Right Infront Of Your Eyes

By Peachsk

Everyone around Kayla has always thought she was the rebellious child. No one dared to open their eyes wide e... More

A/N- Introduction
Characters
Chapter 1- Imagine
Chapter 2- You see vandalism, I see art.
Chapter 3 - Your in my personal bubble
Chapter 4- Shooting Star
Chapter 5- Watch it
Chapter 6- Batteries
Chapter 7- New Girl
Chapter 8- Keep Your Mouth Closed
Chapter 9- One becomes four
Chapter 10- One sip turns into many
Chapter 11- Drunken mess
Chapter 12- Leverage
Chapter 13- Late night adventure
Chapter 14- Ditch
Chapter 15- You see me
Chapter 16- Two sides
Chapter 17- Carpooling
Chapter 18- Righting The Wrongs
Chapter 19- Coming over?
Chapter 20- Simular Lives
Chapter 21- Bathroom Problems
Chapter 22- Phone Calls
Chapter 23- Information
Chapter 24- Help
Chapter 25- Stuck up
Chapter 26- A Bump In The Road
Chapter 27- Getting it off my chest
Chapter 28- Thats What They All Say...
Chapter 29- Accused
Chapter 30- Worried
Chapter 31- Shopping
Chapter 32- Not forgotten
Chapter 33- Family Day Out
Chapter 34- Arguments
Chapter 35- Listening
Chapter 36- Mapping it out...
Chapter 37- Opening A New Door...
Chapter 39- Angry Beast
Chapter 40- Long and Lost
Chapter 41- Seeing The Lost
Epilogue

Chapter 38- Pulse

11.7K 395 195
By Peachsk

Lance POV

Taking a step back away from the now hung up painting. I couldn't help myself but remember how happy Stella was when she had finished this painting. Even if her back and wrist killed her.

I never understood Stellas obsession with stars. But when I had once asked she had replied its a sky full of dreams.

A first person view of the dark stary sky, surrounded by the tall forest trees. She had said it was something she had seen on her travels. The image constantly replaying in her dreams, she took it as a sign and painted it.

This painting had been stored away for too long, along with its memories. Maybe Kayla was right. These paintings really hold the comfort we never knew we needed.

****

Kaylas POV

I found myself smiling everytime I walked down the stairs to see Moms painting hung up in all its glory. The dark sky full with stars. I had even found myself exiting my room more then often just so I could see it again and again. And it's only but not even one day.

"Kayla are you ready to go?" Gavin stood over by the front door. Spinning his keys around his index finger.

"But it's still early?" I questioned.

"No its not, you just took your time." Harvey said as he walked out of the kitchen. Slinging his bag over his shoulder.

"I haven't even had any breakfast?" Looking between the both of them they shared a look.

"Don't worry, I got this." Ethan was next to come out of the kitchen. In his hand was a wrapped tissue.

Taking the wrapped tissue from Ethan there was two slices of toast hidden in it. I couldn't help myself but smile at his thoughtfulness.

"Now that we have that sorted let's get going." Gavin was quick to open the door as if he was in a rush. Harvey following behind.

"Hey! I said I was driving today!" Tara was next to join us. Waving her hands like a crazy person at Gavin as he rushed to leave the house.

"I'm not late am I?" I whisper to Ethan.

Ethan glances from the front door to me. "No your not."

I knew it.

"Gavin I'll tell Dad!" Tara rushed behind.

"Thanks for the toast by the way." I lightly smiled. Walking the same pace as Ethan as we go outside.

"I just wanted to make sure you had breakfast today." Ethan smiled.

"Gavin open the door!" Our attention was brought to a shouting Tara. Who pulled at the drivers car door. Clearly Gavin had locked himself in.

Harvey stood away just watching as it all played out. Joining him, it looked like we would he here for a while until someone etheir gives up or intervenes.

"Gavin I told you I was dropping them to school plus you could of had a lie in." Tara had given up on trying to open the car door. Her arms were now crossed over her chest.

"I have college plus if I gave you the car. I wouldn't get it back." Gavin had rolled down the window the tiniest bit so she could hear him.

"But you always have the car and since I'm finally back I should at least have it."

"I think we should walk." I suggested to the boys. They both looked to me and then back to Gavin and Tara. Shrugging they both agreed.

****

It was a quiet non eventful walk. Other then me eating my toast. A honk of a horn caught our attention as it drove at our pace.

The window rolled down to show a cheerful Tara. Waving us to hope in the back of the car. A sulking Gavin sat in the passenger.

"So how did you settle this?" Ethan asked, breaking the silence.

"Leverage." Tara shrugged.

"What was your leverage?" Ethan questioned again. You could say blackmail runs through our family.

"Dad." Tara smirked. To which Gavin rolled his eyes.

"Daddys girl." I mumbled to which everyone else seemed to find funny as they started to snicker.

"We are here." Tara said changing the subject.

I was quick to exit the car along with Harvey and Ethan. All of us going our separate ways.

I made my way straight to the bathroom. Opening my phone, I opened messages.

'Kayla I need you.' -Wyatt

Shit that was fifteen minutes ago.

'Where are you?' -Kayla

I nervously tapped the side of my phone. Moving into one of the cubicles. I used my foot to pulled down the toliet lid. Closing the door behind me. Taking a seat on the toliet, my phone dinged.

