The Proposed Marriage

By remixthestory

/BOOK 2 - PROPOSAL SERIES/ -- Starting fresh, starting new is never easy. Not when you leave a major part of... More

❥ Copyright & Characters
❥ Prologue
❥ 1. Hiraeth
❥ 2. Smultronställe
❥ 3. Anam Cara
❥ 4. Hülya
❥ 5. Orenda
❥ 6. Scintilla
❥ 7. Komorebi
❥ 8. Anodyne
❥ 9. Minutiae
❥ 10. Marmoris
❥ 11. Serendipity
❥ 12. Phosphenes
❥ 13. Inchaote
❥ 15. Immure
❥ 16. Dormiveglia
❥ 17. Puissance
❥ 18. Haimish
❥ 19. Flōrentis
❥ 20. Asawa
❥ 21. Brontide
❥ 22. Morii
❥ 23. luftmensch
❥ 24. Aporia
❥ 25. Frore
❥ 26. Parastin
❥ 27. Moed
❥ 28. Procellous
❥ 29. Hellion
❥ 30. Toska
❥ 31. Tacenda
❥ 32. Oneirodynia
❥ 33. Souris
❥ 34. Attrahent
❥ 35. Lucesco
❥ 36. Kalon
❥ 37. Boketto
❥ 38. Tyyneys
❥ 39. Mizpaho
❥ 40. Rakuyou
❥ 41. Neomemenia
❥ 42. Ominous
❥ 43. Verticordious
❥ 44. Elide
❥ 45. Zemblanity
❥ 46. Hävitys
❥ 47. Dolent
❥ 48.Còsagach
❥ 49. Ukiyo
❥ 50. Sayonee
❥ 51. Juggernaut
❥ 52. Affrap
❥ 53. Kärsiä
❥ 54. Crudêl
❥ 54. Cruor
❥ 55. Brumous
❥ Epilogue

❥ 14. Ramé

2.8K 179 8
By remixthestory

Ramé (Noun)

Something which is chaotic and Joyful at the same time.

♡♡

Mahira stared at the crashed coffee mug, the white chinaware pieces scattered all over the black tiles around their table. She glanced at Veer who looked at the pieces in the same bewilderment, his eyes wide and mouth grimacing at the sight.

All what happened in the mere seconds, Mahira had yet to put her mind to. He uttered the words which came as a surprise to her but more of it, it was a shock for him who lost his grip on his coffee mug, sending it straight to floor.

"You want me to spend day with you ?" She voiced her surprise, shaking him out of whatever mental battle he seemed to be indulged in.

His lips parted, eyes widened, brows furrowed and a thoughtful Expression crossed his face. He nodded after full 5 seconds.

"You look confused and shocked" She stated glancing at the waiter who seems to be grumbling under his breath.

Giving an apologetic smile to the waiter she looked at him.

Veer shook his head, rubbing a hand on his face, he gestured to someone for cleaning.

"I'm sure, Yes. Spend the day with me" He straightened on the seat, squaring his shoulders.

Mahira bit her lower lip and winced as the jolt of pain shot through her wounded lip, she immediately left it and tried soothing it with her tongue.

"Mahira" He growled as if in pain and she snapped her eyes back to him, His fingers clutched around the check receipt the waiter hovered to collect from him. "Yes or No ?"

He signed the receipt and gave it back to the waiter who twisted his lips seeing the wrinkled paper.

"I'm waiting" He Reminder her and she sighed in defeat. She didn't had any important thing to do at work but why did he wants her company for the day ? She pouted her lips thinking.

"Why ?"

"Why what ?" He frowned confused, something he was too much in last few minutes.

"This day. I mean all of a sudden why ?" Mahira asked.

"What if I tell you there is no specific reason for this ?" He cocked a brow and Mahira could see his usual calm and composed demeanor coming back. "I want to know you more, You said you'll let me in"

Mahira smoothened the table cloth, trying to come up with any thing but couldn't. She looked up with the snap of his fingers, urging for her to say Yes.

