𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗷𝗼𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗿𝗼𝗴𝗲𝗿...

By hvgwcrts

𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the niece of the owner of the three broomsticks is the server of a very drunk james potter More

THE JOLLY ROGER
PROLOGUE
ACT ONE
˗ˋ 01
˗ˋ 02
˗ˋ 03
˗ˋ 04
˗ˋ 05
˗ˋ 06
˗ˋ 07
˗ˋ 08
˗ˋ 10
˗ˋ 11
˗ˋ 12
˗ˋ 13
˗ˋ 14
˗ˋ 15
˗ˋ 16
˗ˋ 17
˗ˋ 18
˗ˋ 19
˗ˋ 20
˗ˋ 21
˗ˋ 22
˗ˋ 23

˗ˋ 09

13.2K 624 24
By hvgwcrts

CHAPTER NINE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH ROSIE'S WAITING

. . .

Rosie was far from nervous as she waited, seated at one of the wooden tables close to the entrance of the Three Broomsticks. Sunday had arrived quickly, and the entire place was decked out for Halloween.

The usual decor was replaced by anything orange or pumpkin themed, the lamps were glowing a mixture of green, purple and black, the entire menu was changed to match the theme, banners hung from the ceiling, rows of glittering decorations falling from every rafter and almost everyone was in costume. Most was dressed as scary creatures of the Wizarding world, but others, like Rosie, opted for a muggle costume. 

She was Sandy from Grease. The outfit was considerably easy for her to get into, considering she owned half the components already. It was an image she remembered vividly, going with one of the Muggle-born friends to the cinema and experiencing all the different sort of magic there.

After seeing the movie for the first time, she had purchased a pair of black leather leggings, and it was just her luck that she had brought them with her. Along with that, the red-lined leather jacket, off-the-shoulder black velvet top and red heels were dug out of her endlessly big suitcase, and it took just a little time to arrange her already curly hair into such an up-do, ending it all with makeup and a careful application of red lipstick.

The costume got quite a bit of appreciation from some of the younger male customers and Rosie ignored every single one of them; she was only waiting for one particular man. 

And just as half-past approached, the door swung open and James stepped in, instantly spotting Rosie waiting with a book in her hands, thumbing through the pages and looking more bored than he had seen anyone in their lives.

He wasn't surprised she wasn't looking forward to coming to Hogsmeade. Rosie was an exciting person. She fit in with big cities, not places barely made up of thirty buildings in the middle of Merlin knows where in Scotland.

That as Rosie was clearly not afraid to hurt someone's feelings.

"What the fuck are you wearing?" She asked, slamming the book closed as her eyes landed on him and discarding it as if it were a piece of rubbish. Her legs uncrossed, James watching the movement as she stood, heels clicking against the wooden floor. 

"Sorry?" He blinked, reaching to push his glasses up his nose. 

"What, in the name of all things fucking holy, are they." Rosie asked, a painted red nail pointing up to his head.

"Oh." James blushed, snatching the antler headband from his head. "I can explain whilst we walk? I have to stop somewhere on the way back. You got the alcohol?"

Rosie nodded, reaching back to her chair to pick up her bag. It was tiny, and James' expression of disbelief was more visible than he initially thought, because she was quickly ecplaining it. "It's an undetectable extention charm." Rosie swallowed, slipping the strap over her shoulder and giving a short wave over to her aunt as they left. "But there's loads in there, I've been slipping them from the bar since like Monday." 

"Well I'll take your word for it." James held the door open and let her step out, eyes on the shack that loomed over the village. They began towards it.

"So, planning on explaining the antlers? Or how the hell you get here on school nights? I've been wondering about it since last weekend." Rosie asked, keeping up with him easily despite the small struggle of heels on cobblestone.

"I bet a clever girl like you could guess?" James looked towards her, slight smirk on his lips evident as they passed under a street lamp. "About how we get here, not the antlers. Sirius thought it was ironic, he's got us all in them." 

"The antlers are weird. And I don't expect to understand them ever." Rosie shrugged. "But seeing as the castle is closed off.. I'm guessing you have some passageway or something?"

"See, I knew you were clever." James was cradling the antlers in his hands, before deciding he didn't really care whether they were weird and sliding them back over his hair. "So we're heading towards the entrance.. and making a stop at one as well."

"Oh really? Well, Potter, I can't seem to thank you enough." Rosie slid her spare arm around his, linking them. "Sorry - bit wobbly." She explained briefly. "But like I was saying. Thank you. Really. I've been dying of boredom since I've got here, and the night we spent together and tonight is going to be the only excitement I have in a while."

"If you think like that then it really will be." James replied, a glint of mischief in his eyes as Rosie met them, awaiting an explanation. "Well, now that you've met me there's really nobody stopping you from having fun."

"Merlin you're a cocky little shit." Rosie shook her head, laughter echoing over the streets. "If that's true.. then I trust you to show me a good time... a second good time."

And James could do just that.

a/n
i'm pretty sure
grease came out
in 1978 which is 
two years after this
takes place but like
idc really rosie's faceclaim
is perfect for sandy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 61 16
Its been two years since the marauders have graduated. James and Lily are married with a baby on the way, and Sirius and Peter are very busy with th...
4.1K 136 18
Y/n Potter, the twin sister of James, has always been seen by Hogwarts as 'the fifth marauder.' As the well known rivalry between Slytherin and Gryff...
66.7K 2.3K 11
"𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮 𝘀𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗳 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗶 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿" 𝗮 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝗿𝗲𝗴𝘂𝗹𝘂𝘀 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸'𝘀...
9K 724 10
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 james potter finds himself following the advice of his best friend through a forgotten list of drunken advice