Hide & Seek Marriage (Complet...

By AngelTweet

Two strangers or Two Soulmates One is Fire other is Water. One is emotional other is over practical. One enjo... More

Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 27
Chapter - 28
Chapter - 29
Chapter - 30
Chapter - 31
Chapter - 32
Chapter - 33
Chapter - 34
Chapter - 35
Chapter - 36
Chapter - 37
Chapter - 38
Chapter - 39
Chapter - 40
Chapter - 41
Chapter - 42
Epilogue

Chapter - 9

7K 511 82
By AngelTweet

Swara looked upwards after taking deep breath. She knocked on the glass door. "May I come in Sir"

"Yes, come in" she took a step when cold voice landed on her ears.

She entered inside to see Sanskar hitting his MacBook with his long artistic fingers.

Swara bit her lower lip not understanding what to do next. 'Should I disturbed him, or should I keep quite?'

"You don't have full day Ms. Mehra."

'He and his sarcastic replies. Kanhaji... please rot him in hell for his full life'

Swara connected her Mac with Smart TV and explained about the changes they discussed on last Friday.

"Sir as we discussed on last Friday, there would be 3 inches of height extension for foundation ..." And there Swara went on. She explained all changes professionally.

Sanskar neither interrupted her in middle nor moved his gaze from TV screen. Swara mentally thanked her Kanhaji for his professionalism in office.

Sanskar proposed couple of changes for which Swara instantly took a note.

"May I come in Sir" Mike asked interrupting.

"Yes Mike"

"Sir you have meeting with Rickson's management for deal finalisation at 11 in board meeting room 6A" Mike informed.

"Yes, I will be there in 10 minutes. Double check all arrangements." He ordered as usual.

After quick nod Mike left from his cabin.

"Any other suggestions Sir" Swara enquired.

"Nothing for now. Get those changes and let's discuss tomorrow" he responded not moving his gaze from Mac.

"Sure Sir." Swara nodded leaving deep sigh and turned to go out.

'Beep' Sound indicate Swara about new message. She looked at notification it was for shared contact number.

"Granny's number. She wants to talk to you"

Swara turned abruptly hearing him.

"Hmm" Swara could barely hummed.

"Be careful. She is thinking you are in my penthouse. She doesn't know you are working in my office" He kept on focusing on his Mac Screen.

"I will give her call" Swara mumbled and left without another word.

Once she was out, Sanskar turned his gaze towards closed door. Meeting alert notification beep broke his revere. He shook his head and concentrated back on his work.

Over the week there was no change in routine of Swara and Sanskar. Every day used to start with quick phone call to her parents and sometimes Nikhil, then she used to come to office with Ayesha and then at 10:30 she used to update Sanskar about the progress also taking notes for his suggested changes. Every day she used to get a call from Granny, and they both used to talks sharing about their daily routines.

Sanskar realised one thing over the days, that Swara was an intelligent as well as hardworking girl, whereas for Swara, she was thankful that he kept all their conversations strictly professional. He was demanding, aggressive and strict about his work and Swara enjoyed these challenges thrown on her by her contract husband everyday. These challenges helped her to gain additional knowledge about her profession.

But as every weekday passed her mind was trying to figure out for any cooked up story, she needed to give this time to her roommates.

"Hey Swara, it's 6. When are we leaving?" Ayesha asked her over call.

"Ayesha, I have some updates which I need to finish EOD" Swara replied holding phone between her ear and shoulder. She was in her cubical which was assigned to her on her first day when she shifted her office stuff on Sunshine Floor.

"I need to present them tomorrow to Sir."

"Hey, every day you see that sex bomb. Lucky you" Ayesha teased her again.

"Stop it, Ayesha. If you want, please take my job. I would be the happiest person on this earth if we can exchange our jobs."

"I wish" Ayesha dreamed. "Ok bye I am leaving. Will you be able to come alone?"

"Yes sure. Just send me list of groceries. I will pick them while coming back" Swara replied.

"No worries... I will pick them you do your work and come home soon" Ayesha ordered before cutting their call.

It was almost 8 when Swara started winding up for the day. She packed her stuff wanted to use washroom. While going towards washroom her gaze went towards Sanskar's cabin, lights were still on indicating he was still working. She got to know by her collogues that their boss comes first in the morning and leaves last at the night.

'Work Maniac' one more adjective added in her list. She had seen him working non-stop over weekends at Granny's house as well.

She came out and was about to dash with another person, but she somehow managed her balance.

"I am sorry" she raised her eyes to look at the person.

"I am sorry" the person also responded.

He was dressed in formal suit and looking at his attire Swara could guess he would be someone from higher management.

"Sorry Sir" Swara gave apological look.

"Are you new here?" he asked looking at her from top to bottom.

"Yes Sir" Swara halted and turned back.

"Hi I am Ryan... I am VP for Marketing and Branding" he forwarded his hand.

"I am Swara... I work as Architect for Amanera Project" Swara shook her hand with his passing conscious yet professional smile.

"Amanera... great means we would be working together" Ryan did not move his eyes from her face. "Pleasure is all mine to work with you Swara."

"Thank you, Sir. Please excuse me sir I need to catch a train." Swara escaped feeling uncomfortable under his unwavering gaze.

"Call me Ryan" He shouted from back still not moving his stare from her back figure. 'Beautiful.'

Swara was standing at Union Station for her Subway when recent incident replayed on her mind. Even after she left office her heart was engulphed with unknown fear. She did not like the way Ryan looked at her or even kept on holding her hand. She was not any naïve girl who could not differentiate between right and wrong. 'I need to avoid him.'

Swara was cleaning the dishes after their dinner along with Ayesha.