Slumping she nodded "Yes"

The Charming smile which rested on Veer's face had the power to swoon every female present in the café. Mahira composed herself before giving her hand to his extended one.

They walked out of there to his car, this time Mahira sat relaxing as he maneuvered the car on the streets of Mumbai.

She pulled her phone out texting Vandita about the change of plan and then to Sakshi who replied with an grinning emoticon and Have fun.

She rolled her eyes at the reply but a slight smile came up on her lips.

"Inform all those you need to then you aren't touching that device"

She heard Veer stating and she narrowed her eyes at him, glancing at his chiming phone.

"Same applies to you" She demanded.

"Roger Captain" he mocked a tough tone.

Mahira chuckled at his attempt of mimicry. She switched off her phone as no one else was to be told. Putting it back she dumped her bag on the backside and lowered the window.

"You feel comfortable" Veer teased.

"I have to be" Mahira glanced at him "knowing I'm spending a lot of time in here today"

Veer groaned, rolling his eyes "I hate traffic" .

"What about ditching it ?" She asked gesturing towards the Metro station they were to cross.

"No" He denied and she scoffed.
Settling back she let the wind play with her hair strands feeling stolen glances from him. They stopped at Red light and her eyes traveled to a girl selling glass bangles.

"सुनो, इधर आना" (Hey, Come here) She called out for the girl, eyes searching her brass basket filled with different glass bangles, some red, some green, Some yellow, some white and a little blue.

"Take White" Veer instructed and she looked at him surprised.

"Sure ?"

"Very" He said leaning a little for seeing the basket. He picked 6 white bangles, his thump caressing the cold glass, His eyes looking at them and then her face.

"Beautiful"

Mahira could feel her breath hitched as he took her right hand and slide all six in one. The glass bangles clinked with each other and the melody brought first real smile on her lips after yesterday.

She snapped her head up seeing Veer igniting the engine and the girl waving them away with a huge grin on her face. Mahira looked at the girl who was left back and then at the man beside her.

"When did you pay her ?"

"When you were admiring these" He answered, his finger trailing at her wrist, on the bangles and then touching her skin.

She could feel goosebumps on her arms and blood rushing to her neck, She was glad she chose a ¾ sleeve shrug to go with her sleeveless top and palazzos.

She put her hair strand behind the ear and the bangles tinkled catching his attention towards her.

He shook his head in amusement and she bit the insides of her cheek to keep the smile from her face.

He parked in a car park, undoing his seat belt and staring at her with hooded eyes, they seemed to be scrutinizing her face.

"What ?" She muttered self-consciously.

"Your look" he said "It doesn't say day-out"

Mahira scoffed internally, turning to her side, unlocking the door and stepping out when her movements froze as her bun came undone. Her black locks came tumbling down her waist and her lips parted in a gasp.
She turned to look at Veer who seems to be smiling in victory, rolling her hair tie in his fingers.

"Veer..."

"We don't have a lot of time, Come out now" He cut her off to walk out and she sat their gaping. Her fingers went to her hairs and tried to pull them when he hunched at his window "Don't"

Mahira took a brave breath, taking her locks and twisting them to the side, tying with a hair strand.

"I told you not to..."

"I'm not keeping them down" Mahira asserted and he stared at her face for Atleast half minute and turned on his heels, walking forward.

Mahira felt the hurt coursing through herself, she took quick steps towards him, trying to match his strides.

"Veer" She called for him but he didn't look at her "I...I can't. I'm scared" She admitted and he stopped on his place.

"Scared of whom ?" He asked and Mahira averted her eyes to the cemented road. "Tell me"

"You..you won't understand, I can't tell you...not now" She bared her heart as her throat swallowed.

