Retreat into Darkness

Від helswrites

#1 in sword fighting #3 in darkforest #7 in weapons #12 in gory #25 in mysterious (THIS BOOK HAS MANY GRAMMA... Більше

Don't go into the Darkness
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Welcome the Darkness
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60

Chapter 23

4.9K 158 251
Від helswrites

Allaura Aislinn

"Where the hell were you?" Katlynne demanded.

And so I told them everything that happened. The Fay, the healing, the ruins, everything.

After I was done explaining everything they just stared at me with wide eyes.

"Are you okay?" Dominic blurts out. "Yeah i'm fine, none of us got seriously injured so." Dominic shakes his head in disapproval. "You and Caspian shouldn't go alone anymore, me and Aeryn should go with you guys, it'll be safer that way."

What Dominic is saying isn't a terrible idea. But it's all up to Alek, if he wanted to have them come with us he would. "It's all up to Alek Dom. Whatever boss man says, goes." Even Aeryn looks sad about the thought of them not attending mission with us.

"So, Katlynne how's training?" I say changing the awkward tension.

She grins at my question. "It's actually great. I've been practicing my bow and it came to me naturally." I smile back at her before turning to Dominic and Aeryn. "And you guys? How was everything while we were gone?" They both look at each other. "Boring." They answer at the same time.

I laugh and look behind me to see where Caspian has gone. He left about thirty minutes and still hasn't come back.

Weird.

"Hey, i'll see you guys in a-bit, yeah? I'm gonna go look for Caspian."
Before I leave, I don't miss how Katlynne scowls at his name.

I wave them goodbye and walk to the direction of our room.

I guess we won't be training today. We're both tired and bruised, but I don't want to miss a day of training.
I need to get stronger. If the Verl Fay are after me, after us, then I have to get stronger.

I stop mid-way on the stairs and turn back around to walk to Aleksandr's office.

I saw the way Alek looked at Caspian when he saw my arm. I understood what he felt.

Opening to door to his office, I realize he's alone. It's just him and me.

His eyebrows twitch up in surprise at the sight of me. "Allaura dear, what brings you here?" I smile at the nickname he's given me. "I need to ask you of something." He doesn't say anything so I take that as a sign to continue. "I don't want you to hold off on our missions." He frowns at my words. "Allaura..." he starts. "No. Here me out please. I need to get stronger. I train all day, each day a week, from morning to night. I do get stronger then but if I don't continue to go on these missions, I won't learn new things. I won't work under pressure that well."

We just stare at each other for a few moments before his face breaks into a genuine smile. "I like how you think. I just don't want you guys getting hurt on my mission. Many people do and you are new, I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you, or Caspian for that matter." He explains.

He's right. I am new and I have much more to learn. But if I stay in training, and train my ass off in front of the people i'm safe and comfortable with, I won't learn new things.
I need to work under the pressure. I need to feel that fear and control it. But I won't be able to feel it while I only work in training.

"Caspian is the guard of Lady Diona. I'm sure he has the strength to keep me safe." I inform him.
Aleksandr smiles at me. "You are very brave Allaura. Not many people would think the way you do. The way you think is smart, and we need smart in our assassins."

A few minutes go by of us talking about what to expect on our missions.
There will be many Fay, and many other creatures that I do not know of yet and have yet to face. But it's what I signed myself up for.

I tell Aleksandr goodbye and once again start to make my way to my room.

I open the door with a smile on my face.
"Caspia-oh." I walk in on him.

In a towel on his hips.

I close the door and quickly face it so my back is at him. "Sorry." I say with and awkward laugh, that turns into a small coughing fit.

I hear shuffling of clothes and then hear the towel hit the ground.

I blush.

The sound of his belt is what snaps me back to reality. "You can turn around now."

I do as he says and smile awkwardly once I see he only has his pants on.

No shirt. God bless- stop.

I clear my throat awkwardly and take off my boots and dirty jacket.
I scrunch my nose in disgust at the smell of my clothes.

"You should wash, you stink." Caspian mocks from behind me.

I can't help but laugh at his words. "Thank you Mr. Captain obvious." I tell him over my shoulder.
He's quiet for a few moments before he asks. "What's a Captain obvious?"

This has me bursting out in laughter.
I double over and clutch my stomach as I break into fits of laughter. Small tears pricked the corner of my eyes.

"What." Caspian says oblivious.

I snort and turn to him. "It's a saying in my world, the human world. It's just a stupid thing we say. For example when we say something really obvious, we say thank you for stating the obvious 'captain obvious.'"

Caspian just stares at me. "That's stupid." He states bluntly.

I laugh and continue to take off my boots and undress for the shower. "How was it with your friends?" He asks.

I hear the bed shift and turn around to see him laying on it. His ankles are crossed over each other and his arms are behind his head. Which make his biceps bulge out.

Swoon.

I avert my gaze away from his face. "It was good, I told them what happened and all. I also stopped by Alek's office." His head shifts towards me, eyebrows raised. "I told him to not hold back on the missions." His head tilts in confusion. "It'll help me learn, teach me in ways that are different from this training. It'll help me under pressure, under stress and fear. It'll make me stronger."

I sigh and sit on the edge of the bed.
I hear the sheets ruffle and feel Caspian's warmth behind me. He slowly places his palm on my lower back. "I wish you didn't have to be so strong Aura." He says while rubbing my back. I feel his magic working his muscles and I shudder when it hits my upper back. "Keep it there, it feels good." I tell him.
He chuckles but rubs soothing circles on my upper back.

