Prophecy of Slytherclaw

By beanie_lauren

Looking at the girl during that class, indeed she had pretty eyes. Bright Slytherin green eyes. Too bad the g... More

NOTE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE

FIVE

282 31 2
By beanie_lauren

* * *

She went from zero to a hundred in just a blink of an eye. It was like a switch was flipped or something. One moment, she was okay being alone and now . . .

Camila feels antsy.

Never before in her life she felt so restless. She has always been perfectly okay being around nature by herself, breathing in the silence, basking in the quiet peace. And now, it's just not the same anymore.

In the back of her head she could hear that soft giggle, see those sparkling emerald eyes. She could almost breathe the scent of fresh lavender, but instead of relaxing to its fragrance, she felt so fitful. Instead of butterflies roaming in her stomach, she can feel gas. Heavy, swirling and just sitting there like some sort of constipation adding to the weight of her antsy feeling.

She has been sitting under the tree by the lake, reading. More like trying to read. Because try as she may, she cannot concentrate on what the words were telling her, what those lines mean. Her eyes may be looking at these letters, recognizing the words, but her mind is floating elsewhere.

Somewhere with a girl whose bright eyes outshine all the stars above.

It's probably becoming unhealthy of her to feel this way. But then, she had no idea for sure if it is because she never felt anything like this before to compare it with.

She is just so . . . Captivated.

Lauren is at her quidditch practice at the moment and Camila misses her horribly as if they haven't spent the major part of the day sharing candies and notes in their arithmancy class, dissecting an acne-looking toad for a potion, snuck a couple of books from the restricted section of the library and practiced a little bit of dueling in the astronomy tower.

She misses her as if it has been a century since they last saw each other and not an hour ago.

Yep. She got it bad alright.

"Hey! Canola Cable Cord!"

Ah, great . . .

She doesn't react, but on her peripheral view, she could see some flowing scarves of red and silver stripes. And that voice. She would never mistake that voice for anything, because for several years, her ears had been filled with that nasally irritating voice complete with that faux French accent, spouting insults as lame as the person herself.

Erica Sinclair.

A Gryffindor resident who is just as bad as her housemate, Lucy Vives. The girl struts along followed by some of her friends, including Vives as well.

"What have we got here!" She snatches her book then snickers at her, "A stupid book called Mooncakes? Are you trying to be a chef now, huh?"

Her friends laugh along with her.

"Guess the dirty kitchen is where you belong afterall, with all the filthy servant elves,"

Camila keeps a straight face, not reacting at all, even though she wants to pummel the girl's face into the ground.

The fifth year Gryffindor girl flips the pages of her book and makes a disgusted look.

"What in Merlin's beard is this abomination??! Silly pictures and ugh . . . You have a terrible taste in books Canola Cable Cord,"

Camila snatches her book back, not dignifying the girl with any verbal response.

"Oooh . . ." The other students choruses around her. Lucy only raises one perfect eyebrow at her.

Erica looked perplexed at her display of silent defiance. She suddenly pushes her. Harshly and full of disdain. Camila was caught off guard by that sudden motion, falls on the ground with a crack. She didn't expect the girl would get physical, she was usually just words and not actions.

The other students only cheered Erica on.

"Teach her some manners, Sinclair. She can't seem to get in her head how much punishment she deserves for being the spawn of a murderer," Lucy incites.

Erica whips out her wand and was about to throw some hex to inflict more damage, to show some 'punishment' that she 'deserves'.

"Expelliarmus!"

Erica's wand flies off and Lauren catches it just as she jumps off of her broom.

The other students crowding Camila were surprised to see Lauren there. More like surprised to see her stand up against a well-favored Gryffindor. To see her defend a Slytherin girl whom everybody knows as the child of a serial murderer.

"Give it back, guidoune!" Erica demands.

"Only if you stop bothering Camila!" Lauren replies, ignoring the unfamiliar word the girl just called her. She carefully helps Camila get up from the ground instead.

"Camz, you're hurt,"

Camila tries to hide it but the pain on her shoulder is something she haven't felt before. Sure, she has dealt with a number of injuries before, got through it all, but this one seems to be the worst.

"I'm fine, Lo,"

"No, you're not. I heard that crack and that doesn't sound good at all," Lauren turns to Erica and scowls at her, "I'll return your wand after you apologize,"

"I am not apologizing to that garbage!" Erica scoffs.

"Well then, I will report your behavior to the headmistress,"

The Gryffindor girl only chortles very unattractively, "She's not gonna believe you, guidoune! It's your word against ours, right guys,"

Her friends agree with her with smug confidence. Lucy only narrows her eyes on Lauren. Quietly eyeing her with keen interest.

