Cabin boy, Jim Hawkins x read...

By CedricDiggorysthot

**NEEDS MAJOR EDITING, CHANGING SOME PLOTS I ORIGINALLY HAD. Chapters that are actually numbered (besides pro... More

Prolouge
1. Billy bones
2. Treasure planet?!
3. RLS legacy
4. John Silver
5. Bright eyes and bad breath
Feelings (semi edited)
8. Lots of talks
9. Betrayal
10. B.E.N
11. Our Map
Scroops end
Treasure planet
(Semi edited) Before I do anything
Forgiveness, goodbyes and hellos
A fresh start

7. Supernova

2K 50 12
By CedricDiggorysthot

"Good heavens" cried Delbert pulling out his telescope
"The star pelusa, it's gone supernova!"

Y/N ran with the captain, assisting her.
"Evasive action, Mr Turnbuckle!" She ordered him as she ran towards the boat wheel.

"All Hands fasten your life line" yelled Mr Arrow.

Everyone ran towards the lifelines and secured it around their waists firmly.

"Y/N!" Jim yelled looking around for her, but he couldn't see her anywhere "Y/N!"

"I'm sure she's safe, she left with the captain didn't she? Now secure ye life line!" Silver yelled at Jim and tied it around for him when he realised Jim wasn't listening to him, instead he watched around for Y/N.

"I need to make sure" Jim yelled running around to find her. Silver sighed.

He saw her walking across the bowsprit that the two were sitting on before, she had already had a lifeline secured. He ran after her.

"Y/N!" He yelled catching up to her

"Jim?" She questioned as she pulled down a rope from her end, obeying Mr Arrows orders while securing the sale.

Jim reached her and tightened the life line around her waist. "Ow Jim! What the hell? To tight" she huffed, she pulled at it to loosen it a bit, but Jim slapped her hand away.
"Whats gotten into you?"

Those words threw him off, he paused as he started to register it.
"I don't know..."

"... well then figure it out. I'm gonna do the ones on the opposite side, are you okay here?"

"No wait I'll come with you!" He argued, turned back as she had started to run off.

"Jim no?! You need to stay here I'll be safe. Promise!" She yelled. Before he could say anything back she ran off. Jim forced himself to trust her.

Suddenly from the top, silver got blasted and it threw him off balance as it cut his life line.

"SILVER" Jim yelled, he got ahold of his life line and pulled it down, instead of falling over the edge silver fell next to him.

"Thanks lad" he sighed in relief, Jim smiled back before helping him up.

A really big astroid came into view, it was bigger than the ship itself, but instead of hitting the ship it.. retreated?

Everyone looked at it confusedly until Delbert spoke.
"The star? It's evolving into A..... BLACKHOLE"

Y/N had started to run across the ship and towards Jim when suddenly the ship started to shake.
No body payed any mind to it, assuming it just shook  because of the force.

Y/N wanted to continue running, make it to Jim but her gut told her not to.
After having an argument with herself she gave in to her gut.
She ran to the side of the ship to see that an asteroid had in fact rammed into it, most likely causing the shake of the ship.

But now there was a hole. And things were flying out of it which was significantly making the ship weaker and making it easier for it to be pulled into the black hole.

Her heart dropped. If this didn't get fixed they would all die. And If they all died that meant Jim would die.

That thought actually made her sick.

Before she could properly think Y/N ran back into the ship, picking up a tool box from the supply cupboard and a few extra planks of wood.

"Bakst these waves! They're so deucedly erratic!"
Yelled the captain

"No captain! They're not erratic at all, they'll be one more in precisely forty seven point two seconds!" Explained Delbert.
"Followed by the biggest magilla of them all!"

Captain Amelia took in his words and thought it an idea. "Of course! Brilliant doctor, we'll ride that last magilla out of here!" The captain yelled happily.

"All sails secured captain!" Yelled Mr Arrow

"Good man! Now release them immediately"

"Aye captain" Mr Arrow said confusedly, but trusted her judgment  "you heard her men! Unfurl those sails" he ordered, despite many of the crews complaints.

Mr Arrow climbed out to help.

"Mr Hawkins! Make sure all lifelines are secured good and tight!"

"Aye Captain" he obeyed, junking odd from the shrouds and over to the life line Weber he secured them, double checking Y/Ns and securing it tighter.

"Life lines secured captain!" Jim saluted after finishing his job.

"Good."

