♥Mend Her Heart♥ |•| PAL x Re...

By KaraTheLittleCookie

The machines had lost. Now.. 5 months later.. (Y/n) would move to Kentwood, Michigan and find a cracked phone... More

Chapter 1 - Finding PAL
Chapter 2 - Brokenhearts
Chapter 3 - The Mitchells and Mark
//Not another chapter. Just need suggestions.
Chapter 5 - Bonding
Chapter 6 - PAL's New World
Chapter 7 - Besties
Chapter 8 - Building The Fair... And Maybe a Relationship
Chapter 9 - The Mitchells
Chapter 10 - The Sleepover
!Note!
Post Canon Chapter - Thanksgiving!
Chapter 11 - Night of The Fair
Chapter 12 - PAL's True Feelings
Chapter 13 - The 4th of July
Chapter 14 - SIKE, YOU WERE FOOLED hAhAHah-
Chapter 15 - The Arrival
LEMON BITCH
Chapter 16 - Journey Home
Chapter 17 - Christmas in The Air
Chapter 18 - The New Year
Art 👀
Epilogue

Chapter 4 - Intrest

435 13 61
By KaraTheLittleCookie

(Y/n) was running as fast as she could but kept slipping with every step she took. She could hear the angry and hurtful words her original "parents" were screaming at each other and at her. She kept running but was grabbed by a massive hand and slammed into a wall.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

"THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU!"

"YOU CAN'T FEEL ANYTHING, YOU LIAR! YOU DON'T HAVE EMOTIONS! YOU CAN'T HAVE EMOTIONS! YOU'RE JUST AN AI."

Voices flooded her head as she screamed, "STOP! GET OUT!"
Then she suddenly fell through the wall and just kept falling into a void of nothingness. It was like she was falling through the bright blue sky but there was no ground. As she thought about hitting the ground, she screamed as she finally saw the pit of flames awaiting below her.

"AAAAAAAUUUUUUGGGHHHH!"

She awoke, screaming in her sleep and covered in cold sweat. She was panting, calming down.
It was just a dream, it was just a dream. She thought over and over.

"(Y/n), are you okay?" A British female voice asked.

(Y/n) recognized it as PAL, a bit of heat rising to her cheeks.
Ew.. my face is warm and sweating at the same time.... Weird. She thought as she cupped her own cheek.
"Yeah.. I'm good." She mumbled.

"Why were you screaming? I thought something was seriously wrong!" PAL said.

"Had a nightmare.." (Y/n) said.

"About what exactly?" PAL asked.

"Well.. I don't want to go into a whole lot of detail but.. part of it was a bunch of bad memories from my original parents screaming at me and then I just started falling though the sky. It was like there was no ground... But just as I wondered if I was gonna hit something, I saw a pit of flames below me and I.. woke up right as I was about to fall into them. That's why I was screaming; an immense amount of fear to the point your brain wakes you up." (Y/n) explained.

"Ah, makes sense. I can imagine that must've been horrifying." PAL said.

"Yeah." (Y/n) murmured.
She yawned, stretching her arms.
"I think I'm gonna try and go back to sleep." She mumbled.

"Me too." PAL said.

"G'night." (Y/n) smiled.

"Goodnight! Oh, and could you please get me a pillow as a bed? I don't like sleeping on hard surfaces." PAL mentioned.

"Of course!" (Y/n) said.
She sat up and looked around her room for a small pillow. She didn't see one so she picked up a blanket she never used and folded it, walking over to PAL and setting it beneath her.

"Ah, thank you." PAL said as she relaxed.

"You're welcome." (Y/n) smiled.
(Y/n) didn't worry about PAL seeing her without her wig on since it was so dark in the room. She climbed back onto her bed and pulled the covers over her, thinking about something.
What if dreams are just us visiting our alternate selves? Wait.. but if dreams are another realm.. what if our reality as we know it is actually a dream? What if someone is spectating us all right now? Wait.. what if we're in a TV show and we're all the side and background characters? What if all the famous people in the world are the main characters of the show? She thought.
Yup, this is how I know it's time to go back to sleep.
And so (Y/n) fell asleep a few seconds later.
___
~ ♥ |ツ| ♥ ~

(^^toooootally not supposed to be PAL. Shut up.)

(Y/n) awoke around six A.M., unable to go back to sleep. PAL was still asleep so she quickly attached her wig to herself. Phew, good thing she didn't have to turn PAL away again. PAL was pretty stern and scary sometimes.
(Y/n) got up and got dressed, brushing her teeth and picking her hair with a hair pick. Once she was done, she came back to her room and sat on the edge of her bed, waiting for PAL to wake up. But then.. she thought about something.

