Knock Knock [ SIN AU ]

By xNyxxxxxxxxx

Pregnant omega Seokjin knocks on his neighbour's door. --- ABO MPreg Sliiiiiiiightly mature More

Prologue
The Words Around
Greetings
Bumping Into Bumps
How To Lure A Pregnant Omega
Held Back Thoughts Can Be Embarrassing
Fuck You Hormones
The Heart's Warm And Honeyed Passion
A Helping Hand Would Be Nice
Shop For Information, With Permission Of Course...
Fate Is Sometimes A Piece Of Shit
The New Comer Who Is Just A Friend
Trust Your Instincts
Confectionary Project
Came To Get Some But...
Worries And Trust Problems
Behind The Scenes
Let's Confirm Now, Shall We?
The Return Of The Alpha
Is You Into That? [Into that, Is You Into That? Uh-Huh]
Some Promises Are Meant To Be Cherished
First Meetings And Resolutions
Bad Timings And Just Too Many Things To Take Care Of
Cramping And Crumbling
Presenting Your Fated Mate! Enter Stage Left
Just Say It Goddamit
The Night Before
A Declaration of...
Planning Plans
Inconvenient Approaches
Confidence Booster
Fate Or Coincidence?
The Break
Post Phase
Ooh You Naughty Wackus Bonkus ⚠
Switch
Behind His Back
Late Night Croffles
The Group's Welcome Back Greetings
Revelations To Be Celebrated
Seoul Drift
A Big Gulp Of The Scent Of Earth
Well, Would You Look At That... Finally!
Epilogue
A/N
First Chocolate Tasting
Good News?
The First Step
Good Little Alpha, Hm?
Rub Rub Rub
You Have Me, You Have Us, You're Not Alone
Don't Worry, We'll Feed You
Dynamics And Arrangements
Ohana
Fight or Flight
Fight For His Hand... Not Literally But Literally
Will You Open The Door For Us?

Projection

1.9K 111 186
By xNyxxxxxxxxx

• • • ▫ ▢ ▫ • • •

He felt as if his mind was split open, operated, and sewn back on with the way it pounded against his skull.

He was not so sure if it was morning or afternoon, or evening, as the room was bright. The curtains were fluttering against the wind maybe, he noticed from the corner of his eye. There was a cool breeze wafting into the room, cooling down his aching head, relaxing him just a bit.

He also noticed that he was in his nest, and it was not the usual one that was in the closet. He built it on his bed. He looked around confused, until he registered Jimin's floral scent. It's not unusual. What is unusual is that it was strong, and that it was coming from clothes that looked almost like some work attire.

Jimin's here...?

He sat up, but immediately laid back down after being hit by a wave of headache. And nausea.

Fuck.

He pulled himself to the edge, not caring about the mess of the nest he was making, when he noticed a bucket on the side. Without thinking, he hiked it up, and let everything out.

He heaved and gasped through his raw throat. Everything burnt.

But the beta's scent was there. Just by his hand and he quickly grabbed to tuck it under his chest as he emptied out his stomach more.

What... the fuck...?

It had been a while since the vomiting had stopped. Not like it will be gone forever during the pregnancy, but it should have slowed down. He was kind of used to the feeling, but this seemed... heavy. Forced.

And a bit relieving.

As if he purged all the bad feelings away.

There was also a bottle of water on the nightstand. He took it, swished the water, gargled a bit before spitting it back out into the bucket.

And then his mind registered a few more things.

There was another smell. But it smelled of cooking. And if he focussed enough, there was the sound of something frying as well.

It must be Jimin. He must be cooking something.

That was fine, he supposes, as he got up. But what actually happened?

And when did Jimin get here?

He stepped out of his room, greeted by the amazing smell of fried hotteok. He padded quietly into the kitchen area, peeking into the lit space to see Jimin looking at something on his open laptop.

When the younger turned, presumably to check on the food, he noticed the elder lurking in the shadows like a ghost, and jumped with a yelp.

"Aish- hyung!" he rubs his chest, though with a relieved smile on. "Don't hide like that. C'mere."

"Hey Jimin-ah..."

Jin looked around, everything seemed normal. And there were... stuff, on the dining table.

"I'm making us breakfast. How about you go and freshen up, hm?"

"...Lazy..."