"Has Alek told you the next mission?" He asks. "No. But he told me what to expect. Of course there will be Fay, and many other creatures I haven't seen yet."

He doesn't answer for a few moments. "There are many more dangerous things out there than Fay Allaura. Things that are bigger, stronger than you have seen. This assassin guild is the strongest out there, that's why we go on such dangerous missions. I don't want to see you get hurt anymore." He mumbles the last part. "That's okay. It's part of training and being an assassin, is it not?" I chuckle. "Yes, but it's my fault you're in this position in the first place."

I reach over my shoulder and grab his hand that was rubbing my shoulder. He tenses but I don't let go. "If it wasn't for you Cas, I wouldn't even be alive right now. You saved my from the Fay I first ever encountered. Yes you brought me to training grounds. But without them, where do you think I would be? If anything you saved me from what's really out there." I squeeze his hand in reassurance, and thankfully he squeezes back.

"Now go take a shower. You smell like shit." He says dismissively.

I laugh and nudge his shoulder so he sinks back into the bed.

And I can't help but walk into the wash room with a smile on my face.

As I'm washing myself, I can't help but be grateful that i'm the one who changed his mind about us humans. He didn't get into detail about who exactly told him that we were cruel, but whoever did lied. Yes, some humans are very cruel, but there are some out there who are kind, loving, selfless. And I'm glad I was the one who showed him that some of us humans can be good.

He brings a smile to my face with his random sense of humour. The random questions he ask. The time he asked what hypothermia was, or what captain obvious was, it brings such a genuine smile and laugh out of me.

At first we didn't get along, and I understood why, but he is just another person, another living being that needs to be taught new things. He still has much to learn about my kind, and I have much to learn about his kind.

Human.

I bring my hand to my slightly pointed ears. I've been able to hide them from everyone with my hair.

Am I even human?

Both of my parents were, we lived in the human world so it makes no sense that I would be anything other than human.

But how did my ears change and how do I have wings. It doesn't feel real, and I haven't really brought myself to really think about it. Everytime I do think about it, I freak out.

And that's exactly what's happening right now.

wings, wings.

It makes no sense. And it's too overwhelming.

Everything comes crashing to me right now.

The portal, the training, my ears, wings, fighting.

It's too much. Too damn much.

A chocked sob comes from my throat and I slap my hand over my mouth as I sink down into the tub.
The hot water hits my skin, but I can only imagine it cold.

Too much.

Flashes of the creatures come into my mind. The chains Katlynne were in. My mother laughing at me while I was in my own chains.

That's how I feel now. I feel chained to this life. I have no other option but to keep going forward, I have no choice but to be strong because there is no room for mistakes.

But it's too much.

Another sob escapes my mouth, and I don't stop it. More and more come from my throat. I can't tell if it's the water of tears coating my face now.

I wish I could just scream. I wish I could just wake up and be back in my own bed, my own home knowing my mother is in the kitchen drinking her daily cup of coffee. I wish I could kiss her goodnight one last time. I wish I could hear her say I love you again.

But I can't.

I lay in the tub feeling helpless.

Everything happened so fast, too fast. And it's too much for me. I feel useless. Landon is out there, and I can't do anything for him, I can't go look for him because he can be anywhere.
I've failed him. He's out there, scared and alone. And I'm here training with two of my friends.

While he's out there alone.

My hand hangs limply on the cool tub while I cry and cry. I don't quiet my cry's. I can't dammit.

I hear the door slide open, but I have no energy to fight them off.

I just want to go home.

The shower curtains open and a towel is thrown over my naked body.

I miss you, mom.

Caspian turns off the water.

I'm sorry, mama.

He steps into the tub and tugs me to him.

I'm so sorry I failed you, mama.

He holds me to him. He doesn't move from out of the tub but he holds my body to his.
He lifts my body so I sit side ways on his lap. My head is tucked away to his neck and I just hold him.

And he holds me.

I sob and shake against him. I can't stop my sobs, they just keep coming and coming.
He lays his cheek onto the top of my head and kisses the crown of my head. "I'm so sorry, love."

I can't help but cry harder and pull him impossibly close to my body.
His arms tighten around me. We both sit there, hanging onto each other like our life depends on it.

I'm not sure how long we sit there in each others arm. But once my cry's have died down, Caspian lifts me up and carries me to the bed.
The towel is still secured around my body when he tucks me under the covers.

He kisses my forehead and goes under the covers after he's tucked me in.

I'm so tired, Cas.

I blindly search the bed until I feel his hand and intertwine our fingers.
He squeezes me hand. "Sleep Aura. I'll be here when you wake up." He says while brushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

I nod numbly and pull his hand towards me, almost as if i'm hugging a teddy bear.

I fall deep into a dreamless sleep while holding his hand.

Thank you Cas.

£

BRO I LEGIT CRIED WHILE WRITING THIS-

I FEEL SO BAD FOR HER UGH

ANYWAYS HOPE YOU ENJOYED AND DONT FORGET TO VOTE!
LOVE YOU ALL👹💓

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

146 29 15
What if dreams really could come true? What if fairy tales could come true? And you will become their main character? Once a girl named Aislinn had a...
146 29 15
«you don't deserve to be fighting. you're slaughtering us all, people who used to be our friends. how does it make you feel, knowing your a monster?»...
78 4 19
Book 1 in 'The Royal Assassin' Trilogy | ORIGINAL WORK Adira is an assassin and her only goal in life is to protect her younger sister, Natasha, espe...
18.5K 821 19
The Life Tree has fallen. Monsters crawl from its roots and terrorise the realms they reach. In offer of protection, the Demon realm unleashed its so...