"I don't understand why you need to go to your fiancée's aunt's house on every weekend?" Ayesha asked.

"Ayesha, I don't have any other option. They wanted me to stay with them, but you know it is too far from here so at least on weekends they want me to visit them." It was Thursday and Swara knew she needed to go to meet Granny along with Sanskar.

"But then when you will go and enjoy your life" they heard third voice, which was of Rupali.

"I am already enjoying my life" Swara brought fake bright smile. 'I have to clear all dues before I think anything about my life.'

As last weekend, Sanskar picked up Swara from their decided spot to go to Granny's house. After reaching there, Swara got busy with Granny and their talks. Over the weekdays both ladies were bonded over the love and care shared between the two.

"So how was your week? Did he take you out for dinner?" Granny asked whispering.

"I was busy Granny" Sanskar replied as usual he was working on his Mac sitting on couch.

"Why you always reply to my questions? Your wife has melodious voice."

"Tell me did he take you out for dinner?" Granny asked again.

"No" Swara shook her head.

"I think I need to give you lessons for how to bring your husband on his knees. Don't be so understanding. Start demanding his time. He is your husband. You should not ask him you should order him. And if he does not listen to you then tell me. I will take his class" Granny started her teaching lessons.

'Order... that's not my forte Granny. Your Hitler grandson has done PH. D in it. Dominating Monster.' She plastered her face with tight smile

She could feel Sanskar's intense gaze from her corner eyes.

"Swara do you believe in Kanhaji?" Granny asked out of nowhere.

"Yes Granny" Swara replied.

"If I ask you to do puja in our house temple tomorrow, will you, do it?"

"Me? Granny I? How could I?" she fumbled with sudden ask.

"And why not? You are daughter in law of this house. One day or the other day you need to take care of everything." She explained with small smile.

Swara passed quick look at Sanskar who was looking at duo intently.

He knew how his grandmother was possessive about their house temple. No one was allowed to go inside. From last one year only, Julia was the only one who was instructed and allowed to go and light diya infront of Kanhaji's idol.

Even he, himself was restricted to go inside if he had eaten nonveg food or had any drinks.

His granny was too much particular about it. But within two meets this new girl earned her trust was something amazed Sanskar.

"Don't look at him. Your husband is Nastik? He will not even enter in temple. Forget about he, folding hand infront of Kanhaji" Granny's words broke their short eye lock.

"Please Swara... say yes"

Swara nodded agreeing to her simple demand.

"Good my child .... then it's final you will do puja whenever you are here and then I will ask Julia to make video call to me so I can see it" Granny spoke her heart out.

"But why video call? You can come to temple" Swara asked question which was haunting her. She had never seen Granny coming out from her room.

"It will be too much stressful for her." Sanskar's voice shut her up.

Granny gave her one painful look.

After dinner when Swara was asked to go in her room. She knocked but there was no reply from inside.

She entered like scary kitten, after freshening up she went to balcony to talk to her parents not to make her on Paper Husband angry.

"Yes, I think I should take second opinion about Granny's reports" She heard Sanskar's cold voice.

'Granny is suffering with some disease but what?' She was observant enough to understand.

"Is Granny suffering from any di..." She asked when Sanskar finished his call.

"Enough... don't poke your nose in the matters which are not related to you." he snarled.

"But Granny is related to me" she found her voice against it.

"It should be a simple contract for you.... nothing more... nothing less" his eyes narrowed down giving shudders down her spine.

"Not everything is a contract" She mumbled under her teeth turning and moving towards couch.

Next day, as asked by Granny Swara went to temple as directed by Julia. She performed puja under guidance of Granny over video call.

She folded her hands after puja closing her eyes and that moment Sanskar came out from Gym and was going towards stairs. His eyes captured innocent, pious soul praying to almighty halted him in his tracks.

She was wearing simple light blue cotton kurti with white salwar, with wet hairs, without any make up or heavy jewellery or any artificial additions she was looking the most pious lady.

'Why me?' her words rang in his ears, surfacing a scene from his memory line when he saw her first time.

Six months back, Sanskar had visited India for one of his deals. After deal signature he was proceeding towards Mumbai airport for his private jet. His car was stuck in the traffic. He was working on his Mac not bothering about his surroundings siting on the back seat.

Sudden honking's from outside captured his attention. And that moment his gaze fell on girl.

She was dressed in simple cotton churidar and leggings with open hairs she was looking divine even in the crowd. But what captured Sanskar's eyes, was the puppy she had in her hands.

Looked like that puppy had injured his leg. He was bleeding. She had pressed her handkerchief on his wound and was massaging his head with her long fingers. She was blabbering something being least bother about busy street. Then she took out her tiffin from bag and started feeding one chapati to the dog.

As his car proceed, Sanskar turned his gaze back to his Mac.

'Strange... Humanity still exists in the world.' He left chuckle and drowned himself in this work.

"Humanity is just a facade" he mumbled and left for upstairs.

**************************************

Thanks for loving this story. Let me know how you found this chapter in the form of your votes and comments.

Please feel free to share this story in your message board as suggestive read if you think that they will enjoy this roller coaster ride.

Love
AngelTweet

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

509K 22.6K 37
Satyadev, our male protagonist, is one of the leading businessmen in Chennai city in the southern part of India. He owns a renowned chain of star hot...
12.1K 751 10
A Prequel of For Our Love, which must be read to understand this story. Short stories from your favourite characters' pasts.
312K 20.1K 33
She was determined to become a businesswoman . No one can stop her . Her family is an very rich orthodox tamil family which approves woman only t...
681K 25K 36
Pranit Verma-A successful self-made businessman ,specifically a hoteiler. He runs a chain of hotels in India as well as in some foreign countries. A...