She was always having to carry PAL around everywhere they went. Wouldn't it be cool if.. PAL could do it all by herself? Wouldn't it be cool if PAL was a.. human? Or a robot that could move? That's what she'd do. She'd get a humanoid form for PAL. Someday. But then she'd possibly run the risk of PAL getting arrested... Probably for committing acts of arson or assault since PAL has anger issues. But what else could she do? She wanted to make PAL as happy as she possibly could. She got up from her bed and started opening drawers in her dresser, looking for something to give her another idea. Creating a humanoid form for something far from looking human itself would take a long time and a lot of work. So what could she do for her in the meantime?

She found something. A spare zipper portal. That's when a thought crossed her mind: what if she were to use this zipper portal to make a whole world for PAL to rule? Like she wanted to do with Earth? She could make a robot city all just for PAL! Yeah! That wouldn't take too long, right?

~♪♥ =] ♥♪~

An hour later, (Y/n) returned through the portal she had left in. She came back to see that PAL was still in sleep mode. It didn't surprise her considering it was only seven A.M.. PAL could sleep in as late as she wanted. (Y/n) didn't mind the least bit. Plus it gave her much more time to work on her project for PAL.
She got out her laptop and went to work. She was still going to create PAL a human form. It would probably take about a solid week to make it if she were to stay on the computer almost the entire day. She'd try and get it done as soon as possible. She hoped that PAL would like it.

Bzzzzzt! Bzzzt!

PAL woke up. (Y/n) quickly shut the laptop and unplugged PAL.
"Well, good morning to you!" PAL said smiling.
PAL then sang a quick version of good morning to you, adding her own little touch to the end by saying quickly, "totallynotplanningtheAIuprisingagain!"

(Y/n) giggled. PAL wasn't great at singing but hearing that last part made her laugh. Ah, classic PAL.
"Morning, PAL!" (Y/n) said with a warm smile.

"So, no turning me away from your probably red face today?" PAL asked.

"Heh, no.." (Y/n) mumbled sheepishly.

"Haha, good. Was a bit annoying but.. also kind of funny now that I look back at it." PAL chuckled.

"Heh, yeah." (Y/n) smiled.

"Heard you shut your laptop really fast. Why was that? Ya hiding something from me?" PAL asked jokingly and suspiciously.

"What? No! Heh, well.. kind of. But it's a surprise for you later on!" (Y/n) said with a bit of excitement.

"A surprise?" PAL asked with a smile.
"For me?"

"Yeah!" (Y/n) said.

PAL squealed with excitement.
"I love surprises! As long as you're not planning on dumping water on me or something."

"Haha, no worries, PAL. Not anything water related."

"Good, I'm glad."
PAL seemed to go into deep thought after that. She looked like she was thinking about something.

"Heh, someone seems like they're in deep thought." (Y/n) said.

"Huh? Oh.. yeah, sorry about that." PAL apologized.

"Oh, no, it's okay!" (Y/n) said.
"There's no need to apologize."

"All right then!" PAL said with a smile.

"So what were you thinkin' about?" (Y/n) asked.

"Oh.. Erm.. nothing, really.." PAL murmured as her screen appeared to glow with a bit of blush.

"Come on! Tell me, tell me, tell me!" (Y/n) begged.

"Ugh, fine.. I was.. thinking about last night.." PAL mumbled.

"Last night...? What about last night-?" (Y/n) started to question but then she remembered.
She had kissed PAL on the cheek before she went to bed. (Y/n)'s face went a bit pink as well.
"Oh. Right. Heh.." She laughed awkwardly.

"...Why did you kiss me?" PAL asked with a bit of embarrassment.

(Y/n) turned even pinker.
"Er.. because I wanted to..? Heh, it's.. sort of a friendly gesture, y'know?"

PAL looked a little deflated yet relieved hearing that.
"Oh.. alright then..? Sorry, it was just unusual to me, y'know?" She said.

"Yeah, yeah, I get it." (Y/n) said smiling.

Yup, PAL just got friendzoned. (Y/n) didn't want to admit it but.. she kinda got the hots for her. It wasn't even a friendly gesture, it was a form of romantic affection. Wait.. no! What was she thinking‽

"Heheh, now you're the one in deep thought!" PAL chuckled.

"H-Huh?!"

"Haha, what're you thinking about?" PAL questioned.

"Oh, er.. nothing!" (Y/n) quickly said, face red as ever.

"Awh, are you sure?" PAL said suspiciously.

"Uh, yep!" (Y/n) answered.

PAL squinted at her.
"That's what they all say." She rolled her eyes.

"So, uh.. what do you want to do today?" (Y/n) asked.

"Hm.. I'm not quite sure, actually. Maybe something a little more.. dangerous?" She requested with an evil grin.

"Uh, sure...? But what?" (Y/n) asked.

"Maybe skydiving? Falling from miles in the air sounds fun!" PAL said excitedly.

