speedy | bakugo katsuki x fem...

By alexspotatoes

She was the average teenager who had a suitable Quirk and desire to become a hero - which was pretty much the... More

introduction
1 | welcome to u.a.
2 | combat training
3 | co-op
4 | voting
5 | off to the rescue!
6 | beware the power of the dark side
7 | off to the rescue, this time for real
8 | rivalry
9 | stretches, punches and insecurity
10 | booing
11 | speed vs speed
12 | riled up
13 | perverts!
14 | wins and losses
15 | twitch
17 | lord explosion murder? it's no good
18 | bunny hero: miruko!
19 | even though he told her not to text . . .
20 | . . . she texted anyway
21 | pettiness
22 | you're so loud
23 | best jeanist, i choose you!
24 | examination
25 | fist-pump
26 | villains go shopping, too?
27 | school pool
28 | playing in the mud
29 | pajamas
30 | paris, rome, tokyo
31 | the stairs in front of the cabin
32 | knifework
33 | target, 'kacchan'
34 | slowster
35 | rescuers
36 | kamino ward
37 | late night talks
38 | room tour
39 | bakugo's room
40 | friends
41 | examinees
42 | comfort
43 | the sleepover
44 | barging
45 | kirishima the wise
46 | clueless
47 | overuse
48 | shie hassaikai
49 | quirk erasure bullets
50 | location sharing

16 | first and disappointed

4.6K 202 63
By alexspotatoes

hey besties, how was your week?

- - -

''And now, the second match of the semi-final! His Explosiveness, Bakugo Katsuki from the hero coruse! Versus - the speedster who seems to have no limit, L/n Y/n!''

That's where President Mic was wrong - she did have a limit. And she was reaching it.

She could feel all her toes twitching as she walked to the arena as she walked there as steadily as she could with all of her body parts twitching at a random. She desperately needed to relieze the energy she'd built up, but she couldn't. Calming down wasn't an option either, since she had to fight Bakugo now and if she wins, Todoroki too.

Closing her eyes, she took a breath. She knew Bakugo was most likely looking at her, probably with a smirk, already thinking he'd won. Of course, she couldn't see that he actually had a concerned - well, as concerned as Bakugo could muster - look on his face, wondering what the fuck was happening with her.

''Start!''

Y/n panicked, her eyes flying open. Bakugo had already launched at her, which meant she had no other choice but to use her Quirk so she can dodge. Bakugo immediately went after her, chasing her around, but she was faster.

I shouldn't use my Quirk this much, she thought as she stopped, letting Bakugo get closer. He threw an explosive first towards her, but she dodged by slightly jumping to the side. She rose her leg, kicking him in the stomach. He stumbled back but Quikly recovered, throwing another punch, which hit her side. It turned into a fist to fist fight which Y/n was loosing, considering Bakugo was better at it than her.

A punch landed on her cheek, causing her to stumble to the ground. Her twitching legs didn't help her situation, as she couldn't get up. Bakugo was nearing and she couldn't think of anything else.

I have to keep it in for one more run, she decided as she activated her Quirk, and ran towards the opposite direction of the arena. Unfortunately for Y/n, one run was one too much in that situation.

Her body moved on it's own as she jumped in the air, feeling the doors she'd tried to keep locked burst open. Closing her eyes, she tried to concentrate to create minimal damage, but it was too late. She'd lost control long ago.

A bright blue electric wave left her body, damaging each piece of technology it came across. Bakugo put his arms in front of his face in attempt to protect himself. He felt the wave go through him, thought it only felt like a tickle. He waited a few seconds then opened his eyes and removing his arms, observing the scene.

The whole stadium was silent, so silent that you could hear a pin drop. All the monitors were off and everyone seemed shocked. Y/n laid on the ground, her hair sprawled around her. Her eyes were closed and she seemed to be unconscious. Midnight approached her and checked the girl, then standing up and whipping her whip, yelling at the top of her lungs.

