Let Me In || Jungwon

By bluexpoem

The youngest son of of one of the richest families in Korea meets the housekeeper's quirky daughter. Will she... More

1 - Let Me In Your Kingdom
2 - Rich Girl
3 - The School
4 - Troublemaker
5 - Suspicious
6 - Curry Anyone?
7 - Eyes on You
8 - My Heart Is All Weird
9 - Unforgiven
10 - Melting The Ice
11 - Heart is For Sale
12 - What Are We?
13 - Liar Liar Pants On Fire
14 - The Truth Untold
15 - Some
16 - Pucker Up
17 - Enough
18 - The Existence of You to Me
19 - Let Me In Your Heart
20 - Love Language
21 - Enemies Forever
22 - I'll protect you
24 - You're My Warmth
25 - Hello Ghost?!
26 - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
27 - Blue
28 - My Biggest Supporter
29 - Moving On
30 - Meet Him Among Them
31 - Scouted
32 - Through the Night
33 - You, Me, Us
34 - Together Always...?
35 - Still With You
Will there be a sequel??
The Sequel Is Out!!

23 - Sweet & Sour

5.7K 235 298
By bluexpoem

- Sunni PoV -

"Hello, Kim Sunni, you've been cordially invited to afternoon tea with Mrs. Yang, this upcoming Monday..."

My eyes widen from the sudden message. Why the sudden invite? Doesn't she hate me?

I look at Jungwon who's been staring at me this whole time as he was eating. I'm sure he doesn't know about this, and if he did, he would be raging...

"Mrs. Yang forbids you to speak on this with Yang Jungwon. She'll see you tomorrow..."

I hang up the phone, speechless. I only got to say "hello" and that's it. I didn't get to decline or anything. In fact, I don't want to go. Why would I have tea with a woman who claimed I wasn't worthy?

"Who was it?" Jungwon asks always curious.

I'm conflicted to answer. I want to tell him, because why would I hide the truth to Jungwon? But if I tell him now, would it ruin the day? Mentioning his parents always changes his mood.

"Spam," I lied.

He squints his eyes at me and his eyebrows twitch. He's on to me. Never would I thought no one else besides Yuni would be able to read my mind, but it turns out Jungwon 100 percent can, and he's accurate all the time.

"Is there something you're not telling me?" He questions still with squinting eyes.

Sunni, pull it off. Do something!

"I have the biggest crush on you," I reply innocently.

He freezes then lets out a giggle. Got him!

"I think I figured that out a while ago," he says with his cheeks flushed.

He leans in closer to me, "I was thinking before we have to go to the amusement park... we can go to the beach?" He asks quite hesitantly. "Only, if you're okay with it."

I give him a soft smile, "Yang Jungwon.. I'm fine..."

He keeps staring at me trying to look for a deeper answer through my eyes. What is he not believing?

I then lean in closer to him, "I'm fine... besides, I want to spend every second with you before I can't do that anymore."

I get him to smile. Gosh, I do love that dimple of his.

I notice his eyes looking at my lips then back to my eyes.

I roll my eyes, "Am I that irresistible?"

He lets out an airy laugh.

"Mhm, too irresistible," he replies kind of catching me off guard. Usually he'll make a savage remark, but this... this is quite straightforward for it being this early in the morning.

"Gosh, if the girls at Daeil heard you, I would literally get jumped the next second," I say making him laugh again, but I'm like totally serious. They so would!

"Our first kiss was literally the other day..." I pause. "You just really like my lips huh?"

I then pucker my lips at him jokingly but he starts leaning in.

"Ya..." I push his lips away with my fingers. "Are you crazy?!"

He smirks, "A little bit."

I let out a sigh and do a "tsk" sound. "You're acting as if I was your first kiss, I know I'm not."

"Well... I don't count Jayun being my first kiss because it was purely forced," He replies putting his finger to his lips. I'm starting to notice his cute little habits, especially when he's in his thinking mode.

"I don't believe I'm the only girl besides Jayun that you kissed," I say crossing my arms.

His eyebrows twitches, "But it's true."

I scoff. "Yea, right. You know basically all the girls at Daeil like you?

"Mhm, including you," he says with a smug smile.

Disbelief. I knew the savagery was coming.

My jaw drops at his statement. Is he wrong? No. Am I mad that he isn't? Absolutely.

"Let gaurr~ We need to have enough time at the beach," Jungwon says getting up.