He took a calming breath, walking closer to her and making her look up at him with his finger. "You look good in this too"

The lazy smile absorbed his features and he took a step back, turning on his heel. He looked over his shoulder "Come on now"

Mahira felt her heart relaxing so as her features as she joined him, his steps were small and slow to match hers as they walked on the busy streets to the destination only he knew.

"Here we go"

Mahira looked around at the never ending greenery, the trees shading over them, protecting from harsh morning sunlight. The green grass looked inviting, refreshing and cheerful, the whispers around from people made a calming chirping around, the base to her thrumming heart.

She turned to him, a small leisure smile playing on his lips as he gave the place a once over before meeting hers.

"Walk ?" He cocked a brow and started walking towards the grass when she held his shirt sleeve, eyeing his shoes cladded feet.

"Not with these" She said, bringing her foot up and removing her flats. He looked at her with pursed lips and then at the fresh green grass laced with dew drops.

He crouched down and removed his shoes and then his dress socks. He pocketed them and held his shoes in his left hand.

"This should be declared as a Therapy"

Mahira heard Veer mutter under his breath as they continued walking barefoot on the grass.

He looked in a daze, his eyes fixed on the grass and Mahira smiled realizing his previous words weren't meant for any ears. She decided not to Comment as they both savored the moment.

"Wanna try that ?"

Mahira gestured towards a group of children playing, shouting and cheering at each other passing the rubber ball to each other, trying to hit the opposite team members who kept arranging the stones on top of another.

His brows dipped to see the game, observing what the children were doing. He seem to take a hold of what they were playing.

Mahira nudged his shoulder to quit his observation Session. "You don't know how to play ?"

"I..I.." He rubbed his eyebrow with his thumb looking away from her, he looked embarrassed.

Mahira chuckled and he turned narrowing his eyes at her playfully.

"Don't stop, Enjoy on my expense" He commented and Mahira burst out laughing.

Mahira clamped her lips shut to stop the grin and took a deep breath to sober up.

"I'll guide you" She said "Follow me" She winked taking the lead.

She replayed her previous words and the wink, She didn't held so much confidence to do that but it was as if a spur of a moment she did it all. She let her heart and mind go different ways, Her heart taking the lead and her mind sitting at a corner sulking as she listened to whatever the tiny organ relayed to her nerves, taking in the action.

Not giving a thought to the ifs and buts. Just for this once.

Mahira stared at him surprised as he took her to an old fort, they climbed the stone stairs to reach the balcony like structure to overlook the ocean.
The sunset now at its peek. The sky looking as a canvas with all the colors splashed, followed by hard brush strokes transforming into the scenic view of the bright hues of dawn.

"How did you know about this ?"Mahira voiced her thought and glanced at him who looked straight at the setting sun.

"My driver...my boss's driver dropped me here once" He corrected himself so quick and smooth.

Mahira didn't mind his slip and kept her eyes fixed on the setting sun, the rays left behind as the sun embraced with the ocean water, hiding itself behind the skyline.

She felt sudden drops of water cascading down her and around, she looked up to see small drizzle of rain trickling down her skin, light and soft.

She raised her hands, embracing the light rainfall, her lips stretched into a beautiful grin.

She stole a glance at him, his eyes burned her skin at the same time made her feel appreciation. She looked down and he paced his fingers below her chin making her look up at him.

"Serein" His lips murmured, eyes staring straight in her eyes.

Mahira couldn't look away from him, His magnetic Black pulling her browns to them.

"You know what it means ?" He asked.

She shook her head a little.

He traced her steps towards him, a little closer.

"It defines you Ira."

Vote, Comment and Share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 7.5K 112
Warning : This story is intended for readers aged 18 and above. It contains explicit content, including violence and marital rape, which may be offen...
735K 22.3K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...
190K 8.7K 24
Ranked #5 in General Fiction on 18 Aug 2018. I would like to thank my readers for this constant support. ***************************************** "...
1M 67.7K 49
"Mr Mehra you are in no position to interfere in my matters. I could have handled the situation by myself without you getting involved in it. I am co...