The Ravenclaw Queen

By DJZabini15

"I am not who everyone thinks that I am, and that terrifies me." Hayden Potter has been abused her whole life... More

Movie/book 1 Characters
Chapter 2: Diagon Alley
Chapter 3: hogwarts express
Chapter 4: Sorted
Chapter 5: Potions and Defense Against the Dark Arts
Chapter 6: First Game
Chapter 7: Halloween
Hospitals and family trauma
Christmas
DOG
Letters
detention and tension
Trap door
Dumbledore is a Hater
AN
Cast
Summer
Is he depressed, or is it just my imagination
Listen, I don't get the fuckability of this professor.
Quittich and Prejudice
Fairy
Speak Up Bitch
Petrified
Dueling
We don't have amazing conflict resolution skills
Christmas and Heartbreak
I Am not the Hero in His Storybook
Want to duel me bitch
We put the bitch in bye bitch
Hell would be mercy
Reunion
Year 3 Cast
This is not how I envisioned my first kiss
I you jump, I jump
Facing my Fears
Hogsmeade
Godfather
Attack of Sirius Black
I am Fucking Awesome
Having a Ball
Deals
Falling
What the Fuck Harry
Do You Understand
Quidditch World Cup
Divided
Mattheo Riddle
Am I good enough
Interviews
Dragons
Screaming with the S
Ask me then!
Explosive
swimming
Spiraling
Well that was not anticipated
What the Fuck
Saying Goodbye
year 5 cast
Stay Away
And it begins
Fighting
Detention
Smoke

Chapter 1: Snakes and letters

324 14 10
By DJZabini15

(A/N. Please remember that they are eleven in the beginning. There will be no serious romance or heavy swearing because they are children. Please be patient, also, question of the day is, do you think her and Harry will be close?)

"Hayden, you're hogging the bed!" Harry sighed.

I moved closer to the wall giving him more space, "Thank you, Hayden."

We both went silent and were almost asleep again. Then Dudley started to jump on the stairs screaming, and bits of the ceiling fell and hit me in the face. I let out an annoyed groan as Harry went to open the door, but had it shut in his face. I took a look in the small mirror in our room and almost cried. My long red hair was knotted and frizzy. Harry looked at me and gave me a pity look.

"I'll help you braid it," Harry told me before grabbing my brush.

He gently brushed through my wavy hair. Once he unknotted the mess of my hair, he did a braid for me. The braids never look particularly good, but I never fixed them, because he did it for me.

"Thank you, Harry," I said hugging my twin.

"It's the least I could do since you fixed my glasses," He responded.

We climbed out of our cupboard and wandered into the kitchen. I started to cook bacon while Harry got Vermon's coffee. I hate him, I hate being in the same room as him. I hate this house, and I hate the life me and Harry are being forced to live. I put the bacon on a plate and sat at the table across from him. He went to say something but was cut off by Dudley's outburst.

"Thirty-six! But I had thirty-seven last year!" Dudley screamed at his parents.

I rolled my eyes and continued to eat. He does this every year and every year the spoiled brat gets more gifts. But me and Harry never do. 

"Don't worry, when we go to the zoo today, we will get you more gifts."

"We?" I questioned raising an eyebrow.

"Our neighbor couldn't watch you so you will be forced to come with," Before she could say more, I ran to get changed. 

I never get to go out, and the zoo will be filled with animals for me to draw later. I put on a pair of black leggings and an old blue jumper from Petunia. Then I tied up my broken silver tennis shoes. Once I finished changing my brother changed in our room. I walked out to the car where Dudley and Peirce were.

"Hello beautiful," Pierce flirted with me, but I just rolled my eyes.

"Hayden, I have thought you better manners," Vernom scolded.

"I will not be polite to men who creep me out," I responded harshly. 

"You will if I tell you to, and I am telling you to," he said in a threatening tone that made my body go rigid.

"Hello to you as well, Pierce," I said with a fake smile, "I'm sorry for my former attitude."

Once Harry and Petunia came out, we all squished in the car. I sat in the floorboard in front of Pierce. He kept messing with my hair even after I asked him to stop. When I raised my voice, Vernom told me to use my manners, so I just quit saying anything. Harry kept shooting me sympathetic looks and I sent back fake smiles. That is my purpose with the Dursleys, to be silent and smile. Once we arrived at the zoo we went to the reptile and amphibian room. My brother went to the snakes, I went to the turtles. I was enjoying looking at them when Petunia approached me.

"Did you die the ends of your hair!' She exclaimed.

"What?" When I looked at my hair it was the same red it always was. 

"O-oh. I must've just imagined it," she said, her voice shaking.

