Better Than Pizza | REGGIE PE...

By that_one_writer13

You grew up with Sunset Curve. Always jamming out to their music in the car with your parents. It really was... More

Chapter 1: Were Those Holograms?
Chapter 2: This Was the Only Thing I Could Think of For Nostalgia
Chapter 3: I Forgot You Weren't a Ghost
Chapter 4: I Thought Ghosts Didn't Get Cold
Chapter 5: Anytime, Bestfriend
Chapter 6: I Always Wanted to Dance In The Rain With a Girlfriend or Something
Chapter 7: You Have an Excellent Marketing Team
Chapter 8: Dang, You're a Player
Chapter 9: Now You Just Have to Decide Who You Hate More
Chapter 10: They Have The Same Chemistry You and Luke Do!
Chapter 11: He So Deserves The Hit
Chapter 13: I Never Knew He Was Hurting This Much
Chapter 14: I Just Did That For You Guys
Chapter 15: I Told You That You guys Were Practically The Same Person
Chapter 16: Why Don't You Write a Song About This?
Chapter 17: You Guys Can Come In Now, I Know You're Listening
Chapter 18: You Guys Have Both Lost a Mother And I Feel Like She Gets You More
Chapter 19: Perfect Harmony Was About Her
Chapter 20: I'm The One That's With Her
Chapter 21: I Practically Live At Your House
Chapter 22: Cool Teleportation Skills And Good Fashion Taste
Chapter 23: I Have Chemistry With Everyone That I Sing With
Chapter 24: I Promise
Chapter 25: Well Contrary To Popular Belief, I Don't Hate You
Chapter 26: I Need To Make Sure Reggie And Luke Haven't Killed Each Other Again
Chapter 27: Hold On, We Need To Check With Security
Chapter 28: Right Now, I Truly Believe That Everything Is Right
Chapter 29: Reginald Peters, I Love You
Chapter 30: Jeez Man! You Nearly Gave Me A Heart Attack
Chapter 31: I Just Know That You Love Her
Chapter 32: The Final Part
Author's Note

Chapter 12: He Was There For Me When You Left

971 20 2
By that_one_writer13

Julie wasn't at school the next day. I texted her and I asked Flynn where she was and she just shrugged. I rolled my eyes and went to my 4th block, which was dance. Julie came rushing in during warmups. Our teacher noticed her.

"Oh Julie! How nice of you to join us."

"I'm so sorry. I overslept," she sighed.

"Take your spot please."

Julie comes over to an empty area between Flynn and I. "Flynn! Why didn't you wake me up? I missed my first three classes!"

Flynn rolled her eyes, "You said you could never show your face at this school again, and I'm a very literal person."

"It's okay, it's really two stupid ghosts that I'm mad at."

I laughed, "I'd kill Luke if he wasn't already dead."

Flynn looked at her, "Having a band is supposed to help your social life, not hurt it... oh! Y/N, I almost forgot to tell you that everyone loved your performance last night and they're wondering when you and Reggie will play again."

Before I could say anything, Julie looked behind me, "What are they doing here?"

I look over at the gym door to see the lacrosse team enter. Jacob and Nick were standing there awkwardly. "Right on time coach Barron!"

The coach is talking to the guys. I'm trying to read Nick's face, but he's looking at Julie. Him and Carrie must have finally broke up. My gaze fell to Jacob. He looked like he'd been hit by a bus. He had bandages all over his nose and a Band-Aid under is left eye. I guess I knocked him pretty good.

The coach clapped, "Okay! Partner up."

One of the tallest guys took Flynn and Nick walked over to Julie. Jacob came over to me, "Hey, will you be my partner?"

"After last night? Are you sure?"

"Yes... I deserved it. And anything you do on accident won't be as bad as my face."

I giggled, "That is true..."

"I want to be friends again, like when we were kids."

"I don't know Jacob-"

"Look you don't have to give me an answer now, but can we start somewhere? Like you calling me Jake again?" He reached his hand out for mine.

I sighed, "Yeah I guess," and I took his hand.

Jacob has always been good at dancing, so we didn't have any problems. Nick fell... a lot. After that class was over, I headed to my locker to grab my normal clothes. When I closed the door, Reggie was there.

"Ahh! We aren't in a 90s movie Reg, what are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to see you!" 

"I have-"

"Hey Y/N!" A bobcat girl waved.

"Nice job last night!" Said her friend.

They walked past and I pulled out my phone. Reggie looked confused.

"You're just going to ignore your boyfriend while he came all this way to see y-"

"Hey thanks for calling! Otherwise people may think that I'm talking to myself."

Reggie's eyes got big, "Ohh!"

"Like I was saying, I only have two more classes left until I'm going over to Julie's."