"Now, now," Jimin hurriedly flips the pancake, before nudging the elder towards the hallway again. "Just be quick. Food will be done then."

Jin just pouted and grumbled like a baby as he let the beta push him.

---

---

"It's... 10."

"Hm?" the younger stuffed his face with the hotteok before looking at the elder. When he noticed the omega was not looking at him, but behind him, he turned to look, and saw the clock.

"Ah yes. It is 10. Why?"

Jin looked back at him with a blank look. "Work."

Jimin looked back, cleared his throat and shrugged. "We're off duty today. Well, for me at least. You'll stay here, and Mr Hwa will email you some work."

Jin blinked. "Why?"

Jimin blinked back. "Because of... do you... really not remember what happened yesterday?"

"I... um..."

Jin was looking anywhere but him, and Jimin felt his face scrunch in sadness.

"Well... I suppose that you don't usually remember much when you're in headspace."

"What?!"

The omega's sudden burst made Jimin jump again, but he quickly tampered the souring scent with his own floral one.

"Hear me out hyung-"

"I- I was in headspace?! Oh no- have I done anything? I-"

"Hyung calm down- c'mon-"

Jimin was next to him in an instant, pulling the other into his neck.

It took a while for Jin to calm down, and without realising, Jimin had guided him to the sofa, which is more comfortable for them to relax against. Jin sighed shakily, burying his nose deeper, unconsciously scenting the younger. Jimin let him, he always does anyway. For his omega hyung. He lets himself get scented, biting his lip at the slight ticklish feeling, while one of his hands busied rubbing his back.

"Just stay still, and I'll fill in what happened yesterday, okay?"

A nod. Good enough.

"I don't know what you did in the morning, but I think you never even left the apartment until I came. Some neighbours left some things for you, I got them in," he gestured at the counter, "then I got some food made for you. You woke up, I got you showered, fed you, and we got back into the nest. That's all that happened yesterday."

Not really.

Jin huffed, moving a bit and Jimin let him sit up.

"I see..."

"I've already talked to our boss, and he agreed to give the day off for the both of us. I also called the doctor about this, and he said to bring you in for a check-up just in case."

"Today?"

He shrugged. "Only if you want."

Jin looked down to his belly, rubbing it. "Afternoon."

Jimin nodded. "I'll inform him then."

Then he looked away, face scrunched in worry. "The doctor also said that- that this happened because- well, something must have stressed you out, enough for you to go all protective."

That got Jin to freeze, and Jimin did not need a strong nose to understand his feelings. The tensed body told him that what he said might have struck a nerve.

"Hyung," he says, all gentle as he reached a tentative hand over to Jin's, tangling their fingers. "Tell me. Do I have to kill someone?"

"Wh-Wha-"

"I took self-defence classes, remember? I also have watched enough crime shows. Who is it? Is it the alpha next door? Is it that douche from that meeting? Name him. I'll end him right now-"

That got Jin to crack a smile and snicker. "Jimin no...! Trust me, neither of them. If you think I can't handle some dude from work, you're wrong."

"Then... then what got you into your headspace?"

The omega's mind ran, and without realising when he started, he ended up spilling everything he remembered about that day on the bus. About the crowd. About the alpha. About how the alpha was onto him. And about Mr Ha.

Jimin went through many emotions at once, including an amused yet thankful feeling for Mr Ha. But it ended on a resolution.

Jimin is a pacifist. Well, was.

He was always preaching about communicating and understanding and tolerating – all the good things. Well, not anymore.

He was ready to kill now.

"I'm ready to kill now."

"Jimin-ah, chill. Killing is not always the answer."

"Tsk..." he sighed, slumping back into the sofa, "you're right."

Jin hummed, patting his thigh.

"Killing is not the answer. It is a question-"

"What-"

"And my answer is yES!-"

"Jimin no-"

"Jimin yes-"

"I'm hungry."

Jimin paused.

He gestured a thumb over his shoulder. "The hotteok..."

"Help me get up. I wanna eat. 'S actually pretty good."

"I know," he says, smug with his nose held high, "I'm a great cook!"

"Mhm... I'm sure you are. After burning a few pieces maybe."

"Wh- How could you possibly know that?!"

Jin looked at him, slightly shocked. "You burnt some?"

"You- oh my god- here- sit, and eat."