"Guarr?" I mimic confused.

"Ah," Jungwon lets out. "I've been hanging out with Jake hyung a lot these days."

I laugh at his funny accent.

We clean up our trays and leave with the weird feeling that someone was watching me.

*******

"Wah!~" I scream as I run across the sandy beach holding Jungwon's hand.

We came to Hyeopjae beach that's famously known for it's white-sand shores that stretch out for miles. It's beautiful!

Suddenly, all my worries go away with seeing the blue ocean and my hand being connected with Jungwon's.

This is what I imagined our trip to be. With us uncontrollably laughing with our hearts content by just being with each other. No drama, no almost dying, just... pure happiness.

We get close to the water once it recedes, but then run away like little kids screaming as it comes back.

Jungwon picks me up and jokingly tries to put me in the water.

"Yang Jungwon!" I shout as he laughs his heart out.

Once he puts me down, I playfully push him making him almost fall into the water.

"Kim Sunni!" He shouts and starts to chase me.

My laughter fills the air. I wouldn't trade this moment for anything.

After chasing each other for what seems like forever and dipping our toes in the cold water, we sit down criss crossed in front of each other to play a friendly game of CHAM CHAM CHAM!

"Lets set our prizes," I start to say smirking. "If I win..."

I start to think. What's something I wouldn't normally get from Jungwon? I could say tteokbokki, but he usually buys be that. Piggy back rides? Help with the café?

That's when it clicks.

"You have to continue teaching me how to dance," I say. "Secretly... of course..."

He nods, "Okay..." He then looks up to think.

He looks back down at me. "If I win, I get a kiss from you."

I should've saw this coming.

"At least 10 seconds," he says putting both his hands up to the number 10.

I let out a scoff and look around us. There's quite a bit of people, but nobody that I recognize. I think we're in the clear.

"Fine," I agree making Jungwon smile cutely.

I go first. "Cham.. cham.. cham!" Jungwon looks the opposite direction of my hand.

"Cham.. cham..cham!" Jungwon then goes making me win this round.

We go back and forth until...

"Cham...Cham.." Jungwon pauses. "Cham!"

"Ahhh!" I scream as my head follows the direction of his hand.

I fall to my back dramatically. I can't believe I lost!!

"Come on~" Jungwon says in aegyo as he grabs my hands to sit me back up.

We stare into each others eyes.

"Sunniya.." Jungwon says. "About last night.."

I shake my head not wanting to hear it.

"I'm fine," I cut him off.

"I just want you to know that I'm here... whenever you need protecting," he continues to talk.

His eyes looks sincere. If I were to ask someone to protect me, if anything, Jungwon would be the first person I'll call...

"I don't care that you're this feisty little weirdo, sometimes you need a shield and I can be that for you," he finishes.

He then leans in so close to my face.

"I don't want to see you hurt again," he whispers.

He closes the gap between us and kisses me sweetly.

The background noises of laughter, chatter, and the waves hitting the shore fill the air as our lips move rhythmically together.

Jungwon pulls away a little bit, "It's been 10 seconds..."

"I'll extend it..." I say looking into his eyes.

He smiles then places his lips back on mines.

Who knew this guy who claims I'm the second girl he's kissed would be such a good kisser. Starting to think he has me fooled.

We then pull away from each other making disgusted faces.

"Ya... did you fall on your face or what? Why am I tasting sand?" I complain.

"Ha! Me? Are you some kind of sea turtle?" He then tries to blame it on.

"Sea turtle?! How creative! You basically have sand all up in your mouth," I smack my lips.

"Ah! Whatever!" Jungwon exclaims before grabbing my face to continue kissing me.

I smile as we kiss. He truly is a simp for me huh...Not even caring about the sand in our mouths. Gosh, I love it though.

- 3rd Person PoV -

"I'm so happy we got a discount!" Exclaims a smiling Ms. Go.

Ms. Go and Ms. Kim are walking together to go back to Ms. Go's café holding bags of groceries. It's a daily routine for Ms. Go to go every Sunday, and now that Ms. Kim is here, she has extra hands.

"You know, with Jungwon helping out nowadays, we've been getting more customers! Might have to go shopping again in a few days," Ms. Go lets out a laugh.

"That's good for you, but Sunni is for sure the jealous type," Ms. Kim says playfully bumping into her.

"You must've saved the Queen in your past life. What if they end up marrying each other? You can end up rich!" Ms. Go says.