"Why are you going over there?"

"She asked me too, I guess so she doesn't have to face Luke alone."

"Alright, well I think he has a song he wants to show you. That's all I really came for, was to see you."

I smiled, "Okay!" the bell rang. "I have to go anyways. You should do this more often!"

I pretended to hang up and I put my phone in my back pocket. "I will!" Reggie called after me. I smiled and walked to my next class.

It was the end of the day and I opened my locker to put some things inside. When I closed it, Jacob was standing in the same place Reg was just hours earlier.

"Hey," he smiled.

"Hi," I zipped up my bag.

"Can I give you a ride home? Maybe take you for coffee or something?"

"No thanks," I smiled.

"Oh come on! I want to make everything up to you. I want our friendship to be like it was when we were kids."

I leaned slightly closer to him so not everyone would hear, "Do I need to punch you in the face again? Because I will, I have a boyfriend now Jake."

I leaned back. He just looked at me, "I- I didn't know you would move on so fast."

"I moved on fast? You asked me who's leather jacket this was and I told you. He was there for me when you left. He comforted me and watched my favorite movies with me-" I realized that was what Reggie might be doing for Julie, just minus the touching. He was the only guy she wasn't mad at. "I have to go."

I ran out of the school and to the Molina house. I found Julie in her room, studying. Reg was nowhere to be found. I let out a sigh of relief and she looked up.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Uh, yeah. I just realized something when I was talking to Jake and-"

"Why were you talking to Jacob?" Julie asked.

"He wants to be friends again, that's not important right now. I'll tell you about it later. But I was telling him about how I have a boyfriend and why I really needed Reggie..." she put her binder next to her and really focused on what I was saying. "-and I realized that somethings we did, you and him may also do because he's the only guy you aren't mad at."

She smiled, "You always have been paranoid, but I'm not mad at Alex. Just Luke, he knew how much pain I was in through our songs but he still ditched me anyways. Alex had no idea until I told him."

Reggie appeared in Julie's room. "Hey girls! I told the guys you'd both be here. We have something for you in the garage."

"Okay, we'll be down in a sec, Reg," I smiled.

He smiled back and poofed away.

Julie and I got up and walked out her back door to the garage. We were greeted by the guys singing, "We're sorry!" Came from Alex.
"So sorry," Reggie.
"We're super-duper, crazy, stupid-" Luke.
They all harmonized, "Sorry!"

Reggie chuckled, "In case you missed it, they're really sorry."

Julie nodded, "I got that part."

Luke came forward, towards Julie, "It wasn't okay that we flaked on the dance last night."

Alex sighed, "Yeah and neither of us wanted to disappoint you. You're the best thing that's happened to me and Luke since we became ghosts."

Luke had a flyer in his hands and he put it where both Julie and I could see it, "In hopes you'll rejoin our band, we booked a new gig! I wrote your name on the list too Y/N."

"It's a mega-important life-changing gig!" Reggie exclaimed.

"So check it out! Tons of managers go here... all we gotta do is blow them away and we're living the dream," I could see how excited Luke was. I felt bad because I knew Julie was about to crush his spirits.

"So this means a lot to you huh?" she asked and the guys nodded. "Kinda like how playing the dance at my school was important to me."

"Sounds like sarcasm." Reggie gasped, "I'm starting to think that your plan isn't working!"

Luke sighed, "Look, we know we messed up... but we need you in the band. One of you, at least." He looked at me. I threw my hands up and shook my head.

"Of course you do, because without one of us, nobody can see you play. You know, I thought the music we were writing was special... but you're too obsessed with your past to even care."

"I do care! Our band has a chance at greatness and I will not let that get away from us again!"

I looked at Julie, "I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I agree with Luke." His face lit up with hope.

"Okay so 'you care,' why did you ditch me to get back at Trevor? I'll tell you why, because there's only one thing you care about and that's yourself," Julie stormed off.

Luke walked next to where I was to watch her, wanting her to so badly look back, but she didn't. Then he was gone.

I looked at Alex and Reggie, "Where's he going?"

"If we can convince Julie to go, we'll show you," Alex sighed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

633K 16.1K 39
Julie's neighbor, and long time best friend, Olivia, is a grungey, guitar obsessed girl with no filter. The two girls are together the night a certai...
36.7K 682 23
you're best friends with flynn and julie, they've always been there for you especially through you losing your passion to sing and you've been there...
48.5K 756 31
A story in which Julie Molina has a sister named Elli. Julie starts to see three ghosts from the band sunset curve and they soon become great friends...
129K 2.2K 79
𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐄𝐒 𝐕𝐎𝐋 𝟏-𝟐 & 𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐊 BEST JATP FANFIC '22 WINNER the boys were connected to julie, but what if there was someone...