"You actually burnt some? I was kidding-"

"Stop laughing! And yes I did so just eat!"

---

---

Jin got to the Tupperware first.

He bit his lip, opening the letter to a cute little note from the Kang siblings.

Greetings my our fellow omega neighbour!!!

The other day we sensed distress from you. It was so strong it didn't feel right, you know? So we made these cupcakes muffins so you could enjoy them and feel better.

Chocolate chip. Hope you're okay with that. Chocolate boosts serotonin, according to some Wikipedia article, and serotonin will make you happy!

Do let me us know if there is anything we could help you with!!

Regards,

Euigeon & Seulgi

P.S. Sorry about the little mistakes my brother is a douche for not including me

P.P.S Soryy my noona is very jealous that I'm the one who baked the cupcakes muffins

P.P.P.S Says the guy who can't even spell 'sorry'... and he also burnt the first batch while I handled the second, which currently, you have

P.P.P.P.S Says the lady who doesn't even know how to work a mixer and sent flour flying everywhere

P.P.P.P.P.S No shit it was your mixer only you know how to work this. Point is, we both suck at baking so we really hope you would like it. It seemed delicious for us, but since you're pregnant, it may taste different for you. Do send it back if it wasn't good.

Jin sniffled with squeaky laughter as he read the heartfelt note from the two. He cradled it to his chest for a bit, just to savour their kindness, before getting to the container.

He opened. And blankly stared at the cup- muffins.

Jimin laughed.

Well...

It was... presentable.

The muffins were all mushed together into the container, as if the siblings played Tetris while arranging them. The top of the muffins were mostly, if not fully brown and a bit soggy, covered in melted chocolate chips. He assumed there were some mixed into the batter, but maybe they thought that was not enough, and added more on top. Maybe that's why the first batch burnt.

He pulled one out, ignoring Jimin's own squeaky laughter as he fell off the sofa, before peeling the paper off. He sniffed, and okay he could smell the overwhelming sweetness of the chocolate, which was... okay...

And then he took a careful bite out of it.

... Too much chocolate. Too sweet. He could feel the cavities forming.

But it was good. It was nice.

"It's really nice of them. They're actually okay, if you have that kind of tolerance for sweet things."

Jimin wiped a tear away. "I guess. It is nice of them."

"Take one."

Jimin took one, and cringed at the taste, but ate it nonetheless. He closed the container, putting it back on the coffee table while Jin took the basket. The note was there, just like how Jimin left it, and the younger watched the elder carefully as he scanned the very simple note.

Jin could easily pick up on Yoongi's scent, and it somewhat... got his shoulders to drop.

It was not obvious, but Jimin could tell that the elder's body language seemed more... at ease. He was calming down to this alpha's scent.

His brows furrowed, and shuffled a bit in his place.

It got the omega's attention, and the beta just gestured the basket with his chin, getting the omega to look through.

Jin placed the note to the side carefully, before looking through the contents.

"Is that... from the alpha next door?"

"Um- yea... Min Yoongi."

"Hm... you guys seem... close enough, to the point he gave you a care package."

Jin froze.

"I... suppose? We invite each other over for dinner from time to time. He's a really good cook! You should try it!"

He goes back to looking through the basket, and the first item he pulls out is a glass jar. The contents were pale pastel in colour, and Jin read the label.

"Yogurt drops, mixed flavour. Damn... I've always wanted to try these..."

There were also oatmeal cookies, a small bottle of juice, and- oh!

Jimin watches with an eyebrow quirked.

"A... blanket?"

Jin nodded. "A blanket."

The elder's eyes hazed a bit, and he brought the blanket close to him, burying his nose in its softness. It felt so fluffy and soft, really gentle against his skin, and the fading scent-

He relaxed even further, not even aware of the look Jimin was giving him.

---

---

"So... like... you're not gonna say anything?"

"To what?"

Jimin glanced over. Jin just looked out of the window, innocent.

"About the alpha."

That got him to turn.

"What about the alpha? You mean Yoongi or...?"

"Yea. What's up with him?"

Jin looked at him confused. He looked cute with a pout. "Nothing...?"

The beta raised a brow, not buying it. "Nothing? Really?"

"Yes. Why?"

"Well- you mentioned you guys have dinners. How long now?"

