FOR ALL THAT IS LEFT - A MaNa...

بواسطة Gargi_H

This story is present only on wattpad platform, if you find it in any other, please report. DO NOT ENCOURAGE... المزيد

DO READ
OVERVIEW
PROLOGUE
FACE CLAIM
1. THE RUNAWAY COUPLE?
2. NANDINI OR ....
3. ALL THE FIRSTS
Against His Own
4. SWEET SAVIOUR
6. HAPPINESS, ECSTACY AND MISERY!
7. FOR EACH OTHER
8. TERRACE AND TALKS
9. YOU ARE SO GORGEOUS
COURSE OF ACTION

5. CONNECTED STRANGERS

661 75 15
بواسطة Gargi_H

Hello, everyone!

Missed me and the story?

I'm back with a new chapter.

But before that I would like to clear about the time frames. I see some of you are confused.

We would be having three time frames.

2013, when all the characters would be in college.

2019, an year after the Butterflies graduate college. You'd know why I mentioned this later in the story.

2021, the present day when Manik and Nandini eloped from the wedding.

A note regarding their ages too.

Butterflies are in the same class.

Manik, a year senior to them.

Neeyan and Vatsal, two years senior to the Butterflies.

I hope I'm clear.

Enjoy reading!

SPACE Institute of Health Sciences,
2013

(Please read the above note if you skipped it. It's important)

Nandini, what was that? What would he think about you? Kritika asked her sternly. She did not like her best friend asking for a chocolate from a rich stranger. She felt she should have just let it go and said that it was just an act of kindness as it actually was. What if he misunderstood her to be a gold digger, however small the gift was?

Kriti... chill. I did what I thought was right. Besides, when he asked me what I wanted all I could think of was that. What's wrong in taking a little advantage? She winked at the end making the Butterflies laugh. She was like this, bubbly and teasing.

After they had their lunch, all of them headed towards their next subject which they had together, when Avni and Mansi held Nandini back.

Out with it! They asked raising an eyebrow each. Nandini sighed. Just a month and they knew her already. How?

She looked at them who were standing with a 'no excuse' look on their face.

Ok.. fine... I wanted to teach him a lesson. I wanted to prove it to him that his opinion about girls is wrong. He literally was analyzing my character and I don't appreciate it. I condemn bigotry and he was doing exactly that. She said with a tone of mild anger. She hated being judged on prejudice.

The girls looked at each other before nodding. Something they understood about Nandini in these days is that she can't tolerate anything close to inequity near her. She would make it right in quirky ways.

But, why the drama? You could have told on his face that you were not expecting anything. Mansi asked confused.

He would have thought that I'm faking my kindness and the conversation would have dragged for no reason. As I told, he was too adamant to look beyond his bubble. For some reason, he disliked girls and I just wanted him to see that everyone was not the same. Girls can be simple, kind, mischievous, loving, giving, outspoken, independent, sassy all at the same time. Not only mean, conniving and conspiring as he opines. Nandini shrugged. She sensed that Neeyan was not a bad guy, but just a bit arrogant especially towards women.

Oh girl, why do you always invite trouble? Avni asked in disbelief. Why did her best friend have this wierd disorder of correcting all that's wrong when she can just move away from things which don't concern her.

I don't invite it. It comes along with the things I do for my self satisfaction. Nandini said with a bad face, leaving Mansi and Avni laughing.

Present Day
Mumbai

Neeyan watched as his wife was seriously arranging her already clean wardrobe. A habit she picked up from her best friend. She kept shifting all the clothes and bringing them back to the same position. She unfolded and folded the already kept clothes.

He walked to her, held her hand and brought her to the bed. She looked at him with a mild frown.

They would be fine, Mansi. Don't stress over it. Please. He requested as his wife turned her face away from him. He made her face him by holding her cheek and saw worry clearly written on her face.

Mansi.... he sighed. He knew his wife had a thousand thoughts running inside her head but she wouldn't utter a word. She wanted herself to be seen only as a strength at the time and she somehow had a misconception that putting everything inside her would serve her purpose.

It's ok. You can tell me. He told her softly. She contemplated if she should tell him as she knew he was going through a tough time too. Manik is his brother and Nandini... very very special.