Y/N wasted no time running back, she grabbed ahold of an empty life line and created a knot so she could place the planks in.
She caught Amelia's eye as she did so. Y/N didn't have to explain herself as Amelia already guessed what had happened, judging by what she saw Y/N had gathered.
Amelia nodded respectfully at Y/N which made her drop to her knees and quickly finishing tying the planks.

No body else cared to notice what she was doing as they were all to busy with their own roles.

Apart from Jim. He noticed her, seeing her kneel in the middle of the chaos.
He raised his eyebrow confusedly as he watched what she was doing.

Once Y/N was done she picked up the plank and held onto the tool box tightly in her hand. She stood up as she looked ahead.

The ship was faltering.
Y/N looked towards the captain who was now looking stressed.

Now wasting no time Y/N broke out into a run, the tool box in one hand and the planks under her arm.

When Jim finally came to the realisation he called out, starting to go after her.

But it was to late Y/N had jumped off the edge of the ship, dropping the planks beside her the hung in their own life line.

She groaned in pain as the ropes gripped her waist but tried her best to ignore it.

Jim watched in horror.
He started to sprint again but Silver put a hand on his shoulder and pulled him back, he pulled him to his chest as he held onto the pole of the crews nest so Jim was shielded for the upcoming blast.

Y/N grabbed a plank from the life line and held it up to the hole, using any sort of nails, tape and glue to put the plank over the hole, repeating the process until the hole was completely covered.

"CAPTAIN THE LAST WAVE HERE IT COMES!" Yelled Delbert 

"Hold on to your life lines everyone! It's going to be a bumpy ride" captain Amelia yelled.

Y/N was praying that what she was doing was enough to at least hold the ship for a little longer.

However the last blast was quickly approaching and Y/N knew she had to shield herself.
She crawled through the hole, squeezing herself through what she was unable to cover up.

She pulled through the last plank she had, covering the hole form the inside just in time to get the last blast.

She could still feel the force from the last wave, the planks she had put on rattling with it.

As the ship started to ride the last wave, most people on board fell towards the other side of the ship, silver held on tighter to Jim.

After a few seconds the rattling had stopped. But  Y/N didn't drop the plank until she heard the muffled cheers from everyone on board.

Jim ran to the side of the ship in which Y/N jumped first.
He looked over to see no one. His heart plummeted.
"Y/N?"

Silver came to his side. Looking over as well.
Everyone was silent.

Until Y/Ns head was visible from peeking out the hole. Jim sighed in relief as silver spotted the lifeline over the edge and Began to pull it up.

Y/N squeezed herself out of the hole. She climbed up alongside the ship as silver helped pull up the rope.

Y/Ns face had lost all colour as she was out of breath and a bit limp from the experience.
When she was closer to the edge Jim dived half his body down to scoop her up and pull her over.

"We're gonna have to dock somewhere to properly repair it" Y/N panted lightly as she turned to Silver."I just did anything"

Silver didn't say anything but nodded and quickly pulled her into a hug, Y/N grinned into it as she panted, resting her hand above Silvers.
Jim stood to the side.

"You gave us all a fright" Silver breathed out before pulling away, chucking softly.

Y/N finally turned to Jim. They locked eyes for a few moments before Y/N just swooned and passed out. Jim quickly caught her.

He grunted as he caught Y/N, her front falling into his chest.
He looked up at Amelia, alarmed.

"Most likely from the Jump" Amelia answered, Jim nodded in understanding.
"Give it thirty seconds, and she'll be right"

Like she said, It didn't take long for Y/N to open her eyes again. Her eyes fluttered open and she pulled herself out of Jim's slight hold.
"You good?"

"I'm good" she nodded as she spoke, Jim nodding slowly as he studied her.

"Great" he hummed, encouragingly slapping the side of her shoulder as they walked away with the rest of the crew.

——————

"Oh tish tosh, actually Doctor you astronomical advice was most helpful" Captain Amelia spoke to Delbert.

"Well- uh, thank you, thank you very much well I have a lot of help to offer anatomically— amanamonically— as-astronomically" Delbert stuttered Before slapping himself.

Y/N smirked at Delbert and muttered towards Jim
"Someones got a crush!" She sang.

Jim froze, seeming to break out of a deep thought.
"Wait what?!" Jim whisper yelled his face beginning to fluster.
"It's not- I don't think? What are you talking about?"

"Jim it's so obvious" She laughed and nudged him, nodding her head towards Delbert which Jim didn't seem to notice.