"Mummy!" Dudley's voice screamed. 

I turned and saw him banging on the glass of the reptile habitat. I let out a little giggle watching it happen. Until Vernom shot me a murderous look from across the room. We dropped off Pierce and when we got home Petunia took Dudley upstairs. Vernom stayed to yell at me and Harry.

"What did you two do?"

"I was talking to Aunt Petunia!" I defended myself.

"And I didn't do it. One minute the glass was there, and then it was gone. It was like magic!" Harry yelled.

"Don't say that word!" Vernon yelled at my brother.

"Don't talk to him like that!" I yelled at my uncle.

Vernon slapped me in the face. His ring caught my cheek leaving a long cut. I let out a whimper and grabbed my cheek. Harry glared at Vernom, grabbing my hand in support.

"Learn your place, girl! Be seen and not heard!" He yelled then shoved me in the cupboard.

 Harry ran in to check on me. Vernon slammed the door shut as my brother sat next to me. I let out a soft sob and leaned into Harry. He put his arm around me and comforted me. The next morning me and Harry checked the mail and saw two letters for us, which I found particularly odd. I had mine nearly opened when Dudley plucked it from my hand.

"Give it back, it's mine," I snarled at him.

"Who'd be writing to you," Vernon laughed, but his smile dropped when he saw who it was from. 

This went on for a week; he would destroy any letters that me and Harry had received. It was frustrating to me; why did he want to keep it from us? What was he hiding? I had a feeling that the letters contained a way out for us. Finally, Sunday came.

"Do you know why today is so glorious?" Vernon asked us all.

"No post on Sundays," I mumbled.

"I wasn't talking to you.

"No post on Sundays," Dudley answered him.

"Right, you are my brilliant son, right you are."

Me and Harry rolled my eyes. Then a letter came in through the chimney. I immediately went for the letter only for Petunia to grab me. She and Dudley kept a firm grip on me as more letters came, and I was forced to watch my brother try to catch a letter instead of plucking one from the ground.

"That's it! We are leaving!" Vernon yelled.

Under supervision, me and harry packed a bag and we left for some old shack in the middle of nowhere. It was the night of July 30th and me and Harry were staying up till midnight. I was born on July 30th at 11:59, Harry was born on July 31, at 12:05. 

"Happy birthday, Hayden," Harry whispered at 11:59.

Once the clock flipped to twelve, I whispered, "Happy birthday Harry."

I helped blow out our fake candles. Once we did that a man broke into the shack. Harry hid us behind the fireplace, and he stood in front of me. I saw a giant walk in and Vernom pointed a gun at him. When the gun went off, I let out a small squeak, making Harry cover my mouth.

"Well Harry you've grown a bit since I last seen you, and where's Hayden."

"I-I'm not Harry," Dudley, who the man had mistaken for Harry, stuttered out.

"I'm Harry," my brother said stepping out.

"And I'm Hayden," I said quietly, following Harry from behind the fireplace.

"Well o course you are. Here, I may have sat on it at some point, but I reckon it still tastes the same," He handed me and Harry out his own separate cake. Mine said, Happi Burthdae Hayden. It may be misspelled, but it's also the first gift I've ever been given. My eyes started to well up as I looked at the beautiful cake.

"Oh, and here are your letters," He handed me a letter. 

I opened it up and it said I was a witch. What in the Salem witch trial is this crap.

"Please don't burn me!" I said immediately.

"Why would be burn the Hayden Potter, it be a disrespect to your parents' heroic death."

"They died in a car crash," Harry told the man, confused.

"James and Lily Potter, die in a car crash, hogswallop!"

I dissociated as the adults started to argue. If there is one thing I've learned at the Dursleys, it how to dissociate to avoid traumatic events. It's like my very own superpower. 

"You coming? Unless you'd like to stay that is," Hagrid said to me and Harry.

"I'm going," I said immediately and followed him.

I don't care if it is true or not; I just wanted out. And Harry followed me after a few seconds as well. Anything had to be better than the Durleys...right?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 6K 54
It is one year after Voldemort is defeated. Headmistress Mcgonagall invites students with unfinished educations to return if they would like. They wi...
239 7 8
Hermione finds herself in the wake of the wizarding war and hopes their victory means she can finally enjoy the peaceful life she has always envision...
121K 2.3K 20
What if Ron had a twin sister? But alike in some ways but not many. She is sorted into Slytherin not Gryffindor. Her parents we ashamed a Weasley in...
1.5K 70 40
Y/n has lived their whole life being shoved to the side and not being able to leave their house. But now all of it is about to change as they set off...