''L/N IS UNCONCIOUS! BAKUGO WINS!''

It took a second, but the crowd recovered from the shock and started clapping and cheering. Y/n was put on a strecher and taken away with Bakugo looking at her unconsious body until they disappeared out of the exit.

''What happend?'' Bakugo asked as he approached Midnight.

''I'm not sure either,'' Midnight admitted. ''We'll have to wait for her to wake up for answers.''

Bakugo nodded and slowly started retreating towards the exit, hands in his pockets. This was the second time he'd practically won by default and he wasn't sure he was liking it. Though right now he was more worried about what had happened with Y/n - not that he'd admit it.

''Ladies and Gentlemen, we'll take a break to fix the technical issues. We'll be back on air soon!''

- - -

She groaned at her aching muscles as she finally awoke, the light blinding her slightly. She looked around, trying to take in her surroundings and noticed that she was in Recovery Girl's tent.

''What the fuck . . . happened?'' Y/n asked herself, trying to remember her last moments of consciousness, which were blurry.

''You caused a power outrage then passed out.'' Y/n's head snapped to her left and there she saw Kirishima sitting on a chair, his head wrapped in white bandages.

''Oh. Right.''

''Are you alright?'' the red head asked, sporting a concerned look.

Y/n nodded. She tried to sit up, but winced in the process. Her whole body was aching, but it was bearable, she supposed.

''Is the tournament still ongoing?'' she asked as she stretched her arms slightly.

''No, it finished. Bakugo won,'' Kirishima explained.

''Oh. He must be happy, then?''

''He's far from it, actually.''

Y/n quriked an eyebrow in confusion. Wasn't that what he'd wanted? Why wouldn't he be happy about it? She'd asked Kirishima that and he proceeded to explain how Todoroki had refused to use his fire against Bakugo and their friend didn't think it was a fair win.

''So I finished third?'' Y/n asked afte he'd finished the story.

''Yeah, along with Iida, but he left for some family matter so you'll be on the podium alone,'' Kirishima said. ''Speaking of which, I'm supposed to bring you there to bring you there once you wake up.''

She was fine walking on her own, though Kirishima insisted on helping her walk there. When she arrived in front of the door she bade goodbye to the red head, who had to join the rest of their classmates, then entered the room.

The first thing she saw - and heard - was Bakugo, who was chained on the podium for the first place. He was growling and trying to free himself, but it wouldn't work. On the second place stood Todoroki, who was looking at his feet, seemingly deep in thought.

''What the hell . . .?'' Y/n mumbled as she observed the situation. Before she could converce with anyone, a staff member approached her and told her to go to her place because they would be starting soon. She did as told, climbing on the third place and looking up at Bakugo, watching him in amusement. The blond noticed her looking and growled at her.

- - -

''All the first-year events for this year's U.A. sports festival have been completed,'' Midnight announced. ''And now, we will begin the award ceremony!''

Fireworks errupted around the whole area, then winners were brought up with the podium. Y/n looked around, taking in the whole atmosphere. She knew she was capable, and yet she was still surprised that she'd ended up here, in third place. The rest of the first years were facing them and she could see Kirishima waving awkwardly, probably looking at Bakugo's predicament, just like everyone else.

''In addition to L/n, there is also Iida in third place, but he left early for family reasons. Thank you for your understanding!'' Midnight said. ''Now, we will award the medals! The presentation of the medals will, of course, be by this man-''

All Might's infamous laugh rang through the whole arena and everyone started cheering upon the sight of the Number One hero. He jumped from the rooftop of the stadium, landing next to Midnight.

''-Our very own hero, All Might!''

''I have brought the medals right here!''

Midnight apologized for talking over All Might, then they brought out the medals. The number one hero took the one for the third place first and Y/n stiffened as he walked closer to her.

''Young L/n, congratulations!'' All Might laughed as Y/n bowed so he can put the medal around her neck. She felt it's weight immediately, but didn't look down to admire it. ''You're very strong and have amazing control over your Quirk, but you still need to learn.''