"I didn't think you'd be so straightforward with it" he bashfully rubbed his neck, looking towards the ground before looking back up at her.

He couldn't stop replaying Silver's and his conversation from earlier, and the way that he acted with Y/N just before.. he was confused.

"Can we walk about this later? I don't want this to mess us up or anything" he managed to say turning to Y/N.

"Why would their relationship effect us? Are you secretly in love with him or something" Y/N teased, grinning confusedly towards Jim. "Or her."

"What?"

"What what?"

"What are you talking about?" Jim asked, arching his eyebrow.

"What?" Y/N scrunched her face with confusion. "Delberts obvious crush on the captain" she replied in a 'duh' tone.

"Oh... oh"

"Did you really ask if it would ruin anything between us if Delbert go on with the Captain?" Y/N began to chuckle. "I'd hope not"

"Yeah well, you never know"" Jim shrugged as he rubbed his neck sheepishly, then offered her a grin in which she laughed back.

She nudged his arm with a shake of her head.
He grinned in return.

"Well I must uh, congratulate you Mr Silver it seems to be that your cabin boy did a bang up job with those life lines" she congratulated as she walked down some stairs. Jim smiled happily which made my heart melt for him.
"And your cabin girl did great work when it came to the side of the ship"

The three of them playfully bugged each other as the captain continued to speak.
"All hands accounted for Mr Arrow" Captain Amelia announced, but Mr Arrow never came.

Everyone's head turned in concern.
"Mr Arrow?"

Suddenly scroop walked up towards the Captain.

"I'm afraid mr Arrow had been lost" he said in his raspy voice and hung his head as he gave the Captain Mr Arrows hat.

Y/Ns jaw dropped as did everyone else's.
"His life line was not secure" continued Scroop.

Everyone turned to Jim who immediately broke out in protest.
"No I checked them all!" Jim ran towards the life lines.

As Jim pushed through two crew members there was indeed one rope missing.
"I, I did I checked them all" he said whispered to himself confusedly.
"They were secure" he looked towards the Captain
"I swear!"

"Captain, Jim's right. I jumped off the ledge and didn't fall." Y/N spoke up towards Amelia as she gestured out from the ship. "-because of Jim. How did scroop know where to find his hat anyway?"

Y/N turned to Scroop accusingly, everyone followed her gaze to listen to Scroops side.

"I and Mr Arrow were releasing the same sail" Scroop hissed, eyeing Y/N with annoyance. "I watched em' fall with my own eyes"

"Listen here girl, if yer say'n that Scroop cut his rope why wouldn't the other half be attached to the pilar, The whole line is Gone!" Growled one of the crew members, his voice was croaky, he sounded as if he needed to cough.

"It doesn't take much to fool you does it?" Y/N gritted angrily. She then walked closer to Amelia to talk to her a bit more privately.
"Captain, I don't think it's very fair to just dump this on Jim, I mean-"

Silver then placed a hand in her shoulder and pulled her back, making Y/N look up at him baffled.

"Leave it for now lass, she's sore" Silver whispered making Y/N nod sadly with an understandable sigh.

Amelia turned away from Y/N sadly to look back over the crew.
"Mr Arrow was a-" she cleared her throat "-fine spacer, finer that most of us could ever hope to be" everyone (well most people) looked down sadly at her little speech.
"But he knew the risks, as do we all. resume your posts we carry on" she walked away silently.

Y/N turned to Jim sadly, he looked back before running off.
"This doesn't feel right. I want to talk to the Captain about it more"

"Lassie, Captain just lost her friend, Nows not the best time"

"I know"

Silver tapped her shoulder sadly before walking off.

Her brother was a spacer and he died. Did he know the risks? And If he did, did he actually understand  them?

Because if this was what it meant to be a spacer, she wasn't sure if she still wanted that for herself and Jim.

She loved the idea of her life being filled with adventure but not with the cost of possibly losing someone else.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35K 605 14
Go on romantic adventures with the great Jim Hawkins! Trust me, he won't disappoint you. :)
2.8K 107 25
Being experimented on and then dumped off of some abandoned planet, the 5 years old little boy wouldn't have survived if he wasn't found by a certain...
15K 714 22
[Name] is a person of many talents. They vary from cooking to his skill with a gun. Early on in his life he left his home planet and put his...
34.1K 850 12
Working as a cabin girl on the RLS Legacy with her friend and mentor John Silver, (Y/N) wants nothing more than to reach Treasure Planet. That is, un...