the place without talking to Taewoo.

-

"Your writing is great. Your words touched my heart. I was being emotional when I read half of your diary."

Jangmi just shuts her mouth and clenched her fist, holding her tears from dropping.

"I don't know that you and Taewoo were a couple. Both of you hid your relationship well."

Riki pushed the wheelchair passing through the street, not knowing where to go.

"Riki, why don't you leave with your bike?"Jangmi finally spoke up and lifted her head to see Riki.

"I forgot that I have a bike," Riki replied, still pushing the wheelchair while enjoying the great view.

As soon as Jangmi saw a couple was dating at the park and she looked at them for a long time without realizing her tears fell on her cheeks.
Riki stopped when he heard a sob from her.
He saw that couple too and just sighed, kneel in front of her while holding the wheelchair. So, she couldn't leave him.

"Don't look at those bastards."

Jangmi lowered her gaze, "I miss my old days. I miss walking with Taewoo and also Jaeni."

She looked at her legs and hit-making Riki surprised at her action.

"Stop it, dummy."

"I hate it when people make me think that I couldn't ever walk again. Is it really hard to make me feel good?"

"Who? Who makes you feel that way? I will tell my friends to kill them."

She hit her legs again and cried,
"Why do they remind me to buy a new wheelchair? It makes me feel like I will stay on this chair for a long time again."

"Stop hitting your legs." Riki held her sleeve.

"You want to walk again, right? So, stop hitting your legs."

Jangmi sobbed in tears.
"I don't want to buy a new wheelchair."

"Then don't buy it."

Jangmi was about to cry again but Riki stopped her by pushing her chair, bringing her to a food store nearby the park.

"Let's eat first."

Jangmi wiped her tears and lifted her head to see Riki,

Riki caught her eye contact and cleared his throat,

"But it's on you today." He said and laughed, pushing the wheelchair at speed making Jangmi screamed.

-

(≖͠ ͜ʖ)👌
please leave a vote and comments :3

(>) thank you for reading

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

675K 31.6K 34
(Bad Boy AU) „𝐻𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘𝑠 ℎ𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑙𝑦 𝑜𝑓 ℎ𝑖𝑚𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓" Who thought that the school's bad boy would fall for someone like her |Fir...
669K 57.1K 42
a shy and cry baby girl who had a crush on Yang Jungwon and confessed her feeling by sending a letter to him everyday . Everything was good until sh...
378K 45.6K 28
a story of a girl who loves to go to the playground just to see her crush every 9 at night ended up facing a crisis in her life. She was struggling t...
193K 11.3K 43
❝it's a win-win. both of us will gain something good if we help each other out!❞ - wherein two boys agreed to help each other, just so that the perso...