Y/n nodded. ''Yes, I understand, All Might.''

All Might embraced her and Y/n stiffened again, not expecting it. She relaxed, enjoying the embrace of her favorite hero. Only when he finally moved on to Todoroki did she take her medal in her hand, admiring the bronze.

''Now then, Young Bakugo!''

Y/n looked up immediately, eager to witness the show.

''This is too much,'' All Might said and started unbuckling the muzzle that was placed on his student's mouth. ''Good job at doing what you said you would during the player's pledge!''

''All Might . . .'' Bakugo spoke, his voice hoarce. ''First place like this . . . isn't worth anything! Even if the world recognizes it, if I don't recognize it myself, then it's trash!''

Y/n snorted at Bakugo's expression and the way he refused the medal. She was shamelessly laughing when All Might put the medal in the explosive blond's mouth, causing her to recieve another glare of tha latter. She turned away so he wouldn't see her, still quietly sniggering to herself.

- - -

Y/n walked out of the stadium, holding her medal in her hand and inspecting it. She was pretty happy with her third place, considering the only guys she couldn't beat were Bakugo and Todoroki, as she'd expected. She was proud of herself and she hoped that so was her family.

''Hey, Speedy.''

She stopped in her tracks as she heard the - by now - familiar nickname. Bakugo approached her and she could see his medal sticking out from his backpack.

''What's up, winner?'' she teased, causing Bakugo's eye to twitch.

''SHUT UP!'' Bakugo yelled out. ''The fuck happened to you out there?''

His calm tone surprised Y/n. ''That was the shock wave I told you about. Thankfully I managed to gain control in the last second so it only affected the technology around and caused a shortcut.''

''What would've happened if you hadn't gained control?''

''I could've hurt you,'' Y/n said. ''Though I'm not sure how bad or if I'd only have hurt you. I haven't explosed that part of my Quirk that much.''

''So you could've won,'' Bakugo said.

''I guess?'' Y/n rose an eyebrow.

''This win just got even worse.''

She chuckled at his reposnce and resumed walking. When Bakugo realized she'd left him behind he grumbled and caught up to her. They walked together in silence, for the most part, until they reached in front of Y/n's house, which happened to be a few streets before Bakugo's. She thanked him for walking her home and bade him goodbye, while he just grumbled and continued on his way.

When Y/n entered, her legs were immediately attacked, almost knocking her back.

''Y/n! You were so cool! And Kirishima, too! And Bakugo even won! He's so cool!'' her little brother spoke and Y/n looked down at him, ruffling his h/c locks.

''Thanks, Kai,'' Y/n said. Her brother grabbed her by the hand and dragged her to the living room, where both of her parents were seated on the coach. They both stood up upon the sight of their daughter, congratulating her about her placement.

''By the way . . . that boy that gave you his jacket, Bakugo, was it? . . . Is he your boyfriend?''

''MOM!"

BONUS

Bakugo threw his keys in the cup when he finally arrived at his house, kicking his shoes off and then placing them neatly next to the door. Walking inside, he noticed his parents in the kitchen, his mom cooking and his dad sitting on the dining table. When his parents noticed him there they immeditatedly congratulated him, though they didn't hug him.

''Also, that girl you gave your jacket to . . . is she your girlfriend?''

''SHUT UP, OLD HAG!''

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 45.3K 41
(Y/N) is a new student at UA high. She moved away with her dad a few years ago after her mom disappeared. While she lived here, her two friends Izuku...
219 0 49
A new student joins the UA High School from a place where being someone with quirks isn't praised. Things become strange for this young teenager as s...
744K 27.2K 31
(Female reader x various male characters) [Y/n] [L/n] has always been told her quirk was nothing special. Determined to defy expectations, she imagi...
233 6 8
Mai Megumi, your average teenage girl...with an awesome Quirk and an aim to be a hero! She might just be that one person in Class 1A who's actually o...