Mansi, we would deal with this together. You would just go mad with all the stuff you have inside this tiny little head. Better share it. He said poking her temples, which in return received her glare.

Nothing different from you, Neeyan. I'm just wondering where they are? Is Nandu even speaking something to him? And what is Manik doing? We know what happened and how to deal with Nandini, but he is clueless na. Why did he actually take her with him? Why did he even elope? I know how much he wanted the marriage with her. I don't know what to think and what to do. She poured out all her thoughts and placed her head on his shoulder, looping her arm with his.

Neeyan patted her head with his free hand. She was right. He had all these questions too. He was praying to all gods to give Manik some brain so that he would give Neeyan a call. But, seems like God could not help his rotten brain. These were a few times he was irritated with his brother's 'no response' nature and this turned out to be one of those.

Mansi, don't worry. You know that however they are, whatever they might feel, they would take care of each other. It's their inherent nature. I'm worried too. But, I do have faith in both of them. They'd take care of each other. Neeyan tried to assure her, but his tone lacked that conviction which was common. He knew they'd take care of each other, but what about their fragile hearts?

Assure me when you are sure yourself, Neeyan. Mansi said strictly.

Neeyan sighed at his wife and walked to the window in their room.

Mansi followed silently and held his shoulder. She clearly saw the lines of worry on his forehead. She despised it. Neeyan cared for everyone he loved. Though owning his love was a mammoth task, once you are on his list of dear ones, he'd never leave you. Manik and Nandini top that list.

I don't fear them being harmed physically. They are strong enough to counter that. I fear their tender emotions, fragile feelings and scarred fate. They wouldn't hurt the other. But, in an attempt to keep them happy, they'd hurt themselves. You don't know how similar they are. You don't. Neeyan explained his worries.

He was cursed with the misfortune of watching them cry at their lowest amd knowing them the best. He knew them both more than any other.

Mansi always wondered what brought Nandini so close to his heart. Of course, Nandini had an undeniable charm. But, the relationship that these both shared was way beyond what could be seen with the eye. They were associated at deeply emotional level, rather than a blood tie that is usually considered the strongest. Maybe, that is exactly why Neeyan considered Nandini no less than Manik.

Her thoughts brought back her worries. She was worried for her best friends. Her MaNan.

She smiled as she reminisced how she crazily she shipped them during her under graduate days.

SPACE Institute of Health Sciences,
2013

It had been a week since her encounter with Neeyan and Vatsal. She nearly forgot about it, until she received a box of almond Snickers after exactly three days, making her squel in excitement. Now, she always has a beautiful smile on her lips everytime she opens the wrapper of her chocolate as she never expected Neeyan to actually gift her this.

She was right. Neeyan was not a bad guy.

She wished to gift him one chocolate as well, as a gesture of thanks. But, she doubted if she wanted to meet him. She definitely would have shared the box with his best friend, though. He was just like her when it is about chocolates. She was elated about it, as none of her friends were actually mad about chocolates as she was. He would have been a good chocolate gorging partner.

Kriti shook her out of her trance with her raised eyebrows, to which Nandini returned a goofy smile making Kriti shake her head.

May I know where is Nandini Murthy's table? She heard a distant voice. It was soft, almost velvety. She turned around to see who was enquiring about her. Her eyes widened as she recognized his back. The mystery guy.

Then, it stuck her. He was unwell when she last met him. How was he now? And why was he asking for her?

She went to him before he could garner a reply and tapped on his shoulder. He turned around and his eyes met hers and the moment froze.

Neither Manik nor Nandini believed in the filmy crap of connecting to someone at first sight. But, now they were questioning their judgements. Could it be remotely possible to feel attracted to a person without knowing them? What is that.... feeling?

Instantly, a series of incidents reeled in their minds at an 16X speed and they quickly composed themselves.

Nandini Murthy, she said waving her hand.

Manik Malhotra, he acknowledged.

After a minute of silence, Nandini asked You were looking for me?

Yes. Actually I wanted to thank you for that day. I don't know what would have happened if I had gone unconscious in that room, all alone. You really saved my family lots of tension and stress. Thank you very much. He spoke sincerely. His eyes conveyed how genuinely he felt indebted.

And you?, she queried.

Huh? He was confused.

Didn't you feel relief that you were ok? She repeated more clearly.