"Exactly,"

Lauren straightens up, stormy dark green eyes bore into Erica's ice cold blue ones. There was something ominous and foreboding in her tone. It was more than just threatening. Camila may not be seeing the girl's face right now but she can sense it.

Lucy and the others can sense it too. And unlike Camila, they can see the abrupt darkened shade in Lauren's eyes.

"Your word against mine, Sinclair,"

The girl then picks up her broom that she dropped a few feet away. She goes to help Camila walk out of there, leaving Erica and her friends thinking what could Lauren possibly mean by that.

Or what is it about her that just feels . . . Dark.

Besides all the other professors favor Erica, Lucy and their wealthy gang. Erica is smart, strikingly attractive and very charming especially when she chooses to be. Surely the headmistress won't take the side of this nobody from nowhere defending the child of the dark witch who rampaged the wizarding world with countless murders . . .

* * *

She sat on the bed, a sling secures her injured right shoulder and upper arm. The infirmary was eerily quiet as she was the only patient at that time. Lauren suggested that they seek the help of the school's matron instead of dabbling into their limited knowledge of magical healing. The Ravenclaw girl insists that she doesn't want to risk any mistake when it comes to Camila's well-being.

Camila can only purse her lips in the uncontrollable blush in her cheeks and warm fluttery feeling in her chest at Lauren's thoughtfulness . . .

Now, she is watching Lauren very closely as she spoke with the headmistress just outside the door. She couldn't make out the words spoken in hushed tones, but she can see the satisfied look on the girl's face.

The headmistress then turns and walked towards her.

In her years here in Hogwarts, she never really had an in depth encounter with the school's head the way Lauren had just moments ago. Granted that Professor Hamilton had only been appointed headmistress by the ministry only last year. But as far as she knows, the professor's interaction with the students are quite seldom. It makes her wonder why and how Lauren managed to get headmistress Hamilton's attention.

"Hello miss Cabello. How are you feeling?"

"Just a little sore, professor,"

Headmistress Hamilton studies her intently. She couldn't read the older woman's face, her eyes were as dark as an onyx and it shows nothing but deep mystery.

"I have been told of what happened earlier today and I'd like to tell you that disciplinary actions has been taken towards miss Sinclair. Tell me, miss Cabello, why didn't you report any of this before? I have only been told now that this has been going on for a while,"

Camila looks at Lauren. The girl only smiles at her sheepishly.

"I didn't see the point professor. The first few times I tried to tell my side of story, nobody believed me. So I thought, why bother,"

"Not even professor Hansen?"

Professor Dinah Jane Hansen is the only teacher in the entire school that she genuinely likes. She was really good at her job and very encouraging to her students. But even then, Camila never goes to her for anything with regards to personal issues. The professor herself is generally detached when it comes to dealing with petty student mischiefs.

"I don't really bother anyone with things that I can handle,"

The headmistress eyes her intently, like she was inspecting every crevice of her mind by simply staring her dead in the eyes.

"How frequent does the other students pick on you? Can you give me their names?"

"I don't want to get anyone into trouble professor. I'm okay now and I don't hold grudges against anyone,"

That last one was a fib of course, because she most certainly hold grudges. Only until she threw in a hex or two to those who hurt her.

Besides, it is kind of satisfying for her when she gives back what was given to her . . .

The headmistress kept eyeing her so closely. She has this unreadable expression that gives off an intimidating vibe but once she starts talking, there is a hint of fondness and sincerity in her tone.

"Alright, only if you are sure miss Cabello. Should anyone do you any wrongdoing again report it directly to me. I understand that you are a capable and intelligent witch, but then one brilliant witch alone can't carry the whole world by herself. And since you claim you are okay . . ."

The headmistress turns to the quiet Ravenclaw girl standing idle in that room.

"Miss Morgado, walk with me outside please,"

* * *

🙂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.5K 1.6K 3
Dinah is a werewolf. Normani is a vampire succubus. Ally is a fucking nightmare. And Camila? Camila is just the unfortunate baby born in the wrong pl...
92.3K 1.9K 38
Title says it all. Enjoy!
471K 6.8K 7
A collection of original Camren & Norminah one shots (plot-heavy STEAMY stories). **PLEASE DO NOT COPY/REPOST/REPRODUCE MY WORK. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED...
1.7M 54.9K 44
A small girl catches my attention one day during lunch and I can't seemed to get her off my mind. My new friends and others advise me to stay away fr...