WORK FOR IT

By ejsstories

Natasha is an assassin on the run. Y/N is a FBI agent. Would it be so bad if they fell in love? More

INTERIGATION
FLATTERY
TICK-TOCK
DRESS
PLEASE
TEASE
GUILT
LIES
BEGGING
FUGACIOUS
SCARS
ALONE
60 Days With Professor Romanoff
BREATHE

DATE

18.9K 645 1.1K
By ejsstories

Y/N POV-

I spot Natasha sitting at a table by the widow. Her hair looks different to the last time I saw her, now instead of her messy braid, lose curls cascade over her shoulders.

Makeup powdered over her face delicately naturally; you could hardly tell it was there and her dress... wow.

As she stood up to greet me my eyes dropped to the black dress hugging her figure tightly, a deep v-cut exposing her chest.

My eyes flicker up to meet her green eyes and then back down to her chest and back up again to her eyes. I mentally scold my behaviour.

"Thank you for the gifts." I smile.

She smirks glancing over my body "they're just as much as a gift for you as they are for myself... you look good." She complements.

"You look good yourself." We take a seat opposite each other.

"I have to ask, how did you figure out my size?"

"Just took a good guess, and judging by the way you look I did an incredible job." She smiles looking away from my eyes as if somehow she was a little nervous.

"Natasha are you nervous?"

"Why would I be nervous?" She tits her head in a questioning manner.

"No reason, anyway let's cut to the chase," I sigh "you're playing a game with me, why?"

"This is a date not a game," She states, as she looks over the menu "do you know what you want? I can't decide."

"Don't change the subject," her eyes lift to meet mine "Natasha I tried to put you in prison why the fuck would you want to take me on a date?" I question.

"You spent 48 hours trying to get me to talk, so I figured if I was going to sit making stupid conversation I'd do it in a pretty dress with a nice meal."

"So you're telling me you're ready to talk?"

"Sure." She shrugs.

"So did you kill Mr Russo?" I ask getting straight to the point.

"Agent Y/L/N we're at an expensive restaurant that's hardly appropriate conversation is it?" She mocks.

"You just said you were ready to talk." I roll my eyes.

"At least let me get to know you before I tell you my deepest darkest secrets."

Our conversation is briefly interrupted by the waitress stoping by to take our order.

"Okay fine, tell me about yourself." I retort.

"I'm 27, I'm a murder suspect and this god awful FBI agent won't stop trying to get me in bed." She smirks.

"I beg your pardon." I say choking a little on my drink.

"She would not stop flirting." She rolls her eyes.

"If I remember correctly you're the one who begged me to go on a date," I shake my head "and at what point was I flirting with you?"

"You're the one who told me what colour underwear you had on."

"You asked me!" I scoff.

"So a 'criminal' that you have under interrogation asks you a question and you just comply?" She laughs, mocking my ability to do my job.

"We had a deal, I ask a question and then you do that was our deal." I retort.

"Tell me, Agent Y/L/N do you normally let the 'criminals' set the rules or was that just special treatment for me?" She laughs cynically.

"Oh please," I roll my eyes "you're obsessed with yourself. I wasn't flirting with you and you know it."

"You're the one on a date with me, if anything you're the one who's obsessed with me." She scoffs.

The waitress once again interrupts our conversation to pass us our meals.

"You asked me on the date!" I clench my jaw growing more and more angry with her.

"And you said yes, technically speaking didn't have to come. You chose to come, did you really think I'd spill my secrets in public on a date with an FBI agent?" She mocks.

I pause for a second taking in the simple fact that I had chosen to come on the date, but why?

Agent Davies told me I didn't have to do it if I didn't want to. I couldn't have told Natasha no, I did at one point. I'm not stupid, I knew full well there was no way she'd tell me anything even if I had told myself that there was a possibility that she could.

"Cat got your tongue?" She laughs.

"So maybe I wanted to have a little fun, is there a problem with that?" I say casually.

She ignores me and starts to eat, we eat the majority of our meal in an awkward silence.

"Natasha what's the point to all of this?"

"You wasted my time, so I'm wasting yours, it's as simple as that." She smiles.

"Really, all of this was just because I wasted your time?" I ask.