Manik stood there uncomfortably, shuffling on his feet. She touched his sensitive nerve even without having a hint of it. He somehow didn't want to lie to her that he practised so effortlessly for years now. He was quiet.

Nandini waited for an answer but on not getting one, she let it slide. For once, she did not insist. Her heart warned her against it.

Anyway... your brother gifted me already for helping you. With a gift of my choice. So, I think it's even now. Nandini said. Somehow, this guy had a very calming effect on her.

Another important thing about Nandini is... she is very bad at recieving compliments. She can give a hundred in the blink of an eye, but cannot recieve even one properly. She would divert that topic anyhow. Like she did now.

But, as soon as she spoke, she swore she noticed disappointment in his eyes before it dissolved to his usual demeanor. It felt nice to see some kind of emotion in his normally blank eyes, even though it is not very receptive. She was disturbed when she first noticed them too. (Refer chapter 3)

Ok. He replied, his voice a notch lower than before.

I'll take a leave. Please don't let me disturb you. He proceeded to the canteen door, when she called out to him.

Manik turned into to see her with a wide smile on her face and a chocolate in her hands.

I forgot to ask, would you like to share your brother's gift with me? I thought to give your brother one, but I don't think I can handle another sane conversation with your arrogant brother. But, I'd be glad if you give one to his best friend. He's sweet. She grinned.

Share? Arrogant brother? Best friend? What is this girl even speaking? He was confused.

Arey, does freezing on spot run in the family? Your brother didn't react to my conversation and now you too? Nandini was irritated. First thing, her unknown attraction to his eyes. Second thing, his blank eyes. Third thing, his lack of prompt response. It was all getting in her nerves and Nandini was never known for her patience.

Manik jolted out of his state at her words, but continued to stare at her, gauging her. Never did a girl ask him to share her brother's gift to them. He was used to his brother gifting and dealing with girls to keep them off his back. Manik protested many a times saying he can manage and take care of himself. But, do elder brothers listen?

He, in the tiny corner of his heart, also felt responsible for his brother's overprotective behaviour. If only he was careful that day........
Manik pulled himself out of his thoughts of 'that' day for he knew it would only pain him and leave a deep impact on his already scarred heart.

A little tremor to his body brings him out of shock. He saw Nandini with a frown that she barely tried to hide.

I'm sorry. I didn't get you. He said politely and Nandini couldn't help but smile at his soft tone. Why was his voice so smooth? Literally like butter.

Well, your brother gifted me a box of chocolates when I asked for just one. So, I thought I'd share it with you people as I already gave my friends their share. Normally, I don't share my chocolates, but this occasion is one exception as I'm extremely happy to lay my eyes on my latest favorite. So would you have one? She questioned while he gaped at her speed of speech. His brain took a minute to recieve her sound waves, convert them into understandable message and decipher it to him.

Ummmm.... no. Thank you. He said awkwardly. What was he five, to share chocolates?

(Note that I disagree with Manik here)

Your hard luck. By the way, thank your brother and give this to your brother's friend. He'll appreciate this divine offering to mankind, unlike you all. She criticized him for not accepting the mouth watering bite.

Manik nodded, took the chocolate and left the place, with a small but genuine smile playing on his lips.

She is unpredictable, but unique!

Huff.... finally, another part is out.

This story is a bit difficult to write for me as it requires me to build all the characters, while not opening up the the entire story to maintain the interest.

Hope you'll like it.

Manik Malhotra has finally met Nandini Murthy. What do you think about their first meet? Rate it.

What do you think about Nandini's pov? Do you think she did right in the situation?

How are you as a girl or a woman?

What is your idea of an ideal woman?

Neeyan and Mansi?

LIKE, SHARE AND COMMENT!

Adios,
Gargi!

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

137K 15K 46
"I will definitely help you in finding the murder mystery of Varna. Hariharan. I promise I will help you..." why can't Manik leave me to myself. I kn...
3.6M 253K 151
#01 in fanfiction on 23/02/18 Nandini murthy:-) A girl full of life and fun, wants to be independent and stand on her own feet. Loves her family. Man...
515K 37.6K 23
Manik Malhotra, the name itself brings so many emotions in ones mind- love, passion, music and fear. He was a rock star and a businessman for the wor...