"Um..." the elder mentally counted, "since last month... ish? We don't have it so frequently, but sometimes whatever he cooks- it- I get these really strong cravings. And I will end up eating with him."

"At his place?"

"We take turns."

"And that's i-"

"Jimin," he was really confused now, body angling at the younger, "What's up with you? Why're you asking?"

"Why am I- hyung! You're literally pregnant. This shit just happened to you- that alpha on the bus? And it caused you so much pain!" the beta gestured.

"And?" - what was Jimin trying to say? - "Are you suggesting that Yoongi... that he might be like that?"

"Have you not seen a lot of these alphas nowadays?"

"Jimin... yes my ex was shit but that doesn't mean he- it has been long enough, and he never did anything to me."

Jimin looked frustrated. Though his face seemed calm, Jin could easily tell he was trying to keep a straight face.

"Maybe he's waiting for the right time! I dunno? He's trying to earn your trust- and then what?"

The elder felt himself stutter. "J-Jiminie... trust me okay? He would never-"

"I wouldn't count on it."

"You hate my guts now?"

The lights turned red. 

"No- just-"

Jimin stopped the car.

"Not everyone can stay nice, you know? Especially alphas. They don't care if- They'll easily snap and-"

"Jimin where... is this coming from?"

Jimin bristles, his knuckles turning white at the way he gripped the steering wheel. "I..."

"What-"

"Sewoo."

"Sewoo? Isn't he like- your ex from your uni years? What's he got to..."

And he thought about it. In a flash, he remembered about the guy, Oh Sewoo. He shared some classes with the younger, worked together on some projects, and got close. When the new semester arrived, he didn't want to miss seeing Jimin, and asked him out on a date. 

And suddenly, they were not.

He did not realise when, but Jimin, apparently, crafted some sensible lie and told Jin that Sewoo and he did not really work well together and decided to stay as friends. It was confusing to Jin, especially when he met Sewoo and noticed the way he cherished Jimin like a gentle little flower. He thought Sewoo was an amazing influence on Jimin, seeing that the younger seemed to always dismiss his own looks, and Sewoo loved complimenting him. It had always confused him, and sometimes up to this day, up till now.

The light turned green.

It hit him like a truck.

"Oh... oh Jimin..."

The beta waved a hand, continuing the drive. "Forget about it."

"Jimin stop. Stop the car."

"Hyung-"

"I said stop. Park it to the side."

The elder seemed mad, frustrated. Jimin did as he was told, and stopped the car in a parking space on the side of the road.

Jin turned to look at the younger, eyes wide with worry, lips pressed tight into a thin line.

The beta felt exposed. Too exposed. He looked away from the burning gaze.

"Why... Did he-"

"I told you, I know self-defence, and I know how to kill. I didn't let him get that far."

Sigh.

The younger slumped, hands wringing each other as he tried to control himself, control his scent.

"He did scare me, which got me running."

And then he felt it. The burning of his eyes as they turned misty, and the way all these worries built up so quickly inside his chest, making it ache.

"I knew him- dated him. For almost a year. And if it was his rut, I would've somewhat forgiven him. But..."

Jimin looked so small, so tired, he quickly gathered the younger into his arms, letting him near his scent gland. "Why did you not say anything?"

"How could I?" he snivelled thickly, "You were busy with your work, and your boyfriend, and now your baby- I just-"

"Oh, Jimin... still- you should've said something..."

All he got was muffled sniffles and a shake of his head. Jin sighed again, feeling his heart crack at the sad scent of the young beta. The baby, as if sensing the distress, kicked, and coincidentally, Jimin's arm was pressed on the side. The sudden kick made him jerk, and he looked down in awe.

"He... he kicked!"

"Yea... he sensed your distress."

That got Jimin to smile wetly. He reached over for some tissues to wipe his tears, looking over at the belly. "You don't like seeing your uncle sad, huh? Aww..."

"Let's go home."

"What-" he cleared his throat, "Hyung- your che-"

"I can do that tomorrow. Right now, I just wanna nest with you and scent you. You're like a little brother to me, how do you expect me to just be okay with it and go for some check-up?"

Little brother...

The other smiled with a huff, cheeks bunching up. His face looked a bit swollen from all the crying, Jin just wants to coddle him up. It must be his maternal instincts acting up again.

"Hyung that was long ago. Please, let's go to that check-up, and I promise we can do whatever you want."

Jimin sounded firm. Jin squinted at him as he rubbed his tummy.

"... Whatever I want...?"

"... Within reason."

"...Fine."

---

---

"We still need to talk about that alpha neighbour of yours. What- Min Yoongi?"

"Yea."

"For some reason... his name feels familiar..." Jimin shrugged, tossing the clothes to the floor. "Whatever. We need to talk about him."

"We don't," Jin retaliates, throwing a few pieces of clothing into a pile.

"Yes, we do. Hyung. He sent you a care package," he tossed a blue sweater at the elder, who effortlessly caught it to dump it into a pile. "D'you know what that means?"

"... It means he... c-cares for me in a way? And sent me a care package to comfort me?"

He shook his head in exaggerated sadness, as if to pity the other. "Oh hyung..."

"What? The way you sighed makes me feel stupid."

"You're not. Just-"

The beta huffed, sitting back on the bed. Jin followed, slowly.

"It's the contents."

Jin blinked at him.

"...The food?"

"No- no not the food."

"Then what?"

This hyung- really?

"When was the last time you visited your hometown?"

"I was born in the city- I'm a city boy."

"Your grandparents?"

"Never got to after what happened."

"Right- yes. Sorry about that. But still-"

"Just tell."

"It's not the food." Jimin sighed, looked at the elder exasperatedly. "It's the blanket."

Jin blinked again.

"... What's up with the blanket?"

"Oh-" the beta groaned, falling back into the bed as he grumbled and tossed around childishly, before sitting up.

Jin looked amused, watching the way the younger's hair stick up and fall back down slowly. Even his face was funny. He tried not to laugh though, it was a serious situation. Serious indeed.

"Hyung. Blanket." He nodded, as if to signal Jin about the meaning.

Jin dumbly nodded back, mirroring the younger. "Yes blanket."

They kept nodding, and Jimin was really trying to telepathically send him the message, the whole point of this discussion. But he quickly got fed up.

"Aish hyung!"

"What?!"

"Blanket is- it's a courting gift!"

---

---

"A COURTING GIFT?!"

"Hyung- just listen-"

"YOU MADE ME BUY HIM- A COURTING GIFT?!"

"I mean- listen-"

"NO YOU LISTEN TO ME KIM NAMJOON! WHAT IN THE ACTUAL GODDAMN FUCK WERE YOU THINKING?!"

"Courting gift?"

"Joon-hyung's just-"

"IQ 148 THEY SAID!"

"Heeyy..."

"A SMARTASS, THEY SAID!"

"Hyungie..."

"Psst... what's the courting gift?"

"I TOLD YOU! I SPECIFICALLY SAID NOT TO-"

"I-"

"AND WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

"...Made you buy a courting gift."

"MADE ME- MADE ME BUY HIM AND GIFT HIM A COURTING GIFT. WHAT-UGH!!!"

"Yoon-hyung listen I did it too-"

"WHAT ABOUT THE YOGURT DROPS? AND THE COOKIES?"

"...Just fillers... Nothing more-"

"GOOD. THAT'S GOOD."

"You think he would like the blanket?"

"I mean... it is good quality. You chose a great colour hyung."

"Yea. Joonie-bug showed me an article about how colours affect moods. I'm sure he would love the blanket. I remembered giving him one when I decided to court him."

"Ugh you two disgust me."

"Shut up hyung they're cute~"

"Oh so the courting gift was the blanket? The one you showed us?"

"Kim Namjoon you showed them the pictures?"

"No I did not-"

• • • ▫ ▢ ▫ • • •

So far so good...

My plan has been going along just fine...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 6.3K 39
Namjoon, Jin, Jungkook, Hoseok, Taehyung, and Yoongi all have one thing in common: They're in love with Park Jimin, the pretty pregnant omega next do...
269K 7.7K 17
❝Jungkook... I'm pregnant❞ The journey of Jimins pregnancy. (a jikook [pjm × jjk] short mpreg story)
223K 15.7K 67
In which story kim taehyung, korea top ceo make pregnant his sassy yet innocent secretary jeon jungkook.. Top-taehyung Bottom-kook No cheating Rom...
405K 21.6K 67
When Kim Taehyung, a young Omega, run away from his pack to live in Seoul, he didn't expect to get knocked up during a one night stand and get pregna...