'At home.' -Wyatt

'I'll be there in ten.' -Kayla

Making my way out of the bathroom. I started to rush down the slightly crowded hallway, making a b-line for the exit.

"Hey where are you going?" India had caught me by the arm pulling me back.

"Can you cover for me?" I questioned with my best begging eyes. India raised her eyebrow.

"Say less. I'll work my magic." India streched out her fingers.

"Thank you India. Seriously. Also tell the others just so they know." I smiled.

"Will do captain." India saluted.

I started to rush off again.

"Go help your man!"

Glancing back in confusion. I just caught Indias goofy smile, she shrugged then disappeared back into the crowd.

Strange.

****

I found myself outside of Wyatts bedroom window. He lived in a small bungalow. His parents didn't come for much nor did they have much. They lived comfortably especially for their small family.

Wyatt was their "disappointment" if you would like to say that. He was suppose to be their prodigy to a new and better life.

But it's never too late to stop trying and I think that's what his parents also believe.

This window I stood outside was Wyatts escape route more particularly his way to sneak out. The lock has been broken for years. Pushing it up it was easy to climb in.

The house seem quiet, the sitting room also kitchen seemed eary and daunting. Many memories of us tucked on Wyatts old couch seem to come back to me. Many movie nights and sleepovers.

"Wyatt?!" I called out. Moving over to the small hallway.

"Wyatt! You here?!" I called out, my hand rested on the handle of Wyatts bedroom door. Opening it I peeked my head in.

Walking into his bedroom, I made my way to his ensuite.

"Oh shit! Wyatt!" His body was slumped over the toliet my voice shook. He looked lifeless. I crouched down reaching out a shaking hand to put on his neck. "Come on. Come on." I muttered.

Faint.

I pulled his slump body so it leaned back on my chest. I brought my hand to his cheeks tapping them as lightly but as aggressive as I could. "Wyatt come on wake up! Please don't make me!" My heart raised along with my thoughts.

Moving I laid him other floor making sure his head was completely to the side.

I moved my hands to his chest, I didn't know if I was doing this right but it is worth the try. I did thirty compressions on his chest. I pinched his nose and then placed my lips on his as I started to do CPR. It was by a long shot but I hoped it worked. Feeling his pulse again it started to grow fainter.

I could feel the tears grow in my eyes as I started to do the compressions again. Giving another two rescue breathes. It's like my own breathe got caught in my throat as Wyatts eyes shot open. Gasping for breathe. Coughing I've and over again until he turned his head to the side only for a little bit of sick to pour from the side of his mouth.

I couldnt help but let out a relief laugh, i found myself pulling Wyatt up and into my arms. My other hand running it through his sweaty hair. I could feel the tears run down my cheeks as I started to cry into his shoulder.

"You had me so fucking scared." I sobbed into his shoulder. I felt him hold onto me his chin resting on my shoulder. I didn't care if he was getting sick in it.

"I'm sorry." He sobbed. "I'm a fucking mess. I'm so fucking sorry, I shouldn't of asked you to come."

Pulling away but still holding onto Wyatts weak pale body. I looked him dead the eye. "Don't say your sorry. If I hadn't of came Wyatt you could of been fucking dead. From nearly choking on some sick."

Wyatt slowly nodded his head. His eyes supported big black bags. While his tan skin was sickly white. His brown hair stuck to his head from sweat.

"How long have you been like this?" I questioned. Running a hand through his hair.

"Since last night."

"What? And you didn't text me. I would of came and looked after you." I said. I searched his eyes but he was too busy staring at the ground.

"I didn't think I was going to be bad. I didn't want to put this on you." He sighed, glancing at me.

"Wyatt your going through withdrawal. I would of came." I had now placed my hand on his cheek bringing his full attention onto me. "I told you I would be here."

Wyatt rested his forehead on mine. "Thank you." He whispered.

****

Wyatt ended up throwing up again but it was only boil. I had helped him shower not in full nudity of course. I made sure I had everything by his bed that I needed including a bucket.

I had texted Dad that I wouldnt be coming home that I was having a girls sleepover with India.

Wyatt sat inbetween my legs. His back resting against my chest. My fingers soothingly ran up and down his arm.

I knew Wyatt was half asleep. He had been in and out of consciousness all day.

"Kayla." Wyatt slurred.

"Yes?" I hummed.

"I love you."

There we go Chapter 38...

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry for the long wait. I hope it was worth it.

What do you think of Lance's point of view of the hanging of the painting??

What do you think of the boys finally being nicer to Kayla??

Thoughts on Wyatt?? Did he actually mean it??

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment...

(Unedited)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

504K 9.4K 51
On April 1st a babygirl was born but she was switched with another babygirl. Her parents and brothers didn't notice the change and yet there was anot...
80.6K 1.1K 45
๐ˆ๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐๐š๐ฒ ๐›๐š๐œ๐ค ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐œ๐ก๐จ๐จ๐ฅ , ๐€๐š๐ฅ๐ข๐ฒ๐š๐ก ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ข๐ง ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐ญ๐ก ๐ ๐ซ๐š๐๐ž, ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก...
316K 9.5K 55
"Sister?! You can't be serious right?!" "That Bitch just punched me!" "How about killing her guys?" "If you touch her, you're dead." "Hurt them and I...
25.5K 512 4
After the success of Zero Requiem, the world is at peace. And just as expected, the whole world despises the Demon Emperor. But he has a last message...