"You called me a murderer and you couldn't be further away from the real answer," she scoffs "you have no evidence I killed Mr Russo and yet you call me a murderer. How do you think that feels?"

"So I hurt your feelings, having peoples feelings in mind isn't exactly part of my job description."

"Whatever, the point of the date was a chance for you to get to know me before you label me a murderer." She rolls her eyes.

"If you're really that pissed about it why waste your money on me?" I question.

"Because I've got plenty to waste and before you ask, it's none of your business where it came from."

"Okay."

She sighs "I'd like to enjoy the rest of the evening so can we just have a fresh start?"

"Fine." I release a breath.

"You told me you had a brother, do you have any other family?" She questions.

"Not really, do you have any family?"

"I have a sister." She smiles.

"Parents?" I ask.

"Kinda but not really, it's complicated. My mother passed when I was young." Her eyes gloss over slightly as she talks of her late mother.

"I'm sorry." Instinctively I grab her hand squeezing it a little. Slowly I let go "sorry." I apologise again.

"It's okay, do you have parents then?" She clears her throat, her composure returning smoothly.

"I do- I did." I say.

"I'm sorry."

"Oh no, no they're not- they're not dead." She tilts her head as if to tell me she was confused.

"They're bad people, I don't really know them anymore. Haven't seen them in a while, they might be dead, they might not be honestly I don't know and I don't care." I say forcing a smile.

I've pushed the memories of my parents so far back it feels weird to be talking about them, and to her of all people.

"Well 'family' is just blood and at the end of the day it means nothing. Family is love, and you can love whoever you want so don't dwell on it too much."

"You know for a criminal you're kinda wise." I joke lightening the mood.

Matching my humour she laughs "Not a criminal just a suspected one."

I roll my eyes smiling "whatever you say."

"Well anyway do you want to leave?" She ask.

"Sure."

She pays the bill despite me offering to go half's and then walks me out the restaurant.

"So Agent Y/L/N are you interested in maybe pushing past the fact that I'm a murderer suspect and maybe going on a date with me again?" She asks.

"After that shit show you want to take me on another date?"

"The date may have started badly but you don't have to end badly." She smiles. My stomach turns as she stands closer to me.

My heart flutters as her warm breath fans over my skin. Her hand reaches into the front of my dress pulling off the mic.

She drops it to the floor, crushing it under her heels. She leans over to my ear "have a little fun, Agent Davies doesn't have to know."

Her lips press sweetly to my neck, placing a small kiss on my warm skin.

I let out a shaky breath, pushing against her chest till her back hits the wall behind her, my hands trap her in place as my lips meet with hers.

Our bodies pull together like magnets, even despite my evident dislike to the redhead my body felt as if it'd been aching for this moment all it's life and now it finally had a chance to relax.

A low groan slips past her lips like butter as I bite down on her bottom lip, pulling it with me as our faces separate.

"Agent Y/L/N, at least take me on a second date before you jump me." She giggles.

I pull back quickly realising my mistake "I shouldn't have done that... I'm sorry."

I start to rationalise my behaviour, now regretting my impulsive behaviour.

"It's fine, just like I said, don't tell Agent Davies and at least go on another date with me first."

"No, that's not a good idea. Goodbye Natasha." I say quickly walking away form her, down the street.

My phone rings I look at the screen it's Agent Davies.

Phone call-

"Y/N we've lost connection is everything okay?" He asks.

"Yeah, we've left the restaurant I'm heading back to the SUV now." I hear him sigh.

"Okay see you in a minute."

I hang up as I climb into the black car.

"Is everything okay Y/N?" Watson asks.

"Everything is fine, I'm so sorry I couldn't get any helpful information." I apologise profusely.

"It's okay, it was a long shot to begin with anyway." Davies sighs.

When we finally approach my apartment Watson walks me up to my front door. "I know it's not my place but I heard you talking about your family-"

I cut him off "it's okay Watson seriously."

"I know you're a strong woman and everything but if you want to talk you know where I am." He sighs.

I nod "I know."

"Okay well, goodnight Y/N." He waves, walking away from me.

"See you Monday."

A/N- Reader taking a little control. DAMN.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 3.4K 26
a paige bueckers story.
942K 39.8K 81
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
247K 5.9K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc