Roman Holiday | h.s

By cloudstpwk

COMPLETEšŸ¤ in which famous singer-songwriter, harry meets italian fashion intern, anna by chance and they beg... More

The Soundtrack
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine *
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen *
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven *
Twenty-Eight | The Final Chapter
Interlude - Harry's Letter
Epilogue
Harry by Anna
The Holiday Anthology

Nineteen

1.1K 28 2
By cloudstpwk

Authors note: UMMM 600 reads what???? thank you!

~~~

The bubble around our lovers has popped. No longer are they just Anna and Harry, having an incredible summer romance in Italy.

They are now 'Harry Styles, singer-songwriter and Angelica D'Angelo, fashion designer sharing a fleeting, passionate infatuation together in Italy'.

~ ~ ~

Anna woke up back in her bed, which was a surprise because the last thing she remembered was those awful comments and reading them in the dining room. Unless she was dreaming that?

Harry's arms were draped around her, holding her close and his head was tucked in the crook of her neck as he slept peacefully - light snores escaping his mouth. Anna wrapped hers around him too, holding him close as though he could disappear at any moment.

Her bedroom smelled like them this morning, the perfect mix of light violets and his warm, musky scent. She wanted to bottle it and keep it forever.

Harry stirred a little in his sleep, nuzzling his head further and groaning. Anna let out a light laugh.

"What are you laughing at?" He mumbled against her skin with humour in his tone. She traced circles into the back of his neck.

"You. You're so snuggly." She said which he then laughed at, sending vibrations through her body.

"Sorry. Love you." He said sweetly, moving his hands from her waist to her butt to give it a light squeeze.

"Harry!" She exclaimed with a giggle.

"At this hour of morning?" She teased him, which prompted him do it again.

"Any time of day." He confirmed, before looking up at her with a wink. They laughed together but then it drifted to comfortable silence.

"Are you okay?" He asked her, looking up through his eyelashes. This confirmed her thoughts, last night did happen.

"Yes." She lied; the words were still swirling through her head but talking to him was making her feel better. They were safe in their own little bubble when they were together in her cottage.

"Anna..." he trailed off, and rolled so he was fully on his stomach between her legs with his head resting on her stomach - which meant he had a clear view of her face.

"What?" She sighed. He knew. Of course he knew.

"Tell me what's on your mind, I'm a good listener." He encouraged her with a smile.

"I know you are," she smiled back but felt apprehensive to share her thoughts, even though she felt unequivocally comfortable in Harry's presence.

"Everything is on my mind. Us, my family, my job, the media, the comments.." she trailed off. Harry nodded.

"What do I do?" She asked herself rhetorically, repeating the question which had been swimming around her mind, out loud.

"You don't need to do anything," Harry murmured.

"All of this is my fault. I should have told you on our first date who I was, let you make the choice whether to keep seeing me knowing all this. I should've been more careful too, I didn't expect for there to be so many photographers in Italy." He explained.

"I'm going to try and fix this, I'm working with Mallory on it." He assured her, she wasn't sure what he could do to fix it - there was nothing to fix per se, but she appreciated the effort.

"I wish I could just escape for a few days." She mumbled under her breath, she didn't mean it seriously of course. She knew that she had limited time with Harry, she had a cat to look after, she had work to take care of. But her mind couldn't help but wonder.

But neither could Harry's.

His mind was cast back to one of their first conversations on their first date;

~~~

"If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?"

"It's not very far, but probably Paris. It is just bellissimo."Anna explained as their train pulled into the station and they and they stepped into it.

"What's stopping you from going, you could get a train or a plane?" Harry asked her, he was curious as to why she would deny herself the opportunity to see a city she loves.

"I'd always envisioned that one day I would fall in love with someone, we would take a journey to Paris together and we would drink champagne and eat strawberries next to the Eiffel Tower."

~~~

He wasn't sure how he would execute it, but he knew that he wanted to take her to Paris. A private trip, just the two of them. No prying eyes, no paparazzi. Undetected. He made a mental note to call Mallory when Anna was in the shower.

"Do you want me to make us some breakfast?" Harry asked Anna, who wrapped her legs around his tightly with a mischievous grin.

"Now why would I want that when there's breakfast right here?" She said with a wink, which spurred him on to move so his hands were either side of her head and his body was pinned to hers on the bed - all of which making her laugh. She loved how eager he was, and how loving he was and the fun they could have.

"Harry," she gasped as his lips grazed her lips and then her face, and then her neck.

"I meant-" she paused as he sucked gently on her collarbone.

"I've got oat bars in my side table." She managed to get her words out - Harry paused and looked up confusedly, before the penny dropped and he broke out into laughter, muffling the sound on her skin - shaking the pair of them as they both giggled.

What better way to start the day?

"Such a tease, Miss D'Angelo." He said, once he had calmed down.

"I know."

~

After spending a bit more time tangled in their sheets, Harry and Anna ended up having breakfast after all. They cooked breakfast together with the radio on, soft music playing in the background for them to dance to - swaying, looking out into Anna's garden where the birds were nibbling seeds on the bird table.

"Breakfast is served, signorina." (Miss) Harry said, pecking her lips as he set their plates on the table. She poured some fresh apple juice into their glasses, when he sat down and they began to devour their breakfasts.

"It's more like brunch now, isn't it." She commented, humour laced within her tone.

"Whose fault is that..." Harry trailed off, winking at her - which made her cheeks blush pink.

"I think it was a joint effort, Styles." Anna responded, defending herself from Harry's teasing voice. After all, he initiated it all with that butt pinch.

"If you say so, D'Angelo." She threw a cherry tomato at him which he caught in his mouth.

"Wow, now you're feeding me? This is the life." He sighed contently, before bursting into laughter.

"You're so not funny." She glared, but even she had to suppress her smile. He just had that effect on her. Harry just mildly shrugged in response.

"I've got a surprise for you later." Harry said nonchalantly after a few minutes.

"You're full of many surprises." She commented.

"I promise, this is a nice one." He said sincerely, forgetting the great big surprise he had given her yesterday.

He kept to his promise and after breakfast she got in the shower and he called Mallory to make arrangements. He asked her to pack a bag, and also contacted Anna's sister on Instagram to get her parents information - to see if they could look after Cooper.

He got Gabriel to drop off his necessities and a bag of clothes and they were ready to go.

"What are you doing?" Harry asked Anna, who was frantically searching in a cupboard under her stairs.

"Trying to find a carrier, for Coop." She responded, flinging a fake plant out of the cupboard - accidentally in his direction.

"You don't need to, your dads on his way." Harry told her simply which made her pause immediately and flip around.

"What?"

"What are you planning?" She squinted at him as she climbed out of the cupboard looking flustered.

"It's a surprise. You'll find out soon, mi amor."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 12.6K 61
Harry styles imagine #1
96.6K 1.4K 15
An internship with Harry Lambert transformed into a job of a lifetime - Aurora Del Gatto finds herself touring the world with the one & only Harry St...
34.1K 773 58
In which she goes to EVERY LOT concert. or In which he comes out every night in the hope of seeing HER.
538K 10.4K 93
Monreau Swanson lived a simple life working at a mechanic's shop, but an unexpected visitor to her shop sparks her interest, Harry Styles. She slowly...