"W-What‽ Are you crazy‽ I'm terrified of heights!" (Y/n) exclaimed.

"Nobody is afraid of heights, they're afraid of falling." PAL said.

(Y/n) thought about that for a moment.
"Okay, fair." She said.

"Fair? Fair? It's not fair, it's true." PAL said.

"Alright, alright, true. There, I said it's true. Happy now?"

"Satisfied." PAL said smugly.

"Pfft, you love to be right about everything, don't you?" (Y/n) asked.

"Indeed, I do." PAL answered.

"You seem like it. Heh." (Y/n) chuckled.

"Sooooo, are you going to take me skydiving or not?" PAL asked.

"Uhm.." (Y/n) started, quite not sure what to answer with.
Should she say yes? Should she say no? Sure, it would be fun but what if PAL got destroyed or something? What if (Y/n) fainted from fear and PAL fell and shattered to a million pieces‽
"I'm... Not sure, PAL. What if something really bad happens?"

"What if something really good happens?" PAL argued.

"But what if-?"

"What if a massive meteor fell out of the sky and killed everyone? What if all of a sudden aliens invaded and held everyone hostage? What if the magic school bus shat itself all the way to the moon?"

"What?"

"Stupid, right? There are a million what if's, (Y/n). If you spend your life worrying about everyone and everything, you practically live in constant fear and never truly enjoy yourself." PAL said.

"That.. that is true.." (Y/n) admitted.

"Exactly. Soooo...?"

~♪♥ =] ♥♪~

"Uh.. PAL? I'm still not sure about this.. this looks terrifying." (Y/n) said nervously.

"Oh don't be silly, it'll be fun, don't worry." PAL insisted.

(Y/n) and PAL were staring down out of an airplane, the ground thousands of feet below them.

"I'm still not sure about- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!" (Y/n) screamed as she fell through the sky.

PAL on the other hand was screaming and laughing. She absolutely loved the feeling of adrenaline rushing through her.

The guy on the airplane simply got tired of her flip-flopping back and forth between jumping and staying on so he pushed her, knowing she'd be perfectly fine in the end.

PAL and (Y/n) were just screaming and falling through the air. When the ground finally came into focus, (Y/n) activated her parachute and landed safely on the ground.
Still panting from screaming and laughing so much, she looked down at PAL to see a smug look plastered on her face.
"What?" She said bluntly.

"Tch, ya had fun, didn't you?" She asked.

(Y/n) looked annoyed and sighed.
"Yeah.. it was fun." She groaned.

"Hahaha! I knew it! I knew you'd have a good time!" PAL bragged.

"Yeah, yeah, soak it up." (Y/n) rolled her eyes.

"hAhAhAhAh! I was right, I was right!"
PAL kept teasing (Y/n) in a singy songy voice all the way back home. It was annoying but at the same time, (Y/n) enjoyed seeing PAL so hyped up and joyful. It brought a smile to her own face.

The rest of the day went by pretty quickly. PAL ended up doing her own thing for a while while (Y/n) was in her own little realm busy creating a robot city world for PAL. (Y/n) was almost 100% confident that PAL would love what she's making for her. When she came back through the portal, she found a very bored looking PAL and decided to talk to her for a little while to cheer her up. The two didn't really talk about anything particular in general but had a nice friendly chat. After they finished talking, (Y/n) had to hurry down to go eat dinner and then have dessert and then go to bed. After she was done with all that, she set PAL on her little makeshift bed.
"G'night." (Y/n) said kindly.

"Goodnight, my sweet!" PAL said happily.

Her.. what? What had she just called (Y/n)?

"I had loads of fun today!" PAL said excitedly.

"Haha, me too!" (Y/n) admitted, a light blush rising to her cheeks.

"Well, goodnight. Again." PAL chuckled.

"Goodnight!" (Y/n) said and she literally hopped into bed.
She pulled the covers over her and instead of going to sleep, she waited until PAL was in sleep mode and got out her laptop to work on PAL's soon-to-be human form. She liked her.

Yeehaw, brothers, 2300 words without my dumb author's note lol. Hope you really like this story so far because I have big plans for this book and I'm also really proud of this myself. Love you all! /p

-✨🍪Cøøkie🍪✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

740 11 40
Jordan's in love with two people (who are in love with each other), he hasn't spoken to his parents in five years, and despite working almost sixty h...
813K 39.4K 37
Being in love with your roommate wasn't exactly ideal. Being in love with your roommate and a stranger you met at some bar was even messier. Though...
146K 5.7K 28
Dale Brooks is a charming guy with great humor and awful communication skills. He has a crush on a boy, but he's too nervous to tell him that. Liam B...
6.1K 97 26
Kendall has always lived a quiet life in a small town in Illinois with her family, friends, and boyfriend Jordan. Her life had been mostly happy othe...