Ms. Kim scoffs, "Be quiet! They're kids... and besides, his parents will never allow that."

Ms. Kim thinks back to her conversation with Mrs. Yang and Mr. Yang. It seems they totally despise the idea of Sunni and Jungwon together.

There's nothing wrong with Sunni. She's 17, it's normal to be quite outrageous and over the top. Ms. Kim kind of thinks it's her fault that Sunni is portrayed the way Mrs. Yang sees her though.

She lets out a sigh catching Ms. Go's attention.

"Now what's on your mind unnie?" Ms. Go questions her looking at her sincerely.

"If only I listened to my mom and-"

"Ya!" Ms. Go yells at her. "Don't bring yourself down. I'm sure your mom is proud of you still."

Ms. Kim shakes her head almost choking up.

Now for a story that was never finished being told...

Ms. Kim dropped out of high school because her father fell ill. With him being out of work and being the bread winner, the family's pillar was falling down. Ms. Kim's mother had to take care of her father, so they were in need of money.

Ms. Kim's mother forbid her to drop out, but she did so anyways. She kept pushing and pushing, but Ms. Kim never budged.

When her father passed away, the world was grey for so long. Ms. Kim's mother couldn't bare to live with her daughter knowing she doesn't have an education.

She persisted on her going back to school and getting a life.

"Go learn! Go make something out of yourself! I will only be happy if you give yourself a successful life!"

Is what she said to Ms. Kim, but Ms. Kim didn't want to leave her widowed mother all by herself, so she continued to stay.

One day when Ms. Kim was coming back to work, the family house was on fire.

Paramedics declared Ms. Kim's mother dead, with no body found...

"If I made a life out of myself, Sunni would've been Mrs. Yang top candidate!" Sobs Ms. Kim.

"Aigoo! Stop! Think about it! Sunni and Jungwon would have never met each other and I probably would've never met you if you didn't come crying to my shop," Ms. Go making Ms. Kim smile.

"You're right," Ms. Kim wipes her tears.

"I am right! Now don't cry! You deserve to be happy, okay?" Ms. Go looks over to Ms. Kim waiting for her response.

"Okay," Ms. Kim sniffles.

Ms. Go lets out an obnoxious laugh leading Ms. Kim to let out a laugh also. She can always rely on her, no matter what.

"Aigoo!!" Ms. Go suddenly stops in her tracks.

"What is it woman?" Ms. Kim stops also.

"I forgot the most important ingredient, flour!!" Ms. Go smacks her forehead. "I have to open the shop but I need it.."

"Let me go get it, go open the shop!" Ms. Kim says giving her the bags she was carrying.

"You sure?" Ms. Go questions.

"Yes yes now go!" Ms. Kim shoos her off with her hand.

Ms. Kim now waits at the traffic light waiting to cross the street to the grocery she store.

She wipes the rest of her tears and gets a hold of herself.

She misses her mom. Especially since she went down with her family home.. She wishes she could've at least gave her a proper burial.

The crosswalk changes the signal to walk.

Ms. Kim looks at the time of her watch and notices the bakery is scheduled to open in an hour. She needs to get the flour back to Ms. Go on time.

She goes ahead and starts walking but doesn't notice the big white truck coming straight at her.

A/N

Hello my loves!! We hit 2K!! I'm literally so incredibly happy that we've reached this point, even with just 1 read makes my entire day!

I absolutely love writing this book, and I hope you guys are enjoying it thus far!

So much more to come my loves! The story isn't ending just yet!!

Since we're already so far into the story, who's your favorite character? Could be from Sunni to Ms. Go or even the rest of Enha and their brief appearances!

Till the next chapter~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.6K 1.6K 42
"𝘿𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚....." "𝘿𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢?" ╰┈➤ᴊᴜɴɢᴡᴏɴ/ᴇɴʜʏᴘᴇɴ ꜰꜰ Ⓢⓣⓐⓡⓣⓔⓓ - 𝟸𝟹 𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚎, 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟹 Ⓕⓘⓝⓘⓢⓗⓔⓓ - 𝟷𝟿 𝙽...
57.7K 804 11
(Being rewritten) "He who desires, but acts not, breeds pestilence" -William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell" Beacon Academy: the most presti...
2.3M 117K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
46.6K 1.4K 42
"𝐈𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤..... 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞?" Best friends to lovers (slow burn) Started: July 26, 2022 Ende...